• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    iPhone Why is the camera FPS so bad when taking photos and not when taking videos?

    iPhone Why is the camera FPS so bad when taking photos and not when taking videos?


    Why is the camera FPS so bad when taking photos and not when taking videos?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:17 PM PST

    My iPhone 6's home button is broken so I use AssisstiveTouch. The lock screen keeps freezing so I can't use the touch screen at all so I can't press the home button in AssisstiveTouch.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:23 PM PST

    What am I supposed to do? Solution for a frozen iPhone is force restart but the home button doesn't work and the touch screen doesn't

    submitted by /u/FlowerCrown123
    [link] [comments]

    My 4 month nightmare - A Verizon Wireless cautionary tale

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:57 PM PST

    Pennies

    PVDG CTXR ALYI

    So my issues started in November when I bought the iPhone 12 Pro Max. I ordered it directly from Verizon and set it up after it showed at my front door. I fired up the 12 and transferred my data from my old XS Max. The phone worked perfectly for about two hours. Then I got a pop-up saying, "WAITING FOR ACTIVATION - This may take some time." Just a few moments later I got a second pop-up saying, "iPhone is not activated - Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur." At this point I am unable to make calls, even with WiFi calling enabled, and I cannot send or receive texts unless they are iMessage.

    So I called up Verizon, assuming something short-circuited during the activation process. They went through diagnostics on their end, had me reset network settings, confirmed that the IMEI and ICCIDs matched up, and had me reboot. Sweet, phone works again. We hang up and I go about my life, until the next morning when I notice the same thing has happened. After some messing around, I figured out that rebooting the phone would enable my connection to the network for a few hours and then it would inevitably crap out on me in a few hours.

    Fast forward to now: I have been on with al tiers of Verizon tech support, management, receiver a replacement 5G SIM card, and even had the entire phone swapped out with another brand new one. I've tried wiping the phone and trying to use my phone without using a backup just to see if it had been corrupted. None of these options have helped in any way. I gave up on the 12, demanded that Verizon take it back, paying me in full, plus reimbursing me for the months of service I have no been able to my service. I re-activated my XS Max, came to peace that it was never meant to be and once again went on with my life.

    Well guess what? Now the XS Max is not working on me! I can make and receive calls normally, but I cannot use data of any kind while off WiFi. What in the genuine F?! This is the phone I have been using for years without incident. The settings are fine, as confirmed by calling Verizon once again. The dude on the phone said that it should work fine and said they would have their network engineer run additional tests within the next 48 hours. Sure enough, I got an email from Verizon the next day saying everything is good to go. Well the phone still doesn't work.

    I am out of options, completely out of patience. I am posting this here to see if anyone out there has also had this experience. I will be taking my business to T Mobile or Spectrum this week, because I can't go another week dealing with this crap. This upsets me because my business offers a pretty solid discount to Verizon accounts, but what else can I possibly do at this point? The only solution Verizon is offering me is, "Well you could always upgrade to the 11, 12, or get a new 10."

    submitted by /u/Debaucherizer
    [link] [comments]

    Folder with pictures lost

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:12 PM PST

    Good evening,

    I have an iPhone XR that is slowly giving up the ghost. I bought a new Galaxy S 21 Ultra. To transfer the data, I had initially established a connection via USB C / Lightning between the devices, however, I was always prompted by the Samsung device to enter my iTunes backup PIN, but I did not have this and I also found nothing on the Internet. So I decided to transfer the files and apps manually. To make the work a bit easier, I activated Backup & Sync from Google Photos (I had the app on my iPhone for a long time) and installed it on my Galaxy as well.

    Unfortunately, I was horrified to discover that an entire folder of pictures was suddenly missing from the iPhone. I searched for this folder in the trash, in the hidden albums, in the iCloud and via PC on the iPhone, but without success.

    Does anyone have any ideas? The pictures are very important to me.

    submitted by /u/AfeatL
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 7 crashing when haveing a case on

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:42 PM PST

    ok something weird is going on. i bought a second hand iphone 7 and it works fine untill i put a phone case on and then it will start restarting every few seconds and having boot loops. i tried restoring the phone and nothing changes, and once i take the case off its been fine. ive been using it and no restarts. anyone got an idea whats going on?

    Edit: its definitely the case I left it running on YouTube for like an hour and then out the case on like 3 seconds later its crashed

    submitted by /u/stephenboomer132
    [link] [comments]

    What all is included in an iPhone backup on PC?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:21 AM PST

    Is everything included in an iPhone backup?

    So basically, my iPhone is full and I need space. The phone keeps telling me to delete 8gb of old texts but I want to keep them for memory purposes. I have a PC so I'm limited to what I can see.

    I just did an iTunes back up, am I safe to delete all of my old texts now? My pics are on iCloud so I'm not worried about those. Also, what about text attachments? Are those safe in the backup or do I need to move those separately?

    At some point I'm going to buy software to help me "unpack" the backup on my PC but for now I'm in the dark with what exactly is in the backup.

    submitted by /u/PineappleSmoothie
    [link] [comments]

    Listening to music on iPhone XR has become impossible. Constantly skips, replays and pauses tracks randomly automatically. This happens on both apple music and spotify! What can i do to fix this?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:47 PM PST

    The problem started happening 2 days ago. Usually what happens is whenever i plug in my earphones this voice control appears even when though i have turned it off and once i open spotify all the glitches and problems began to happen. I have restarted my phone twice and it is still happening! Anyone had this problem and what can i do to fix this asap? Thank you

    submitted by /u/ramenbagel
    [link] [comments]

    Tik tok keeps crashing

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:53 PM PST

    Hey so I have a question tik tok keeps crashing after like one Minute when I'm opening and I wanted to ask how to fix it because it's really annoying

    So I already tried to restart my phone several times and I also cleared the chache or smth like that

    And pls don't Tell me anything where I have to lock in in my account again because I don't know my password and I can't change it

    Thank you if you can help me :(

    submitted by /u/Verpixelt4K
    [link] [comments]

    Facebook activity show's for 7 hours

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:45 PM PST

    So basically i don't have Facebook installed in my phone. But I do have instagram and WhatsApp installed. Today i checked my activities in my phone ane found that Facebook was running for 7 hours and i have no clue what is happening. Anyone experienced same ?.. screenshot here https://imgur.com/a/vWvHmEE

    Instagram and Whatsapp shows seperate activity and it match what i was doing. But this Facebook one don't make any sense.

    submitted by /u/lexat100
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to “touch lock” my iPhone

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:26 PM PST

    My toddler likes FaceTiming with grandma and grandpa, and loves to hold the phone himself. However he's always accidentally hanging up the call, or switching the window, or pulling up the controls such that they block the video. Is there a way to lock my phone while an app is running such that the touch screen doesn't operate? Similar to Guided Access, but that only prevents switching apps.

    submitted by /u/NiceShotMan
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to take a scrolling screenshot on an iphone? (Not a screen capture video)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:14 PM PST

    I don't think this exists, please prove me wrong. Not a full page website capture either.

    submitted by /u/fireandbass
    [link] [comments]

    Can my iPhone be unlocked by my parents since they pay my phone bill

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:03 AM PST

    If my parents pay my phone bill (I am 23 and fortunate that they still pay it) would Apple unlock my phone for them if I died? Since technically they own my phone and it would be similar to it they lost the password on their own phone. I've heard of court cases where people cannot be forced to unlock their phone under the 5th amendment. But since they own my service does that make it different?

    submitted by /u/SearingArch
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 muffed earpiece sound even after replacement

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:16 AM PST

    Hi, I have an iPhone 7 and the last months, the sound coming from the earpiece was very muffed (only high frequencies were coming out, the overall sound coming from it was high pitched and distorted).

    Today, I got a 3rd party replacement earpiece and I replaced the original one with it. Before the replacement, I cleaned as much as I could the earpiece grill from inside and outside with 99.5% isopropyl alcohol using a painter brush and I blew air on it using a tool for cleaning cameras etc.

    The problem is that after all these, the sound coming from the earpiece is about the same as it was before! Tinny, high pitched sound with distorted mids and zero low frequencies!

    Anyone knows why? I even tried again with the original earpiece but again same results. Maybe the problem was not about the earpiece itself, but then what?

    submitted by /u/Simos805
    [link] [comments]

    Is my iPhone 8 dead for good?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:51 AM PST

    My iPhone 8 died last night while watching a movie, so I plugged it in and went to sleep, I woke up, and it isn't turning on, And even if I hold the power off button the low battery symbol doesn't even show, is my phone perma-dead?

    submitted by /u/KeyboardCranberry
    [link] [comments]

    Persistent speaker distortion

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:04 AM PST

    I've owned several different iPhone models over the years, including the 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 8 Plus, and 11 Pro. These models all share very similar speaker arrangements: holes drilled into the rounded chassis, with the actual speaker module protected by a metal mesh.

    Every one of these models has exhibited the same problem over time, where sound from the bottom-firing speaker becomes distorted. I suspected that this may be due to dirt or lint buildup, but cleaning it doesn't seem to solve the issue. When taking my iPhones to the Genius Bar, they always confirm sound distortion issues, and end up replacing the entire iPhone. This seems unusual to me as I would assume that they could simply replace the speaker module.

    Something I find strange about this is how little information I can find online. When searching for similar cases, I am unable to find anyone else having the same problem; specifically, with the increased distortion over time.

    Has anyone else experienced similar problems? Thanks

    submitted by /u/Bluethulhu
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new iPhone 12, static noise in videos and voice memos?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:38 AM PST

    Hello, I just got a iPhone 12 today, when I am in a quiet room, I record some video or voice memo, but I hear a really noticeable static noise. I have contacted apple support, they told me it is not normal, but I am suspected this could be a new software issue. It is on iOS 14.4

    Can somebody record a video or voice memo in a quiet place, and just listen if there is a static noise?

    Edit: Or better, if you can send me such a video, I would be glad, to compare.

    submitted by /u/SkyIsVeggie
    [link] [comments]

    Accidentally downloaded 1500 songs on my iPhone

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:36 AM PST

    Hello there, I used a service that converts Spotify playlists to Apple Music. It had 1500 songs, often only having a couple songs per artist. Little did I know all the songs would auto download.

    I can't find a single way to batch delete these. It's so frustrating because I need to do a very simple action. Just simply delete the 1500 newest songs. I don't consider doing this manually song by song a reasonable option. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/barfingclouds
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6 plus screen problems

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:49 AM PST

    I have an iPhone 6 plus that i use as an alarm clock/game phone that is having a few problems. Im pretty sure most of the problems are from it falling off the bed or table in the middle of the night because what is happening is there are white lines that drop down from the top randomly and flicker until i slap or squeeze the sides of the phone then they go away for a while. Other times the touch screen would work fine but will just stop working until i give it a slap or squeeze. but now i have to squeeze it really hard in order to do anything because slapping it or dropping it won't work anymore. Is it a problem that can be fixed by replacing the screen or is it a deeper problem?

    submitted by /u/Codemaster86
    [link] [comments]

    Screening incoming calls similar to Pixel 5

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:10 AM PST

    I used a Pixel 5 and I loved the fact that when a call came in the virtual secretary basically screened the call when it came in. When will iPhone have this feature or is there an app that can do this?

    submitted by /u/Alabaster13
    [link] [comments]

    Camera activating in pocket

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:08 AM PST

    Sometimes when I take my phone from my pocket the camera is on. In addition to being annoying, this drains the battery.

    I thought that my thigh was pressing the lock screen camera shortcut through the fabric of my pants, so I tried putting the phone in my pocket with the screen facing away from me. But that didn't fix the issue. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/YIRS
    [link] [comments]

    Help please

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:07 AM PST

    Earphones

    So, i have sony earphones and everytime someone calls me i can hear the ringtone through my earphones but when i answer it the sound is directed to the phone and i cant hear anything through earphones. I tried it on galaxy s8 and it worked perfectly any advices ?

    submitted by /u/Iwannakillmyselfqwer
    [link] [comments]

    My keyboard is failing

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:41 AM PST

    I need help!! I do not know what I have touched that my keyboard has been deconfigured When I enter any app that requires the keyboard, I have to double-tap the screen to activate it, in some cases I have to hold down to make it appear and the worst thing is that when need to put the unlock code it doesn't come out at all. This happened 3 days ago and I don't know what to do, I already checked all the configuration and I have no results :(

    submitted by /u/Financial_Basis7758
    [link] [comments]

    Camera flash issue in 8+ and X series.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:09 AM PST

    I have an Iphone X and I have observed that the flash doesn't work in night time on taking photos or videos but the flashlight works properly without any issue. While taking a photo it just blinks and stops( for taking pics it blinks just a little even in daytime) but for videos it works well in light. I tried finding this issue and got to know that a lot of people are facing this issue and nothing has been done. Also a lot of people have reported this to Apple. My X is on 14.4 IOS.

    Seems like Apple has conveniently ignored this problem. For those interested I will paste some links in comment section from other forums.

    submitted by /u/ragnarmonk
    [link] [comments]

    Battery health

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:37 AM PST

    I bought my iPhone 11 about 9 months ago and my battery health is already down to 83%. Is this normal and am I covered for a replacement? (UK) thanks

    submitted by /u/hobnob97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel