• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 15, 2021

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread

    Apple iOS Daily iOS Support Thread


    Daily iOS Support Thread

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 04:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. As usual, if you have a serious issue with the subreddit, please contact the moderators directly. Check our Tech Support FAQ pageJoin our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archiveof all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know why Messenger looks like that?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:01 PM PDT

    When I share a Youtube-Link imessage shows this instead of a preview - how can I fix this so I see a thumbnail and a video title again?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    Every now and then all my third party apps disappear from their regular categories in the App Library and all end up in a big mess in the “others” category. If I restart my phone it goes back to normal again but that’s kind of annoying. Anyone else? Anything I can do? (Latest software installed)

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 02:42 AM PDT

    My XR has literal display problems.

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 06:37 AM PDT

    Such as any icon getting stuck in the display for a few minutes. Examples include the keyboard's language switching and dictation icons. Is this me or what? The XR is also bad at bug fixes with the most annoying one being the infamous Music queue bug.

    submitted by /u/Ermun-Munkhnasan
    [link] [comments]

    How does FB app know I was surfing on my iPhone Safari for a minivan?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:34 PM PDT

    I began to see minivan ads on my FB App. Mic is set to off for FB in settings.

    submitted by /u/DiomedesAuRa
    [link] [comments]

    Chrome app keeps coming back even though I clearly pressed “Delete App” AND removed from app history?!! WTF!!!???!!

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 01:04 AM PDT

    Downloaded Chrome many weeks ago. Deleted it (not just removed from Home Screen, but deleted it) and also removed from app history. It comes back on its own after a while....

    WTF??!!!!

    submitted by /u/IMakingYouDownvote
    [link] [comments]

    Unsend current location

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:24 AM PDT

    Unsend current location?

    Accidentally sent my location in a group chat. I pressed the button "send current location". Is there anyway to delete it in the group?

    Please note there's a difference between sending "current location" and "sharing current location". "Sharing location" allows you to choose whether it's for 1 hour etc. I chose the send current location option.

    submitted by /u/Dragonflameee
    [link] [comments]

    When multiple microphones are connected, are there anyway to force it to use the USB one or disable the built-in (crappy) one on the bluetooth earphone?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    When multiple microphones are connected, are there anyway to force it to use the USB one or disable the built-in (crappy) one on the bluetooth earphone?

    I have a USB microphone and a pair of cheap Bluetooth earphone/mic. When I connect both to my iPhone, the mic bulit-in the Bluetooth set was automatically chose instead of the USB one. Are there any way to force it using the USB microphone while using the Bluetooth earphone for monitoring?

    https://preview.redd.it/yxlt5vzmict61.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=695d416ee9a4aab40f2ced14cf448532af78fe05

    submitted by /u/auching
    [link] [comments]

    Any reliable and privacy secure app to get your WhatsApp ( and Line) chats transferred from your android to your new iPhone?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 06:51 AM PDT

    Hi there,

    So, the title says it all, I moved from Android to iPhone, I saw there is no native way to get my WhatsApp chats transferred or downloaded from my Android phone to my iPhone.

    Still, there are apps out there that pretend to do it, but I have no idea which are reliable or not, work or not, and take all my info to do whatever they please with them or respect my privacy.

    Any tips about that? Would be much appreciated.

    And, same question goes for Line if you have ideas.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/fongor
    [link] [comments]

    Need urgent help with transferring photos to computer

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    I have a project due in a few hours and all I need is to get the pictures of the production from my phone to my laptop, but because the pictures are in my iCloud I have no idea how since the computer only allows my to transfer photos saved on the device. I am absolutely f'd if I don't get this done so if anyone could help I would massively appreciate it

    submitted by /u/cooldude4321234
    [link] [comments]

    Why does the iOS Amazon App mess with my audio after closing the app?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:41 AM PDT

    Test it for yourself. Play music then open amazon and close it. The music gets muffled for a second or two then gets back to normal. My assumption is they're bypassing Apples audio notification (the yellow/green bubble) for background advertising purposes, or it could just be a glitch.

    submitted by /u/WankSpanker
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify takes over my iPhone's volume control constantly even when I'm not using it

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 05:25 PM PDT

    It's driving me crazy! Anytime I open a TikTok it automatically pauses because Spotify decided to hijack my audio even though the last time I opened it was hours ago.

    Or when I go to watch a snapchat video and it stops working when I try to raise the audio. And during this time Spotify shows as "playing" in my control center with the option to pause it but pausing it does nothing.

    Does this happen to anyone else and is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/holographic_meatloaf
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone level

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 05:55 AM PDT

    How accurate is the real-time headphone level with 3rd party headphones shown in Hearing? Even though I'm listening with my ATH SR50BT its shows Airpods.

    submitted by /u/mthdfreak
    [link] [comments]

    A way to hide images from library photos app when they have been sorted to albums?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 05:42 AM PDT

    TL;DR: hide photo from library section when I put it in album. Or some alternative gallery apps for me to check out (not google photos)


    Hi! I am pretty new at this scene, been android guy for my whole life but recently I bought an iPad for my creative work (so I can work easily on the go). So far it's great, definitely it's the best device for this type of work, it feels pretty intuitive after few days of usage (except for the pain with handling files between iPad and computer, but that's another story) and it has awesome apps. But there's this one thing that totally breaks my iPad experience and that is a Photos app.

    To explain what I mean, I use a shitton of images for my work. I work mainly as a frontend web dev with focus on UX and webdesign. Easily put, I often receive some images from customer or from photobank to use, some icons, stuff like that. I need to take that and use it in my designs BUT the photos app takes that, and puts it in one place for me to search for the image I need for ages. On top of that it mixes with my personal stuff that I have, for example reference images I have for drawing and so on.

    The question is: Is there a way to hide photo from library when it been sorted to Album? I really need some way to distinguish between different projects at work and my personal stuff.

    If not, what are the best alternatives for photo app for me to check out? I've tried google photos (big no).

    Or, different approach? Like I said, this all is new for me and I am still learning how to use it. One thing would be getting an iCloud, but that would be just pain moving files from one cloud to another. And I am not even sure you can mount iCloud as a local drive on windows, so I would like to leave that option as last resort.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/blax722
    [link] [comments]

    Are there any iOS app for configuring hotspot/tethering without sideloading/jailbreaking?

    Posted: 15 Apr 2021 03:48 AM PDT

    I am not an Apple/iOS user, and I don't have an iDevice to play around with, so please forgive my ignorance about the Apple ecosystem. I'm an Android user.

    I have some clients who I may need to be able to coax into configuring their iPhones into a hotspot. Unfortunately, Apple makes configuring hotspot tethering difficult by having made it too easy.

    In my case we need to configure the iPhone to use a specific network name (SSID) and to use 2.4Ghz rather than the default 5Ghz.

    In order to use 2.4Ghz, this feature is hidden behind the very undescriptive "Maximize Compatibility" toggle.

    But the real challenge is the network name, which defaults to the device name, which is configured under an entirely different area of settings, and apparently which requires a reboot to go into effect.

    This is a big pain in the butt. Especially for setting the custom SSID of the network.

    Is there an app which might make configuring the hotspot tethering easier in this situation?

    As far as I am aware, apple banned hotspot and tethering apps back in 2011. Android has no such silly restrictions, configuring hotspots is fairly trivial, and there's a variety of apps from which you can do it.

    Any advice which might make doing this easier?

    submitted by /u/Cheeseblock27494356
    [link] [comments]

    Battery Health Glitch

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:16 PM PDT

    So weird thing happened. I got an 11 Pro Max in December 2020, very recently. For some reason, my battery health was going down unusually fast. By March, just three months later, it was down to 94%. It wasn't like that in my previous Xr that after 2 years still kept a healthy 95% capacity.

    Today however, I checked it again after a month (I stopped checking every week because it hurt to see) and to my surprise it says 98% capacity. That sounds more reasonable, but how did that bug persist through several different iOS versions and device reboots? Not only was it coming up with the wrong capacity every time it pulled the data, but it was also incorrectly assuming the capacity was dropping. Has this been seen before?

    submitted by /u/namehasbeentaken2
    [link] [comments]

    Years/Months/Days view in Photos is missing photos

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 06:44 PM PDT

    If I select Years, Months or Days in the Photos library, there's many missing photos. I have to select All Photos to see the missing photos. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to what photos are missing. Is this a bug or a feature? If it's a bug is there a way to fix it? If it's a feature, why?

    submitted by /u/Crunchewy
    [link] [comments]

    Do anyone knows how can I put this on because no its impossible for some reason?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    Spotlight does not find installed apps

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    I use spotlight search all the time to launch apps on my iPhone. On my kids iPhone however Spotlight does not show installed apps, any app at all. If I search for Spotify Spotlight offers me Siri suggestions, website search but NOT the Spotify app even though it's installed

    I was going through the iOS settings and couldn't find anything obvious that could prevent that. I double checked app-settings in the iOS settings as well as I know there is the option to disable that an app is shown in Spotlight search on a per app basis, but that's not the case. Any ideas? Not sure if this has something to do with it: some screen time restrictions are enabled on my kids phone.

    submitted by /u/banthonnet
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 14.4.2

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 09:02 PM PDT

    with the current version is iOS (14.4.2) it is borderline impossible to run on iPhone 8, You can't use spotlight search it basically crashes, You can't use most apps My phone is very hot Another thing of apple trying to make us spend more money

    submitted by /u/TheAlphabet2772
    [link] [comments]

    When someone face time calls me, do they see my camera before I answer?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Earlier today I was getting a face time call from my friend and i was wondering, can they see my camera before I answer?

    submitted by /u/red69square
    [link] [comments]

    Do Not Disturb

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 04:29 PM PDT

    So, I have a question. If I turn do not disturb on, get a message, do not see it, and turn do not disturb back on, will I see the notification?

    submitted by /u/Gage4265
    [link] [comments]

    I don’t know what the first app is, and I am definitely to using NY governor’s website for 10 hours. All the tabs are closed in Safari. Any ideas?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    Is there a reliable way to use my iPhone for basic MacBook controls?

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    I've got a MacBook Air attached to a large monitor in a home office. I'd like to be able to run YouTube, Netflix, etc on the MacBook Air and use my iPhone to pause/play, stop, adjust volume, etc. I've googled this a fair amount and it looks like there aren't well established methods for this, just janky 3rd party apps with low star ratings and convoluted workarounds with instructions that always seem out of date. Am I missing an easy solution?

    submitted by /u/Queef_Sampler
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel