• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 28, 2021

    Apple Macbook Wasn’t a fan of apple products but everything changed after the m1 mba 😝

    Apple Macbook Wasn’t a fan of apple products but everything changed after the m1 mba ��


    Wasn’t a fan of apple products but everything changed after the m1 mba ��

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 05:19 AM PDT

    can you use any cheap USB C to USB A adapter for macbook ?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    or does it have to be an apple one ? if i can just buy a cheap ass one that would be great, im new here.

    submitted by /u/persianjackass11
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air m1 keyboard problems

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:19 PM PDT

    I have a problem for several days, i have a new macbook m1 and the keyboard sometimes just stops working. Does someone have the same problem or is it just me?

    submitted by /u/Entire_Cantaloupe_63
    [link] [comments]

    Should I wait for the new MacBook Air?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    Was planning on purchasing the current M1 MacBook during the back to uni deal where you get free AirPods But I'm seeing that the new resigned MacBook with m1x/m2 is meant to be releasing late this year or early next year. It will be £100 more most likely but I don't mind paying that as I'll get my uni discount. However, I was looking forward to the free AirPods deal but that will now only happen if I wait another whole year for the deal to come back. So do you guys think it's worth me waiting for the new MacBook Air even though I won't be able to get the free AirPods?

    submitted by /u/querythoughtss
    [link] [comments]

    Touch Bar issue

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    I have a Mac book pro with a Touch Bar, one day it completely went black and now the Touch ID doesn't work as well. I have never dropped or anything which is the confusing part, it's even in a Thule case. My MacBooks warranty had expired as well so what could I do to fix or it is it even worth it, looked them up and it's pricey to get a Touch Bar lol.

    submitted by /u/Internal_Volume_272
    [link] [comments]

    Why are my external hard drives not working on my m1 MBA?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    I only recently made the swap over to a MacBook and I put the USB-A to USB-C into my MacBook and then connected my external hard-drives but nothing popped up. Am I doing something wrong or is it not compatible for some reason?

    submitted by /u/Cliper11298
    [link] [comments]

    my m1 macbook air battery health draining fast

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    hey guys my m1 macbook air's battery health went to 98% in 75 charge cycles is that normal?

    submitted by /u/Public-Dust-8961
    [link] [comments]

    Want to buy a new MacBook Air. Just read that they’re making M2 chips to be released in MacBooks this year. Will the Air also get that upgrade or should I just buy it?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 03:09 PM PDT

    I could definitely wait if the Air will be getting an upgrade. But if it's not, I'll just order it now. I really appreciate any help. I've never owned a MacBook before and don't know what the upgrade cycles are. 🙏

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    What happened to my side-loaded apps?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    I"m an avid mac fan and have been for a while. Other than a few things here and there like steam games being available for more on the app store I have been pretty happy with the product line. That was until the stupidity of the Mac os 11.3 update. It seemed like the move, with updated security and controller emulation as well as touch customisations I could finally play many of the side-loaded games i had on my mac... But they made it so permissions had to be resubmitted so most lazy developers would just ignore it and it would force me to play the overprice games on the app store. This might not seem like a big deal but now controller emulation is effectively useless given the paltry selection of iOS apps in the store. Does anyone know whats going on?

    submitted by /u/Professional-Most990
    [link] [comments]

    Do you think that the M1 price will decrease with the release of the M2 this year?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:53 PM PDT

    I have an early 2014 macbook, and oh my god I am just waiting to get rid of this piece of junk. However, I'm debating whether to buy the M1 right now, or wait for the release of the M2 this fall and buy the M1 if apple decides to cut back the price on it.

    So my question is this: Is there even a chance that the M1 will go on sale? I know Apple isn't huge about reducing the price of their products. If so, by how much?

    Would appreciate any help/knowledge, thanks.

    submitted by /u/Iazershadow
    [link] [comments]

    Favourite Colour of M1 Air

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    Tempted to opt for gold - but does it look unprofessional and cheap? Have had space grey before so unsure about that. Which leaves silver.

    Not sure what to do, thoughts?

    submitted by /u/_Daniel_1234_
    [link] [comments]

    Updating the new MacBook to macOS Big Sur 11.2.3, but not to macOS Big Sur 11.3

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    Hi, I am planning to buy a new M1 MacBook and want to update it to the latest version BEFORE macOS Big Sur 11.3. I don't want to update it to macOS Big Sur 11.3 because in Big Sur 11.3 needed sideloaded app for iPad will not start. One of my friends has already had this problem. So the question is: after unboxing the new Macbook how to update it to (if I am not mistaken) macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 from its original state avoiding updating to the latest macOS Big Sur 11.3?

    For example, if I Download macOS Big Sur 11.2.3 full Installer via InstallAssistant.pkg

    http://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/12/32/071-14766-A_Q2H6ELXGVG/zx8saim8tei7fezrmvu4vuab80m0e8a5ll/InstallAssistant.pkg

    How it can be used. Will it apply all the patches automatically?

    submitted by /u/ZeroReader
    [link] [comments]

    Location Services on Mac

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    Location Services on Mac

    Why does Apple require that Wi-Fi be on to use location services in its applications (such as Maps, Calendar, etc.?). When connected to the Internet via Ethernet my current location can be detected by Google Maps in a web browser and just about every other site that I visit knows where I am located.

    This is annoying hinderance for those of us using hard-wired connections and I keep hoping that the restriction will be removed in a future release of macOS, only to be disappointed.

    https://preview.redd.it/cb1jz2rm1sv61.png?width=664&format=png&auto=webp&s=60d0a13898630aae5f0ce43cb5c2380f0b2cd18b

    submitted by /u/seafox1533
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro Battery draining way too fast

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 01:18 PM PDT

    Hello, I have a 2020 mbp i5, base model (no option to wait for the m1 at the time) and I use it for school, so doing school work and attending class through Microsoft Teams. I'm currently at 224 charge cycles, but I'm only getting about 4-6 hours from it, even when I'm just casually surfing and not doing any intensive tasks. Could my battery be defective and if so, how would I check? Would apple replace it for free if it is defective?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Adeptness_9948
    [link] [comments]

    $150 Off MacBook Pro 13 M1 256GB, only $1149 - $150 Off 512GB, for $1349 - Mother's Day Sale

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 12:54 PM PDT

    I have a M1 air and a 2014 MBP. How can I use the 2014 MBP as a second monitor for coding?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:52 AM PDT

    Title says it all. I can't get my hands on a monitor due to the lockdown.

    submitted by /u/Guilty_Serve
    [link] [comments]

    Help accessing ICloud from my MacBook...where do I go to?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:42 AM PDT

    Hows the new M1 Macbook Air for DJing?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:39 AM PDT

    Pretty much as the title says.

    For context I currently own a 2018 13" Macbook Pro with touchbar, and a 2017 12" Macbook. Both are the baseline models which I've had for a couple years now. I pretty much use the MBP for music production using ableton, some video editing using final cut, and more recently DJing (right now using VirtualDJ), while I use the 12" as more or less a netbook for casual tasks. I'm not pro by any means so the music production/DJing I do is all more or less a hobby, but I've been branching out doing livestreams (using a separate laptop to run the stream and just using the MBP solely for running the deck and speakers).

    I've been thinking about consolidating to just using 1 Macbook (specifically the new M1 MBA) since I really don't need 2. So I'm just curious if anyone has tried using the MBA for either music production and/or DJing, and what's your experience been so far? My main concern is the thermals more than anything. If not then I'll probably look to upgrade to a MBP at some point but I'm just weighing the options atm.

    Also, since its just about May I'm wondering if its worth it to just hold off until the 2021 models are out in the fall at this point.

    submitted by /u/rdygaymer2
    [link] [comments]

    Apple MacBook Air 256GB SSD

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:09 AM PDT

    Currently on sale on amazon - $100 off

    submitted by /u/Malukoob1
    [link] [comments]

    "Other" Files disappeared from storage. What just happened?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 11:02 AM PDT

    Formerly, I have 42GB of free space on my MacBook. But just now, I checked my storage and I have 65GB of free space, and the one taking up space, "Others", suddenly disappeared with only 5GB of files remaining. I'm very new to the mac, this is bizarre to me. I have never done anything major for this to happen.

    Could someone enlighten me on this occurrence? Also, are the files in "Other" important?

    I'm scared that I lost some important files without my notice.

    EDIT: Now they're back for some reason.

    submitted by /u/ChristianSamurai
    [link] [comments]

    is it time to get a new macbook?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:25 AM PDT

    i use mine heavily for games, watching tv, homework, ZOOM, whatever. i always have used my laptop a lot, and i only got this one 2 years ago. but the keyboard is completely falling apart. i can't get it repaired during finals so i thought about trying for summer, but overall it's doing very poorly. it lags when i have any apps open, even if it's JUST chrome and spotify. no space left even though i tried really hard to clear out any gunk and i actually don't have many files on my laptop because school stuff is on my google drive. once i downloaded the sims 4 and my laptop shut down 4 times in a row. sometimes i don't even do anything and my mac just dies. battery drops dangerously low very fast and i'm worried about taking it around campus when i go back to school in fall. is it time to upgrade? i feel bad because its only been 2 years

    submitted by /u/sleepyghostum
    [link] [comments]

    Installing MacOS 11.3 creates a Relocated Items.nosync with changes to private/etc/group

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 10:00 AM PDT

    I just installed MacOS 11.3. I now have a folder on my desktop called Relocated Items.nosync. It contains a file called group.system_default inside Configuration/private/etc which the docs says is the default Apple would normally have installed but it left my modified file in place.

    I compared the two files. The difference is that the system default file Apple would have installed includes one additional line: _trustd:*:282:_trustd

    I have read that this process relates to security certificates and so this causes me a little concern.

    Does anyone have any insight what the best course of action is? Install Apple's recommended file including the trustd line? Or leave my modified file without that line in place? Do something else?

    Related thread on MacRumors:

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/newly-assigned-objects-nosync-folder-on-desktop-after-updating-to-11-3.2293368/

    submitted by /u/Cristianhaivaz
    [link] [comments]

    Not allowing me to upgrade MacBook Air 2015 due to old firmware?

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:58 AM PDT

    I have a MacBook Air 13" 2015 with a busted SSD. I am looking to upgrade it to High Sierra or up so I can put a NVMe SSD in it. But when I tried to install High Sierra on an external drive (since old drive is dead), it's keep giving me error saying "old firmware"

    I realize that's because the Mac had El Capitan before it's dead. The EFI firmware version is MBA71.0166.B12. SMC version is 2.27f2

    Is it true that at this point I can only use a MacBook original SSD and not any other SSD (SATA or NVMe) thru an adapter to install High Sierra or up?

    submitted by /u/drs43821
    [link] [comments]

    Please help! Logi MX keyboard worked flawlessly with my MacBook pro late 2011 + USB receiver until...

    Posted: 27 Apr 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    I paired a Windows laptop to the same #1 button and now I cannot get the keyboard to be "fully" Mac OS: cannot use the Command key + tab to change apps for example.

    Any idea on how to restore it to previous functionality? Because of the age of my MacBook, the Logi app will not install and I cannot connect directly via bluetooth.

    submitted by /u/Beta1308
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel