• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 14, 2021

    Apple iOS Just switched to iphone after 10 years on Android

    Apple iOS Just switched to iphone after 10 years on Android


    Just switched to iphone after 10 years on Android

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    I have had an Android phone for a very long time, but I do not have and never will have brand loyalty for the sake of it, so I decided to give iphones a shot when a family member was getting rid of their old one. I must say, I like it alot! And I have some gripes, but as someone who has perspective outside of the Apple ecosystem, here are my main thoughts.

    1. Limited Customizability - This is a perk and a downfall imo. It is great because it allows more privacy and security since it is closed down, but then it also prevents me from using my phone specifically how I want to. For example, on an iphone I can no longer use NewPipe or YouTube Vanced to watch Ad free youtube and listen to videos while the phone screen is off. This is a huge downside. I don't think many ios users even realize that you can download basically any kind of cracked app, or random app you want on an Android phone straight from the internet. Again, this is good and bad.

    2. Integration - I love how the phone integrates with my macbook. All my calendars, notes, reminders, messaging are synced across both of them. And it's through icloud, which is much more privacy conscious than Google.

    3. iMessage - Some people I text now tell me congratulations on getting an iphone. I find this very annoying, because they make it seem like I was broke or something for using an Android. I find this kind of delusional classism/brand loyalty funny. Nevertheless, it is nice to not have to use SMS as much, which is by far less secure and private than imessage. I use Signal whenever I can though.

    Conclusion: I'm sticking with ios, and hopefully I can upgrade to the latest iphone soon enough. My major concerns are security and privacy, and you can't really beat ios in these regards, unless you do a bunch of nerdy custom stuff to stock android on a Nexus which I don't have the time for. I will accept losing ad free youtube, and I guess I won't be using my phone for YouTube videos anymore lol

    submitted by /u/lovepeacetoall
    [link] [comments]

    Apple's next online-only launch will be April 20, upgraded iPads on tap — CNET

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:26 AM PDT

    Is there any way to show Lunar Calendar in number instead of Chinese? Or any Apple Watch app with complication for Lunar date?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:18 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I want to use Lunar Calendar, but I dont know Chinese. Anyone knows how to show Lunar Calendar in regular number? It will be convenient as the Lunar date can be shown in Apple Watch too.

    submitted by /u/ptanh1991
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone clipboard sometime loses copied text?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:07 AM PDT

    This happens sometimes after around 30 minutes the text I had copied disappears and I can no longer paste it. Anybody have this happen to them?

    submitted by /u/Paint_Recent
    [link] [comments]

    Some apps prevent lowering the volume below "1". Is it possible to override this?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:50 AM PDT

    iOS has two way of setting the volume:

    • The hardware buttons, which change the volume on a discrete scale.
    • A slider in the pull-down menu, which changes the volume continuously.

    I use the latter to achieve extremely low volumes, e.g. when I want to keep a video or music running, but very silently so as not to distract too much.

    Some apps however don't allow this, e.g. Zoom. The lowest volume they allow is the first non-silenced setting on the discrete scale.

    Can I override this?

    Use case: I want to remain in a conference session, but the current talk isn't quite as interesting to me. I need to hear the voices at a low volume to notice, when the speaker changes, but the lowest discrete volume is still distractingly loud.

    submitted by /u/R3D3-1
    [link] [comments]

    Phone was connected to a device when I was asleep

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 07:10 AM PDT

    Hello. I noticed this morning when I woke up that my phone alarm didn't go off. I opened my phone and saw that my iPhone was connected to a device. My immediate reaction was to turn off my phone's Bluetooth and I did. I checked my settings and saw that my paired devices were devices that I know but both were turned off at the time. I am quite baffled by this, can anyone tell me what could've happened? Thanks. I can provide more info if needed.

    submitted by /u/hxruday
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to bar myself from downloading an app?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:08 AM PDT

    Can there be some sure fire way to not let me download an app such as instagram or discord until a certain amount of time has passed?

    submitted by /u/jay_rode
    [link] [comments]

    Duplicate calendar alerts?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I am getting two calendar alerts for all my meetings at work.

    I have my personal calendar ( basically 0 events ) and my work calendar. And my iCloud is synced ( which should have nothing )

    When I get an alert for a work meeting I get two identical notifications back to back. I googled this and all I could find was people saying they wanted more alerts..

    Anyway, does anyone have a clue what could cause this? Relatively new to iPhone here.

    submitted by /u/phaze08
    [link] [comments]

    I keep receiving this everytime I use google on safari? Any ideas?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:49 AM PDT

    Reset passcode?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:26 AM PDT

    Basically long story short, I lost my passcode (had it saved on paper) and I can't unlock my phone. I don't have any computers with Itunes so I'm screwed there. Could my internet provider, Cricket, or an apple store idk, be able to reset the passcode or something so I could get in? Or reset my whole phone, I don't really care about most of the things on my phone lol except a few screenshots. Do they do this? I've been told they do but I'm not entirely sure. Also, is every app closed when you completely shut off the phone? I have the worst luck and was doing something embarrassing before this so if they hopefully are able to reset the passcode, they won't see? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/SxvenRings
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make the Calendar icon display how many events that today has?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:10 AM PDT

    Basically, just as the title says, how do you? I've looked in Notifications and Calendar settings but to no avail. Fantastical and GoodTask display them. Is it even possible? Cheers going forward.

    submitted by /u/sweepyjones
    [link] [comments]

    How can I tell which photos are actually on my iPhone and not just iCloud.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:25 PM PDT

    I've turned off iCloud photos and deleted the data from it. I now have 30 days to download my photos before the iCloud data is permanently deleted. I did have "download and keep originals" on while I was using iCloud photos and made sure it was updated before I disabled and deleted the data, however there is no indication of which pictures are downloaded or still on iCloud. Do I just have to compare galleries between my phone and iCloud on pc?

    submitted by /u/lazerbeetle
    [link] [comments]

    What’s up with mouse input and games?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    I was under the belief that Apple introduced the ability for apps to basically take mouse input and separate it from the os so in a game you could continuously rotate with out the cursor hitting the screen but every app I've looked at that would benefit by implementing that (Minecraft which legit has mouse settings in it but does not use it idk why, rd client from Microsoft etc) has not done so, am I misunderstanding what Apple allowed or what?

    submitted by /u/golden-strawberry
    [link] [comments]

    I have this bug since ios 14 can someone help me, I can’t check my screen time

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:25 AM PDT

    File browser and setting app showing different amounts of available storage

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:22 AM PDT

    How can I figure out what's eating up my storage without deleting all my photos/apps?

    https://imgur.com/gallery/1KIkCba

    I'm pretty sure the files browser is correct and I only have 9 GB available, but where did all my storage go?

    submitted by /u/WeFlyHighNoLieYkThis
    [link] [comments]

    Find My iphone Issue

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:11 AM PDT

    My father in law lost his iphone yesterday. I attempted to use the website to help him find it. I entered his icloud user name and password and then it sent a 2 factor authentication code to the lost phone. Did I do something wrong or is this just bad design?

    submitted by /u/penguinchem13
    [link] [comments]

    Is Adblocker necessary? I dont mind having popups from sketchy sites, as long as no malwares be automatically downloaded

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:37 AM PDT

    I also use private mode. Also, do i have to be afraid from malwares from pop ups? Does it automatically download ??

    submitted by /u/josef_cruz93
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t seem to ever get the keychain prompt to create an iOS generated password. What am I doing wrong?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:15 PM PDT

    I understand it not prompting on some off beat 3rd party sites, but it doesn't work when I tried to make accounts at target and Walmart. I tried to look through settings to see if I had something turned off, but came up short.

    submitted by /u/fassbending
    [link] [comments]

    Screenshots bug Max 12?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:23 AM PDT

    Is anyone having issues that their screen capture all of a sudden stops working? Woke up this morning and the screen capture buttons no longer function. Tried restarting the phone with no avail. Potential bug? I've got the assistive touch set up for the time being but wasn't sure if it was just me.

    submitted by /u/djshotzz504
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to block ads on the iOS Youtube app?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    Youtube makes the web version of YouTube horrible and default to 360p on fucking purpose so their users must have their retinas exposed to their disgusting ads

    submitted by /u/drippydick0
    [link] [comments]

    I cross posted this here to elicit more responses.

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 03:27 AM PDT

    Call Screening

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:23 PM PDT

    How do you get your iPhone to do the Google Call Screening thing?

    submitted by /u/Dommypoo05
    [link] [comments]

    How to enable app-specific Camera use for ScreenTimed iPad?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:50 AM PDT

    I have locked down by son's iPad pretty extensively using ScreenTime. That includes no access to Camera except if a request is sent to a parent (ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed App > Camera, toggled off).

    But I do want the system to have access to Camera all the time, through a specific app. That is to say...

    The app Scratch Jr, when a request has successfully been made to a parent, should have access to Camera.

    There is a great feature of the app - snapping a photo of yourself to include in a basic STEM animation - which relies on use of Camera to take a photo.

    Unlike on my iPad which is not locked down by ScreenTime, we cannot find this feature in the app on the other iPad because Camera has otherwise been disabled by ScreenTime.

    submitted by /u/robertandrews
    [link] [comments]

    Contacts with photos on homescreen

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 02:49 AM PDT

    A friend of mine just came to iOS with her XS max. Before that she had an Android. On her Droid she had these quick-dail buttons. There was an icon with a photo of a person and if she touched the icon, the phone would start calling that number.

    Is this possible in ios? I have been looking at shortcuts, but I couldn't use a picture as icon.

    Also have been looking at apps, but they feel kinda shady.

    Help is welcome. Thank you all.

    submitted by /u/610601
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel