• Breaking News

    Friday, March 5, 2021

    Apple Macbook I finally got my Mac in!

    Apple Macbook I finally got my Mac in!


    I finally got my Mac in!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 12:12 PM PST

    M1 air battery at 99%

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:27 PM PST

    It might be a stupid question but I am geneunly curious...

    So its been 2 months since I got my very first MacBook (base M1 Air), after using it for 2 months my battery capacity reached to 99%.... so is this a good sign or is it concerning?

    submitted by /u/00__________00
    [link] [comments]

    Fledging Shell Thunder TB3 drive I use with my M1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:15 PM PST

    this mark won’t come off i thought it was fingerprints from where i open the laptop but i wiped it with a micro fibre cloth and it’s not seeming to come off how can i get rid? is this normal?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:53 AM PST

    Airplay on M1 MBP Issues

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:00 PM PST

    Hi all, so recently I was using airplay on my M1 MBP and it worked..for a little bit. I was just watching Promised Neverland and it worked well for one episode, then while watching the next episode, I was presented with a frozen screen on the Samsung and it switched to my last input used, yet the video was fine on my MBP. I have a Samsung TU7000 with Airplay 2 built-in. I played the same exact vid on my old intel MBA, 2015, no issues with airplay. Is anyone experiencing the same or similar issue?

    submitted by /u/mymymel0dy
    [link] [comments]

    Why does a USB flash drive disable my internet? MacBook Pro 13 2019.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:02 PM PST

    So at home I use a cheap dongle I got off of Amazon and it works fine, from HDMI to USB-A devices to external HDDs. No problem.

    But at school I use a small USBA to C converter for flash drives. It connects fine and I can use the flash drive flawlessly. Files transfer back and forth perfectly.

    BUT for whatever reason my internet simply stops working when I have it connected. Pull it out my wifi is right back online. Pop it in, no mas. Whether I have the MacBook plugged into power or not doesn't matter. The stick kills the internet.

    Is this an issue anyone else is facing? Is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/MyManD
    [link] [comments]

    I am just impressed on how well the MacBook Air M1 is handling League of Legends on such an impressive processor!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:08 AM PST

    Hello!, I'm thinking to buy a case for my future macbook air M1 16 GB (it's in delivery) and I do not know what is the model number and I would like to know if cases are good for the macbooks. What is your experience?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:58 PM PST

    I belive the model is A2337 but I am not sure.

    submitted by /u/camusz_
    [link] [comments]

    dinosaur macbook air still has above 85% battery health after 1,024 cycles!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:07 AM PST

    MB Air M1 for $899 or 2016 MBP for $600?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 02:05 PM PST

    Hey! So I am/was planning to get one of the new Macbook Pros that drop later this year. However, my current machine died on me last night... so I am in need of a replacement. Unfortunate timing, I know. Wishing it could've lasted until the new ones come out.

    However, I'm curious what you all would do in this situation.

    I am still planning to get the new one when it comes out, so at that time I'd sell whichever one I get in the interim.

    I have the option to get an "old" machine from my employer. It's a 2016 Macbook Pro, 13 inch. 8gb Ram, 256gb storage. I can get that for $600.

    Or, I could go with one of the Macbook models from the store. I'm thinking since I only need it to last me for 6 months or so before selling it, I'll probably just go for the Air. But I still could get the Macbook Pro. If I go with the Air, it's $899 (or $75/month since I have an Apple Card, though I'd pay like double that so I could pay it off before the new ones come out so I could sell it at that time). This also has 8gb ram, 256gb storage. But, it has the M1 chip.

    What would you do in this situation? I typically just stream a lot to my TV, browse the web, do light work on it... Photoshop, Sketch, etc. Nothing too intensive on its own, but I typically have a lot of programs/tabs open at once for work things.

    Let me know! Thank you so much.

    submitted by /u/al_cj
    [link] [comments]

    Force mac to only display one display at a time on the M1

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 05:18 PM PST

    So I use a USB C dock to dock my MBA to my monitor and the rest of my peripherals. It sits in my room most of the time. However sometimes I don't need that extra realestate and would prefer to just use the MBA itself (Like a quick google or something, there is also delay in the monitor turning on) . When I open the display on default the monitor will act as a second display, but as I mentioned before sometimes I don't want that and would rather have the monitor off.

    I also don't prefer using both anyways I prefer the 1440p scaling on the monitor and the 1080p scaling on the mac, but you can only have one scaling or the other. As such I would prefer one display to be on or the other, not both at once. So if I clamshell, the monitor displays, if I open it then the display turns off and the mac displays.

    You might say just unplug the USB C cord, but I would still like my bookshelf speakers to be hooked up and if I do it multiple times a day, it could lead to excessive wear on the port so I would rather a software based solution. Unfortunately I can't just turn the monitor off either as the monitor is the dock, so it will cut all signals off.

    As far as I am aware there is no option in the settings, so you will have to use a 3rd party software. I have heard SwitchResX can work, but I'm not sure if there is M1 support and the fact that it is paid software. I've tried freeware called DisableMonitor but that didn't work either.

    If there is no solution, it's no big deal I can always AUX cord it, but if there is then it would be appreciated.

    https://github.com/Eun/DisableMonitor/releases/tag/G1.92

    https://www.madrau.com/srx_whatitis/whatitis.html

    submitted by /u/Jsee_101
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck on wallpaper whenever I try to restart my 2020 MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:27 PM PST

    Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, do any of you know a potential fix? It's quite frustrating.

    Please stop downvoting without pointing to relevant information.

    submitted by /u/BilobShaggins
    [link] [comments]

    Epic games launcher crashing

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:49 PM PST

    Hey there, i did something stupid, it seems. I saw borderlands 3 is supposed to work with rosetta on m1, so i decided to get it on Epic Games store. Unfortunately i did this BEFORE i downloaded the epic launcher, which now seems to crash everytime i try tonstart it, so i cannt download nor play the game i just purchased.

    I have an m1 air, . Any idea how to fix this? Couldnt find something in their FAQs though.

    Error message is like: "We have encountered an issue we can not recover from and must exit. There could be a number of or reasons for this." Lol wtf

    submitted by /u/shimlah
    [link] [comments]

    GPU Throttling MBA M1 7 GPU Cores - does a Thermal Pad help?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:39 PM PST

    Hi Guys,

    I've seen multiple videos of the Thermal Pad mod helping CPU thermals of the MBA M1 to MBP level, but can someone confirm it also helps GPU performance?

    submitted by /u/2gud2bbad
    [link] [comments]

    2015 MacBook Air keyboard not working

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:19 PM PST

    The lights turn on and only the power button works, has this happened to anyone?

    submitted by /u/DHC1020
    [link] [comments]

    Odd ethernet issue when using Edge browser

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:30 PM PST

    When using Edge as my browser on Mac, if I do a network intensive task, such as run a speedtest, it crashes my eithernet connection until I power cycle the Thunderbolt 3 dock. The same speedtest does not do this in Safari. WiFi also does not do this. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Kirk1233
    [link] [comments]

    MacBooks are becoming too good!!

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 11:59 AM PST

    I have a windows laptop. While i was doing a research for buying it, I realized how much windows laptops lack in things. You have to sacrifice something for another, you want battery life in windows laptop? Say goodbye to power! And vice versa. It's so confusing that there's nothing in between. Unfortunately i was so biased to Apple that I didn't research more about MacBooks. Now I really regret it. MacBooks are really in between every category you need in a laptop: battery life, performance, style, durability, reliability. I'm pretty sure my next laptop will be a MacBook Air, no doubt.

    submitted by /u/dannyparker123
    [link] [comments]

    Like this, but bigger to accommodate MBP 15

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:23 AM PST

    Like this, but bigger to accommodate MBP 15

    https://preview.redd.it/mpx8bddwu8l61.jpg?width=1492&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=d55ba6e8037054a60eb735d09a39b2e4495605ad

    I have this one but in 8x11 size, perfect for MacBook 12".

    I am looking for a size of 10x14 (or similar size) to fit MacBook Pro 15".

    submitted by /u/joshjg1
    [link] [comments]

    Silent clicking option M1 MBP

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:13 AM PST

    Hi everyone, Does you macbook pro m1 have a silent clicking option in the trackpad settings?

    submitted by /u/sleepiboiii
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my MacBook Air 2018

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:05 AM PST

    Hai guys!

    I've a question regarding the battery of my MacBook Air. Lately I've been using my MacBook only at home and only at my desk.

    The number of my current charging cycle is 284, and it seems to me that this laptop is starting to get old. My question is, is it worthy to use my MacBook always attached to his charger? in order to preserve battery life and reduce charging cycle? I should also mention that I never use "heavy" programs, so it usually doesn't overheat.

    submitted by /u/HeskariotHH
    [link] [comments]

    Advice on display for M1 MBA

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:16 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I'm a student and my daily driver is the M1 MacBook Air. I've recently started looking into adding a display to my desk since I spend a lot of hours doing university related work. I would like to get something that would be a worthy investment, but I also don't want to spend more than I need to in order to get the specs best suitable for my needs.

    From the research I've done I can tell so far that

    • Connectivity: I'd prefer if I can connect the MBA using thunderbolt to the display to charge and transfer data all with the same cable.
    • Display Resolution: I'm not quite sure if QHD or UHD would make a noticeable difference for my use case if I won't be doing any graphic design or much editing for that matter.
    • Display Size: Anything between 27" to 32" should be fine.
    • Design: As bezel-less and minimalistic as possible.
    • Panel & frequency: An IPS panel would be the best option and a display frequency above 60 hz is probably overkill, since I don't intend to use it for gaming purposes.

    I didn't want to be that lazy person that posted a question without even trying to look into what there is out there. I spent some time exploring options and found these three options I linked below in the post. I'm posting this to ask about what I should pay attention to when getting a display for the M1 MacBooks and to check if there are better and more affordable options out there suitable for my use case.

    LG 27UN83A

    LG 27UN850-W

    Philips 279P1

    submitted by /u/Stethoscopically
    [link] [comments]

    google chrome on macbook

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:15 AM PST

    i've had a chrome book for years and today i'm getting a macbook. i love that i can put a no ad extension to google chrome. but i've heard that google chrome drains battery on macbooks. how else can i use this extension without downloading google chrome?

    submitted by /u/kapoorprincess
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel