• Breaking News

    Friday, April 16, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Audible iOS app now allows you to use credits to purchase audiobooks in-app

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 04:08 AM PDT

    There should be an “Update App” button in the quick actions menu (when you long press an app icon)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:34 AM PDT

    It would make sense to have an "update" button as one of the choices in the quick actions when long pressing a specific app.

    For the people like me who don't want auto-update turned on, this would be convenient if you just want to update a specific app from the home screen.

    submitted by /u/daklaw2
    [link] [comments]

    Texts reply being sent to landline instead of phone

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:25 AM PDT

    I haven't been able to find others with this same issue, so I come here begging for your divine assistance.

    I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 14.4.2 at the moment but this is not the first time I've run into this problem.

    I have an open text conversation with my aunt (who I believe also has an iPhone but I'm honestly not 100% on that). If I want to send her a message, I'll open my messaging app, go to the conversation, and type in my reply there. I do this specifically because in the past typing her name into the search field would only allow me to send messages to her landline, which obviously wasn't what I wanted.

    Today I opened the messaging app, clicked on the conversation, and sent a message. It tried to go to the landline again.

    This issue makes no sense. At no time was the landline number a part of this conversation, nor am I ever trying to specifically text the landline. Why does it keep trying to default to that number? Is there a setting I need to fix?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/alshazara2
    [link] [comments]

    iOS, are you serious, where are the contact groups?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    It looks like some kind of joke, but in 2021 iOS still can't create\use groups for contacts. Now, when even the iPhone has 2 SIM cards, when even standard notebooks support folders \ tags, I see how people continue to use MacBook, website icloud.com or Suspicious third-party applications (some of which are paid) for this instead of just adding an extra "Groups" field when adding contacts. Are you seriously???

    Do developers have some kind of fear of contact lists in iOS, or do they have some government laws that prohibit this? Why hasn't this been added yet? Android has had this for a long time

    I need to create groups for my contacts on my iPhone: family, colleagues, bad guys (where I want to add one contact to several groups at once) Apple, give me this elementary, basic opportunity!

    I hope there is some explanation for this, I would like to hear the opinion of other users

    submitted by /u/ReasonZestyclose3
    [link] [comments]

    Any suggestions for Apple/IOS/Homepod help sites that provide hdwr/sftwr requirements in list format?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Hello.

    I'm still easing my way back into the Apple ecosystem after begin away for many years (from Android, still using Windows).

    Using an XS and an older iPad & a couple of HomePod Mini's now. Mostly things are working fine.

    My question is, when I have some kind of issue with something not working, what I would like to be able to use as a troubleshooting resource is a site that lets me specify the thing or thing(s) I have, describe the current problem, and then presents a list or checklist of things that are user-selectable, for both hardware and software, that need to be present for the action to work.

    For example, the minor annoyance now for me Handoff isn't working with my X-S and Mini's. If I go to Apple's website for help, (and this is my experience with trying to troubleshoot things Apple) is that I can read a page, or several pages of textual descriptions and never get to seeing the hardware and software requirements that must be met for both the iPhone and Mini to successfuly perform a Handoff. As in, minimum OS requirements, WIFI specifications, and everything else that must be present.

    In other words, something like: "If A, B, C, and D are present in Device 1" and "X, Y, Z are present in Device 2", your connection should work.

    Any ideas?

    Thx.

    submitted by /u/crp852
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 Pro still 100% battery health?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 01:15 AM PDT

    So I recently bought a second hand iPhone 11 Pro off a mobile dealer on eBay. They seem to have good reviews and 99.7% rating. I bought it off them about a month ago and they sent me a device with 80% battery health when I bought the 90+ option. Anyway I sent it back and the resent another but again, sent me an 86% accidentally.

    After returning the second one, they finally sent the third and it's at 100% battery health. This is great, but I'm a little suspicious of the battery being replaced or aftermarket. It seems to be draining a little faster than the previous units and there are a few apps that got the phone super hot (this could totally be the apps I'm aware but the same apps weren't doing this on the other devices?). When I got the phone bottom firing speaker was also super crackly like holding a sheet of paper over the speaker so I had to poke the speaker grills in a bit which fixed it.

    I also checked the battery using software and it reads at 350 cycles and labels it is 'genuine' but I'm also aware that it's possible to recode aftermarket batteries to display the same serial number etc.

    Was wondering if anyone has any insights and what your thoughts are. 100% health after 1 & 1/2 - 2 years seems a little unrealistic to me but could just be paranoid. More so interested to see what you guys think.

    I also can't be arsed returning the damn thing for the third time

    submitted by /u/Lumche
    [link] [comments]

    Why should you outsource software testing?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 08:29 AM PDT

    When it comes to completing software projects on time with the fewest possible defects, managers are faced with the question of whether they should outsource software testing, deploy an in-house team, crowdsource, or forgo having testers altogether (not recommended!). Outsourcing software testing can provide several advantages, such as saving time on HR, training, and tool and equipment costs. But it can be a challenge to identify the best partner for outsourcing. https://abstracta.us/blog/software-testing/outsourcing-software-testing-cto-guide/

    submitted by /u/Frosty-Impact9633
    [link] [comments]

    Messages out of order

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:52 AM PDT

    I bought an iPhone 11 for my dad a couple of months ago but he is constantly having troubles with the messages since they seem to be not always in order and, most notably, when he opens one it is marked as if it is received in that very moment. I've never owned an ios device so I'm not very handy with it and I could really use some help. Phone is updated to the latest version.

    submitted by /u/Uomodelmonte86
    [link] [comments]

    Twitter links

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:33 AM PDT

    Do you guys know how to force Twitter links to open in my default browser rather than in their native browser ? Same for Bandcamp links for example, how to make it open the app ?

    Thanks

    iPhone 12 Pro Max up to date

    submitted by /u/NorthBreton
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer files from PC to iPhone?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    Hello everyone, before asking questions, I will explain my situation. I am a beatmaker and I upload my files from pc to iphone or vice versa. I recently bought an iPhone, but I have no internet at home, only mobile internet, the speed of which is 200kb / s. I need an option with which you can conveniently transfer files like zip wav mp3 to pc and vice versa. Thanks everyone in advance

    submitted by /u/Business_Brain
    [link] [comments]

    PSA guys, don’t update to this beta (beta 8) as it’s totally bricked my FaceID

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:04 AM PDT

    In App Store search results, do you think Apple prioritizes high-grossing apps?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    If you've tried to use your phone or tablet for virtually anything productive you've probably noticed this.

    Search for some basic application. The first app in the list is $60/yr. Ok, let's try the next one. $30 per 3 months. Ok, let's try the next one. $8.50/month. And so on and so on.

    Why do people tolerate this shit? Are there really no developers out there willing to sell a basic tool for $5 or something? Or is Apple prioritizing apps that bring in more $$$$?

    I also don't understand how in the hell these apps have 4-5 stars when they're virtually unusable unless you give in to these predatory pricing models. And of course, they all offer a short free trial that they pray you'll forget to cancel.

    Are people's standards and expectations that low? You can subscribe to fucking Microsoft Office + OneDrive for the price of some of these shitty apps.

    submitted by /u/lafindestase
    [link] [comments]

    App icon disappears when dragging from app list - is this a bug?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:24 AM PDT

    Widget for data?

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    Is there away of having a widget for data usage? One thing I loved having on my Android device. Made it easy for checking how much data I was using

    submitted by /u/davidcodee6
    [link] [comments]

    Manually added lyrics to all my songs I added through iTunes but the lyrics button can't be pressed

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:39 AM PDT

    Manually added lyrics to all my songs I added through iTunes but the lyrics button can't be pressed

    Hey guys,

    I just got an iPhone X (with iOS 14.4.2) the day before yesterday and so far I'm loving it (coming from Android). My problem now is, that I have added my own lyrics to every song in my library (they all work on my PC and my iPhone, I edited the metadata as well as the covers too and that works great) but I just can't access the lyrics on my iPhone. The button is simply greyed out and can't be pressed. I already googled a bit, but the only (possible) solution I found was turning off the contrast setting in accessibility. The thing is, I didn't have that option enabled in the first place and it didn't work either. Turned it on and off to see if it would make a difference, but nothing changed. Restarted the phone a few times and re-added the song to my library but it's still not working.I'll also add a screenshot from my Music app as well as iTunes on my PC to prove to you that I did it properly.

    Does anyone know how I can fix this? Sorry if this might be something common, I just don't know too much about iOS yet. Hope someone can help!Thanks in advance

    https://preview.redd.it/cdpahbzw9it61.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=1a2d15a0ff80465432c50c206dab9fa1aa34daa6

    https://preview.redd.it/id3l2v4u9it61.png?width=1125&format=png&auto=webp&s=741d281cdcd1455b28d26b1bf3e6fd0f7cd299a5

    submitted by /u/ImRezonate
    [link] [comments]

    Cant export a video

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    So I was taking a video early today and I wanted to export it to my pc to put it on youtube. But for some reason, I cant export the video or send it to anyone. it just loads indefinitely. Any other video works just not this one. Any ideas what causes this?

    submitted by /u/obtd2020
    [link] [comments]

    Siri default units of measurement

    Posted: 16 Apr 2021 02:11 AM PDT

    Siri default units of measurement

    How do I change the default unit of measurement for Siri?

    I've set the unit to celsius in weather app but Siri gives me the wind speed in mph instead of kph. I've also noticed that when I set an alarm using Siri, it uses 24h format instead of 12h format, even though my phone is setup for 12h.

    Screenshot

    submitted by /u/Double-Squirrel
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone stuck in Recovery mode. iPhone 11 Pro Max, running iOS Beta 14.5 public beta 6

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 09:39 PM PDT

    SOLVED: Had to manually download Beta ipsw and install using 3rd party software. Phone is back up with no data loss.

    We tried to setup iCloud backup today. My wife decided to cancel it and start it in the evening. That's when this all started.

    iPhone constantly crashed and was stuck in black screen with spinning wheel. Even after force restarting multiple times. I messaged apple support for help, and as usual they suggested restarting and trying to recover it by updating the software.

    Now phone is stuck in Recovery mode. We went to apple store they followed same steps and said they cannot recover the phone and only option is to restore the phone. This is not acceptable as phone wasn't backed up and had over 20k photos, plus messages and notes.

    My question is does anyone here know, how to download and manually push IOS 14.5 beta 6 or beta 7 to the phone? When we try to install/update via iTunes , I thinks its updating iOS 14.4.

    This is the last resort, before fully restoring the phone, and losing all the data.

    submitted by /u/Naj183
    [link] [comments]

    Every single time i plug in my EarPods, Apple Music displays this notification that can’t be dismissed. I have disabled notifications for the app on lock screen and banners, but it still shows up every time I plug them in.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    Tip! Have pre AND post iOS 13 reminders lists!

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:56 PM PDT

    If you have or make an iCloud account that uses old (pre-iOS 13) reminders lists, you can add those lists on your upgraded device by adding that old-world iCloud account in "accounts" in the settings for reminders. Now I can once again tell Siri to add something to my shopping list from my old iPad in the kitchen and then see it on my Watch and iPhone! And vice versa. Of course, the old devices can't see upgraded LISTS from the newer devices, but the newer devices can add ITEMS to old-version lists visible on older and and newer devices (signed in with the older iCloud account).

    TL;DR: Add an additional iCloud account with non-upgraded reminders to a device already on upgraded reminders to share non-upgraded lists and items on old and new devices.

    submitted by /u/melbigsonasthebeaver
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone experiencing random restarts on iOS 14.4.2?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 11:11 PM PDT

    I've restored a week ago from the beta and since then, i've been experiencing random restarts, overheating and pretty bad standby battery life. Anyone else?

    Edit: bought a battery case to keep my phone alive during the day. 20% at 4PM. This is unacceptable. No major battery drainers seen in settings.

    submitted by /u/AndreiKYZ
    [link] [comments]

    Garage band gets installed back on its own after removal

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    I deleted garage band but it got installed again after like 20 minutes even though I didn't do it

    submitted by /u/yxctz
    [link] [comments]

    You can bypass apples limit of keyboards, which makes for some interesting behavior when holding . in safari

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 01:57 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel