• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Apple TV ATV HD refusing to restore

    Apple TV ATV HD refusing to restore


    ATV HD refusing to restore

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:56 PM PST

    Multiple Users Question

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:11 PM PST

    With Apple TV can multiple users have pins setup or is it a simple switching of accounts only? I'd like to lock my account with a pin and setup an account for my kids.

    submitted by /u/wickedathletes
    [link] [comments]

    Dickinson Season 3 will explore the Civil War and also ‘written word’

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:54 AM PST

    How do you repurchase a movie transferred from MoviesAnywhere?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:05 PM PST

    I've been slowly transitioning to AppleTV (the app), but have noticed that several of my movies that transferred over from MoviesAnywhere are stuck in HD quality. I understand the deal, and the reason why they are like that, but I'd like to repurchase them from Apple to get them upgraded To 4K. How do I do that? Both AppleTV and the iTunes apps just show an option to play the content in HD, with no purchase option in sight.

    submitted by /u/elias4444
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting AirPods Pro

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:01 AM PST

    Hi everyone,

    I would like to watch my Apple TV through my AirPods Pro. Obviously I can go to settings and connect via the connect devices menu but is there a way to do this seamlessly?

    AirPlay via my phone doesn't let me switch the audio across and other articles have said you hold the 'play / pause' button on controller (when on home screen or Apple TV) and it will bring up a menu for where to send the audio. This doesn't happen for me when I push and hold 'play / pause'.

    Can anyone help?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/-JATD-
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for help - Some 4K movies not playable in 4K depending on device.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 07:48 PM PST

    Looking for some help -

    I'm in Canada, and we do not have Movies Anywhere here, so that shouldn't enter into the discussion.

    My question is: I have about 30 movies purchased through iTunes which say they're in 4K when I access them through my iPhone and iPad. However, on my Apple TV 4K device, when I go to access these movies through the 'movies iTunes' app (the sky blue one), the description of these movies does not have the 4K icon.

    But, if I go to the black 'Apple TV' icon, and then under library, and look in the 4K HDR tab, I will see all of my 4K movies listed there including the 30 which do not have the 4K icon displayed when searching for them inside the sky blue 'movies iTunes' app.

    Can anyone explain this?

    Basically it breaks down like this:

    Tenet
    iPhone =4K
    iPad =4K
    Apple TV (blue app) =4K
    Apple TV (black app) =4K

    The Town
    iPhone =4K
    iPad = 4K
    Apple TV (blue app) = no 4K icon
    Apple TV (black app) =4K

    At first I thought maybe this was because I bought the iTunes movies before they were offered in 4K, but that theory isn't correct. I've had an iTunes digital copy of Jaws long before Apple TV was ever on the market and that now streams in 4K since last year's 45th Anniversary edition was made available.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/mullersmutt
    [link] [comments]

    How to quickly go back all sub menus

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:07 PM PST

    Whenever I'm looking for a movie or song I'll go through 20 plus different menus . What can I do instead of pressing menu 20 times

    submitted by /u/keylimepie784
    [link] [comments]

    Can I use Google Photos on my Apple TV streaming device?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:12 AM PST

    I have looked everywhere, and on Reddit the post about Google Photos are a few years old. Is there any updates?

    I found an app called EasyPhotos or something, but it's not free, and they didn't list anything about privacy or how they are using my data.

    Is there there anyway other than airplay or screen sharing?

    submitted by /u/Utimatios
    [link] [comments]

    Cant't set Default Audio Output with Homepod on Apple TV HD in tvOS 14?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:01 AM PST

    It used to work on tvOS 13. Is this a bug or did they removed this functionality for Apple TV HD completely?

    submitted by /u/oleic
    [link] [comments]

    Can you play/pause videos with Sony XM4 headphones?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:13 PM PST

    I am thinking about getting the Sony XM4 headphones and want to know if it can pause video and control volume of videos when connected to the Apple TV 4th Gen (tvOS 14.4). If so, do the features such as taking the headphones off or going into ambient sound mode also pause videos?

    submitted by /u/Brenden2016
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Store/Genius servicing an ATV?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 01:08 PM PST

    Just wondering... if your ATV HD gets bricked, you can apparently reset it or otherwise revive it via a Mac and the ATV HD's USB port. If your ATV 4K somehow gets bricked, apparently you have to take it in to an Apple Store as it has no USB port. My question: what magic tool does the Apple Store use to resuscitate a dead ATV 4K?

    submitted by /u/youtellmebob
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone use a Gen 3?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:16 AM PST

    I am planning to get a gen 3 but can't find any actual information about usability, casting and so on. My questions are:

    - Does anyone use one?

    - Can you airplay content on it (like Horizon Go)?

    • Can it be used with no video output (like airplay without having a tv connected to it if I will use speakers)

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/kid335
    [link] [comments]

    Simple AppleTV App Library Question

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:58 PM PST

    Simple question about buying television shows through AppleTV.

    I try to buy the complete series collections so that they only show up as one item in my library. But, most shows don't have complete collections.

    So do shows that have multiple seasons/volumes show up as multiple items in the library or is the app smart enough to know when it's the same show ?

    submitted by /u/TormentedThoughtsToo
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV remote stopped changing volume on HomePod Minis

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:27 AM PST

    I have a stereo pair of HomePod Minis that I have my AppleTv set up to play audio to. When I first did that, the remote's behavior on vol+ vol- changed, and started adjusting the volume on the HPM pair, with a vertical volume bar at the right edge of the screen.

    Some time in the last week or so it's stopped doing that. Volume control on the remote is back to changing the TV volume over IR.

    I have disabled IR remote volume control on the ATV, I've unpaired and repaired the HomePod pair, and I've power-cycled the ATV; no change.

    Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/ratbastid
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an apple product, seen in The Oprah Conversation?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:19 AM PST

    An Academic Survey about Online Brand Communities like r/appletv

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:18 AM PST

    Hello

    Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Kemal Cem Soylemez. I completed my Ph.D. in Marketing at Old Dominion University. I am currently working as an independent scholar. You can check my LinkedIn, I have no affiliation with Apple.

    I am planning to conduct an academic study about content generation dynamics in online brand communities like r/appletv

    It's a very short survey..it will take around 5 minutes. https://odu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ahGHrh09WjEKqNg

    Your responses will be confidential and I do not collect identifying information such as your name, e-mail address or IP address. All data is stored in a password-protected electronic format. The results of this study will be used for scholarly purposes only.

    Thanks for your time

    submitted by /u/CSKemal
    [link] [comments]

    Is this an apple product, seen in The Oprah Conversation?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:18 AM PST

    Aerial on PC

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:41 PM PST

    Downloaded the GitHub zip.scr Aerial v0 5.4 on my PC but it doesn't run the underwater or space videos. Are the underwater and space videos 4K?All the others are fine. Was wondering if it was my hardware, gtx970 maybe not able to run 4K. Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/Dogtods
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for alternative to my bricked Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:52 AM PST

    UPDATE: I called Apple again to ask if there was a secret way to enter a recovery mode and got a nice lady who took pity on me and put me over to a higher level person and he agreed to replace the unit at no cost.

    They will email me a box and I send the brick in and then they verify it is a broken Apple TV and they'll ship a replacement.

    An interesting side note: he said that it could have been the update but also asked if I had an older Samsung TV. (Mine is 2018 from Costco.) He said that they are seeing an issue with "older Samsung TVs" where something is breaking the Apple TV. He wouldn't say what it was but advised me not to hook up my other Apple TV to this TV. I asked for more detail to no avail.

    I suspect they are doing the free out-of-warranty repair because they want to get their hands on my unit to study what happened. Which is good.

    Unfortunately I just got back from Walmart where I purchased a Roku Ultra but I haven't opened the box so I can return it.

    As a side note, the next time I go to the Apple Store I will bring in my watch which has a faceplate that has detached almost 1/4" due to a swollen battery and ask, "Is this normal?" I am curious to see what they tell me.

    ORIGINAL POST:

    My Apple TV 4K 32 bricked when I updated it to the newest tvOS at the suggestion of Netflix, who's app wouldn't open on the OS version I was running.

    Apple said they would fix it for $150–just $30 less than a new one—or I could drive 2 hours round-trip to the nearest Apple store where I could take my chances that they might have sympathy and fix or replace it.

    I feel Apple has screwed me—a customer who loves Apple and has many, many of their products—with the design of this product.

    I can't watch Disney on my 2018 Samsung TV, nor can I watch Apple TV+ during the remaining free months of that service I have.

    So I'm looking for the best alternative to Apple TV 4K.

    Should I get a Roku Ultra 4800? Is there anything better out there?

    Thanks.

    Edit: Corrected that a new Apple TV 4K 32 is $179 on Amazon, not $149. Edit: clarified that driving to the Apple Store would not guarantee a different outcome.

    submitted by /u/AintPatrick
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel