• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    iPad Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread


    Weekly Discussion and Tech-Support Thread

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad' Discussion and Tech-Support Thread!

    Get help regarding any issues you might be having with your iPad, with your applications, your accessories, physical and software problems, etc. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assit you, so consider helping out others in the thread while you wait for assistance.

    Discuss here anything that's iPad related, but not post worthy.

    You may want to consider looking for similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous D&TS threads listed below, or by using the search bar, as chances are someone was in the same situation as you before. You can also contact Apple directly and freely through their Apple Support live chat, for real expertise.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread


    Click here to see past D&TS threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly 'What should I buy?' Thread

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to r/iPad's 'What Should I Buy?' Thread!

    Are you wondering which iPad is best for you, or if you should buy one in the first place? Are you hesitating between the 12.9" versus the 11"? Which keyboard/mouse should you get or what is the best screen protector out there? Are you looking for shipping information? This is the place to ask. Fellow redditors and members of the moderation team will do their best to assist you.

    Please, while you wait for an answer to your question, consider giving back to the community by helping out others in this thread.

    You may be able to find similar questions to the one you're about to ask, in previous WSIB threads listed below, or with the search bar, as chances are, someone was in the same situation as you before.


    Click here to see past WSIB threads.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Probable iPad event leaked by siri

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    Apple releases iOS 14.5 beta 8 to developers, public release expected soon

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:09 AM PDT

    Apple launch tips?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:05 PM PDT

    It's my first time buying an Apple item during launch. Any tips? Do they go up on the site right after the event? Ty in advance

    submitted by /u/wanderingmage_
    [link] [comments]

    Graphic Design Ipad

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    Does anyone know if there any graphic design classes I can take on my iPad? I dont have a laptop. Honestly I'm looking for any creative class I could take on my iPad in general.

    submitted by /u/Dora-la-whora
    [link] [comments]

    Are there ebook apps that support epub, pdf, as well as mobi and djvu?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:31 AM PDT

    I have a fairly large ebook collection, comprised of work documents, ebooks, and textbooks/monographs. As such, they're in fairly numerous filetypes. I've been looking for apps that support all of them (as well as, ideally, with pencil support, though this is ultimately less necessary than support for all major formats), but have had little luck. It seems like generally they'll support PDF + one other type. Any suggestions?

    Editing to add, I've converted every book to epub that I could but have a substantial amount that don't convert well or just plain break if converted, unfortunately.

    submitted by /u/AbjectOffice
    [link] [comments]

    Now I understand Magic Keyboard’s appeal

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:33 AM PDT

    Now I understand Magic Keyboard's appeal

    So I'm one of those people who thought Magic Keyboard was way way overpriced despite having seen so many posts about it being totally worth its price. I've a MacBook Pro 15" and this iPad Pro and almost always I prefer my MacBook over iPad.

    But today I came to library with the iPad Pro 12.9" (2018 Model) + Microsoft All in One Media Keyboard + Logitech MX Master 3 + HyperDrive DUO 7-in-2 and after only using it for 2-3 hours. I can already understand why people would want to buy a keyboard and trackpad for the iPad. Even though it's not on Mac level but you can get a lot done more done just by adding a keyboard and mouse.

    Don't get me wrong it still got a long way to go to be able to compete with a desktop os. Especially mouse support is meh, because navigation between home screens is not very smooth with a mouse and there are other minor things which if improved it could totally be a productive device on the level of Mac/Windows. But I suppose all these issues don't exist if you have Magic Keyboard. I can't afford it so I'll keep using it like this but if I could I'd totally but it.

    Also weird that Reddit app on iPadOS doesn't let you post text and photos in a same post and I just wasted more than half an hour figuring it out, in the end I'm posting it through Safari.

    iPad Pro 12.9" (2018 Model) + Microsoft All in One Media Keyboard + Logitech MX Master 3 + HyperDrive DUO 7-in-2

    submitted by /u/UnarmedSky
    [link] [comments]

    Just noticed the iPad Air 4 has a much darker shade of space gray compared to the MacBook Pro

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:09 AM PDT

    iPad 8 and DNS servers

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:37 AM PDT

    I was reading about DNS servers and how to change them to maybe Google's or Cloudfare's. On my Window's desktop I changed the IPv4 and IPv6 DNS. On my iPad, it only gives me the option to change IPv4. Is there an IPv6 option on the iPad somewhere?

    submitted by /u/Cold_Musician_170
    [link] [comments]

    New to Ipad - Having Nightmare Transferring Files

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:19 AM PDT

    I'm having a nightmare of a time trying to transfer large video files (10-20 gb) from my ipad to my Windows PC. I'm even willing to pay for a quality app. What are the best ways to transfer large files? I tried USB connecting my ipad to the PC, but it seems to time out/not respond. I've tried random free apps and they all seem to get stuck because the files are so large. Any help is appreciated.

    EDIT: I have figured this out. I had to change a setting "Keep Originals" should be checked, not "Automatic." This has stopped the timing out.

    submitted by /u/gimmedatcookie
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t watch some Youtube video’s in 1080p on iPad mini 2nd gen.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    There are some video's like videoclips or reviews that I can watch in 1080p but nearly all gameplay/playthrough video's are capped at 720p, I'm thinking this might have something to do with the 60fps mark or something. If I use twitch I can watch 1080p60 streams perfectly but on youtube I can't for some reason, is there a way to solve this?

    submitted by /u/rensvanhul
    [link] [comments]

    iPad database program

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:34 AM PDT

    Got an iPad Air 4 and looking for a database program. Something in the same style as Bento (simple version of FileMaker) and preferably also available on macOS.

    Anyone tips? Apps too look into?

    submitted by /u/jcdentontrowaway
    [link] [comments]

    Sling bag for iPad

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 10:17 AM PDT

    I am a operations manager for a company and majority of my management is done using an iPad. I am constantly up and down and am looking for a sling bag for iPad that I quickly store and take out as needed. Has anyone come across a must-have accessory as such.

    submitted by /u/anthonie07
    [link] [comments]

    People who own an iPad with Lidar, how often do you use it?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:10 AM PDT

    I was thinking about upgrading my iPad but I don't know if the cost will justify getting a new one just for lidar. I want to use it in some augmented reality projects but it's not necessary if the quality of the lidar is subpar

    submitted by /u/newjeison
    [link] [comments]

    Oc question: how tough is the glass screen and the display of ipad s in general?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 08:56 AM PDT

    I dropped a lid of a food container to my ipad 7th gen (with tempered glass), 5 inches from the air.

    Now mY oc kicks in again want to make sure everythings fine. (No physical damage, just the display and internals im worrying about)

    submitted by /u/josef_cruz93
    [link] [comments]

    iPad is a perfect tablet but an awful computer

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:33 PM PDT

    I've used iPads since the second iteration came out. I've had the iPad 2, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad 7, iPad Pro 2018 and iPad Pro 2020. They've always been awesome for note taking, drawing, playing videos, listening to music and answering mails, but ever since Apple started selling it as a Laptop replacement, my experience with it has been a mixed bag. I own the Magic Keyboard and use the iPad Pro 12.9 as a laptop. For most things like web browsing and lighter stuff it works flawlessly but man... sometimes it just fails miserably to do basic "computer things". The zoom app is just garbage, it stops the meeting and the camera at the slightest attempt of multitasking, google drive is just unusable, many apps like photoshop are stripped down to the point where they aren't even worth it and man... the file management is so underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I love my iPad, but if Apple is trying to make it do computer things and it fails to do them properly, it kind of makes the experience feel incomplete. To be fair, I think a lot of this has to do with app developers, but it's been some time now since iPads went "pro" and I feel like Apple slowed down a lot on their iPad lineup. On the other hand, M1 MacBooks look unbelievably good, I've used the MacBook Air and it makes me sad that Apple is no longer trying that hard with the iPad. Oh, 4:3 Aspect Ratio is kind of dumb btw.

    I'm hoping that the next iPad has more RAM to address some of these issues and that the next Magic Keyboard makes it a better laptop replacement.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/Miguelcisnerosp
    [link] [comments]

    Does everyone charge their device from 20% to 80%?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:02 AM PDT

    Just asking as iv heard its good for battery life. This is an expensive product so want it to last a few years at least.

    submitted by /u/hotvimto1
    [link] [comments]

    How good is the IPAD pro with an external screen?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    Hi, I have an old android box and because of android restrictions he can't output full-hd/4k content from a lot of video apps (netflix, hbo, disney+ etc), but otherwise it helps me a lot if other stuff (specially using my external hd, torrents etc). I also have an Ipad Pro 2018 11'' and I heard that with the proper USB-C - HDMI cable it can output 4k content. How good is the videostreaming with this setup? Can I really see this apps in full screen 4k using just my Ipad and a cable ?

    submitted by /u/Scaramussa
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel