• Breaking News

    Tuesday, March 2, 2021

    Apple Macbook MacBook Air - Big Sur problems

    Apple Macbook MacBook Air - Big Sur problems


    MacBook Air - Big Sur problems

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:36 PM PST

    My programs keep quitting unexpectedly after updating the system to big sur. I didn't have any problems prior that so it's a bit frustrating. I own a 2015 MacBook Air. **updated because a program I needed require it.

    Is anyone else having the same issue? Or any solutions to this problem?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/sahe7
    [link] [comments]

    Still going strong after almost 6 years.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:30 AM PST

    I downloaded Big Sur 11.2.1 two days ago and it's a nightmare. I'm no longer able to choose where my Word docs are saved. Has anyone else experienced this? How can I fix it?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:09 PM PST

    It feels as if the Big Sur OS is a direct enemy of MS Word. I'm a writer and rely very heavily on the ability to name text docs and save them to specific folders. I no longer have these options. Instead, I'm forced to save every text doc onto my desktop. The "save" window simply doesn't allow me to select any other options. The buttons are there, but they don't respond when I click them.

    Have you experienced this? Have you found any work-arounds or other solutions? Many thanks!

    submitted by /u/mirthquake
    [link] [comments]

    Slow wifi download speed Macbook Air M1

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 11:57 PM PST

    I have this new Macbook Air M1 and while i was downloading a file from youtube i saw that the download speed was pretty meagre(5MBps). For reference i have a 300 Mbps connection and while doing speedtest i get around 280+Mbps on macbook.

    Its quite strange because if i download the same file on either my android or my other PC i get download at full capacity (30+ MBps).

    I have also checked by downloading through youtube-dl, downie, browser etc but no imporvement in download speed.

    submitted by /u/justshubh
    [link] [comments]

    m1 macbook wont turn on without power chord.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:31 PM PST

    i spilled coffee on my m1 macbook pro and now it wont turn on without the power chord connected .anyone else facing the same problem .

    submitted by /u/Far_Show_8871
    [link] [comments]

    OS X Recovery Modes Not Available, How Else May I ERASE This MBA?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Model: MacbookAir, 11-inch, Mid 2013, i5, 2gb RAM, OS X 10.8.5 (mountain lion)

    Machine only boots in SAFE MODE, and the 0, P, : keys do not work. From terminal: Diskutil List shows there is a recovery partition but I cannot seem to access it, and I don't know what else to do here?

    NOTE: i have created a bootable usb disk but can't got into recovery or startup disk so its useless right?

    - pressing cmd+R does nothing, even when using a WIRED windows keyboard
    - pressing right side cmd+R boots into Internet Recovery, loads screen and then errors out
    - pressing alt/option key boots the MBA into normal mode directly with no startup disk select option
    - pressing T does nothing, boots into the safe mode
    - can't reset PRAM because the P key does not work, wired keyboard has zero results as well

    Anyone else have any other ideas or suggestions?

    Meanwhile as I was typing this, I was somehow able to update to EL Capitan now(started it aprox 30mins ago and just finished), but still unable to erase this MBA.

    submitted by /u/Spicehead-53186
    [link] [comments]

    I hit my the corner of my phone onto the screen, how do I fix this?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:16 PM PST

    How to reach advertised read/write speeds of Sandisk Extreme Pro on MBP M1?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:27 PM PST

    Bought the SanDisk Extreme PRO Portable SSD which advertises read/write speeds of up to 2000 MB/s, but Blackmagic Disk Speed Test shows the drive capping out at ~700 MB/s (35% of advertised performance). I am plugging it in via USB-C and the drive is rated as USB 3.2 Gen 2x2.

    Any way to get these speeds higher? There a few posts that mention using Thunderbolt 3 enclosures, but I don't see why that's better than directly plugging into my MBP M1. Help is appreciated!

    Links:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/mac/comments/k7fhq4/m1_usb_max_speed/

    https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/usb-on-m1-macs-isnt-actually-10gb-s-also-definitely-not-usb4.2269777/

    [EDIT]
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bGFKhHjvmo&t=300s

    submitted by /u/quantum1125
    [link] [comments]

    What is the default video player for macbook?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 04:10 PM PST

    I am a lifelong windows user switching to macbook. What is the default video player? In windows it is films & TV. Surely not quicktime or VLC right?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/AliveandDrive
    [link] [comments]

    sticky keys without spilling anything?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:48 PM PST

    Hi guys so I have a MacBook Air 2017 so its fairly new. Ive never spilt anything on my keyboard and my keys are suddenly sticky?? Im very confused and the only explanation I can think off is that the disinfectant wipe that I used to wipe down my keyboard somehow caused this. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean/fix the keys so they aren't sticky anymore.

    submitted by /u/secto10
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I have problems with installing Window 10 on Macbook with Bootcamp and I don't know how to set it up because never did this before, can you give me some advice?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:46 PM PST

    Once I have both OSX and then Windows 10 on bootcamp, can I see/modify the files of other partition when I use the macOS ?

    And I'm able to see/modify the files of OSX partition when I use the Windows 10 ?

    Can I do 3 partition: 1 with macOS, 1 with bootcamp Windows, 1 exFat only for having files so I can access them from both the operative systems? And in this case will I have the same speed to access files as if I had them directly in the partition of the OS I'm using at that moment?

    Thank you in advance for all your help and suggestions!!

    submitted by /u/john25mr
    [link] [comments]

    Weird Wifi issue with MacBook Air 2020

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:55 PM PST

    I changed my Asus 3100 from 'standard' to AiMesh the other day. Added my AC1900 as a node and all seems fine, except! My 2020 MacBook Air won't connect to the internet on 5Ghz.

    It will connect, says it has a self assigned ip6 IP address then kicks out and asks for a password.

    connecting to 2.4ghz, I get connected instantly. no issues.

    Mac mini 2020, and both MacBook Pro 2018 models work fine on 5ghz too. its JUST this MacBook Air that's being a pest

    just went into the other room with the Wifi node, and it connected at 5ghz - walked back and it lost the connection and failed over to 2.4ghz

    reset the computer, deleted the preferred network. I assigned it an address and it will connect to 5ghz but then I can't go anywhere "You are not connected to the internet"

    Running Synology as a DHCP server.

    Anyone run into this before?

    submitted by /u/slvrscoobie
    [link] [comments]

    Poor battery life on M1 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:01 PM PST

    how is everyone able to get so much battery life?

    just browsing safari, using Microsoft word and writing papers my battery is only lasting for 8-9 hours. I see other people doing similar things and they are getting 14-16 hours.

    My screen brightness stays around 40-50%. Sometimes a bit lower once it gets dark outside.

    I don't see any huge battery hogs in Activity monitor. My highest CPU usage items are WindowServer (133) and kernel_task (0)

    Is my unit defective? should I contact apple?

    submitted by /u/rilehb
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, 2017) Battery/Charging Problems

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:59 AM PST

    My 2017 MacBook has been experiencing some weird issues regarding its battery and charging. It doesn't seem to be charging, in the top right corner of the screen at the battery indicator there is a plug over the battery silhouette instead of the lightning bolt, and occasionally it will switch to the bolt, but the battery percentage won't go up.

    I've been through the health information in System Report > Power, and it says, Cycle Count: 908; Condition: Normal. I restarted and ran diagnostics and it said everything was working as it should. This all started happening after updating to Bug Sur 11. The Apple Support people tried to con me into getting it repaired for $200, even though I've since seen computers with a higher cycle count and worse condition working better than mine is. Any pointers or quick fixes?

    submitted by /u/IssaKillerRabbit
    [link] [comments]

    I can't disable the trackpad on my MacBook Pro and it's driving me nuts

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:56 AM PST

    Problem solved: it's now located under "pointer control."

    I have a MacBook Pro 2019 with the Big Sur 11.2.1 OS.

    All Google results point me to an option in system preferences ("ignore built-in trackpad") that doesn't exist. I believe the problem is that they got rid of this option (WHY?!?!) and I guess now the trackpad just disables itself when there's a mouse detected. My mouse is one of the USB non-Apple ones so the computer doesn't detect it. No, I'm not going to use an Apple mouse because I'm a designer and need a specific mouse to be able to work.

    Is there anything I can do? If there's nothing I can do through the computer, what would I use to cover this stupid trackpad so it doesn't work?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/marvelousmrsmuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Cracked MBA's Bezel, HELP!! I accidentally closed my MacBook with the headphone jack sitting in the middle of the screen and keyboard. I just got it last month, I'm gutted by this. I don't even have enough money to get the whole screen replaced, if I tape it/put a sticker on it will it work?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 10:30 AM PST

    Something spilled on my MacBook in the middle of the night - freaking out.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:43 AM PST

    I am absolutely bewildered and scared shitless. It definitely got into the keyboard and the keys are sticky now. It's dried. What am I supposed to do? is this the beginning of the end for my MacBook?

    submitted by /u/CrazyShitThrowAway12
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook PRO M1 - screen doesnt work and shows lines

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:31 AM PST

    Is it safe now to use Hubs with Power Delivery on a MacBook Air M1 (because of 11.2.2 patch)?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:07 AM PST

    Hello guys, I would like to purchase MacBook M1, but I would need to use it with a Hub - I plan to connect it to 4K screen by USB-C -> Display Port (which will permanently use one port) and I need to use my wired mouse and keyboard (which I wished to use on Hub) - that leaves no port for direct charging. I have been using Green Cell USB 7 in 1 on my current MacBook 12 and charging it (while using keyboard and mouse by a hub) without any issues - but I know it has been a major issue with M1's. But because they patched it, I am now again thinking about picking M1. Is it safe now to use Power Delivery hubs with MacBook Air M1?

    submitted by /u/skend24
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MacBook Pro screen malfunction help needed

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:28 AM PST

    For months, occasionally my screen would get this vertical strip of colors blocking that part of the screen. When I would move the screen around sometimes it would flash, and eventually go away. Now my screen is just totally black. **But still backlit** So now I have it plugged into an external monitor and everything else works fine. Is there anything I can try other than bringing it to a technician?

    submitted by /u/Saxobone
    [link] [comments]

    it's pretty. it really is. (space grey, not rose gold) (mandatory post after replacing a late 2014 rocket launcher) (M1 MBA, 16gb, yes get the extra ram its worth it)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:10 AM PST

    Question : My MacBook Air (Mid 2015) isn’t charging suddenly. What are the chances that the problem is the laptop itself?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:45 AM PST

    I currently have third-party (in other words—premium fake) MagSafe charger because my original one broke. It worked really well and it has been a year since I bought it. But suddenly the charger stopped working when I was supposed to use it this morning. Now I have a 0% battery on my Mac. What are the chances that the problem is the unit and not the charger? I have another one on the way and now I am worried that my Mac is the problem.

    submitted by /u/lancaster_crosslight
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook internet safety?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:59 AM PST

    Hey, I've just bought MBA M1 and I've been on it for like 10 hours or so all together. I've been windows user since I got my fist PC back in like 2002 and I never had any problems with viruses or anything. Just today, my facebook has been sending stuff on messenger and sharing stuff on my wall. This has not happened before buying MBA. What would be the best way to secure it so this doesn't happen?

    submitted by /u/Whiefull
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel