• Breaking News

    Monday, March 1, 2021

    Apple Help I tried to use bootcamp, but I got this. Any idea on how to fix this?

    Apple Help I tried to use bootcamp, but I got this. Any idea on how to fix this?


    I tried to use bootcamp, but I got this. Any idea on how to fix this?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 06:05 PM PST

    My iPhone X front cam has this weird green tint below.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 11:38 PM PST

    'You signed into a new iPad.' How can I check?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:25 PM PST

    Sorry for the novice question, but wasn't sure where else to ask. I suddenly got a popup on my iPhone saying that I just signed into a new iPad and if that was me, I can ignore the message. When I sign into my iCloud from my PC in settings under "devices" I see just my one iPad. Is there anyway to check/confirm that its my one and only iPad that is signed into my account? Thanks a ton.

    submitted by /u/SenorDevil
    [link] [comments]

    Nicknames and Mail

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:12 PM PST

    I have nicknames listed for some of my contacts. I use apple mail app, but I use a gmail account. If I send a group email, will other people be able to see the nicknames I have listed for some of the people?

    submitted by /u/captain-crunchee
    [link] [comments]

    Thunderbolt dock doesn't disconnect when unplugged, Macbook Pro requires reboot..

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:14 PM PST

    Hi all!

    Specs :

    • 2016 Macbook Pro (touchbar), running Mojave.
    • Dell Thunderbolt dock WD19TB
    • Viewsonic monitor (displayport connection to WD19)
    • All other peripherals connected to WD19 (usb devices, sound card etc.)

    Recently, I've noticed that whenever I unplug the dock from my Macbook, it doesn't seem to register that I've unplugged it. By this, I mean that the system still seems to think that I have an external monitor connected. Re-plugging the cable in doesn't have any effect at this point and no connected will devices work anymore.

    At this point System Profiler indicates that the Thunderbolt driver cannot be loaded and I can't really do much about it from this point. The only resolution is to reboot the machine with the cable attached, everything then works correctly again.

    Hot-plugging was working fine until recently, Not sure what the problem could be. The only recent 'change' to the environment is that I had my battery replaced at Apple. The logic board wasn't touched though.

    Any thoughts? (note: I have to stay on Mojave for now)

    (note : tried SMC and NVRAM resets to no avail)

    (Additional note : when the system is in this broken state, the dock will still charge the Macbook as expected)

    submitted by /u/poisonfruitloops
    [link] [comments]

    Mid-2012 MacBook Pro continually crashing and struggling to boot back up.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 02:36 PM PST

    I've been struggling with this for about a week now. My computer will freeze up during use, typically when downloading something or when performing two tasks at once. It's been happening more frequently as time goes on.

    When turning on, there is a roughly 75% chance that it will fail to boot up. This looks like one of these error images, with the first one being the most common:
    error 1
    error 2

    Eventually, after enough hard reboots, it will boot up. I'll usually get some message like "Your computer restarted due to a problem." Then I can get an unpredictable amount of use out of it before it locks up again and the cycle repeats.

    I've performed a factory reset, and that seems to have helped slightly. My chances of successfully booting up have increased and I've noticed an improvement in my computer's overall speed. I was able to get it to work long enough to update from Mountain Lion to El Capitan and then to Catalina without any issue, but have noticed the problem persist since then.

    Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Chocolate_Milky_Way
    [link] [comments]

    I'm in a bad spot. Can't restore iTunes/iCloud backup

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:13 PM PST

    Bought my daughter a used iPhone 7 for Christmas and it is giving a lot of problems. It's still within the 90 day Amazon return period. I did a backup of it with iTunes and iCloud and tried restoring both to her old iPhone 6. Problem is that I cannot restore either backup as the version of iOS on the 7 is newer than the 6 and the 6 cannot be updated any further than it is.

    Is there any way to get her messages (most important) and other stuff moved from the 7 to the 6 using any alternative methods?

    Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/dinki
    [link] [comments]

    External Monitor/Target Display/Clamshell Mode - advice wanted!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:45 PM PST

    I've been working on a 15" 2015 MacBook Pro for a few years. This week someone gave me a 24" 2009 iMac, which I've got running El Cap with a Magic Keyboard and Magic Trackpad. The MBP is on Mojave.

    I've been wondering about using the iMac as a monitor for the MBP (the extra space would be good for my eyes) but I'm not really clear on what the different terms mean. Basically I'd like to use the MBP almost like a Mac Mini - running the show but tucked out of sight somewhere- while I use the iMac's display/keyboard/magic trackpad to control it all.

    Is that possible/worth doing with this setup?

    submitted by /u/jackjohnbrown
    [link] [comments]

    Support/repair regarding apple watch w/ apple care +

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:01 PM PST

    So a few weeks ago I buy apple care + for my new watch. I drop it last week (8 days ago) and immediately start the process of getting express repair setup since I am leaving to a non-Apple serviced country quite soon. My first repair request is denied. I provide proof of coverage and receipt yet I am once again told it is declined for an unknown reason. Then, I am told by three different advisors that if I bring my watch to the store, it can be replaced then and there.

    Lo and behold, I arrive in the store to spend 1.5 hours on the phone and talking there to be told I have to go home and do express replacement or wait 3 weeks for the normal repair. Of course, I won't be home for too much longer and I paid for apple care + so I want the express setup. I go through the process twice more of setting it up, speaking on the phone with many advisors and supervisors, just to find out they will cancel my requests without reason. Now, it is 8 days later and still no rhyme, reason, or solution to these errors. At this point I am not even sure what to do as I leave the country in 7 days and the only option that will make it in time is express replacement. Anyone have similar experiences or any way to resolve an issue of sorts? Would love to discuss.

    submitted by /u/baerboy89
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to put something like this into reminders?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:58 PM PST

    Changed thermal paste on cpu still running hot

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:49 PM PST

    Hey guys I have a MacBook Pro 15" mid 2015 . I changed the thermal paste cause it was running hot. It's still running hot and the fans are working fine. I got good quality thermal paste too. Any suggestions? Did I reapply to little? This is my second go at it! LOL

    submitted by /u/flowing_width
    [link] [comments]

    I turned voice control off on my iPhone, why does it keep coming up?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:39 PM PST

    It's such a pain in the neck when I'm in the middle of something and it randomly comes up. I have an iPhone 8. Would appreciate any help.

    submitted by /u/YachtRock123
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Has High Background Message Battery Usage

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:34 PM PST

    Hi Everyone,

    I recently upgraded to an iPhone 12 pro and I've been noticing some issues with the battery, particularly with the background battery usage of the Messages app. It always shows that the Messages app has 5-11hours of background battery usage per day, even though the app is closed for majority of the day (99% of the time). I have already turned off background refresh and restarted my phone multiple times. This has been happening for about a month now. I was wondering if anyone has had the same issue? If so, have you been able to fix it?

    submitted by /u/w-vanessa16
    [link] [comments]

    Will Dark Mode prevent burn in?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 09:19 PM PST

    Will dark mode prevent burn in? Or should I keep light mode on?

    submitted by /u/Orchid_Ancient
    [link] [comments]

    My computer has been running a bit slow lately so i rebooted it and this happened. I'm not sure why because it was fine but now it is unusable (Late 2015/ Early 2016 model it operates on sierra)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:35 PM PST

    Share Apple TV with someone without Apple devices

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 05:20 PM PST

    m1 macbook pro wont turn on without power chord

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:47 PM PST

    i spilled little bit coffee over my macbook and now it wont turn on without connecting the power chord .anyone else in the same boat as me.

    submitted by /u/Far_Show_8871
    [link] [comments]

    Screen is broken on MBP 13.3 inch, how can I repair it and what should I watch out for?

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:26 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I'm not very tech savvy so please forgive me if my description of my issue is poor. So in June 2020 I purchased a 2018 13.3 inch refurbished Macbook Pro (Item FR9Q2LL/A ) from the Apple Store. There have so far been no issues but sometime within the past four months I noticed that a little portion of the protective case of my MBP had cracked. It didn't seem to do any damage to the actual computer, or at least there was no cracking on it that I could see, so I thought nothing of it. I swear I had not dropped this macbook before and I rarely take it out of my bedroom, but it's not out of the question that I may have rolled over it in my sleep, and I'm somewhat of a heavy guy. Today I lightly touched the upper left corner of the screen and the whole screen went black and it showed the crack below.

    https://imgur.com/a/FFzC1an

    However the program I was watching on my laptop is still going and I can still access my computer through TouchID even though I can't seem to see anything (when I press spacebar it unpauses what I was watching and I can hear the sound).

    So first, how do you guys suggest I fix this issue? What could it possibly cost?

    Is there anything I should avoid doing in order to not make this problem worse?

    And would it be possible for me to somehow use a secondary screen (like my PC screen) in order to extract some important documents from my Macbook that I need for work? I don't need the documents until next week but I would rather save them elsewhere just in case.

    Thank you, and please let me know if I can clarify anything

    submitted by /u/BastiatForever
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone 12 mini shipping from FUSION DC/COMMERCIAL in Carlisle, PA

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 08:08 PM PST

    I just placed an order for a new iPhone 12 mini and it's shipping from FUSION DC/COMMERCIAL in Carlisle, PA . In the past, when I've returned things to Apple, they've gone to this location. Has anyone else ever received a new item from this particular location?

    submitted by /u/IamWarmduscher
    [link] [comments]

    iMassages not picking up my phone number. It keeps buffering and send iMessages through my iCloud email.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 12:35 PM PST

    Is it normal to have some weird "wobbly" motion blur when scrolling down this picture relatively fast? Kinda look like the colors are "merging"? (AMOLED, iPhone 11 Pro, IOS 14)

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:59 PM PST

    Weird question with AirPod and Apple Watch pairing.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:55 PM PST

    Hey everyone! I often listen to YouTube videos at the same time as other people and talk about them.

    The system I've been using for that is just streaming on my phone and speaking into my Apple Watch to send the message. It doesn't pause the video and all is well.

    Well, recently I've purchased some AirPods. Now when I speak into my Apple Watch it auto connects to the AirPod microphones, which pauses the YouTube video.

    Is there any way to use my AirPods to listen but use my Apple Watch microphone instead of AirPod microphone?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Dohne
    [link] [comments]

    My AirPods are crashing my Phone!

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 01:47 PM PST

    So my AirPods have been crashing my phone when I try and use them and I'm not sure why. I have tried everything like resetting my iPhone 11 to resetting the AirPods and nothing has worked. The weird thing is that I connect them to other devices and they don't crash but for some reason my AirPods and only them Crash my phone specifically. (For context my phone is up to date and my AirPods are Gen 1 AirPods that were bought over a year ago.)

    Please help me I have tried everything and Apple Support isn't any help so please help me!

    submitted by /u/CheeseLord77
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if I push restore? Does it mean my internal data will go onto my 1TB external hard drive?And will I be able to use my external hard drive to boot up Big Sur? if so what options do I use to shape the external hard drive.I’m stuck on updating cause Mac didn’t have GB to update.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 03:59 PM PST

    Mac is extremely slow.

    Posted: 01 Mar 2021 07:36 PM PST

    Hey all, lately my Mac has been acting insanely slow, while doing practically anything, looking at menus, opening any apps, and even looking at the control center. I've tried rebooting it, updating it, deleting things (storage space isn't even half full) and even scanned with an antivirus to see if it was malware. I'm really stumped. Could anyone help?

    submitted by /u/Sushhie
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel