• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Apple Macbook Little Easter egg in the Apollo app

    Apple Macbook Little Easter egg in the Apollo app


    Little Easter egg in the Apollo app

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:09 PM PST

    Can you identify this MacBook case? Looks so elegant and clean

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:03 AM PST

    M1 16GB MacBook pro running rust like a champ

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:11 PM PST

    Minimising and maximising the application work smoothly, but double clicking the title bar for a bigger app window causes frames to skip. Is it just me? Device: MBA base + 16. Also sorry for the long recording...

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:01 AM PST

    No speaker/mic detected in Parallels M1 Preview running Ubuntu ?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:55 PM PST

    Tried changing all the settings but the input and output shows only dummy input/output. Is this a driver problem?

    submitted by /u/hansolo1403
    [link] [comments]

    Upgraded my old 2012 MacBook pro!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:44 PM PST

    My mac battery drains way faster than I thought it would.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:41 PM PST

    Starting off I use firefox, not chrome, so it isn't chrome burning energy. I have a 2020 MacBook air i3, not m1 and I use it for school and of course, I expect battery life to not be a full 11 hours when I'm constantly on google meets, but my battery can go from 90% to 5% in 2 hours while on meets, and even when I'm not on google meets it still goes by preatty fast. Does anyone know a cause or fix for this?

    submitted by /u/UwU_is_Gay
    [link] [comments]

    Water Damage

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:34 PM PST

    I was drinking some water when I accidentally spilled a tiny bit on my computer, I cannot stress how small. If I had a dropper that was one milliliter the water would not have even filled that up, so I did what my first instinct was and I tried wiping it with my sleeve and got the water on the surface, but then I saw I had tissues next to me and I tried to get the tissues in between the caps lock and left shift key to get the water, which I did get quite a bit. I then shut down the computer, grabbed a blow dryer, and held it in the intake port for about 5 minutes, thinking it would help. I would leave the computer off for a couple of days normally, but I have very important work due soon and I had to turn it back on. How can I know if there is water damage, preferably without tearing it apart? I do think I got all of it but there might have been literally one or two drops of water that the tissue did not suck up.

    submitted by /u/Bity12345
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a BIG PROBLEM with the M1 Mac SSDs? Could You Be Affected?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:32 AM PST

    I think I recall seeing this is a somewhat common occurrence but this there a fix to this? It’s like a 2013/2014 pro w/ retina

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:03 AM PST

    Macbook air - get time to display at all times?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:42 PM PST

    With my old laptop (not a mac), the time was always displayed in the bottom right corner. I just got this Macbook air yesterday and really the one thing that's bothering me is that I don't have that anymore. I'm so used to being able to glance into a corner of my screen and see the time, and I would really love to figure out a way to do that. any suggestions? this is seriously the only thing that's really frustrating me about this laptop...otherwise I absolutely love it.

    submitted by /u/lizlizliz645
    [link] [comments]

    Charger Stolen - Help!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:23 PM PST

    A charger was stolen from our macbook, but it's in a bad spot so our security camera can't see the charger itself clearly. Is there a log file or anything that can give hints as to what time/day the charger was last unplugged? Maybe something saying low long it's been using the battery since last charge?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/TokyoZack
    [link] [comments]

    I Frankensteined this monster!

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:19 AM PST

    Returned my M1 MBP. What a nightmarish situation

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:36 PM PST

    First of all, Apple support is amazing and I must admit, very patient. They talked me through the process and all the steps, which took nearly 2 hours.

    Hey guys. I ordered my MBP and received it a few days ago. I was originally going to just send it back but because I bought a case and some adapter dongles for it, I decided to just try the MBP to get a feel for it before I made up my mind on keeping it or not. After using it for a few days I decided to reset it and send it back and wait for the next version of M1X (I think that's what it is called).

    I followed Apples step by step instructions of taking the MBP off of my Apple ID, logging out of iCloud, iMessage and findmyMac. I then proceeded to erase the HD and right before I was able to reinstall Big Sur I was met with an error and to contact support. I starters out with chat tech support which led to phone support because I was getting errors and the MBP stopped responding. Phone support talked me through restarting and eventually to a support page to copy paste text into the utilities section to manually install Big Sur.

    I am now patiently waiting for the OS to be reinstalled so I can add further text from the support page into the utilities section in order to get the OS to completely install.

    Tech support said all should be well so long as the MBP doesn't reload to my Apple ID after Big Sur is installed.

    Not how I envisioned my Saturday being spent. Had I known this was going to become "a thing", I would have just sent the MBP back as soon as I received it. But, being as though this was my first MBP I've ever used, I was curious.

    I have no one but myself to blame. Wish me luck on this thing fully reinstalling so it can go back.

    Edit: sweet! After X amount more hours, it failed to download. Now I'm talking to support again. I'll probably never get another MBP again. This experience has officially scared me off.

    Edit2: after talking to a senior tech support, they walked me once again through the process of bypassing the regular method of reinstalling the OS. We erased the SSD, again for the third or fourth time, and copy pasted the script into the command section to start the installation of Big Sur. After another hour, it displayed ANOTHER error called "failed written body". I called support back and told them that since this MacBook isn't connected to my Apple ID, I'm just sending it back and let them deal with it. I've wasted an entire Saturday just dicking around with this thing. Welp, I guess that's made up my mind about getting the M1X. I'll just pass on it. I've lived my entire life without the need of a MacBook. Guess I'll just continue on without one.

    submitted by /u/jc0187
    [link] [comments]

    Apple changed my keyboard AND display

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:52 PM PST

    So i sent my Macbook to Apple because I had issues with my keyboard. It was eligible fot the keyboard replacement program of Apple. Now i wrote to the support to ask what exactly they repaired and they told me they swapped the keyboard and battery BUT also the display. I have no idea why, it worked perfectly fine. Is this a common procedure?

    submitted by /u/TheRealHuni
    [link] [comments]

    Popups don't work in Microsoft Word on M1 Air

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:45 PM PST

    Has anyone else had this issue? Anything, or at least almost anything, that requires a "popup" dialog doesn't work in Microsoft Word, because the popups don't appear. I can't print or adjust margins, for example. Anyone know a fix?

    submitted by /u/ron_ass
    [link] [comments]

    Who has BOTH MacBook Pro 17in (from 2009-2011) AND MacBook Pro 15in (from 2016-2018)?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:53 PM PST

    I really can't see photos on the internet with them side by side. I just want to compare the physical screen size.

    May you take some photos please? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/joshjg1
    [link] [comments]

    Just bought a MBP 16 and the battery is not charging

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:03 PM PST

    Yesterday I've bought a new MBP and and I first turned it on it displayed only the battery low icon. After 10 hours of charging is displaying the same icon.

    Went back to the store today and the guys from there ordered another one which will arrive next week and in the meantime saying that I should atleast try to leave it on charge 17-18hours, but I think that's just wishful thinking.

    Do you have any advice, besides replacing the unit?

    submitted by /u/Fumator
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MBA swap memory

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:45 AM PST

    I've heard issues with swap memory and how it affects the SSD?

    Should I be worried about this?

    submitted by /u/adhilm1803
    [link] [comments]

    MBP case with drive enclosure?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:26 AM PST

    Are there any MacBook Pro cases with a drive enclosure? I saw the OWC/Case Byte, but it's preinstalled: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/Case%20Byte/MB13V1S10B/

    submitted by /u/brianiwabuchi
    [link] [comments]

    Help with 2018 touch bar macbook

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:51 AM PST

    To start, my MacBook is on Big Sur 11.2.1 I'm having a ton of issues with my MacBook pro from 2018, multiple keys barely work and it dies within an hour on a full charge. every time I have it plugged in as well the fans are insanely loud and opening and switching tabs on chrome can take up to 10 seconds. I know my MacBook is eligible for a keyboard replacement but I've been pushing it off for as long as I can since the return time seems uncertain and I'm not sure I'm able to go up to a full month without my laptop due to school. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do?

    submitted by /u/iclimbedthegreatwall
    [link] [comments]

    New MacBook Pro 2020 M1 8GB RAM feels slow and laggy?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:33 AM PST

    Hey guys, I just bought a MacBook Pro 2020 M1 8GB Ram and I'm a bit worried that I can't even scroll on normal Pages in Safari on YouTube or Reddit without lagging and the cursor feels so slow and laggy. I mean I game on a 144hz Gaming Monitor on a gaming pc and I didn't expect the power of the Macbook to perform that well as I just want to use it for university and stuff but I don't know it feels a bit too sluggish imo. Is there anything I can do? Maybe its a setting on battery life saving or something? Or is it really just the big difference compared to my pc and I have to cope with it? Thanks for your answers already!

    submitted by /u/mostdopevogt
    [link] [comments]

    ATTO Diskbench on MacBook Air M1 - 8GBPS max read /2gbps write

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:16 AM PST

    Google chrome draining battery

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:36 AM PST

    Hey, I've just bought a new macbook air m1, done settuping mad stuff and used it for 3 hours while using chrome and battery went from 60 to 20 in 3 hours, which feels kinda like a short time. Is it hapenning to you guys too?

    submitted by /u/Whiefull
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel