• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 21, 2021

    iOS Beta iOS 14.5 RC: iPhone takes precedence over HomePod when saying "Hey Siri, answer the phone"

    iOS Beta iOS 14.5 RC: iPhone takes precedence over HomePod when saying "Hey Siri, answer the phone"


    iOS 14.5 RC: iPhone takes precedence over HomePod when saying "Hey Siri, answer the phone"

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    Prior to the RC, saying "Hey Siri, answer the phone" when your iPhone is ringing would answer the phone on the device that had the most Siri "precedence" (HomePod over iPhone, an awake/unlocked device vs a sleeping one, etc.).

    As of this RC, the iPhone seems to take control of the Siri request in situations where the HomePod used to.

    submitted by /u/xpxp2002
    [link] [comments]

    Ios 14.5 RC Unlock With Apple Watch not working after phone restart

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    Whenever i restart my iphone or apple watch, face unlock with apple watch wouldnt work. I have to re enable the toggle to enable the feature. Is this a known issue?

    submitted by /u/rickyandika97
    [link] [comments]

    [Discussion] macOS 11.4 dev beta was released today, while 11.3 still hasn’t been released to public. I’m not sure if we should be expecting iOS 14.6 or not.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    My thoughts for a while were that iOS 14.5.x would carry itself to the end of 14, but I suppose we shall see.

    submitted by /u/Blainezab
    [link] [comments]

    [14.5 RC] If you have the "Unable to communicate with Apple Watch" bug, here are a few things you can try

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    Ever since I got my screen replaced at an Apple Store and I had to restore an iTunes backup, the watch unlock feature has not worked since. I finally figured out how to fix the "Unable to communicate with Apple Watch" issue.

    I have listed several methods ranking from the easiest try to the most effort. Some of them are from this thread and the last method is what worked for my situation. If you have other methods to get it working, comment below too!

    Before trying anything, make sure you're on the latest firmware, which is currently 14.5 RC. Sometimes an update can fix the issue.

     

    Method 1

    by /u/donutscarfer and /u/Myers431

    Go to the Watch app -> Passcode and turn off "Unlock with iPhone". Make sure you back out of the Passcode page to save the changes and try to enable unlock with watch again.

     

    Method 2

    by /u/NamirGaming

    Use the same passcode for both your phone and your watch and see if the bug goes away.

     

    Method 3

    This fixed my problem from the iTunes backup (I guess now it's Finder Backup on macOS)

    /u/dblrnbw30 solved the problem in a previous beta by going back to 14.4 stable release with an iCloud backup from before the beta, then updated to the beta again. Which prompted me to just try an iCloud backup instead of iTunes, and it worked.

    Simply put: iTunes backup might trigger this bug.

    Solution is simple

    • Make an iCloud backup
    • Do a clean IPSW install of the 14.5 RC
      • Theoretically a reset should work too, but I didn't test that
    • Restore from the iCloud backup
    • Unlock with Apple Watch turned on for me the first try

    The only caveat would be if you don't have enough space in your iCloud to do a backup. I guess if you really need this feature you can get the base paid plan for a month just to fix the issue. Or if you don't care that much about backup, you can always start with a fresh install of iOS 14.5 RC.

    submitted by /u/Steve-luo
    [link] [comments]

    Do I need to install a beta profile on a device before I use a Restore Image on it?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    We are getting new iPhones.

    On the RC 14.5 Beta now and wonder if I need to set up the new phone first, install the beta profile, update beta, erase, and then install my beta backup?

    Or can I skip a few steps and use the Restore image to download RC 14.5 directly onto the new phone, bypassing downloading the beta, updating, erasing, and restoring?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Bastianator
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 RC: Unlock via Apple Watch in third-part apps

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:36 AM PDT

    A brilliant feature was invented in iOS 14.5 within we can unlock our iPhones when wearing Apple Watch.

    The question is: does this feature works only for iPhone's unlock or it is for the entire Face ID? For example, there are some apps which you can unlock via Face ID (eg. 1Password) and will the unlock by Apple Watch work in this case?

    Well, now it doesn't. It is because devs of these third-party apps should by themselves enable this function in their apps or Apple originally designed this to be just only for iPhone's unlock?

    submitted by /u/scharyu
    [link] [comments]

    Right swipe out of embedded app library folder gone

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 05:14 AM PDT

    really hope this is a bug in the rc, it was quite convenient to swipe once from inside an embedded folder in app library directly out to home screen

    submitted by /u/aceiras
    [link] [comments]

    14.5 RC for public beta is out

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    iOS 14.5 Beta 8 Stuck Checking for Update

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 11:18 PM PDT

    I have tried removing my developer profile and adding it back in, but it doesn't seem to progress.

    Rebooted. Still will not grab the update for 14.5 RC.

    Anyone else go through this and have a suggestion to fix this?

    Also when I turned off Automatic Updates, and went to turn it back on the options won't save. Force closed, same thing.


    Update: Manually updated via IPSW. Now I am on the RC....

    submitted by /u/ghulican
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to remove beta profile after installing 14.5 RC?

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    Can I remove the beta profile safely after installing 14.5 RC or is it better waiting until next week? If I remove the beta profile now, will I receive the public updates when available? Big thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/DonnieDixon
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 RC Power Button bug

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 12:56 AM PDT

    Recently went from beta 8 to the RC. I notice that sometimes when I press the power button to wake my phone, it doesn't turn on. I press it again and it brings me to the wallet screen like I double tapped the power button, but I actually waited a couple seconds between the clicks. Not a huge deal but kinda annoying for a RC build. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/AlcoholicNerd
    [link] [comments]

    Automatic AirPods device switching is not working (iOS 14.5 RC)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 01:07 PM PDT

    Automatic AirPods device switching is broken for me. I'm no longer able to automatically switch my AirPods Pro (3A283) or my AirPods Max (3C39) between my devices (iPhone 12 Pro Max & 11inch iPad Pro 2018). I now have to manually pair each of my AirPods to the device I want to use. Disconnecting and reconnecting them doesn't resolve the issue. Neither does performing a hard restart of my phone. The issue started after I updated to Beta 8 and i'ts still present in todays RC build. Is anyone else having this issue?

    submitted by /u/FN-4051
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Can l download iOS 14.5 official Release if l have the RC version now?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:40 AM PDT

    Apple Maps issues with CarPlay (iOS 14.5 RC)

    Posted: 20 Apr 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Anyone else having issue with Apple Maps not getting the precise location or thinking you are in another street? Not sure if it's an Apple Maps issue or a CarPlay issue. I use Apple Maps almost exclusively when connected to CarPlay.

    I started noticing this since the last beta and I guess RC made it worse, it made Apple Maps almost unusable.

    -Precise Location is On -Tried turning iPhone on and off

    submitted by /u/Letterhead-Subject
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.5 GM Dualsense problem.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I am facing an issue where my dualsense controller is detected as an Xbox controller in genshin impact and other games.Example : the square on my controller is shown as X in game.Is there any why I can fix this ? It's really irritating to play games with different on screen controllers.I saw someone playing with a DualShock 4 but their controllers were the ones on their controller.Is anyone else facing the same issue ?

    submitted by /u/ParadoxicalArmadillo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Max. Green tint even on 14.5 RC with the brightness at 20% ����‍♀️

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:16 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel