• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    iPhone [iPhone 8] Instagram app functions perfectly, but will not close, and I cannot get to the home screen. Holding power button, and all combinations of buttons for 2+ minutes does nothing. More info in comments.

    iPhone [iPhone 8] Instagram app functions perfectly, but will not close, and I cannot get to the home screen. Holding power button, and all combinations of buttons for 2+ minutes does nothing. More info in comments.


    [iPhone 8] Instagram app functions perfectly, but will not close, and I cannot get to the home screen. Holding power button, and all combinations of buttons for 2+ minutes does nothing. More info in comments.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:50 PM PDT

    Edit: apparently reddit can't handle a bulleted list within a numbered list? Oh well. I guess after #4, it just goes back to #1.

    1. It's an iPhone 8, and I don't know the software version.

    2. Instagram is open, and all functions of Instagram work.

    3. Instagram cannot be closed by any means. Double tapping home button does nothing.

    4. Holding any combination of the following buttons for over 2 minutes straight does nothing:

    • power button

    • power button + volume buttons

    • power button + home button

    1. Asking Siri to do the following does nothing:
    • close Instagram

    • restart phone

    • power down phone

    • open any other app (it says it can't)

    1. Turning on airplane mode does not help.

    2. All buttons within that little quick action settings menu (when you swipe up from the bottom) which open a new window do nothing.

    3. Tapping all physical buttons over and over quickly does nothing.

    Insight appreciated. Currently just letting the battery run out. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Arachnatron
    [link] [comments]

    Will screen time data and set up transfer to a new iPhone I buy? Or will I need to manually reset it up?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:17 PM PDT

    I'm just curious, it's something I wanna modify even more but I'm wondering if I get a new phone, if I could set it up manually again, and to cover any potholes that I have missed in the past?

    submitted by /u/junkymonkey123
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5S (original, not new style) stuck on calls forwarded to voicemail in the UK

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    So my Daughter has my old 5S on the Three network in the UK mostly for games/YouTube but also for me to be able to call her etc It has the latest updates and nothing untoward has happened or is wrong with the phone.

    Rather than turning the phone off at night or using do-not-disturb, she forwarded all calls to voicemail and now the toggle is just spinning and spinning endlessly and I cannot cancel the forwarding.

    I've tried everything: network settings reset, turning mobile data on and off (this phone doesn't say cellular data or anything about LTE like I've seen mentioned on other support threads), I've tried a different SIM card in the phone, used the various # type codes - everything it says to do online. It is still stuck on forwarded to voicemail 😭

    Can anyone help? Any suggestions? Is it an Apple thing or maybe the network provider? I am not at all tech savvy and it's giving me massive Mum stress that I can't call her. Thank you for reading.

    submitted by /u/imarriedanarcissist
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 glass back

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Recently got a iPhone 8 and got a charging pad the first one didn't work brand Is called onn then got a second one called belkin and it's still not working yes I have the glass back I'm just wondering why it's not working. Could it be because my phone isn't working or the finger prints on the back of my phone

    submitted by /u/Snoo9406
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR stopped in the middle of erasing content

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:25 PM PDT

    So I got a new iPhone. After I transferred everything to my new one, I went to delete all the info off of my Xr. Apple logo pops up, loading bar loads. Normal. Then near the end it just stops. And this has been on for hours at this point, I've even held the power buttons and the volume buttons. Nothing makes it proceed past that little bit it still has to go. It's just frozen. I even looked at it super close to make sure it wasn't actually moving. Help?

    submitted by /u/franticfeline
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 disconnecting AirPods (not an AirPod problem)

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I've been having this weird problem with my iPhone 8 and I'm not sure what I can try to fix it.

    I use AirPods to listen to music, but lately when I listen on my iPhone, the iPhone will disconnect the AirPods after listening for one minute. The sound usually comes back, but only on the left side. This happens every single time.

    I thought it was my AirPods so I tried listening with my husbands AirPods and the exact same thing happens😭

    Normally this doesn't happen when I listen to music with regular apple wired headphones, but yesterday when I used those the music did stop playing a couple of times so I'm wondering if it is the same thing.

    Even though I don't think it's an AirPods problem i have tried doing a factory reset of my AirPods, and tried restarting my iPhone etc. Any idea as to why this is happening? Thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/himawari_sunshine
    [link] [comments]

    Alcohol before putting protective glass

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    Hello everybody! Today I went to get a protective glass on my Iphone SE 2020, and the lady who put it, sprayed the screen of my phone 2 times with a liquid that according to her was "watered down alcohol" then rubbed it of quickly with a little wiping towel and put the glass.

    Screen looks and works perfect as well as the fingerprint reader but I couldn't help going into panic because I know alcohol is abrasive unless it's isopropyl alcohol.

    Could she have damaged my oleophobic coating from that action itself? or I need to stop worrying?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/AliasBr1
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone virus? Help please

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I recently viewed a attachment on outlook that has been causing my mind to race. I received an email and I viewed the attachment because I thought it would give me insight into the computer part they are looking for. There was 14 attachments and they all had 8 random numbers @ 8 random numbers. Wasn't a traditional JPEG or DOC. When I clicked on them, it said "file format is not supported". I quickly realized that I probably shouldn't of clicked on them and have been panicking ever sense. I am using an iPhone and running the latest update. Could I have been hacked or malicious software? The thought of someone watching me through my camera, listening to me or going through my information scares me. I know it's probably an overreaction but It never hurts to ask. The email was from a foreign address but it was a client. Usually when he emails me, it has his name and company at the bottom. This one didn't and it had "sent from mobile" written in what I assume is mandarin. Its still from his email address though. The attachments also do not show up when I look at outlook on a desktop, only on mobile application.

    Thanks for your help and reading my novel. Happy Friday

    submitted by /u/blahmah155689
    [link] [comments]

    Will the iPhone SE be discontinued when the next iPhone get launched?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Is there selective call forwarding for 'No Caller ID' numbers?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:08 PM PDT

    I have clients who regularly and incorrectly call 'Number A' when they should really be calling 'Number B'. I've tried the *67*'Number B'# trick, which diverts BUSY (Blocked & Declined) calls to 'Number B'. This works wonderfully as blocked calls directly go to 'Number B' without me knowing. However, it does NOT divert 'No Caller ID' calls, but instead sends them to my regular voicemail. I've tried calling from a blocked number, but I'm able to still reach 'Number A' voicemail if I hide my caller ID.

    Is there a way to also divert 'No Caller ID's to 'Number B'?

    submitted by /u/wowyogurt
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 12 Pro Locking me out

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:02 PM PDT

    I have facial recognition and a backup PIN as the method of entry. At random times, my phone just decides to not let me in. Usually the lock that appears on the top of the lock screen, waits a bit for the facial recognition to work before deciding to get me to my PIN. However, at these random times, it does NOT wait and immediately denies me access. My PIN, 6 numbers that I memorized and have used for ALL my accounts, also doesn't work at these times. At these random times, I am completely locked out of my phone and have to wait a LONG time or factory wipe my phone to be given access of entry. What is this issue and how do I fix it??

    submitted by /u/elena_esg
    [link] [comments]

    What are the chances?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:47 PM PDT

    In the past six years, I have had four iPhones get "loop disease" (the first of these was a 5s, so I guess that wasn't technically loop disease). The longest one lasted almost three years before getting "sick"; the shortest, eight months. Now, obviously, there is a certain amount of user error here. Is the cure simply not dropping the phone (obviously a good idea), and limiting flexion of the phone? And, as far as limiting flexion goes, what can one do other than not carrying the phone in their back pocket (or purposefully bending the phone, I would guess)? :-)

    submitted by /u/greeenfieldsteven
    [link] [comments]

    Receiving Non-iPhone Texts As Phone Number When Contact Is In My Contacts

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    I recently went to the Maldives and when I came back, I noticed texts from non-iPhone users were being sent normally (eg. contact is Mom in my phone) but I'm receiving the replies as +40 45555555 (Atlanta area code). I have to then reply to the contact and I'll get the answer from the number. So the whole conversation is in two different threads. I've tried deleting the contact and adding back and deleting the text thread but nothing works. And it's the same issue with all of non-Apple contacts. Has this happened to anyone or anyone know how to fix it??

    submitted by /u/alexxinwonderland_
    [link] [comments]

    What's better, an Otterbox Defender case or an Otterbox Commuter case with a glass screen protector for any iPhone, because I feel that the Defender is too much?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    What's better, an Otterbox Defender case or an Otterbox Commuter case with a glass screen protector for any iPhone, because I feel that the Defender is too much?

    submitted by /u/Due_Living939
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 disabled and cannot connect to iTunes. I need what is stored on the device. It is not backed up to my iCloud. Is there anything I could do, or am I SOL?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:48 AM PDT

    My iPhone 7 had a really bad cracked screen. I finally got it fixed yesterday. But since it was fixed, the screen reads that it is disabled and that I must connect to iTunes. (Before I fixed it, there had been times were I could still unlock it. So I don't know what happened between it being broken to being repaired that made it become disabled.)

    I have attempted to connect to iTunes as my phone suggests. When I do, I receive this message:
    >iTunes could not connect to the iPhone "XXXX's iPhone" because it is locked with a passcode. You must enter your passcode on the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.

    However, the iPhone still says that it is disabled and it does not give me that option to put in my passcode.

    So then I googled my problem and attempted to go the restore route.

    That didn't work either. It was able to install and update the system (I think?) but it still encountered the problem basically leaving me with only being able to restore to factory settings.

    I tried going the Find My iPhone route, but my old phone appears to be offline. It wasn't backed up to the cloud either because I checked.

    Is there anything I could do about this? What I need on that phone would help me on a legal matter is why I am so desperate. Thanks in advance for your help.

    submitted by /u/kardii_t
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS bottom microphone problem

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    So, I have an iPhone XS, purchased january 2020, running iOS 14.4.2 I'm having an issue with my bottom mic, since this afternoon. I can't record audios or have calls, because people can't hear what I say, but I can easily use Siri, or record videos and hear the audio from them. I need your help, I tried to disable noise cancellation, I tried to restart the phone, and clear the microphone, but nothing happens. I'm now doing a backup of whatsapp and the whole phone to try having a full reset of the phone. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/yyakuza
    [link] [comments]

    Not getting verification texts for some apps.

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    I been noticing I'm not getting the verification texts from apps when entering my phone number. I need to verify my phone number with coinbase for example during the initial sign up. But haven't gotten an messages. Another app also had this issue so I am unable to complete registration. Not sure what's causing this.

    submitted by /u/PZeroNero
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t change Lock Screen

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    Can't customise Lock Screen after latest iOS update

    Anyone else had this issue? I can change the wallpaper via Setting -> Wallpaper, but not able to change my Lock Screen picture.

    Before, I had a little note on my Lock Screen providing my email address should anyone find my phone if I lose it.

    Help?

    Thanks ❤️

    submitted by /u/swakswakswak
    [link] [comments]

    Please help. IPhone 7 problem

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    Hi. My iPhone seven constantly sends 'cellular update failed' messages and doesn't let me use data. I've tried fixing it by plugging it up to my computer and using iTunes like the apple website says but it doesn't work. It has also started randomly restarting with no warning or any way for me to stop it. It's not getting hot or anything. Please help.

    submitted by /u/RudeAntalope661
    [link] [comments]

    Travel time arrive help

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    Is there a way to have the iPhone send an alert for when to leave with its arrival time 10 minutes before the event time? If I have an appointment at 1:00, I want to arrive at the location at 12:50, not at 1:00. This is what I know so far:

    • Add address to the event
    • Select travel time, and enable it.
    • Select starting location, and hit current location.

    Then there are the options below. It automatically checks the "Based on location" location, but there are also options for 5 minute, 15 minute, 30 min, . . . ect. What specifically do those options mean?

    When I go back to the Edit Event page, I set up an Alert to go off 10 minutes before travel time, and then a second alert as time to leave, are those continually updated to where I am currently located at that point in time?

    submitted by /u/usernamenotfound789
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel