• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    iPhone Accidentally dropped my iPhone 12 Pro into salt water

    iPhone Accidentally dropped my iPhone 12 Pro into salt water


    Accidentally dropped my iPhone 12 Pro into salt water

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:31 PM PST

    My phone was fully submerged for just about 3 seconds, and I immediately turned it off as soon as I picked it up.

    I did all I could to dry the phone out as soon as I got home.

    Turned it on after putting it in front of fan for 12 hours, everything's perfectly fine.

    Checked the LCI sticker (which will turn red if the phone has been water damaged), and it's still white.

    Should I still be worried? Can I charge my phone now?

    submitted by /u/daggeroutplease
    [link] [comments]

    search bar in safari not working?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:58 PM PST

    any time i try and search something in the bar in safari, it gets stuck loading (example: https://imgur.com/a/ZU1tbcS) and i have to reboot my phone in order for it to work again. this happens no matter if i change to a different search engine, tried clearing cache/history/cookies, force closing safari... and i end up having to reboot at least once a day in order to fix it. i don't have this problem at all on wifi, it's only when i'm using data.

    it's super frustrating and always happens at the WORST times (i have to search things up for work all the time) and then i'm stuck waiting 2-3 mins for my phone to reboot. i haven't heard of anyone else having these issues so i have no clue how to fix it. please help!!

    ETA: running ios14.4 on an iphone 12 pro

    submitted by /u/mikehaawk
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone storage value is wrong

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:42 PM PST

    Exactly what the title says

    submitted by /u/Good_quality_OwO
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know why some of my iCloud photos were restored and not others? (I already reached out to Apple support to no avail)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:24 PM PST

    I recently had to put my phone into recovery mode after my phone got stuck in a boot loop after trying to update itself (hard restart wouldn't work). Afterwards I signed into my iCloud and only some of my photos were restored. The confusing part is that I am missing the majority of this photos dating years back, but some photos taken as recently as last week were saved, why would some photos be saved and some not? I had the 50GB plan on iCloud so I definitely had plenty of storage. How could this be?

    submitted by /u/jclines12
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XS silent key flips back on by itself

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:40 PM PST

    I inherited an older iPhone XS (iOS 14.4) and the prior owner always had silent mode on full time. Now when I flip it off, it switches back instantly by itself.

    This seems to be a hardware issue because it happens even if the phone is powered off. The only difference is I don't get the haptic vibrate when it flips back.

    Wedging it open with a toothpick means I get sound as expected, otherwise it flips back instantly.

    I've tried cleaning the area with alcohol, picking at it with a needle in case there is lint (someone online suggested this but it apparently is just a good way to scratch it), and keeping it forced open all day long to see if that helps. So far no real change.

    For a proper fix I think we'll have to open the phone which seems annoying, so is there a software fix to override this switch? None of the stock settings seem to let it make sound, except for alarms and speaker phone. Or is there another fix that I've overlooked?

    submitted by /u/Mudcaker
    [link] [comments]

    My battery capacity increased.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:33 PM PST

    I use an iPhone XS Max and recently my motherboard was damaged. There are no official Apple servicing centers where I live so I fixed it at a servicing center I found on google. Everything is working fine since I got it back yesterday but my battery max capacity increased from 87% to 91% even though I didn't pay for a battery replacement so I'm a little worried if they swapped my genuine batter for a fake one since battery capacity should not increase like this. Is this normal or is something wrong?

    submitted by /u/dead____eyes
    [link] [comments]

    updating

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:06 PM PST

    my phone is currently updating without giving me a warning how do i stop it?

    submitted by /u/Apprehensive-Ad6329
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone using a crazy amount of data...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:09 PM PST

    So recently, Comcast decided they were going to put a cap on our monthly internet usage. With that, I purchased Eero secure that gives me info on what devices are using the most data. For some reason, my daughter's iPhone is off the charts with the amount of data it's using. In a house with 40+ devises her phone averages around 25% of total data usage- almost 40 gb on some weeks. She installed an app that shows exactly what's using the data on her phone, but unfortunately "unknown apps" is using the majority of her data. All the apps that she uses show up along with data being used- Marco Polo, Facebook etc There's something going on in the background of her phone using all this data, I'm just not sure what it is or how to fix it.
    Thanks for why insight

    submitted by /u/CrazyTownVA
    [link] [comments]

    What is the default music player on iphone x?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:34 PM PST

    And how do i put it on homescreen? I just added some music on my files, and i want that music player accessible from the homescreen. When i click it, it plays, but i can't see any option to add the music player to homescreen.

    submitted by /u/1PennyHardaway
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 wont update or open some apps IOS 14.4

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:43 PM PST

    I have checked and have 3 gigabytes of storage and have cleared cache before restarting and still does not update ( all apps) or open (instagram whatsapp/facebook)

    submitted by /u/Vanguard-27
    [link] [comments]

    Picking apps on the share sheet?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:25 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 11, with iOS 14.4. When I hit the share button, I want to pick which apps show up. I know you can edit the apps that show up first, but the ones I want aren't even in the "suggested" apps! I mostly use Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook. How can I get those to be share options?

    submitted by /u/FaradaySaint
    [link] [comments]

    Lost or stolen iphone X

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:26 PM PST

    My son lost /stolen iphone X. He only has one apple device and I can't get passed the 2 step authentication to log into another device to try and find his original phone. It has american service but is lost in Mexico...

    submitted by /u/gtrdundave2
    [link] [comments]

    My calendar app is warning me of a data leak. Says my info has been ‘exposed to everyone’.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:11 PM PST

    What do I make of this?

    submitted by /u/Apocafeller
    [link] [comments]

    No storage!!!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:28 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 6s. I have only a coupon of apps and no photos on my phone yet 31.** GB of my 32GB is being taken up by "Other". I've reset the phone and somehow that seems to have made it worse. I'm so frustrated. What can I do? Why is this happening?

    submitted by /u/breccaw
    [link] [comments]

    Find my iPhone is OFF, can it be formatted and create new account?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:17 AM PST

    If (find my iPhone) is turned off, I repeat, turned OFF, can the phone be formatted? Not restored, formatted.

    It should allow to create a new account or will it ask for old one if password is forgotten? 🤔

    submitted by /u/aalmosawi
    [link] [comments]

    Help

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:01 PM PST

    My iPhone 11 keeps lowering its volume on its own, I'll just be watching videos and it'll drop the volume all the way down, and when I try to raise it back up it lowers on its own, anyone know how to fix it?

    submitted by /u/jonwerd
    [link] [comments]

    Battery health issues

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:37 PM PST

    Hi, i have iPhone 11 purchased on march last year was not really used much since 2 months ago when i started using it for everyday use (i have 153 cycles out of 250 aprox for a year old phone) and my battery health was 99% until the start of the february when it dropped to 98, literally 4 days later it dropped to 97 and 10 days after that (aprox) to 96%. Should i be concerned if battery is damaged or something? Will this keep going? I am babying my phone charging it on 20%-95%~ trying my best to save battery health but after aprox 7-10 cycles i seem to lose percent. Now people will say its normal to lose 4% after 1 year but it feels not normal to lose 3 percent in 3 weeks, saw few people having similar issue, just looking for an answer. I am from Serbia and we do not support apple customer service yet. I checked my battery health using 3u.com app since i do not own a mac, but it seems as correct as mac app coconut battery.

    submitted by /u/dobrijevicl
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi speeds very slow but not in Flight Mode

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:07 AM PST

    For a few weeks, the wifi speed on my iPhone 12 with the newest IOS (14.4) has unusable wifi speeds (0.9MBps) our wifi should have 30-40MBps. On my pc connected via Lan its completly normal on my Laptop via WIFI to. Just on my IPhone the speeds are terrible. I already tried disabling WIfi assist and resetting wifi settings also tried resetting my router. Nothing worked. I hope someone can help me

    submitted by /u/_Om3ga
    [link] [comments]

    iphone Xr battery problem

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:06 PM PST

    I bought a used iphone xr last week in perfect condition. It has all original components and has never been disassembled or repaired. It has not the slightest scratch or any signs of use. Its battery is 89% and here comes the problem. The battery lasts me less than 3 hours on sot (2,5 hours). Is this normal? At 2pm I already have to look for a charger and charge it. :( Mobile data, bluetooth, background app refresh and location services are disabled. I also have icloud sync and Siri listening disabled. I am not using fast charging. I don't know what I am doing wrong and what else I could do. Is the only solution to replace the battery with a brand new one? I was thinking that if it's 89%, it will still last me a while, especially since I don't have the money to replace it right now. I was so excited to have a great phone that would last me a long time and I am very disappointed right now. What else could I do to extend the battery life?

    submitted by /u/norikot
    [link] [comments]

    I cannot play files from my iPhone and might just lose important videos

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:14 AM PST

    I've transferred files directly from the iPhone to a Windows PC trough usb, and now cannot play a single one of them. They are MOV and MP4 so it should be playable on any media player. The player says it's an error but it played just fine on the iPhone, is it some encryption?

    submitted by /u/3ddcm
    [link] [comments]

    importing photos

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:08 AM PST

    hi so after many years I switched back to iphone from android and imported my photos and videos, when I checked there are some photos that haven't been imported to my iphone, anyone knows why?

    submitted by /u/ASHKK11
    [link] [comments]

    Are Instagram stories supported for iPhone4?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:16 AM PST

    I'm doing some research and wondering if anyone knows if Instagram stories show on iPhone 4 or if the latest version of Instagram for a 4 doesn't support the story feature?

    If it doesn't, does anyone know the oldest iPhone that supports stories on Instagram? I think it would be a 5 but want to double check

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/designguy93
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to connect my PS5 controller to my iPhone 8 plus

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:32 AM PST

    I've watched multiple videos on how to connect a PS5 controller to an iPhone and some say to go to the switch control and turn it on but when I go to switch control it doesn't let me turn it on (I'm on iOS 14.4). Also, when I try to connect the controller through bluetooth it connects for a split second then turns off and disconnects.

    Any help would be appreciated :)

    submitted by /u/slipperys0ap
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot password to iphone XS while setting it up- LOCKED OUT

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:26 AM PST

    I recently purchased a second hand iphone XS and set a password that I thought was memorable at the time. didn't completely set up the phone and left it for a week as I was extremely busy and I could not remember the pattern, eventually got locked out. I did not upload from the icloud/ itunes so there is nothing on it and it's not linked to either.

    I see that there are youtube videos on how to reset an iphone, are any trustworthy? Any recommendations? I can not call Apple for help due to it being a second-hand phone.

    Many thanks in advance!!

    submitted by /u/DissolvedGirl20
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to backup the photos and videos of a locked iphone?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:06 AM PST

    My ip8 was prompted a few days ago that i need to change password so i did. Just a while agoy fingerprint doesn't work for some reason so i tried restarting it and somehow I seem to "forgot" the new password as the password i think i put in is not working.

    Is there a way to at least backup the photos and videos before I just reset everything? My cloud only backups 5GB.

    I have another ipad that's working with the same apple id if that helps.

    submitted by /u/melperz
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel