• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 22, 2021

    Apple Macbook Discolouration caused by sticker, any way to fix this?

    Apple Macbook Discolouration caused by sticker, any way to fix this?


    Discolouration caused by sticker, any way to fix this?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    There is a yellow spot on the bottom corner of my mac screen. And i think it is because of me dropping my laptop at night yesterday, but this yellow spot keeps coming every now and then and i am not that lousy person that always drops his mac but it keeps appearing from time to time.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:39 PM PDT

    Have I broken this or it is some sort of display glitch?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 08:52 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro 2017 removed spacebar, can't find how to put it back

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    LTT Inspired Dog Wallpaper!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:03 PM PDT

    When do you expect the M1X or M2 chips?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 10:49 PM PDT

    I'm in the market for the M1 Air and I think I can wait if we will see new MacBooks (Air or Pro) which include newer generation chips than M1 on this fall or next spring.

    I think I will need 13" models by the way.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/speedyelephant
    [link] [comments]

    Did file migration from a 2017 Macbook to a 2019 - all the files are on the new mac, but none of them will open.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    They're all there - they're just blank. I have to keep going into my iCloud and downloading the file I need. Thankfully, it's all still in the cloud, but is there a way to sync the cloud with my new Macbook so all the files reload?

    submitted by /u/hexual-frustration
    [link] [comments]

    Should I trade my MBP 2019 for the new M1 2020?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 12:38 AM PDT

    I got the 15 inch 2019 MBP with 2.4ghz 8-core Intel Core i9 with 32gb of ram. Is it worth trading it in and then buying the 13inch mbp with the m1 chip? I use my laptop for video/photo editing, coding, light gaming, and media use (documentaries, netflix, youtube, etc.)

    I feel that the one I have is overkill and I was wondering if the 13 inch pro would be more efficient and a worthy trade-off.

    Thanks!

    EDIT: Thanks for the replies everyone! I think I'll hold onto what I have a while longer.

    submitted by /u/thezanyo
    [link] [comments]

    What is security like on the M1 Air?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:53 PM PDT

    I have had 2 iphones in my life and one of my favorite things was the security. I have been on my fair share of sketchy websites with them and the website will bring up a obviously fake system message saying I have a virus and I know I dont because I know iOS and IpadOS are amazingly secure. Does this same security carry over to the mac or is it more like windows where one wrong click will download a file that fucks your computer up big time?

    submitted by /u/American_Dreamer98
    [link] [comments]

    Buying used 2018 MacBook Air

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:47 PM PDT

    There is this guy selling his sisters MBA for €550 on eBay Kleinanzeigen ( like Craigslist in Germany). Laptop looks okay, Minor scratch on the bottom 78 charging cycles, so I tried my luck and said €500. he said ok. Then I asked him if he has an invoice. Says no and offers to knock the price down to €400. now I check the serial number on apples site and it says that the purchase date has not been verified. Now I am unsure if I should pull the trigger or not.

    Appreciate your thoughts.

    submitted by /u/c3p6
    [link] [comments]

    Buzzing sound through headphones while MacBook is plugged in

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:27 PM PDT

    Sound is not there when not plugged in or when not using headphones. Only with headphones AND plugged in to power. Tried resetting SMC, NVRAM, SafeMode, New User. Still there. Options?

    submitted by /u/redgoldfilm
    [link] [comments]

    catalina 10.15.7- soundflower 2ch not recording internal sound via aggregate device. did apple disable it?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:28 AM PDT

    Anker 8in1 USB-C Hub for the MacBook Air M1?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:11 AM PDT

    Hey, i wanted to ask you guys, whether this usb c hub fully works with the new MacBook. Would you recommend it? I mean it offers everything I need, why is it so much cheaper than a ts3 plus?

    submitted by /u/23onfroy
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 13” M1, MBP 13” Intel I5, or MBA M1?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 08:17 AM PDT

    I want a macbook for college, but I also would like to play League of Legends and Minecraft on it, and use it for other things at home and at work. Which one should I pick? I know they're all good, but i'm having trouble deciding

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/firehawk30
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Pro vs Air for DAWs (from a dummy)

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:58 AM PDT

    I know a lot of people have talked about this online but I don't know anything about computer technical names and "benchmarks" and stuff like that, so I would appreciate an opinion explained for dummies like me hahaha.

    I work in the media industry, I do audio production (specifically ProTools) for a living and I want to buy a good, powerful laptop that could hopefully allow me to work from home. I don't do music production exactly, but I still run plugins, multitracks, buses, and I record. I want to get a Macbook M1, just not sure which one is the best option. I'm definitely willing to invest on a Macbook Pro if it's worth it, but I've heard that the M1 Air is very powerful too and now I'm undecisive as to whether I would actually need a Pro or not. I also want to *note* that I wouldn't be using ProTools on the Macbook that I end up getting, I would buy Logic with it.

    So considering my job and my choice of DAW (logic), which one should I go for? M1 Air or M1 Pro?

    I also would like to pay for 16GB of RAM for either of these, because all my past laptops and PCs have had 8GB of RAM and my DAWs have always run slow af and get lagged a lot.

    submitted by /u/RealElevator
    [link] [comments]

    Activating Outlook on Mac

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:17 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I am having issues activating Microsoft Outlook on my Mac. I am trying to sign into my company email which I can do on my phone using Outlook, as well as using Apple's Mail app on both my phone and Mac. But for whatever reason, I am not able to sign in or activate my Outlook app on my Mac.

    Any suggestions or ideas?

    submitted by /u/BornVillain1
    [link] [comments]

    MacbookAir Issues

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    Safari and Google Chrome won't let me access certain websites saying that the websites aren't secure or that they are sending back invalid certificates. How do I bypass this? I really need to get to these sites for my job.

    submitted by /u/Psychological_Mess_8
    [link] [comments]

    M1 vs M1X vs M2 / Gaming performance

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:05 AM PDT

    Is it worth jumping in on an M1 chip if I don't really need a new computer for programming just yet, or should I wait for the next iteration of M1 or even the M2?

    Also how does the M1 perform in a dual boot gaming situation? ( just curious as it'll mainly be used for work/school)

    Edit; no boot camp, roger. Dang.

    submitted by /u/xIgnoramus
    [link] [comments]

    iPad over Macbook?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:44 AM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    I was looking for a recent laptop upgrade and planned on getting the M1 Macbook Air 16GB 512GB SSD (already placed an order)

    My requirements will be quite extensive, from coding to designing and game development.

    But yesterday, as we know. iPad Pro 12.9'' is available with M1!!!

    Should I get that instead? Please suggest!

    submitted by /u/iSubhro
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Pro Battery Usage

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I use my Macbook for working, so i'll have Opera (M1 optimised one) open, mail, and spotify for music. My battery seems to drain abnormally fast considering it's supposed to get plenty more hours.

    Screenshot of battery usage here: https://imgur.com/a/VpnaIjX

    Is this normal or is there something i can do to check what else is draining so much power?

    Thanks,

    submitted by /u/MoshizZ
    [link] [comments]

    16” Pro now or wait for new model?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    I panic bought a Macbook Pro last saturday, because my laptop burned down; very quick decision because I needed one for a tech gig in 3 hours.

    Now I'm wondering if spending almost $3.400 on a 2019 model laptop (Danish prices, converted to US$), when a new model is right around the corner?

    I can't deal with a 13", so that's out of the question. It just feels like it's a LOT to spend on a laptop, that hasn't decreased in retail price for the last 1+ years.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/6RScape
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel