• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Apple TV Just binged Calls...

    Apple TV Just binged Calls...


    Just binged Calls...

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    Just found this subreddit last night and saw a post about Calls... HOLY SHIT!!! What a captivating and well thought out show! The show was perfect, and the lack of live action really gives you the opportunity to use your imagination on what's happening on the other line of the phone, just like real life. 10/10 would recommend to everyone with AppleTv+

    submitted by /u/alleycat1121
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Confusion

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    There's a lot of streaming boxes available, but having a lot of Apple devices already, I naturally gravitated towards Apple TV. Except, I'm stumped on what the benefits of streaming boxes in general actually are. Are they for non-smart TVs? Can some be good enough to beat the native TV OS? In my case, it's Tizen (Samsung Q70T). Just confused. Are there any reasons for me to switch to a streaming box like Apple TV? Is it anything like the Apple TV app on the iPhone or even the Apple TV app on the Q70T?

    submitted by /u/KyberWolffe
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from Fire TV Cube to ATV Setup?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    My house is currently 75% Amazon and Alexa controlled but really thinking about moving us to Apple and Siri controlled. The other night our Fire TV Cube stopped working and realized it's just the Fire TV aspect because the control functions and voice assistant still work just fine.

    Does any have an ATV & HomePod Mini combo for their tv and if so, are you able to control what you watch with Siri and the HomePod? We mainly watch Sling, Netflix, & Hulu and usually ask Alexa to raise/lower the volume or pause/resume the show.

    Is Siri basically able to replace my Fire TV Cube yet? Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/mexicanstormtrooper
    [link] [comments]

    External Hard Drive Infuse 6

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    I'm already using Infuse 6 on my laptop and and Apple tv. I'm having a hard time adding the shared folder from the external hard drive to infuse. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/dpunkjrocksm
    [link] [comments]

    Why do I only get lip-sync issues with Amazon Prime?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:04 AM PDT

    I own an Apple TV 4k box - have done for a few months now and I'm generally very happy with it.
    It's a quick box, offers me access to all the streaming and catch-up services I need - everything in one place that supports Dolby Vision, just what I wanted from a box.
    For information the Apple TV box is connected to a Yamaha RX-V585. In turn the TV I'm using is a Sony XE9305.

    So, to the question - why am I only seeing lip-sync issues with the Amazon Prime app?
    I am also using (I tend to switch subscriptions around, but Netflix & Prime are always ongoing subscriptions):
    Netflix
    Disney Plus
    BBC iPlayer
    ITV Hub
    All 4
    Apple TV+

    All of the other services are absolutely fine. I don't need to adjust anything, I just start the stream and everything is in Sync. But Prime is always the same, there is a delay of Microseconds between the image and the sound - not enough to stop me watching, but enough to be annoying.

    Now, I appreciate that the actual root cause may well be that I'm plugging into a Receiver and should I plug directly into the TV this way resolve. What I don't understand is how no other streaming service can have the same issue. How do all the others "cope" with the fact there is a Receiver?

    Is this an Amazon issue? Are they failing to do something with their App? I never used to have this issue with Amazon Prime on my PS4 Pro (which was also going through a Yamaha Receiver). Or is this something the Apple box is doing or failing to do?
    If I thought for a second the rumoured new version of Apple TV would fix the issue I'd be tempted - but don't know who is to blame?

    Cheers All.

    submitted by /u/Soofla
    [link] [comments]

    Volume turns down after few seconds

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:46 PM PDT

    As said in the title... today I went to watch Netflix on my  TV 4K and for the first time ever, I noticed significantly reduced volume after few seconds on normal audio...I use HomePod as a speaker for the  TV... I never encountered this problem, and even if I turn HomePods'/Apple TV's volume to the max (imagine that hahaha), it is only slightly louder... What is happening?

    Nothing is wrong with HomePod itself because I can listen to music with no similar problems...

    And yes, I tried restarting the TV...

    submitted by /u/ChopinfanCro
    [link] [comments]

    Surroond sound system Apple Tv issues

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:29 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am trying to get my Apple tv to work with my new surround sound system for the most part it seems to be working but I do not have the option to choose Dobly Atmos for my settings on my apple tv 4k was hoping someone could help me out here , here are my current settings

    any idea what my audio settings should be on apple 4k tv? Right now I have it as follows

    Default Audio Output : tv speakers ( only option)

    Audi Format : Dobly Digital 5.1

    Audio Mode : Auto

    I thought the settings should be Dolby Atmos on the apple tv but it is not giving me that option .....

    submitted by /u/iverson6631
    [link] [comments]

    How do I see the rest of the description? Swiping to the right just shuffles the screen to the next show.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    HomePod sync (TV v PC Monitor)

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    Okay, a bit complicated but would be helpful to get some advice.

    My TV (LG 43UM7050PLF) has had lip sync issues just with the internal speakers for a while, and it's off to repair with LG this week. Anyway, I brought a HomePod to use for my Apple TV 4K with the TV and the audio lip sync was off so I calibrated the wireless audio sync but still it wasn't perfect in some applications (Infuse). I noticed it would be the same with AirPods as well. I notice with Infuse the sync is perfect with match frame rate OFF but plays up with it ON, even when calibrated.

    Now the TV has been sent for repair, I've plugged my Apple TV into my PC monitor (Samsung C24F396 24" FHD) to tide me over and the sync with the HomePod is perfect. Haven't had to calibrate it or anything.

    Am I missing something out on the TV side of things? I want to make sure when my TV is returned from repair, that I can sync it up properly and it works.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ScrumpyDaniel
    [link] [comments]

    Do Smart DNS services still work with MLB.tv and Apple TV?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:49 PM PDT

    Movie trailers not working when searched via text or voice (Siri)

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:01 AM PDT

    On an AppleTV (hardware), if you manually browse to a movie that's in the iTunes Movies app or the TV+ app the trailer will play, however if you search for the movie using text search or voice (Siri) which is by far the most commonly used way to find a movie you're looking for, then the trailer wont play and it just brings you back to the Home Screen of the TV+ app.

    I've been having this issue on my AppleTV 4k since late February and really thought Apple would have patched it by now (I think it actually broke via the last update or two). It's now mid-April and I'm getting concerned that Apple somehow still isn't aware of the bug.

    I'm curious if any of you are also experiencing this problem. If so, would you please hit the "I have this question too" button at the top, and if you can leave a Reply on the Apple Forum saying you've got the issue. I think as more people report the problem on the same Apple Forum post it might help get their attention.

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252477048?answerId=255015497022#255015497022

    submitted by /u/EndTheFed1913
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel