• Breaking News

    Friday, April 23, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Your thoughts?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:31 AM PDT

    I keep reading that the new AppleTV is eArc capable. What does that mean exactly? I can't connect my AppleTV to the eARC port on my TV because it's connected to my Sonos Arc soundbar. Can it be that I have something not understood correctly?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:54 AM PDT

    Should I get the new apple tv or the last gen 4K?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Looking to get an apple tv so i can stream from my phone etc, i have a 4K tv Should i get the new gen coming out or the last gen? Also does the size in terms of GB actually matter? Was just going to get a 32GB to save money

    submitted by /u/account1786
    [link] [comments]

    New Siri Remote Lacks Accelerometer and Gyroscope for Gaming on Apple TV

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:18 PM PDT

    New Apple TV 4K with a 3440*1440 display?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:56 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    I have a 21:9 PC Monitor that runs on 3440*1440 resolution. Does the new Apple TV support that resolution?

    I borrowed the 1st gen Apple TV 4K and hooked it up to the display and unfortunately it has two black bars on either side. It did, however, look like it displayed more than 1080p, i.e. movies looked very crisp.

    Is there a way to make use of the whole screen?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/julian_esb
    [link] [comments]

    How does gaming work on Apple TV?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 04:17 AM PDT

    So I have a Roku, which I switched to years ago because the Apple remote just didn't work for my family. Now with the new remote, I'm thinking of switching back and also playing some games too. Does Apple TV support all the Apple Arcade games? What about my purchased games like Knights of the Old Republic? I am not looking to AirPlay from my phone. I am curious what games known will natively play on Apple TV. I already have a PS4 controller, which I understand is supported. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/agentanthony
    [link] [comments]

    This needs to happen!

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:59 AM PDT

    aside from AirPlay, any other uses for a 2nd Gen (2010) Apple TV?

    Posted: 23 Apr 2021 01:08 AM PDT

    my smart TV as all the apps (and more), and we already have a server where TV can stream music and movies/tv shows from.

    (this was a gift, after going thru the nightmare of 2-factor with it, aside from it being more reliable (but only at 720p) for AirPlay, I'm failing to see the use.

    it is already sitting on top of an amazon fire that hasn't been plugged in for a year...

    what am i missing? any creative ideas or hacks?

    submitted by /u/relayrider
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody ran into this yet? Ruled out cable and port on TV. Doing a restore as I write this. Looks like what a GPU issue would look like on a computer.

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 02:14 PM PDT

    Theatre mode with HomePods is a mess (since a month)

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:32 PM PDT

    Hi.

    For about a month (ironically since the announcement that the OG HomePods get discontinued) I have had problems with the theater mode of my HomePods and my Appletv. This weeks RCs didn't improve the situation either. Sometimes only one HomePod plays the audiosource or there is no sound at all. With disabled theatre mode the two speakers just run fine. I also considered whether the internet connection is to blame, but it is actually fast enough for the new mode, but it has no problems with 4K playback and most importantly: Theater Mode ran for 3 months without any problems in the same network. Another idea ist that it's maybe caused by changes to the framerate in tvOS 14.5 but I'm not sure.

    Does anyone else had similar problems since a months? Does someone has another idea to fix it?

    submitted by /u/gemoritzt
    [link] [comments]

    Paramount+ Showtime doesn't have latest Desus & Mero issues?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:14 PM PDT

    Tonight's Desus & Mero episode is showing up in my Up Next, but when I click on it, it prompts me to install the Showtime app which wants an in-app subscription. BUT through the TV app, I can still get to older episodes and all the other Showtime content.

    Very annoying. Anyone else notice things like this?

    TV shouldn't be this complicated. So tired of all these "channels" merging; stuff I've subscribed to in AppleTV app getting pushed out into other apps; Siri search returning rentals or purchase suggestions for programs on channels you already pay for, etc.

    "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

    submitted by /u/3766299182
    [link] [comments]

    New Apple TV 4K 120hz Support?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 03:13 PM PDT

    Articles (3rd party) I read about the new ATV 4K state it supports high refresh rate/120hz refresh (like some newer TV's and newest gen consoles). The product page for the new ATV 4K states things like "4K high frame rate" or "Twice the frame rate for HDR video", however the specs page only says up to 60fps for the various supported video formats.

    Further, footnote 2 states "High Frame Rate HDR content is currently limited. Additional content available soon".

    All this is very vague on Apples part and makes me wonder if this actually supports 120hz/120fps content?

    Additionally, I am curious if it does support 120hz, does it also support VRR (variable refresh rates) like current gen consoles (and many newer TV's) as this is not stated anywhere and seems like if it was supported would be a key point to market.

    Anyone able to clarify this?

    submitted by /u/Zer0CoolXI
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV YouTube App 10 second forward/backward

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 04:28 PM PDT

    Hi! Can someone please explain to me how to activate the 10 second forward / 10 second backward feature with the remote while watching YouTube videos on my appletv? When I light swipe and then click it goes ten seconds but the time length bar pops up so if I try and activate the feature again it just scrolls like none-other. Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/rhan92
    [link] [comments]

    Apple tv beta 14.5 Netflix atmos stopped working

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:38 PM PDT

    Anyone has this issue with 14.5 where Netflix atmos isn't working any longer? Everything shows 5.1 now. Really bummed out about it. First I thought it was my receiver or the hdmi cable but no, atmos is working in all other apps except netflix.

    I have seen some reports from 2 months ago where other people had similar issues with Netflix and disney+. But disney+ is working great for me. It's only Netflix that doesn't have atmos anymore.

    submitted by /u/isrararrafi
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone tried the new Apple TV update 14.5 preview to see how it handles 24.000fps?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 05:10 PM PDT

    Apple TV really struggles with 24fps at the moment as it's not spot on. There is a frame drop every 41 seconds (explained with a simple Google search) and it's quite annoying. I turn of frame matching as a result. Has anyone tried 14.5 to see if this is fixed? They say the new update will fix it so I'm keen to find out. Cheers

    submitted by /u/McAdamstry
    [link] [comments]

    Will the new apple tv remote switch between HDMI inputs on TV?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 08:39 PM PDT

    Hi 🍎 nerds. Will the new apple tv remote which is advertised as universal, have a feature to switch between different HDMI inputs in the TV? In other words, will we need a single remote to switch to google chrome or xbox?

    submitted by /u/__calypso
    [link] [comments]

    Airplay to AppleTV stops after a few minutes

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    I have multiple AppleTV 4K boxes and I airplay music to them every morning from iTunes on my iMac. All the AppleTV's are wired. The newest one will only play music for a few minutes and then stops. No error message on AppleTV or on the iMac. Any thoughts on how I can approach this problem?

    submitted by /u/davemchine
    [link] [comments]

    Is Apple TV HD still getting software updates?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    Does anyone know if the new Apple TV 4K will allow spatial audio with AirPods Pro?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 09:14 AM PDT

    I know the the current Apple TV models will allow you to connect your AirPods however the spatial audio will only work with other Apple devices such as iPhone and iPad. This would be really cool especially when you don't want to disturb your household yet still have the full Dolby Vision cinematic experience through your AirPods Pro.

    submitted by /u/iforgotaboutitman
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s Apple remote stop working?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 01:41 PM PDT

    I have two Apple TV's and both remotes don't work. The volume works for the 4K, but that's it.

    submitted by /u/PhilthyPhatty
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Subscription through Apple TV?

    Posted: 22 Apr 2021 12:24 PM PDT

    Wondering if you guys subscribe to streaming Services through Apple TV.

    I like for apps that Apple makes it easy to cancel or resubscribe. Wondering if the streaming services subscription is also easy to subscribe and cancel through Apple.

    submitted by /u/tin369
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel