• Breaking News

    Saturday, April 24, 2021

    Apple Macbook My MacBook touchpad isn’t working. The click is but there is no cursor movement. I tried rebooting, but nothing changed. How do I fix this?

    Apple Macbook My MacBook touchpad isn’t working. The click is but there is no cursor movement. I tried rebooting, but nothing changed. How do I fix this?


    My MacBook touchpad isn’t working. The click is but there is no cursor movement. I tried rebooting, but nothing changed. How do I fix this?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    Saw many people here ditching their Surfaces for MacBooks. Wanna know your reasons

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Has anyone had any luck getting the Flexgate issue on the 2017 MBP covered out of warranty?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    StayGo USB-C Hub by Twelve South Powering but not Detecting Devices

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:59 PM PDT

    I bought this a USB-C hub for my new MacBook, but when I plug it provides phantom power to the devices but does not detect. I've tried multiple ports, and Twelve South even sent me a replacement thinking it was defective, but this one does the same thing.

    Twelve South provided no troubleshooting suggestions, I haven't found anything on the internet, and it doesn't require drivers.

    Currently back to using my old USB 2.0 hub with a USB-C adaptor and everything works fine. Any ideas? Is there some secret phrase I need to utter to unlock it's potential other than "work, you piece of shit, work"?

    Hub: https://www.twelvesouth.com/products/staygo-usb-c-hub

    Computer: 2019 16" Macbook Pro, Big Sur 11.2.3

    Namaste

    submitted by /u/Ordinary-Purple2508
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to support multiple accessories on a Macbook Air/Pro

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 01:50 PM PDT

    Hi there. I'm considering getting a new M1 Macbook Air or Pro for work and I'm looking to get feedback on which Macbook and USB-C hub or thunderbolt dock I would need to support hooking up the following accessories: - 2K monitor - Wired USB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Wired USB Gaming Mouse - Wired USB headset - Wired USB 1080p camera - an extra USB spot for hooking up my developer phone for testing

    In the past I tried hooking up the Anker 7 in 1 USB-C hub to an older Macbook air but had issues with it not having enough power to handle all my accessories. Would having a Macbook Pro help with this since it has a bigger power supply?

    I do have this USB switch https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01MXXQKGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which can support turning one usb to 4 and has it's own power delivery. So wondering if it could be hooked up to a USB 2.0 slot in a USB-C hub and not have power issues.

    Or do I have to bite the bullet and spend more money to get a thunderbolt dock with it's own power delivery and enough ports to support all my accessories?

    Any feedback would be great for what the best set up would be for me. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Threecube09
    [link] [comments]

    sims 4 help!

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    will i be able to play sims 4 on a MacBook Pro Retina 13.3-inch (2013) - Core i5 - 4GB - SSD 128 GB without it loading really slow and glitching and crashing etc. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/questions_24
    [link] [comments]

    whats the easiest way to open .exe files on a mac?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    whats the easiest way to open .exe files on a mac?

    submitted by /u/Nyrolol
    [link] [comments]

    'recents' folder not showing up any files.. hmu

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    'recents' folder not showing up any files.. hmu

    https://preview.redd.it/nkekh1f0z8v61.png?width=1434&format=png&auto=webp&s=55ec7a32534a88465018caba4f2fda8dadc7a5ea

    so ive been using my macbook pro for like abt an year now and for some reason the last time i opened it there were absolutely no files in the 'recents' section of Finder which kinda gave me goosebumps as if my laptop was actually hacked. this went the same for the Pages App and other apps that requires the directories in finder so if any of y'all got any solutions pls hmu

    submitted by /u/acatelepsychic
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Pro: Touch Bar

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:30 AM PDT

    I got the M1 MacBook Pro 2 days ago and I'm here to tell you guys I'm in love with the Touch Bar.

    I'm a guy that usually loves niches and things most people don't like but I just keep glancing at the Touch Bar and finding things that are useful for me like the video playback functions (the fast forward and return in particular), the touch for volume and brightness and just the aesthetics in general.

    I must add I'm not a professional and use my laptop for media consumption and light gaming so that might be a reason I don't mind the Touch Bar at all.

    It's actually one of the reasons I couldn't wait for the exterior refresh of the MacBook Pro because of rumours of Apple getting rid of the Touch Bar so I got the 1st gen M1.

    So for those of you that are intrigued by the Touch Bar I can tell you I'm making use of it and love it. I would also advise you to get the MacBook Pro soon because it's looking like the end of the Touch Bar era .

    submitted by /u/TonnaN77
    [link] [comments]

    Best way to protect MagSafe 2 power port cable from fraying/breaking?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 08:12 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro Retina early 2015- and I am on my 3rd charging cable.

    It kind of looks like this- https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/magsafe-cable-frayed-any-suggested-fixes.1746161/

    I got my MacBook in fall 2016, and then i think in 2018 the wire frayed, and I bought a 2nd one, and it frayed. And, then probably 2 years later i am on cable #3.

    I leave it plugged in into the wall and it's not like I wrap it around anything. So i can't figure it out why they always seem to break! I mean even i go through 1 new iPhone charging cable a year because the rubber always breaks too. I don't get it.

    I was thinking when i get my new MacBook charging cable i should wrap the end of it in electrical tape maybe to strengthen in????

    Also, does anyone think Apple might replace it free? A few years ago whenever my apple headphone-(wired ones) broke I would take it in and they would give me a new one. But, maybe since my magsafe cable looks physically broken they might not replace it free.

    submitted by /u/LisaP9988
    [link] [comments]

    Been experiencing this for a while now. When I switch between files it keeps switching back and forth by itself. Even when I have the files in separate windows. Anyone know a fix for this?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:58 PM PDT

    Is buying MacBook to use both window and macOS worth it?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:29 AM PDT

    I'm kind of a tech person and like trying new stuff. I'm looking to change to MacBook (sometime in the future) because I like the look and feel of the MacBook software, but I'm currently using window which making me hesitate about the change. Especially because I'm using a Samsung phone right now and one of the feature that I really like doesn't exists on the Mac (Microsoft your phone app, which allow you to drag & drop file between both devices super easily, message and call through the laptop, use any app from your phone on the laptop). But as mentioned I hate how window look so outdated while macOS is getting a new update every single year.. Do you think using boot camp assistant on the Mac so I can switch between OS whenever I want will be a good choice? Will this ruined my experience with the Mac and do you think that I should just stick with window?

    submitted by /u/Artties
    [link] [comments]

    iPhoto Access Without MacBook

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:15 PM PDT

    I have saved about 10 years of photos (my kids' baby photos) to the iPhoto app on an old MacBook. I never backed them up anywhere else (I know, dumb move). My laptop is now broken, and I don't plan to buy another. How can I get access to my iPhoto account and all of my pictures without a MacBook??

    submitted by /u/fenix_ash
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook AppleCare+

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    Hi! I was wondering about the MacBook AppleCare+. I own a MacBook and I was wondering how apple covered the MacBook ex: do they send you a new one if you break yours or do they repair it and send it back? I'm await there is a charge for this but I'm not sure how it works tbh.

    submitted by /u/AdPale340
    [link] [comments]

    Best external monitor for typing and text display?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    I have a 13-inch MacBook Air (purchased new in 2020) and I'm looking for an external monitor with high quality text display. I'll probably also use it to stream video, but will primarily be using it for text.

    submitted by /u/Necessary_Stretch_24
    [link] [comments]

    Is apples magic mouse worth it?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 04:42 PM PDT

    One of the accessories that you can buy with any mac is apples magic mouse 2. I have been looking at the mouse and I like that it will color match my Macbook when I order it but I am not sure if it is worth the cost. People who have used the magic mouse what are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/American_Dreamer98
    [link] [comments]

    Struggling to wait for M1X/M2... At the same time, doubting the “necessity” of a MBP for what I do.

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:48 AM PDT

    TL;DR What kind of work operations/programs require a machine more powerful than the M1 MBP?

    I have a 2016 13" Intel MBP (4ports) and never fully pushed it to its limits. It's now getting sluggish and somewhat slow to respond on the most basic of tasks. I don't do much video editing, and don't touch photo editing software except for Ai. But mostly, I use this device for Keynote/PPT, word processing, conferencing, and emails.

    So I wonder, what kind of work warrants a 14"/16" M1X/M2 MBP? Am I overestimating what I need and/or underestimating the M1?

    I know I'm not happy with only having 2 ports, but believe I can live with it. I don't like the restraint of 1 external monitor, but I only have 1 anyway.

    So it all comes down performance and price. I can tolerate the current prices, but wouldn't like to shell out $2,400USD for a larger, more powerful machine if I don't need to.

    Wait for upgraded MBP? Or get the current M1?

    submitted by /u/Totally-not-squirrel
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook air. Looking to buy a USB-C hub. Dongle or direct attachment?

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:59 AM PDT

    I intend to primarily have my M1 MBA connected to an external monitor via HDMI port. Additionally, I intend to have it seated on stand to keep the MBA eye level to avoid neck strain.

    https://imgur.com/a/PlraG7p

    Which makes me wonder if there are any big differences between the dongle Vs. direct usb-c hub for my intended use. Any recommendations before I dish out $30-50

    submitted by /u/Wagnegro
    [link] [comments]

    Dell P2721Q or other alternatives for MBP M1

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm looking for the display that I could connect to my MBP with M1 using only one cable to send display signal and power. I think the only option that I have is USB-C or DisplayPort.

    I'm looking for anything between 25" do 27" and 2560x1440 to 4k resolution.

    Does anyone use Dell P2721Q with M1 MacBook and can say that there are no problems with the display and charging the MB? It looks like quite a good deal considering specs and the price. Do you have any other recommendations of monitors with the specs that I described that you used with M1?

    submitted by /u/mikro098
    [link] [comments]

    Upcoming MacBook Pro to feature mini-LED display

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Macbook Air 2020

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Why did Apple decide to design the Macbook Air 2020 with a fan that doesn't do anything? And simply slap a 10W heatsink on the CPU and call it a day? The fan doesn't even connect to the heatsink, for the record.

    I'm just extremely intrigued by Apple's ingenious ingenuity.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/joesimpie69420
    [link] [comments]

    $149 Off MacBook Pro 13 M1 256GB, $1149 - $149 Off 512GB, $1349 - $299 Off i5, 1TB, for $1699 - $200 Off i5, 512GB, for $1599 - Mother's Day Sale

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 09:39 AM PDT

    MacBook Pro M1 Chip 256 GB for $1149, MacBook Air M1 Chip 256 GB for $899, MacBook Pro Intel 512 for $1549 and more discounts

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 02:54 PM PDT

    MacBook 12 inch + 27 Inch Cinema Display

    Posted: 24 Apr 2021 06:32 AM PDT

    I need a dock or a USB C hub that both have USB and mini display port , do you guys have any recommendations?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Error9494
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel