• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Apple Macbook Would I be able to get cash back for my 2017 MacBook Pro even with its damage? It’s in perfect condition otherwise.

    Apple Macbook Would I be able to get cash back for my 2017 MacBook Pro even with its damage? It’s in perfect condition otherwise.


    Would I be able to get cash back for my 2017 MacBook Pro even with its damage? It’s in perfect condition otherwise.

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Trade in 2020 MBP for M1 MBA?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    Looking for a bit of advice here. I bought a 2020 Macbook Pro in May of last year and kind of got burnt by seeing news of the new chips a month or so after. After seeing reviews of the M1 chip, I was wondering if anyone has traded in who was in a similar situation. I am a teacher, so I don't do too many intense tasks on my computer. The main draw for me is the battery life. Has anyone done this? Would you suggest it?

    submitted by /u/hamdenlocal
    [link] [comments]

    m1 mba battery draining like 3x as fast as usual after 4 months of use

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    got the premium model, 8core 512gb.

    just recently it has been using battery 3x as fast, it will last 3 hours unplugged vs the usual 8-10 hours. i got it last december.

    submitted by /u/ladylala22
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook connected with HMDI to a 4K TV. How do I change the resolution to 1080p instead of 2160p? It seems I cannot set a specific resolution. Maybe with an app?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:59 PM PDT

    MacBook Air 17’

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    Is the 2020-21 MacBook Air screen compatible with the 2017 Air? I'd like to upgrade my screen but keep the 17' for obvious reasons.

    submitted by /u/TacticalSasquach
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air M1 - What happens if it gets too hot?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    Okay guys so I just purchased the M1 Air and i'm very satisfied with it. I noticed that when playing games like The Sims 4 and rendering videos on TOPAZ AI, it gets really hot (which IS to be expected).

    However, since i'm new in the mac eco system, and im curious how the OS handles it overall, what happens if it gets too hot? Will it come to a point where it destroys the mac? Lol, i'm talking about a half n hour being hot for a rendering casual AI video upscale, if it's okay to do it?! Does it slow down to prevent damage? What really happens?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/marcosarcher
    [link] [comments]

    Pending MacOS update causes slow response

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:46 PM PDT

    This happens every time I have an update available in software update. I play a lot of online games that rely on quick response. I noticed that my response time to reach the game server always feels like it's lagging when there is a pending update. Did I pay 1600 for a MB pro that can't function at 100% if there is a pending update? What gives?

    submitted by /u/safely_beyond_redemp
    [link] [comments]

    Getting soon macbook air

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:23 PM PDT

    Hello! Im new to macbook & im getting soon from my uncle macbook air 2018 and i was wondering how is the keyboard? And is 128 ssd like upgradable? Should i buy cover/case for it? Cuz idk if it get scratch very fast.. And should i leave it always in the charge? (I mostly do this always with my msi laptop)

    Im really looking forward bcuz I actually was planning to buy refurbished macbook air 2019 this week.but sinds im getting the old mba from my uncle I shouldn't complain. But i assume there is not much difference between the 2018 & 2019 versions right?

    submitted by /u/kikisauce
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air or MacBookPro ?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:21 AM PDT

    Had been to Apple today and there I got confused. MacBook Pro or MacBookAir ?

    I will be using it for general purpose, music, youtube, browsin a little bit of Python program learning.

    I suppose Air should be okay right ?

    Edit

    • Got the Air 😁😎 8GB ram didn't go for 16GB as programming might not need it and I will not be doing heavy video editing.
    • with Apple care
    • Thank a lot for all of you for your thoughtful suggestion. 😎
    submitted by /u/iwiml
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16 - WTF Apple

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:09 AM PDT

    TL;DR. I am torn between the 16 Pro and the M1 Air. I don't need the horsepower of the upcoming M1X, but prefer the larger screen. Anyone in the same boat, I'm hoping for some opinions.

    I'm so torn right now. I've had a MacBook Pro 16 since it release (6-core 2.6ghz i7, 16G RAM, 512GB, Radeon 5300m). I'm a law student, who dabbles in photography. I prefer the larger screen, just because I can see a little better and fit more on the screen. Battery life is meh, I have to plug the device in at least once a day, at least when I was at school. I've been using it to just do some word processing for the past three hours and I'm down to 65 percent.

    On a whim, I picked up an 8-core MacBook Air (16GB, 1TB) to try out. Apple offered 1250 for my trade-in. Aside from the smaller screen, I am blown away. Day to day performance doesn't feel *much* faster, but I can notice a difference. The system just "feels" smoother. Battery is insane. I have yet to see the device throttle.

    I've also never been this torn. If I were certain I could get a similar trade in for the 16, I'd consider keeping it through the summer.

    I normally wouldn't crowdsource a decision like this, but like I said, I'm at a complete loss here.

    submitted by /u/BrilliantNecessary5
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur 11.3 update Rosetta 2 deletion

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:15 AM PDT

    So I've recently received a notification saying that my Macbook is ready to install the Big Sur 11.3 update. My concern with it is that I am seeing al of these articles saying that Rosetta 2 can be removed in certain regions, which I do not want. I have searched for hours but no one seems to know what is going on with it. I really need some of my intel based apps for my school so I am a bit worried that I won't be able to use them anymore.

    Does anybody know if this is real or not and if I should do the update or not?

    submitted by /u/liltimmy_69
    [link] [comments]

    Price Drop Today - $199 Off 512GB, for $1299 - $150 Off MacBook Pro 13 M1 256GB, only $1149 - Mother's Day Sale

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:20 PM PDT

    my macbook hardrive

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 10:29 AM PDT

    hello guys , i have a macbook pro and would like to know if i can extract my harddrive and use it as an external hard disk with another computer . thank you in advance !

    submitted by /u/furlong0
    [link] [comments]

    macbook air vs pro

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:22 AM PDT

    I'm definitely not the first (nor the last) to ask this but here we go!

    I'm going to uni this year to study comp sci and realized I should upgrade my 2015 macbook air (at this point it's beginning to crash on me and is generally slow) so I have a portable machine that can run programs that I'll be using. Currently I do have a pretty powerful desktop PC that I use primarily for gaming/general use (gave up on the macbook at this point) and will most likely use for anything heavy load, but I am looking to have something to take around with me so I am not chained to my desk.

    I've been debating between the M1 256GB 8GB Air (possibly upgrade RAM/storage if I do go for the Air) and the M1 256GB 8GB 13 inch Pro. Looking at specs I feel like at this level getting the Pro is more for the aesthetic and touchbar (which I have never experienced so have no idea whether I'd be missing out if I didn't have it). Would it be more worth my money getting more RAM/storage on the Air?

    TIA

    submitted by /u/pckledcheese
    [link] [comments]

    Some advice? System and backups (MBA M1)

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:12 AM PDT

    M1 Mac with external monitor and hub

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:42 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Will my new M1 Macbook be fine if I were to do the following?

    Port 1: 24/7 connected to my external monitor (LG 27UL850), charging output to my Mac at 60W rate (USB-C to USB-C)

    Port 2: 24/7 connected to Anker PowerCore 8-in-1, which requires 15W to operate, and charging output to my Mac at 85W (pass through charging)

    On paper, it seems like my Mac's battery is going to receive too much watts charging from two different sources.

    I'm also unsure if the Mac is smart enough to be used with the external monitor, while powering up the adapter, and also power my Mac at healthy watts.

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/mylaifusuffaru
    [link] [comments]

    New to the Apple family, does the MBA need a cover?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:28 AM PDT

    Hi everyone! I recently purchased the Macbook Air M1 and it's the first macbook I've ever had. So here's my question: I was wondering if I should buy or not a cover for this laptop, what is stopping me right now is the possibility that the cover could decrease the heat dissipation through the body of the laptop. Is this a realistic concern or the dissipation isn't that worsened with a cover?

    Thanks in advance :)

    submitted by /u/mastefed
    [link] [comments]

    Hey, is it safe to put a screen protector on a M1 MacBook air

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:04 PM PDT

    Will we see the nanotexture glass on the macbook?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    It's been several years since we saw an anti-glare display on a mac device, but it's now an option on one of their products again. Is it wrong to be wishing for this on their portable devices?

    submitted by /u/ThrowRA73000
    [link] [comments]

    Any USB c hub that doesn't kill my WiFi with a Macbook Pro M1??

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:50 AM PDT

    I really need a USB hub for my daily activities and the one that I have right now when plugged in literally kills my WiFi. This is a known issue for these new Macbooks, but I still need a hub. So does anyone know about a hub that doesn't kill the WiFi of the Macbook?

    I was thinking of buying this Anker hub, so maybe someone else has tried it out and knows if it works?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/jeyzzl
    [link] [comments]

    New M2 powered Macbook to be launched

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:27 AM PDT

    Kiddo Stop Motion iPad w/ M1 & Intel Macs

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    Stop Motion.... First Time Mac Fam.... So I installed a Stop Motion Freebie App on 2 of my Kiddos iPads. They are already getting really good at it, I recently Acquired them Mid-2011 i5's running BigSur for their School work as the school issued Chromebooks are completely junk.

    I'm looking for a Kid Friendly Stop Motion App that any of you might be aware of, that they would easily be able to transfer it to the Mac for Editing & Sound... Since their Mac run the Intel I wasn't sure if this was going to be problematic. We are sharing a Family 2tb iCloud plan if that needs to be said.

    Currently they are using STOP MOTION STUDIO (free); I was thinking of getting STOP MOTION STUDIO PRO 2 on the Mac; but I was wondering if anyone had any Feedback or another Idea that would be younger kiddo friendly (6-12)

    Thanks!

    https://reddit.com/link/n0dkx6/video/uzi3xiwypwv61/player

    submitted by /u/MotownBatman
    [link] [comments]

    which browser do you use and why?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:51 AM PDT

    MacBook pro 2014 vs 2015 12”

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:23 AM PDT

    I have a 13" MacBook Pro retina i7 16gb ram 500gbssd but have the opportunity to upgrade to the 12" 2015 model 1.3ghz 8gb ram 500gb ssd but I don't know if those specs are better consider my current one does what I need. I use it for light browsing, streaming and various graphic designing software and it's great. Will the 2015 model be a better Upgrade ?

    submitted by /u/Beautiful_RA
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel