• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    Apple iOS Siri freaking me out

    Apple iOS Siri freaking me out


    Siri freaking me out

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:54 AM PDT

    Ok so I asked Siri to turn the light on and she goes (in her usual happy tone) "sorry :) I wasn't abl- sorry. Starting again" and then she says (in a very serious haunting tone) "sorry. I wasn't able to find any devices in your Home"

    The other day she did something similar where she responded in just the haunting voice like "sorry. I didn't understand"

    What's going on?

    submitted by /u/Nail-Emergency
    [link] [comments]

    Shazam doesn’t work properly?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:13 AM PDT

    Essentially, Shazam and Apple now have this feature where you can put your Shazam within the control center and when you tap the icon you can then see what the song is and boom right?

    What makes this even cooler, is how the Shazam on control center also picks up songs that are playing on your phone, so if you hear a cool song during someone's YouTube video then you can Shazam from your device rather than having to do it from another device entirely.

    Now... here's the problem. The whole entire time I was doing this, I was in the thought of these songs immediately auto saving into my Shazam just like the app does. However... I noticed that none of the songs I've been Shazaming for the past month are even ON SHAZAM :(.

    So either I'm dumb and there's something I'm missing, or this isn't a feature. If this isn't a feature at all, that's really dumb in my opinion and there only should be a history for these songs. Not a lot of people have time to immediately save the song on the spot, hence why the history feature is so nice. My notifications for Shazam only go up to the past 3 days :(. I really hope I'm not screwed but please help me, I know this should more so be on a Shazam subreddit or something like that but I figured I'll post it here since this is an IOS feature with control center and all.

    submitted by /u/hushpolocaps69
    [link] [comments]

    Updating apps downloaded from a foreign app store iOS 14

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    So I have an app which I downloaded from a foreign app store (the app isn't available in my native app store country). There have been very frequent updates for the app but I realised that I'm still running the older version (version I downloaded months ago). I remember I used to be able to update apps even from if I purchased them from other countries before iOS 14. Did Apple remove this feature? Do I have to change my Apple ID country every once in a while to update all my foreign apps? Cheers

    submitted by /u/Assassinkiller5
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to silence all notifications (no buzzing, no sound) except for when I receive a phone call (iPhone 11)?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:07 AM PDT

    I would like to silence all notifications (WhatsApp, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat etc.); this means no buzzing, no sound, no pop-up whenever I receive a message. However, I would like to hear my ringtone whenever I receive a phone call.

    Is this possible on an iPhone 11 with the latest iOS version? If so, how? Because I sometimes find the notification/sound settings quite confusing.

    submitted by /u/fleamarketguy
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 WiFi issues

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:17 AM PDT

    Hey đź‘‹ I have an iPhone 12 since last week. I am facing to massive WiFi issues: The Internet-Connection gets lost, around every 5 minutes. WiFi is still connected. Turning off and on WiFi fixes this. This happens in multiple WiFi-Connections and cannot be an Router-Issue. Installed iOS Version is 14.4.2. Does anybody else have this too?

    submitted by /u/BerkeAras19
    [link] [comments]

    Siri is speechless

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    I can hear my videos and podcasts just fine but I don't hear anything coming from Siri. Moving the volume up only affects videos and podcasts. TIA.

    submitted by /u/StephenWilson156
    [link] [comments]

    Any iOS camera app where I can select a custom FPS?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    I am NOT doing a time lapse. I just want an app that can record very long sessions with low FPS and preferably even low resolution so that the file size isn't huge.

    I don't care about motion at all. Just want something that records audio and updates the frame maybe once a second or even less. ( aka 1 FPS or less)

    submitted by /u/Ze_S_Z
    [link] [comments]

    So after spending way too much time searching the internet, it's my conclusion that I cannot change the Twitter notification sounds in iOS 14. Is this correct?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:20 AM PDT

    If I'm missing something, please let me know. I just switched from Android to iPhone and customizing sounds is something I really like doing and I'm finding it incredibly difficult to do in iOS for third party apps.

    Any pro tips for an iPhone newbie like me?

    submitted by /u/Zyrokai
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Watch Issues?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:28 PM PDT

    So I would not consider myself technologically ignorant - I am actually relatively capable of doing most things alone when it comes to Computers be it tablets, personal computers, laptops, etc - phones are somewhat the exact same; i work on phones in my spare time and try to kind of figure it out myself - however, I have had an Apple Watch Series 3 for about 2 or so years; and every time I need to update it (software releases) I dont have storage available to do so? The only app I actually have installed on my watch is Nike Run Club which I believe comes default with the watch anyway as far as I can tell - but even then I cannot remove enough data to finally be able to update it

    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211283

    This link is the link for apples response on the matter itself; but the link isnt really helpful and doesnt actually resolve my issue - so long story short i usually go through the painstaking process of completely resetting my watch - and then reinstalling the software manually before doing anything else on it - which works perfectly fine....

    any thoughts or ideas as to why or how to actually fix this issue? Thanks

    TL:DR - Watch doesnt have enough storage to handle updates; removing literally everything possible to update it doesnt seem to work.

    submitted by /u/JBlake1941
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone glass back (presumably) cracked/smashed behind case

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:59 AM PDT

    Hi, I've just seen that my iPhone X back glass case thing has cracked by seeing some crack lines around my camera in the gaps that my phone case doesn't cover. I'm too scared to take the case off incase it fucks my phone. Do I just ignore it? The case is pretty tight. Thanks

    submitted by /u/hairthrowawayfucker
    [link] [comments]

    Can i use an app after i got approved for a refund?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:06 AM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    So here it is! I wanted to buy student youtube premium but made a mistake and bought the normal one instead. So I asked for a refund and apple granted it but I have not yet received my money (not worried, they said to wait 7 to 10 days) and my youtube premium subscription is still active, which means I can't actually try to pay for the student subscription and need to wait for the old one to run out.

    My question is: can I still use my youtube premium or do I risk breaching some conditions? Since I'm getting a refund, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to use the subscription. Do I need to wait till the premium runs out?

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Loliemimie
    [link] [comments]

    Any music player with a nice file browsing type that I can put music manually and have some sorting?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:08 PM PDT

    Just like Documents but every time I delete something, I get that I can't get access to it... so I need a replacement.

    What you people recommend? Can buy but preferably free.

    submitted by /u/GeicoPR
    [link] [comments]

    OCR app for iPhone/iPsd

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:40 AM PDT

    Hello r/iOS,

    I'm looking for an app that can use the camera to scan handwritten notes and convert into text. Google has thus far been unsuccessful. I like to work in notebooks and I'm looking for a way to back them up. Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/josh61980
    [link] [comments]

    Having trouble with new Iphone-12 and Facetime, details within.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:14 AM PDT

    So, new Iphone 12 and when using Facetime it comes through as Apple ID, not my phone number. Went into the settings and Facetime settings and unable to to click my cell number. Any thoughts? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/sandman5512
    [link] [comments]

    Sound plays when battery is 5%

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:50 AM PDT

    When I get 5% battery, all of a sudden a sound plays with the notification. It's such a strange sound, and I don' have anything in Shortcut. It sounds nothing like Apple would use. The sound goes a few pitches higher and stops. Like someone is running their finger on metal railing rods. What is this? It started out of nowhere.

    submitted by /u/IHaveNottRedditYet
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone: After closing an app, when reopened it will be in the last state as before. Is this normal? Can I do something to avoid this ?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I've am iPhone SE2 (my first iPhone ever). When I close (not minimise) an app, when I reopen it the app will be in the last state as when I closed it. For example if I'm talking on Messenger with a friend, if I close the app in that state and reopen it, it will open to the chat I was having with my friend (so last state before closing). Same goes for whatsapp or default Mail app. In the Mail app if I'm reading a mail and close the app, when I open the app again it will open to that same email I was reading before.

    Is there a way to avoid this ? Am I missing something ?

    submitted by /u/kuddoo
    [link] [comments]

    Shazam and Back Tap shortcut

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    I have some issues with my IPhone 10xr.

    I set my double back tap shortcut as shazam, only problem is the tracks that I Shazam through the shortcut are not saved into my shazams library.

    So I wonder is it a shazam "only" problem, or a sort of unsynchronised issue between the Siri shazam shortcut and Shazam ?

    submitted by /u/Pandalbain
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone use vignette for iOS, the app?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:46 AM PDT

    Hey guys , so I'm referring to this app.

    https://apps.apple.com/us/app/vignette-update-contact-pics/id1455924925

    I'm having issues with it because no matter what I do I can't get it to link up with Facebook. I've tried putting the whole profile page link in the contacts under "Social-Facebook" and I tried putting the profile name instead. Alot of people use <FirstName.LastName.RandomNumber> for this.

    Any ideas? No one uses gravatar. Am I better off using a different source? Maybe Instagram ( which is owned by Facebook so I'm not sure it'd be different ) ? I also added one guy's discord, which didn't work either.

    I remember the days when this was automatic with Facebook and I've always used third party apps for this on Android.

    submitted by /u/phaze08
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted images return immediately and it's impossible to free up memory

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:35 AM PDT

    Hi guys, my sister has an Iphone 7 and she has a problem in which if she deletes something from her gallery that thing just reappears immediately even though it was said that deletion was successful. She also can't free up her memory. She deleted almost all her apps and pics and memory is still all used up.

    We even tried resetting her phone and making a new apple ID but it didn't solve anything.

    Has anyone encountered this before and what could be a problem and a possible solution?

    Edit: she also can't delete any of the applications. Not even the ones that don't come with Iphone and the one's she installed later on

    submitted by /u/setu21
    [link] [comments]

    Bug in Books IOS 12.3.1 ( Not the Offline thing, but rather the Text )

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:19 AM PDT

    What is the optimum battery cycle to stay in?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:15 AM PDT

    How much should I charge the battery from and to?

    to have the best battery health percentage for the longest time possible..

    I heard people saying charge from 50% to 95% is good and other saying 60% to 90-100

    submitted by /u/TheDon772-
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music buggy changing songs

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    I started using Apple Music a month ago and so far I have a lot of complaints about changing songs on artist and similar artists playlist and on my personal radio. Sometimes it even scrolls to 3rd or 4th song when I tap only once on the button. After I switch back on the song I wanted there is a huge delay (like 10-15 sec) before it starts playing it. Happens on both cellular and WiFi. Anyone experiencing something similar? Anyone found a fix for it maybe?

    submitted by /u/mark0998
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] I’m looking for an app that has wallpapers like this but it’s a solo creator. Can’t remember the name of it for the life of me.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:53 PM PDT

    what is all the talk about privacy and companies selling data

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:30 AM PDT

    honest question here, many people have been talking about them moving away apps because of privacy issues or apps collecting data what I wanna know is Why would people want your data and why are people scared? unless you are a celeb i dont understand why people would want your data? Can people that want to stalk you buy the data? Dont bash me please honestly trying to understand

    submitted by /u/fakepc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel