• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    Apple Macbook Hidden macOS Features

    Apple Macbook Hidden macOS Features


    Hidden macOS Features

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:08 AM PST

    What's a (Reasonably) futureproof Macbook? Typing from a 2012 13 inch MacBook pro.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:16 PM PST

    Hey guys, so I have one of those typical questions but hear me out

    I have this macbook that's been great to me since 2012, it was my only computer for years, I did all my schoolwork and gaming on it and I never needed more in terms of power. At the moment I now have built a higher end gaming PC, so I don't even need that much from a laptop, just something for general browsing, word processing, some hobby photo editing, but over the years my MacBook has slowly died to the point where replacing/fixing everything that's broken would cost me well over the cost of buying the same 2012 MacBook on the used market. What kills me the most is the broken screen and speakers, the slowness and hangups I could live with, but I still don't find much point in paying over 300 bucks to fix an almost 10 year old machine.

    Is an M1 Macbook a safe choice for the next 10 years or so? I'm a little worried because a 10 year old iPad is now almost useless today, I don't know if the Macbooks will have the same fate.

    The other choice is a 2017 or thereabouts Macbook pro non touch bar. Those have replaceable SSDs and they can boot windows, which could possibly keep it alive for longer. I'd appreciate an opinion.

    submitted by /u/throwthegarbageaway
    [link] [comments]

    I decided to try out photoshop on the air and it was amazing!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:00 PM PST

    SSD issues in M1 - should I halt my purchase?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:12 PM PST

    In light of the SSD issues affecting M1 and a few intel ones, should I postpone my purchase?

    submitted by /u/AliveandDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Screen tearing on internal screen

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:10 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I have problem with screen tearing on my macbook. It appeared at the bottom first and expanded to fullscreen then was black after few minutes. But it just happen on internal screen, when I plugged with external screen, there is nothing happened.

    This issue just emerged whenever I used any apps that need rendering function such as watching Youtube, Zoom, Game (Dont starve together) or Simulator (but it didn't happen usually).

    Does anybody know about this and how to resolve issue? Thank in advance.

    Mac Model: - Macbook Pro (13 inch, 2017, touchbar) - GPU: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536MB - macOS 11.2.2

    submitted by /u/tobi931998
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally agreed to update my old macbook to Big Sur.. but turned it off mid-update

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:32 PM PST

    Accidentally agreed to update my old macbook to Big Sur.. but turned it off mid-update

    Hey guys,

    I accidentally agreed to a new update when restarting my computer and saw it started to update. I immediately turned it off and was able to get to my old OS (Mojave) upon turning it on again.

    However, looks like the update is partially downloaded and is stuck on the boot screen (when holding the "option" key to turn it on). I think my Macbook is just waiting when I'm away from the computer to update it during sleep.. not ready to buy a new laptop yet.

    How do I completely get rid of this?

    Specs: MBP 2015, 2.2 Ghz, i7

    https://preview.redd.it/uz1gk4jtzak61.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=adc4eb1c45f409a25ae7137e3b125f417b8b8a10

    submitted by /u/PhaseOld5800
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Mac Users Report Excessive SSD Wear

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:53 PM PST

    Ipad(sidecar) freezes after some time

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:26 PM PST

    I have an MBP 13" and Im using my iPad(8th gen) as second monitor via sidecar. When I don't use it for around 15 minutes, the screen freezes. To make it work again, I disconnect and connect but its a hassle since I primarily use the second screen to monitor our chat..

    Anyone experiencing this as well? Any workaround?

    submitted by /u/gabzprime
    [link] [comments]

    How To Use Your iPhone as a Mac Webcam.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 09:26 AM PST

    Hypothetical question

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:41 PM PST

    I have an older MacBook in decent condition and I was wondering if the Mac mini could be attached to it. That is, I'd use the MacBook's keyboard and display but the Mac mini's CPU. I've tried looking for tips on how to connect the two with no success. Does that mean it is designed to prevent that?

    submitted by /u/ComprehensiveNote755
    [link] [comments]

    Chromium browser of choice?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:30 PM PST

    Hi all, I love safari, but am wondering if everyone here uses Edge or Brave? Brave is currently my default - to be able to use things like Netflix party and other Chrome extensions. I've been impressed with edge on windows, but I feel off about possibly using it on Mac. What browser do y'all use? Does anyone here use Edge?

    submitted by /u/Gryffinclaw
    [link] [comments]

    Big sur 11.2.2 lagging

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:34 AM PST

    I have a 2019 macbrook pro (the base model). It came with Catalina. I upgraded to Big Sur 11.2.2 yesterday and it's very laggy. I notice it especially when I'm typing. Has anyone noticed this?

    How can I downgrade to Big Sur 11.2.1 or back to Catalina?

    submitted by /u/Electrical_Chard_495
    [link] [comments]

    does anyone know how to delete or change an app in screen time?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:03 PM PST

    Sprayed some screen cleaning solution (containing deionized water) on Macbook Pro 13" M1's screen by mistake.... any problems?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:25 AM PST

    Hi,

    I sprayed a small quantity of a screen-cleaning solution, with deionized water, at 2-3 points on my Macbook Pro 13" M1's screen, only later realizing, after reading the instructions on the back, that I am supposed to spray the solution on the provided cloth and use that to clean the screen. Would or could there be any problem? After realizing how I am supposed to clean it, I did it the right way. The screen is fine, there are no issues that I can see, but I am a little concerned. Should I be concerned?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/authenticinoctober
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macs partition

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:06 AM PST

    How well do the new M1 Macs work with windows partition?

    submitted by /u/usernamelalop
    [link] [comments]

    Heavy Programs?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 10:05 AM PST

    Hi, just wondering whether heavy programs can lead to deterioration of battery life. I got my MacBook Pro a few months ago (before M1) and sometimes I use programs that turn the fans into jet engines. Would this deteriorate battery life?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Adeptness_9948
    [link] [comments]

    IDM alternative for MacOs with video grabber from websites functionality

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:48 AM PST

    Is there any alternative for Internet Download Manager (IDM) for windows on MacOs Big Sur especially IDM's video grabbing feature where if you would play any videos on a website , it will automatically show "download with IDM" box over the video.

    Its a very nifty feature that was present within IDM for windows. I am unable to find any other true alternatives for this. Already tried Flox, Jdownloader, XDM but none has that feature especially.

    Can anyone recommend something like IDM for mac?

    submitted by /u/justshubh
    [link] [comments]

    My trackpad is moving slightly when I press it.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I recently bought m1 macbook air and I have been using it for the past 2 weeks. Overall I enjoy using it. It's a great machine. But today I noticed that my trackpad is moving when I press it( mostly in the sides of the trackpad) but it's working perfectly. Do I need to be worried for this or is this normal for macbooks cuz it's my first ever laptop!

    submitted by /u/oldmanamar
    [link] [comments]

    About two weeks ago I brought a Apple MacBook Pro 13-inch with M1 chip, 256GB SSD. And whenever I’m using Safari to watch Netflix and Disney+ I keep getting a message that says...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:05 AM PST

    "This webpage is using significant memory. Closing it may improve the responsiveness of your Mac." and it sometimes reloads the page. Does anyone have this problem or know how to solve it. I've cleared my history, cache and cookies and nothing works. By the way this is my first MacBook.

    submitted by /u/mayorlazlo
    [link] [comments]

    Obviously the first of many !

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:47 AM PST

    Any user of Moshi iGlaze Hardshell OR Thule Vectros for MacBook? I am worried of the small clips that might scratch the MacBook. Feedback from real users please. Which is better? This is the face off for me.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:42 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel