• Breaking News

    Friday, March 5, 2021

    Apple Help What’s happening please? It is just stuck on this screen with this weird pixel thing and won’t carry on starting up

    Apple Help What’s happening please? It is just stuck on this screen with this weird pixel thing and won’t carry on starting up


    What’s happening please? It is just stuck on this screen with this weird pixel thing and won’t carry on starting up

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:36 AM PST

    Can I update my phone to an old IOS? 13.1.3 specifically (newer than the one I have installed, but not the latest version)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 09:17 PM PST

    Long story short, my iPhone XS max running IOS 13.1.2 ran out of storage, and now it is stuck on the apple logo because there isn't enough space to boot the system. I requested apple support and they told me that my only option is to update the phone via iTunes, but there's a risk that I could lose all my data (IOS 14 may not be installed properly due to the lack of storage) and that I might have to restore to factory settings.

    The phone is running IOS 13.1.2 instead of 14 with the size of 4.41GB, while IOS 14 is 6.36GB

    Can I update my phone to IOS 13.1.3 with a third party software like iTools? Because it's size is only 4.41GB (pretty close to the software already running) so I think theres a better chance that the update will not fail. I don't have a backup and I don't want to lose my valuable data.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/SaintMarcoSy
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard on Macbook Pro 2016

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:23 PM PST

    My kid spilled milk all over the keyboard this morning. I turned it off, took off the keys and cleaned it all up. Once it was dry I booted the laptop and tested all the naked keys (none had been working immediately after the spill) and they all worked perfectly. I reattached all the buttons and now none of them work. Any ideas as to why this might happen or what I can do to fix it?

    submitted by /u/Relevant-Dig-2096
    [link] [comments]

    Sidecare Not Working

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:01 PM PST

    I bought a 2020 12.9 inch iPad pro in January and just received my new M1 enabled Mac Mini (16 gigs ram, terabyte hard drive). I bought the two specifically hoping to use the sidecare feature, but my Mini will not give me the option to at all. They're on the same wifi, they're right next to each other, they both have Bluetooth on and I can even get them to recognize each other there, but when I go to the Sidecare button in system preferences, it shows that there aren't any devices to connect to. When I click the control center button at the top right of the menu bar, it doesn't show up in the display settings like Apple's website says it should either. I also don't have the option to turn airplay on for some reason. I've seen a video where someone with the exact same iPad model connected through sidecar to an M1 Mini, and I can't figure out what they're doing different. I've even tried plugging my iPad into to the Mini and it didn't do anything. What could be wrong?

    submitted by /u/Mortypie
    [link] [comments]

    Barely year old iPhone 11 erased everything by it self

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:58 PM PST

    In late may of 2020 I got my iPhone 11 I was instantly impressed by the upgrade in camera from going from an old Samsung to a newer model iPhone. However once my friends got 11s I have noticed my camera quality is worse then there's in the same lighting and area. Within the first week of having it I got deep scratches. I took it to an Apple store and they basically said I'm sh** out of luck. Fine whatever. It started to freeze and I'd have to restart my entire phone numerous times a day. The battery is at 90% and I don't even use it that much. But tonight is the icing on the cake, I was in the midst of texting my boyfriend when my iPhone shut down completely and showed the Apple logo with a bar filling up underneath. Once back on, my wallpaper was gone, photos were gone, messages gone. All I had were my apps.

    Can I possibly get a new phone? Or something because what the f?

    submitted by /u/gramaryes
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud contact Restore

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:34 PM PST

    Okay so on Mar 1st I restored my contacts on iCloud.com using an archive from February 18 because I needed a contact I deleted. I got the contact back but somehow clicked another restore since then and lost that contact but I can't go back to the February 18 archive I originally restored from.

    Does anyone know if it's possible to see your full iCloud archive history?

    submitted by /u/TacoBelle-
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE 2nd Gen Kernel Panics?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 08:26 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I purchased my iPhone SE in November and everything was working flawlessly until February 11th. I was in the middle of a zoom meeting and the phone screen faded to black and restarted with the Apple logo. I didn't think anything of it but the problem kept occurring. I noticed a pattern that it would shut off every 3 minutes exactly and I checked my battery health. That was fine because it was 98% and I reset the phone in an attempt to fix it. Nothing was working. In my analytics and data, it was full of panic logs with string named "bug type 210". I searched what it was and there were conflicting statements saying it was hardware, software etc. At no point did I drop or damage the phone in anyway while I had it. I took the phone to my local repair shop and the guy replaced the port but found no success. He has had the phone for almost a month now with no luck and he's saying he'll give me €100 to trade it in as the phone can't be repaired. There are no Apple stores in my area and I've looked on the support forums with very little results. The whole situation is frustrating because that was my everyday phone and I've been using my iPad for school. I'm curious has this happened to anyone else and did you manage to find a solution? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Vivid-Fox8049
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 12 Pro keyboard haptics not working

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:40 PM PST

    Just set the phone up and out of the box the keyboard and passcode screen have no audible clicks or haptics as well as no lock sound. Lock sound, keyboard clicks and system haptics are all turned on. Haptics work elsewhere including a long press of the space bar. What's going on??

    submitted by /u/jhicks0506
    [link] [comments]

    Should I get the current iMac or wait for 2021 updated iMac?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:39 PM PST

    I'm starting my B.S. in IT soon and I want to get a new iMac. Should I get one now or wait for the new models for this year? I'll probably have to use windows from time to time so that's why I was considering getting the current model since it's got an intel chip. I read that the new Macs with the M1 chip lack bootcamp support. What y'all think?

    submitted by /u/gualwer1107
    [link] [comments]

    Brand New Mac Mini Full with Other Volumes

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:33 PM PST

    I just bought a new Mac Mini (M1, 2020) Version 11.2.1, Memory 8GB. I was backing up (Time Machine) to a 2 TB Seagate external drive and it kept saying the Seagate was full but it should not even be close. TM is supposed to just delete the oldest files. Now I'm getting notifications that my HD is full. When I check disk utility it says 19.35 GB used but 224.68 GB of Other Volume!!?! I can't have that much data but it's threatening to shut my machine down! Can anyone help? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/chikydog
    [link] [comments]

    what affordable Ipad should I get?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:10 PM PST

    under 300 <3

    submitted by /u/grantbabie
    [link] [comments]

    What Ipads are outdated? (don’t has ios14)

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 07:10 PM PST

    i wanna buy an ipad but i cant afford the latest model

    submitted by /u/grantbabie
    [link] [comments]

    charger wine incident

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:43 PM PST

    Hi everyone.

    I am an idiot and spilled wine on my iPhone charger. I immediately unplugged it and dried it off-there were some wine stains left so I wiped it down with a clorox wipe (including the prongs of the charging block) anyone think it's still safe to use or should I buy a new one? I was going to wait till it's dry and see, but my anxiety is leading me to imagine the worst case scenario (aka the charger catches fire. lol.).. thanks, everyone!

    submitted by /u/marierosevictoria
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Photo Library with iCloud Enabled Simply WILL NOT Sync with Other iCloud Enabled Devices Using Same AppleID

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 06:15 PM PST

    At no point in the last 20 years have I been actually truly incapable of troubleshooting an issue with an Apple device until today.

    Situation:

    3 devices —All using latest software version —All logged in to the same AppleID —All with Photos syncing enabled on iCloud Settings —All devices connected to WiFi and power

    iPhone and iPad sync perfectly like a dream—Mac Photos Library simply will not upload photos to iCloud under any circumstances.

    What I have tried:

    •Closing the App on all the devices •Rebooting all the devices •Disabling and then re-enabling iCloud on all the devices •Starting an entirely brand new Photos Library on Mac, syncing with iCloud to download the photos present on my iPhone and iPad then manually adding back photos from my original Photos Library into the new Library... STILL won't upload those photos to iCloud to be visible on other devices •Rebooting everything again and again and again and again •Locking the screen of the mobile devices for hours and coming back later to check and find that absolutely nothing has happened

    NOW when I try to disable iCloud on the Mac Photos Library with a plan to then toggle it back on again after it refreshes it self, it just hangs and becomes non-responsive. If I try disabling Photos syncing from inside iCloud Settings in System Preferences, absolutely nothing happens. Won't disable. Won't do anything. It's as if I'm not even clicking the checkbox.

    support.Apple.com gives no troubleshooting steps for this issue

    Every other article online only lists the steps I've already tried.

    OH MY GOD HOW CAN I GET MY 40,000 Photos Library photos into iCloud without dragging them ONE BY ONE into AirDrop?

    submitted by /u/cantshejustrunaway
    [link] [comments]

    Internet Recovery isn’t working, and won’t let me use a bootable disk either

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:53 PM PST

    Hi all

    I have a MacBook Pro 13" from 2018 and I'm selling it to someone else. I tried to do a fresh install of macOS, and then it got interrupted because of a WiFi outage and forced me to do internet recovery.

    Attempted that multiple times and it just flashes up -2100F. I have a bootable disk with High Sierra and I've tried using that, but when I click on the icon it just forces me to do internet recovery again.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ahumanmadethis
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook External Monitor Not Filling in Screen

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 01:19 PM PST

    I have a 2020 Macbook Pro 13 that I have been using with an external monitor. I've tried 2 different monitors and 2 different TV's and every time I plug in my Macbook to anything external it doesn't fill in the whole screen. There are always black bars all around the image. I've looked up everywhere to see if there is anything I can do to fix this but nothing helps. I've tried 2 different cables and nothing helps. Is anyone else having this issue? And if not then how were you able to connect your macbook to your external monitor without the black bars? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/MLG_Burrito55
    [link] [comments]

    Is buying an AirPort Time Capsule in 2021 a good idea?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:50 PM PST

    I've been looking for a wireless time machine backup solution, and Apple's Time Capsule seems like the best option, given that WD and others don't have attractive options (for my needs). However, it was discontinued a few years ago, and the only way to buy it is over eBay. Is this a good idea? It would theoretically solve all of my needs, but I'm not sure if doing this is the best idea.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gcoba218
    [link] [comments]

    I just bought 50gb icloud storage and it says I don’t have enough storage and when I click “manage storage” it just wants me to upgrade again��

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:29 PM PST

    Stuck on Japanese App Store

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:08 PM PST

    Hi! I made a Japanese iTunes account to get a game that my friends wanted me to try out, and I got the app and signed back into my American account on my phone, but my App Store is still Japanese. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sunnylilbunny
    [link] [comments]

    Icloud photos don‘t upload (bug?) [iPhone 8]

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 04:07 PM PST

    So I recently even bought 200gb to upload all of my photos to icloud to later move them to my pc. However, it doesn't work. It's stuck at 1% and doesn't upload anything. What I tried: Turn icloud photos on and off Restart iphone Turn off energy mode Plugged my iphone Did a backup on my pc (itunes) -> first it said I need to load a backup or something like that} Signed out of icloud and signed in again

    I don't know anymore please help. It feels super bad wasting the money on this just for it not working -_-

    submitted by /u/KingCapaldi
    [link] [comments]

    Prevent iMac Mail app from downloading emails?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:37 PM PST

    On Windows, using the the default built-in Mail app, to my knowledge the emails are not downloaded, likewise with iPhone and iPad, however with the Mail app on iMac the emails are downloading onto the computer.

    Is there a way to prevent the emails from downloading? A way to have to have it function how the default built-in Mail app functions of Windows, or even the Mail app on iPhone and iPad?

    Also, if I remove my Internet Account on iMac, will it delete the emails for 1. on the computer?, and 2. will it actually delete the emails on the outlook server by Microsoft (when I login through the browser)?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/VirtualFuel3806
    [link] [comments]

    QUESTION ABOUT PHOTO DELETE

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:22 PM PST

    so i permanently deleted a photo around 5/6 years ago, that photo no longer exists or is retrievable right?

    submitted by /u/barry_davidson
    [link] [comments]

    trying to make/join a groupchat with a non-iphone user and an iphone user but not working

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:17 PM PST

    for some reason i cant see any of the messages in a groupchat that my friend made with a non-iphone user. i tried turning off my MMS settings and turned them back on, same thing with SMS but nothing worked. im not sure whats wrong but when i create a groupchat with the 2 people it shows that my messages dont deliver. i can talk to the 2 people separately though. im also on the latest version of ios (14.4)

    submitted by /u/ThrowRAcottonca
    [link] [comments]

    Found AirPod case, replaced?

    Posted: 05 Mar 2021 03:12 PM PST

    Long story short, I found a muddy AirPod case. I checked the serial number and I got the message, "The serial number is for a product that's been replaced."

    Does this mean they've replaced the case already?

    submitted by /u/bittersweetlullabies
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel