• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I dread editing my Home Screen…

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    I have been using iOS for a decade. I love so many of its features and there are amazing things it can do.

    I absolutely hate editing the Home Screen. In fact I'm about to rearrange some apps and widgets and I found myself getting scared to do it. Is this what "non-techy" people feel like when they need to do stuff on their computer? Is this normal to be worried about doing a task this menial?

    Apple, fix this please.

    submitted by /u/SkyGuy182
    [link] [comments]

    Would a thief with an iPhone be able to turn off an AirTag?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:17 AM PDT

    AirTags have this feature where they notify people which are followed by an unknown AirTag so nobody can sneak one in your pocket and track you. Now, when someone steals my bag with keychain and AirTag in it, which is then „following" him, would that person be able to just turn the AirTag off with his iPhone? I mean he could also just remove the battery probably… Or is theft just not the main purpose for AirTags?

    submitted by /u/Kasti0
    [link] [comments]

    Why EverythingApplePro has stopped making videos about the newest iOS Betas ?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 03:36 AM PDT

    He was my favorite YouTuber because he and his team always found so many small changes for the newest beta. Nowadays he's uploading very rarely..I miss those times when he uploaded every time a new video with like 60+ new changes in iOS Beta Versions..does anyone know why he stopped uploading these videos?

    submitted by /u/J4nosch
    [link] [comments]

    Apple one on ios 12.5.2

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 05:57 AM PDT

    Hello, i regularly use an iphone 6 which cannot be upgraded to ios 14, i was wondering if i could use apple one subscription... Like, if i used the ipad of someone i know just to subscribe to appke one with my account, could I then use the services like apple music and apple tv on my old iphone or, in the case of apple one, does one need the latest ios? Thanks...

    submitted by /u/klauspoppe89
    [link] [comments]

    Preview, image, copy and paste - TIFF format ??

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    For a long time on macOS, I'd capture screenshots using Preview, then "Select All, Copy" and Paste it into various apps (Messages, emails, etc). Sometime recently, and it may be restricted to sending to Android users, the image being pasted is in TIFF format. Subsequently, it fails to send.

    What's controlling the "format" of the copied image ? It fails to send in Messages so I can't point the finger at Android as it never reaches that person.

    submitted by /u/hallstevenson
    [link] [comments]

    New to Apple (from Android): I have some basic questions

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 07:18 AM PDT

    Today I swapped my Android phone for an iPhone 12. The hardware is beautiful, but I'm struggling setting it up because I haven't really used an iPhone before and can't find some of the settings I think are most likely present somewhere.

    I'm stuck on the following and would be really grateful for any help:

    E-mail/Calendar syncing

    I want to sync my work (Exchange) e-mail and calendar with my iPhone. However, I want the calendar to use push (or fetch) but the e-mail to sync manually. These don't seem to be seperately configurable: am I overlooking something?

    Lack of symbols on the keyboard

    Numbers and punctuation: I want to access them directly without having to open a separate menu. Is there an option to e.g. add a number row, or a way to access punctuation by long-pressing certain keys? I know about double tapping the spacebar to enter a full stop, but I like to use comma, apostrophes, etc. as well. I feel like there must be a setting I'm missing here.

    I know I can install something like GBoard, but I want to give iOS a chance rather than trying to turn it into an Android phone!

    Mail Icon Badge

    Can I get the unread e-mails badge on the Mail icon to refer to just a single e-mail account? I have several accounts, and want to immediately see if I have unread e-mails in my personal account, but I don't care about the 1000+ in my other accounts (though I still want to be able to access them). I assume there is some way to restrict the badge to just a subset of the accounts, but I can't find it anywhere.

    MS Authenticator

    Not really an iOS-specific question, but is there any way to migrate this from Android? It seems easy to move all the accounts between two Android phones or between two iOS devices, but since the Android version obviously doesn't use iCloud for backup I'm stuck. Re-configuring every single 2FA account individually is something I really don't want to do.

    Googling, it seems that in the past it hasn't been supported, but I can't find any recent information and I was wondering if there is a workaround that people have used.

    submitted by /u/prolixia
    [link] [comments]

    Updated to iOS 14.5 - iPhone 10 now extremely slow

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    As predicted, my iPhone X which was working wonderfully - has slowed down greatly since 14.5 public beta, and even worse for the final 14.5 release. I was waiting for the 12S/13 but damn that phone needs to come sooner now.

    I get my phones almost 4 years old but still…

    Anyone else experiencing this?

    submitted by /u/TheSoussDaGoose
    [link] [comments]

    Locked Notes, still can read the first line

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 02:55 AM PDT

    Is it just me or does anybody find it strange that if you lock a note, you can still read the first line?

    submitted by /u/mn_3
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know any good dungeon fighting style games on ios?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:23 PM PDT

    Looking to spend free time on these please let me know if you know any dungeon fighter type games on ios.

    submitted by /u/advaithttv
    [link] [comments]

    Has anybody else stumbled upon this camera mode?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 12:33 AM PDT

    The title pretty much says it all. I've activated this camera feature twice. Both times by accident, and I'm unable to replicate it.

    The first time I accessed it, the phone was locked. I somehow opened this version of the camera app while sliding my phone off the magsafe charger. I was barely awake and thought the phone has updated over night so I didn't think to screenshot anything.

    The second time I accessed it from the standard email app while replying to an email. I looked away for a few seconds and when I look back at my phone, I see the same strange looking camera app that I almost has dismissed as a dream.

    I'll post the screenshot in the comments.

    submitted by /u/krezzzzzzz
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14 FaceTime Ultra Wide Angle

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    Hi guys. I really miss the wide angle on my back camera during FaceTime. I remember setting it I think on iOS 13, but then when I upgraded to iOS 14 it went back to the boring normal camera and now I can't figure out how to change it back.

    submitted by /u/gypsiebreeder
    [link] [comments]

    Snapchat now has more users on Android than iOS. Do you still use Snapchat? Haven’t used since 2018, Snapchat sucks tbh

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    Preparing iPhone for sale

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:04 PM PDT

    Hey Is it enough just to click erase my settings and data or should I do something more to make sure that all phone is empty?

    submitted by /u/According-Cap5633
    [link] [comments]

    The first information about iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 reveals many "hot" features

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:06 AM PDT

    Multiple Google accounts show up on “Sign in with Google” option for 3rd party apps

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    Usually with 3rd party apps there are options to sign in with your email, Sign In using Apple, and sign in using Google options. When I sign in using Google a list of previously logged in accounts is displayed. Is there anyway to clear up this mess? I have accounts from my family, college friends, and other non used or logged out accounts. I have logged out of all accounts on Chrome but this seems to have no effects with the "Log in with Google" option.

    I'm operating an iPhone with iOS 14.4

    Looking to clean house! Thanks.

    submitted by /u/drewbeans206
    [link] [comments]

    App to pan image closer?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Anyone familiar with this spongebob episode? The guy sings Da dadadada da, as the krabby patty slowly gets larger? I want to do that. But put an image over the krabby patty. I just don't know what app to use or what the technical term for this is

    submitted by /u/LadzLadz
    [link] [comments]

    Should i install iOS 14.5 RC if i wanna go back to stable releases?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:52 PM PDT

    right now i'm on 14.5 (18E5199a), and i wanna go back to stable releases after 14.5, so should i install iOS 14,5 RC and then delete the profile? because right now i already deleted the beta profile and wait for next week Public Release, is that the right way?

    submitted by /u/franky0912
    [link] [comments]

    Sony PS 5 DualSense Controllers and iOS compatibility

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:31 PM PDT

    I have been reading that iOS devices (iPhone / iPad) can connect to the Sony PS5 DualSense controllers.

    I have been able to see it with my Mac mini but it does not show up in my iOS devices bluetooth menu. I have tried restarts and turning bluetooth on and off.

    Has anyone had any luck doing this?

    Also is there a way to update the controllers firmware without a PS5? (I just have the controller).

    submitted by /u/_rainwalker
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE 1st gen iOS 14

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I'm currently using an OG SE as my current phone is getting repaired. It's running iOS 13.7 and has a new battery. Just wondering what everyone's experience is running iOS 14 at this point. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/batchletsgetit
    [link] [comments]

    Why does my iPhone 12 Pro Max’s brightness constantly go down to 50%

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    I put it at 100 and it slowly goes down. If I pull down the menu it might be at 80 or 70 but it keeps going down on its own to 50. I have all the auto brightness settings set to off.

    submitted by /u/redditdude91
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple enable Precision Finding for finding iPhones and other U1 enabled devices?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:37 PM PDT

    Apple talks about the fact that the AirTags contain a U1 chip to allow U1 enabled iPhones to use the Precision Finding feature to find them, but will be available for finding your other U1 enabled devices?

    I have an iPhone 12 running the iOS 14.5 release candidate and an Apple Watch Series 6 running the WatchOS 7.4 release candidate. Both contain a U1 chip so I tried using the Find My app on the iPhone to locate the watch and I didn't see any way of using the Precision Finding mode to locate it.

    The Apple Watch should also be able to support using Precision Finding for locating AirTags and other devices, but it doesn't look like its Find People app will support this.

    submitted by /u/Anialation
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel