• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    Apple Help I updated my mac, it restarted and gave me this screen. I tried to deflect the mac hard drive as the startup disk but it isn’t allowing me. It keeps giving me the thunderbolt sign and telling me to hook my laptop to another laptop using the thunderbolt cord. What do i do? thanks!

    Apple Help I updated my mac, it restarted and gave me this screen. I tried to deflect the mac hard drive as the startup disk but it isn’t allowing me. It keeps giving me the thunderbolt sign and telling me to hook my laptop to another laptop using the thunderbolt cord. What do i do? thanks!


    I updated my mac, it restarted and gave me this screen. I tried to deflect the mac hard drive as the startup disk but it isn’t allowing me. It keeps giving me the thunderbolt sign and telling me to hook my laptop to another laptop using the thunderbolt cord. What do i do? thanks!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:55 PM PDT

    Please tell me what can be done to my broken Apple Pencil so that I can use it

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:22 AM PDT

    iPhone 7, suddenly no service. iOS 14.4.2. Phone says there are no updates available.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Can’t get site for biology class to load in Safari

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:18 PM PDT

    The site is https://cellcollective.org for my biology course.

    I've tried on both my iMac and MacBook and it just shows a spinning image and never loads.

    Does it just not work on Safari?

    submitted by /u/antnythr
    [link] [comments]

    Loading Itunes from HDD problem.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently had a problem with my External HDD as it wouldn't unmount when i asked it to, and my MacBook ended up freezing. I ended up turning off my laptop and disconnecting the HDD.

    A few days later I plug my External HDD in and click on iTunes, it gave me an error message (which I didn't read properly) but remember it said something like Itunes Damaged.

    And all my songs and playlist are no longer there.

    I click on the Drive, go to the Itunes folder and all the music is still there. Just that folder doesn't seem to want to load.

    Is there anything I can do to try and get it back to how it was without losing all my playlist?

    Also does say Itunes damaged as shown in the picture.

    Any help would be massively appreciated as it took me days to make those playlists.

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/No-Emotion6022
    [link] [comments]

    AirPod Pro Static and Silence

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:01 PM PDT

    While listening to my AirPod pro I'll get crackling every so often and then silence but the music or podcast will continue playing so it sees the connection is still going. Sometimes switching from transparency to noise canceling or vice versa will restore the sound.

    I've tried having my devices forget the headphones and reconnect but has no impact.

    Often happens when I'm at the back part of the house a long way from the street or neighbors and only Bluetooth devices active will be iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, and the headphones.

    submitted by /u/arkstfan
    [link] [comments]

    App Restore Refund Question

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:21 PM PDT

    Hey everyone I made a request to refund a faulty transaction of $125 apple approved the request but my bank has not received any pending refund transaction or anything from apple, and told me to get in contact with apple. How many days in your experience does it take for apple to send a refund transaction to your bank? Apple was not very helpful over the phone.

    submitted by /u/zootedpkz
    [link] [comments]

    How do I permanently remove a bookmark from my homescreen?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    I previously bookmarked a website to my homescreen for a long time. However I'm unable to remove it from the homescreen ever since. I followed the procedure by pressing and hold the icon to remove it. It would be gone for a short time. But if I reset my phone, the bookmark would always re-appear on my homescreen.

    This bookmark would stay on the homescreen even I have been through new phones and iOS.

    Is there a way to permanently delete a bookmark without re-appearing my homescreen?

    submitted by /u/k11them
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s won’t let me change passcode

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    I've googled this multiple times and I can't seem to find a solution. Every time I look it up in the settings, the section never shows up for me. I'm lost at this point and just seeking help on what to do. It would be greatly appreciated if you could help.

    submitted by /u/its-ur-boi54
    [link] [comments]

    Calendar holiday notifications

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:26 PM PDT

    I've unchecked Holidays on all my calendars, so they don't show on the page.

    I've unchecked "All-day events" from my calendar notifications.

    And I still get daily notifications of this or that holiday. Almost every day is a holiday somewhere, apparently.

    How can I stop this pings? Thanks!

    Small print: I'm running Big Sur on an up-to-date 2014 Mac Air.

    submitted by /u/WhoChoseThisAlias
    [link] [comments]

    Random json file in files app

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:50 PM PDT

    For some reason on my iPhone in my files I had a random json file i don't know how it got there is it any thing to worry about

    submitted by /u/Reasonable_Profile39
    [link] [comments]

    Family Sharing Books

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:03 PM PDT

    iOS 14.4.2. iPad. Purchases are enabled. I go to iBooks and click my photo in top right. Account settings. Family Sharing. Then I get a Java Script error message. I've signed in and out. Rebooted. Reset. Can't get out of this error message. How do I share books??

    submitted by /u/HannahBanana88
    [link] [comments]

    iMac 2010 Upgrade Suggestions

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    (I read the rules, and I don't think this post violates any of the subreddit guidelines. Let me know if this doesn't belong here.)

    I have a 2010 iMac (complete specs listed below) that I would like to upgrade by maxing out the RAM and replacing the current HDD with and SSD. My questions are; would this be a suitable replacement SSD 250GB SSD and This 16GB RAM kit?

    Any suggestions are welcome. I'm flexible in my budget, however I don't want to spend more than the computer is worth.

    These are the full specs per EveryMac.com

    Thanks, guys!

    submitted by /u/CodeNameBooger
    [link] [comments]

    Battery and screen replacement on my 11 pro max, now emoji and mic buttons are cutoff on keyboard and can’t enter the app switcher when in an app or about half the time from the Home Screen

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:22 PM PDT

    Macbook Air 2015 2nd broken wifi card

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:12 PM PDT

    Last year my Macbook air wifi stopped working (wouldn't let me enable wifi in network settings), so I replaced the wifi card and it worked perfectly. 4 months later and now the same issue has arised. Could it be another faulty wifi card or perhaps a deeper issue? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/OmegaRipper501
    [link] [comments]

    My mom is having Bluetooth headphone connection issues with her laptop.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:06 PM PDT

    Context: my mom recently got some mpow m-30 earbuds so that way she won't use one of my earbuds anymore for her exercises. Recently however she is trying to connect the earbuds with her MacBook (she successfully did a while back), however, she can't seem to get them to connect them. It just says pairing over and over again. She has tried removing it from the laptops Bluetooth settings, turning the earbuds off then on again, and closing and reopening the laptop (which worked last time she had this same issue). I just want to know how to get her out of this situation. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/ChromeXBoy
    [link] [comments]

    iMessage sending messages via email and not phone number.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:50 PM PDT

    I have noticed that my iMessages are being sent via my icloud email address and not the phone number connected to my phone. I have checked my settings and upon clicking the send & receive option on both Facetime and Imessage it does not allow me to add a number as there is no option to add a number which just leaves the email address, someone please help!

    submitted by /u/bizzlelini
    [link] [comments]

    Choose a contact to mail, name is greyed out

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:49 PM PDT

    Hi desperate android heathen here. I moved my mom from android to iphone because she's old and I'm away and I need everything as easy as possible and I hope that's iphone. New iphone se2 contacts imported good so far but when she tries to send a mail, typing in my name will not find me. Tapping the + then typing my name will bring me up under top name matches but my name is greyed out and she can't click on me to fill in my email address. My contact does have my email address. Typing the name of another particular contact will show them and selecting will fill the name in the to box so that works perfectly. I can't figure out the difference between the two contacts or how she can type my name when trying to enail. Any suggestions for my dear old mom thanks very much!

    submitted by /u/boozahol
    [link] [comments]

    My Macbook Pro (13 inch, mid-2010 model) only shows colors on screen at startup. I read on some forums that it is a possible GPU problem while others say that it is a screen/LCD issue or a cable issue. I cannot pinpoint the exact problem of the device myself.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:12 PM PDT

    How do I get rid of this magnifying glass type thing?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    MBP 2017 nTB on Big Sur stuck at boot screen with fans on full speed after SMC Reset!

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    restoring old late 2012 iMac

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:01 PM PDT

    my dad gave me his old IMac MD093LL/a. It was working fine for him but he wanted and upgrade so he wiped the drive and i the OS on accident i think. i was told from the error i got (folder with questionmark on bootup) that i needed to just make a bootable drive and install OSX. I have no clue what OSX is compatible or how to do this on a windows machine. any ideas experts?

    submitted by /u/sibyllins
    [link] [comments]

    Wife's IPhone screen broke and phone won't connect to computer.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:42 PM PDT

    Is there a way to backup that phone?

    submitted by /u/Matthewcts_
    [link] [comments]

    What is "Automatic Live Photo"?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:04 AM PDT

    Just now, when fiddling with camera settings, I discovered that Live Photo has three different modes: "Auto", "On" and "Off".

    The on and off settings are pretty self explanatory, but the Auto one isn't and I can find no description of it in any Apple documentation. Does anybody know what it is?

    I naively thought it would intelligently enable Live Photo based on whether or not the frame had movement in it, but I tried taking a picture of my desk with nothing moving and it still turned out to be a Live Photo.

    So, what is this function? Does anybody know?

    submitted by /u/HenrikWL
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel