• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 21, 2021

    Apple Help Is there any apps with palm rejection that works with the adonit dash 3? I'm using an iPad 5th gen

    Apple Help Is there any apps with palm rejection that works with the adonit dash 3? I'm using an iPad 5th gen


    Is there any apps with palm rejection that works with the adonit dash 3? I'm using an iPad 5th gen

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:55 AM PDT

    Which MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    Going back to school and September, my current MacBook is slowly dying. I'm overwhelmed with the information when I research which MacBookPro I should buy to run Adobe Suite for digital design class. Anyone wanna give me advice? TIA.

    submitted by /u/Thorgasm_Van_One
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to flip ("mirror") the display so I can view it properly as a reflection?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    I have set up a Mac Mini to work as a dedicated FaceTime machine with a DSLR camera. However using a DSLR makes you lose "eye contact" with your caller, so I put the camera into a teleprompter. It uses a two-way mirror to position the camera behind a reflection of the screen (HDMI mini monitor).

    But because I'm viewing the screen as a reflection, everything is mirrored and I am having difficulty operating the UI since all the text is flipped, the mouse moves in the opposite direction, etc.

    Is there a way to set the display to be mirrored so it looks correct when viewing its reflection in the teleprompter?

    submitted by /u/pmjm
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Remote MIA

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:38 PM PDT

    I have somehow lost the remote to my 4th Gen Apple TV. I know that I can use my iPhone as a remote when it's connected to the same wifi network. However, I've recently changed ISPs and my Apple TV isn't connected to my new wifi network but my phone is. Can I hardwire my Apple TV via the Ethernet port and still use my phone as the remote for it?

    submitted by /u/ginger_beardct1994
    [link] [comments]

    I think I broke my MacBook (tried to erase) - No volumes to recover

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 05:04 PM PDT

    iPad Not Charging

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:00 PM PDT

    So, recently, my brother's iPad just stopped charging out of the blue, I figured something was wrong internally but it was apparently just a junked charging port, I spent an hour cleaning it with a toothpick, first cleaning the sides then the yellow charging pins. It was successful at first and it started charging, but apparently since it reached 1% it has stopped charging, I cleaned it more for 30 minutes and there are no visible junk any longer. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty sure the charging pins should be straighter but upon looking at them, their top looks quite sloped downwards, but it is straight below that. I can't picture it cause it is just blurry. The charger is certified for apple products as it can charge my iPhone and it gives sufficient power. Since I've ran out of what to do, I hope some of you guys can help?

    submitted by /u/Arnistice
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to identify an "Apple Logo II" box

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:59 PM PDT

    I've been trying to identify this for ages to no avail. Couldn't find anything about this specific product on the internet, and none of my tech savvy friends know what it is either, so I thought I'd ask here.

    Here's the front and back of the box. The dimensions are approximately 9.5" x 2.5" x 8.5" and it weighs a few pounds (surprisingly heavy for a programming language). Accidentally cropped it out of the picture, but on the sticker beneath the barcode, the price tag is $100. I've been trying not to open the manufacturer's seal but am dying of curiosity.

    submitted by /u/neat-hw
    [link] [comments]

    Airtags and the privacy implications of universal tracking

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:52 PM PDT

    It is my understanding (correct me if I am wrong) that all Apple mobile device users are now opted in to the tracking of AirTags with no way to opt out. Apple claims that this tracking can not be traced to the individual user, but is that really the case, or will it remain that way? Does my ownership of an Apple product mean my movements and location data should benefit the company? Should I have a say in how my location data is used?

    EDIT: Googling is hard... You can in fact opt out without...

    submitted by /u/goalie1998
    [link] [comments]

    If I bought a cheap iPhone, kept my Android... can I use iMessage with my Androids phone number?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    So I have a weird situation here. Hear me out!

    I like my Droid... not because of some bias, I love both brands. But this phone does everything I want, and I feel no reason to increase my phone bill with a phone upgrade.

    For my new job I really need iMessage... clients send me things all the time, my boss, very important people and here I am going "Hey can you send that video to my Gmail, because my phone has SMS/MMS and what you sent me looks godawful when I open it" because SMS/MMS compress the crap out of things sent from iPhones.

    A friend is offering me her iPhone 6 for free to help me out. So can I keep my droid, and somehow setup the same phone number on iMessage so that when people text things to that number it goes to iMessage? Or will I need to set up its own phone number?

    submitted by /u/JonRah
    [link] [comments]

    Can law enforcement agencies unlock an iPhone?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:43 PM PDT

    I don't mean if they can do it in terms of law. I mean is it possible for them to hack the phone without my permission?

    I live in Russia. There was a huge number of arrests of people for political reasons. When I read the recommendations on how to deal with such situations, it was said that before the arrest it was necessary to reset the data on the phone.

    Although, it was written by the most popular opposition journalists, I don't know if such a recommendation can be trusted, because anyone who understands computer science knows that deleting data does not really delete data. You must write new data to completely erase what was previously. Perhaps "data reset" on iPhones works differently, and this problem was foreseen. For example, to prevent the new owner of the used phone from restoring the data of the old owner.

    Closer to a real example. Let's say I was arrested. They took my phone away. Will the law enforcement agents be able to unlock the usual six-digit password protection with some special software?

    submitted by /u/dumbquestionsaccoubt
    [link] [comments]

    How do I remove an old number connected to my current device?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I hope someone can help me with this, since sadly Apple customer service didn't really know how to help/what to do in this situation.

    Recently, I had to leave an unsafe situation and got a new iPhone in the process. Because of iCloud, the two numbers synced together to my Apple ID while I was setting up the new phone and now, the old number is still listed under the "reachable at" section on my phone's settings. I tried deregistering it, but I no longer have access to the old phone and the process required sending some kind of push notification to the old phone with the number I'm trying to deregister...defeating the purpose entirely.

    The only reason this is so worrying is because I left the old phone behind idiotically as it was being tracked (and I wasn't thinking), and I'm scared that messages/phone calls coming to my new number are still being received by the old phone as well. I did a factory reset on the old phone, but I'm not sure if this is enough?

    The iMessage section doesn't have this number listed as an address, which is relieving, but I guess I'm still worried regardless. Can someone help me with this please? Why is the old number still being listed as a reachable phone number?

    submitted by /u/Trick-Replacement657
    [link] [comments]

    Pausing Quicktime Movie

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    2019 MB Air. I'm going to be filming a video for my company, and am wondering if I am able to "pause" recording on QuickTime or Photo Booth to allow for breaks in content. Example: instead of one large video that needs editing, or multiple videos, I would like to pause the video then start up again.

    submitted by /u/JPxfit
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way of using a 27inch late 2015 iMac as a dual monitor of a 13inch 2019 MacBook Air?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Is there anyway of making this happen? I have a MacBook Air for work and honestly the iMac would be an ideal second monitor. Just not sure how to make it work or if it's even possible.

    I can't screenshare from my MacBook currently as it's a work computer and IT won't enable the feature on the laptop. (But even if they did I'm not fully sure it would work).

    Appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/jusL0u
    [link] [comments]

    New 2020 M1 MacBook Air or used i7 MacBook Pro?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 08:48 PM PDT

    Looking to buy a new MacBook, can't decide if I want a new M1 512gb MBA or a 2018 MBP 1tb i7? Prices are about the same. Specs on MBP are a little better on paper

    submitted by /u/onemilligram
    [link] [comments]

    Read this please!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    Hi, if you guys could help me find a solution to this that would be great! For some reason when I go to the app store and I want to download something, it doesn't... when I click on the app I want to download it would do the spin and take you back to "get." I tried resetting the ipad but it didn't work. I tried signing out of the apple id in the settings and app site but doesn't work. Something weird is that when I check the app store I'm not signed in, and when I do it says "could not sign in" however when I click on it again it shows I am but when I get out of the app and launch in again it says I'm not.. Also when I go to server update to check if there is one if that was a problem, and it gives me "an error occured while checking for a software update." Please help!

    submitted by /u/Vlaisz
    [link] [comments]

    Why is Gmail taking up so much space? I use Google meet everyday, is it cause of that. It was never like this, today when it checked it was 19gb

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    Will the new Apple TV remote that was announced work on my Apple TV (4th Generation)?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 4th generation Apple TV, which I think is one of the newer ones. I've been having trouble using the remote because of the lack of buttons for scrolling. I saw that a new Apple TV remote was announced with buttons, and was wondering if it will work with the Apple TV I have if I purchased it seperately??

    submitted by /u/onlychance19
    [link] [comments]

    Can't run Apple Diagnostics after latest crash.

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:53 PM PDT

    I have a Mac Mini.

    Due to bugs with the Migration Assistant, customer service asked me to install to an external disk when I set it up.

    Due to 32-bit software including 32-bit accessibility tools, I am sticking with MacOS 10.14.6.

    I get a lot of crashes due to BridgeOS/T2 Chip errors.

    After the last crash, I ran disk utility, and then disconnected all my disks, restarted using the onboard system, and tried to run diagnostics.

    It first requested an internet connection, and then crapped out with the message

    support.apple.com/mac/startup -2104d

    What can I do? I see some advice about using another network (I only have the password for one network), resetting the pram/nvram (did that, no luck), or Apple configurator (don't think I can do that).

    My migraines have been flaring up, so I don't think I can go by the Apple Store in the next few days, at least.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Ananiujitha
    [link] [comments]

    I deleted my Icloud backup, but the storage is still being utilized even after a couple days of waiting. Any ideas to force iCloud to update to be accurate?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    Hello, ladies and gentlemen. My name is Cazidin and today I ask one simple question.

    A fortnight ago, I realized my iCloud backup was taking up more space than I liked; and promptly deleted a few things.

    After a few days, the update did not sync. Figuring I could go a few more days without it, I deleted the whole backup and again waited.

    No change. My backup, which was deleted and is presumably non-existent for the past week, is still taking up over two GB of storage in the Apple stratosphere despite that should rightly, by now, be deleted.

    Trying one last thing, I turned backup on again and uploaded a much smaller set hoping that perhaps it was a magic cache error that simply needed a more forceful update annnnd.

    Still down two GB of storage from a backup exterminate the week and some odd days before.

    Have I simply been impatient and must wait longer, or is there some "trick" to correct this?

    Q&A

    Q1.) "Just buy more storage. It's cheap."

    A1.) "Thanks for the unsolicited upsell. Not interested."

    Q2.) "Have you tried looking online to see if others encountered a similar problem as your own?"

    A2.) "Yeah, but tragically came up with nothing. At least, nothing that worked."

    Q3.) Is this on iphone or ipad?

    A3.) It's an 8th gen iPad. I don't use Apple for my phone.

    submitted by /u/Cazidin
    [link] [comments]

    I used bleach on my macbook air 2017 charger and now it isn’t working when I plug it in. Is there any way to fix it?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    [SERIOUS QUESTION, I know it likely seems ridiculous]

    My macbook air charger has always worked but today I used bleach on it (I mistook the bleach bottle for disinfectant, which I also probably shouldn't have wanted to try either) and now it doesn't charge my macbook. Another, older charger works perfectly but I wonder if my charger will ever work again.

     

    I used the bleach on the end of the charger that plugs into the macbook which is obviously a horrible idea. Anyone know if it will start working again? I feel so annoyed at myself for doing this. I have an obsessive cleaning thing happening and the charger fell on the floor so i wanted to clean it... Anyway, it was such a bad idea.

    submitted by /u/PolarThoughts02
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad Pro rapid battery drain

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:07 PM PDT

    I have an iPad Pro 2020 and I have a problem where it the battery drain to 0 in a matter of minutes, whether it is fully charged or not. This has happened twice. Once, I left the house and forgot to turn it off and an hour or two later when I came back, the battery was depleted. And the second instance was today. I charged my iPad to 100 percent but forgot to turn it off. In the morning, the battery was completely depleted. Can somebody help?

    submitted by /u/gaabeast
    [link] [comments]

    How long to replace lost iphone

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    If you loose your iphone roughly how long will it take to get a replacement and get back into your icloud?

    submitted by /u/CattywampusCracker
    [link] [comments]

    Wife’s Mac Air suddenly started receiving 1200+ group texts from Thailand - WTF?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    Does Downloading A File Directly To Flash Drive Store It On The Hard Drive?

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:27 PM PDT

    So I have a ssd with a limited amount of write cycles

    I want to download big files like movies straight to my 256GB flash drive instead of my SSD to preserve it.

    As the file is downloading straight to the flash drive does the file get transferred to the hard drive first and then transferred to the usb drive?

    I'm downloading from: - bittorrent - Chrome -Safari

    submitted by /u/keyonholman4
    [link] [comments]

    Profiles/MDM wants to make changes. Is this a virus or some sort of malware? It has been coming up on my MacBook recently - I've done a virus scan with no results found. Tried searching it up online with no results!

    Posted: 21 Apr 2021 06:18 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel