• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    Apple Macbook Finally joining the MB family with a MBA M1 😁

    Apple Macbook Finally joining the MB family with a MBA M1 ��


    Finally joining the MB family with a MBA M1 ��

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

    Switched to iOS so I had to get a new laptop to match

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:23 PM PDT

    Everything is totally normal here... nothing out of the ordinary at all...

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    Will Apple consider this a “major dent” if I trade this in?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:52 AM PDT

    Cleaning MacBook with saliva

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:02 PM PDT

    Can my MacBook break from cleaning it with saliva? I peeled off a sticker I had on it for about a year and it left all kinds of residue so I rubbed saliva on my MacBook to get all of the residue off, took me a while but I got it all off. Can this break my MacBook? now I'm worried because I know water can break MacBooks. It wasn't anywhere near the keyboard or the charging port, just near the touchpad. I have a 2018 MBA.

    submitted by /u/Caroline_2002
    [link] [comments]

    Is this a good deal for the price? Not a wealthy man, and a bit of a Luddite. Looking for a macbook. Thanks!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    Can you replace the top lid of the MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    So I have a few scratches on my MacBook Pro close to the apple logo that has taken some of the space gray color off. Does apple replace the top lid as an out of pocket cost? If so, what is the typical cost incurred? I have heard anywhere from 400USD to 700USD.

    submitted by /u/BeerMeUpToo
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Macbook Pro 15" Additional Ultrawide Monitor Question

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:21 PM PDT

    I currently run 2 external 4k monitors (LG 27UK850-W) via usb-c on my 2017 Macbook Pro 15" with the 2.9 i7 and the Radeon 560 4GB. I am looking to purchase an LG 49WL95C-WE ultrawide and run it in addition to the other two monitors but I have concerns.

    Does anyone have experience running this number of high-resolution monitors?

    I know the MacBook should be technically capable of it from what I have read on Apple's specs but I am worried about potential performance issues and/or overheating.

    submitted by /u/skotty99
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Macbook Air mid-2012 keeps freezing / busy cursor

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:04 PM PDT

    Hey all, I'd love to get your input in this problem I'm having. I have a MBA mid-2012 that I let my daughter use for school which all of a sudden just randomly locks up where the cursor is in its "reading" state, and nothing is clickable. It gets stuck like that even if I leave it for a long time. Strange thing is it doesnt shut down by itself, it just gets stuck there like its trying to do something.

    I have already tried reformatting, downgraded the OS from Mojave to El Cap, and even cleaned the insides to no avail.

    This also seems to happen most often or gets triggered real quick especially when streaming a video (and for some reason, when switching a video to fullscreen then back to windowed).

    submitted by /u/kuuups
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air for architecture: CAD, SKP, Revit, PSD, Illustrator, Twinmotion, Vray, Lumion, etc

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Hey there, i know the obvious answer is: get a windows laptop. The thing is i need a laptop now and here (i live in Argentina) a decent windows laptop with dedicated gpu costs almost as much as a mac. I was planning to buy a laptop in the US but at least until the end of 2021 its not going to be possible.

    So, if i get a windows laptop here (expensive) it would be to resell it and when i have the chance buy the one i want in the US. With that in mind if i were to resell a windows laptop ill end up losing a lot of money, but here the apple products are so price inflated that if a resell it i would loose less money.

    That being my reasoning, is anyone using a M1 Mac for these programs (i dont use all of them) and for architecture work in general? How well does it work? I have found mixed opinions on YouTube so i want every opinion i can get. Im an architecture student in my 3rd year, i wont be doing huge projects. I appreciate every opinion. Please tell me what u know/think Consider that here in Argentina everything is too expensive so the main idea is to get a decent laptop to resell in the future and dont loose too much money Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Clementerdp
    [link] [comments]

    How much time can I expect a macbook air m1 to last(updates, performance)?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:56 PM PDT

    So Im thinking about buying a macbook air m1 to use for college because my currently one is CHONKY(gamer notoebook) so I cant just take it to college and use it there as id like too, not convenient at all, but the macbook air is very expensive in my country(or Ill go to the nearest country to buy one for myself, will cost 600$ less lol) so I need it to last a lot, maintenance and other things are very expensive too, how long should I expect it to last?

    submitted by /u/this_kinda_gay_bro
    [link] [comments]

    Charge MacBook by 5W charger overnight idea

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:30 PM PDT

    Will it extend battery health? Temperatures is a killer for battery and if I will charge with 5w charger the temperature of battery will be almost as while not charging. I know it takes hours but I don't need my Mac when I'm sleeping. What you think?

    submitted by /u/cherrz
    [link] [comments]

    To buy or not to buy - doubts about MBP M1 purchase

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm not new to Macbooks since I've had one a few years ago, but for last 4 years I was using Windows and now I'm not familiar with the situation on the Apple market.

    I'm going to buy a MacBook Pro for not more than 1600 USD ( for programming etc.), but what should I do?

    1. Buy current 13" model (with 1st gen M1 chip)?
    2. Wait for expected 14" MBP? (I'm afraid this model will be more expensive)
    3. Wait for next basic, less expensive model like the current one

    I'm not a fan of 1st gen products like iPhone 4 or iPhone 6 - I was always waiting for more polished "S" models. So to tell you the truth I have doubts if buying current 13" MBP will be a good decision.

    Please share your thoughts and opinions. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/macieq90
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air M1 vs. Macbook Pro M1 (For Graphic Designers)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I have a question that's already been asked several times, but could get some more specific input given my situation.

    I'm going to be buying a new Macbook soon, and am debating which one. I'm a graphic designer, and I usually work with Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe XD primarily, but also use After Effects, Final Cut Pro and so on. And I am looking to dabble lightly into some 3D modeling to enhance my designs (nothing too fancy to start off).

    The ideal computer given my budget would be:
    - Macbook Air M1 (16GB Ram & 512GB SSD) - $1399

    But for a little bit more I could get:
    - Macbook Pro M1 (16GB Ram & 256 SSD) - $1499

    While $100 isn't that much, I'm still working within a tight budget, and would rather not overspend if I don't need to.

    What are your thoughts on the Macbook Air given my needs? Would it be enough, without heating up to an unmanageable level? I usually work with one or two of the adobe programs open, plus Spotify and Chrome.

    Let me hear your thoughts!

    submitted by /u/grome45
    [link] [comments]

    Tips for new MacBook Air M1? Currently shipping

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    I just got the new M1 MacBook Air with 8GB of memory and 256GB of storage.

    I use it mostly for school (Google Drive File Stream and Zoom) and coding (VSCode), wondering if anyone had tips on great apps for tricks for a new M1 Mac

    submitted by /u/FairwayMaster
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else have Spotify constantly crashing? (M1)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:53 AM PDT

    Spotify keeps crashing, I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've updated to the latest version, nothing works. I'm on one of the new MacBook airs (M1) BigSur 11.2.2

    submitted by /u/dang3r_muffin
    [link] [comments]

    How can I fix the screen size? Two identical monitors (linked through dock with HDMI) are displaying different screen sizes. The monitor on the left also displays this way when directly linked to MacBook with HDMI (without the dock). The monitor on the right has always displayed properly.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    Battery

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    Should I leave always my mac book pro plugged?

    submitted by /u/Professional_Mango36
    [link] [comments]

    Best M1 battery stats app?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Can someone tell me a good app to check battery-draining history for mbp m1? I used Battery health 3 with my old MBA 2015 and it was a very useful app, now looking for some similar.

    submitted by /u/ImSoRedPanda
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel