• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    Apple iOS Is it still not possible to turn on night shift 1 hour before sunset daily?

    Apple iOS Is it still not possible to turn on night shift 1 hour before sunset daily?


    Is it still not possible to turn on night shift 1 hour before sunset daily?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 04:28 AM PST

    Are Instagram stories support by iPhone 4?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:17 AM PST

    I'm doing some research and wondering if anyone knows if Instagram stories show on iPhone 4 or if the latest version of Instagram for a 4 doesn't support the story feature?

    If it doesn't, does anyone know the oldest iPhone that supports stories on Instagram? I think it would be a 5 but want to double check

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/designguy93
    [link] [comments]

    Has to be the most weirdest thing!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:37 AM PST

    "Hey Siri" - Answer incoming call

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:59 AM PST

    Is it not possible to trigger Siri to answer an incoming call without physically pressing\swiping the accept button or slider?

    Not sure if there is something in accessibility I can turn on to have this work.

    submitted by /u/deanfx
    [link] [comments]

    Can I send a file using imessage

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:28 AM PST

    I don't have an iphone to check this, but can files be send using imessage. I know that you can send text, pictures or even media files, but can I use imessage to send zip files or encrypted json files? I tried to google this question but I didn't find anything conclusive.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/paulsiu
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to use music controls (on headphones/other such things) to control other aspects of the phone?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:26 AM PST

    For example is there an accessibility setting or something to let the play button to mimic ok/tap and the forward/back buttons to select the next/previous item (such as a key on the touchscreen keyboard or open an app).

    P.S: I hope i'm asking in the right place with the right flair, if not my apologies.

    submitted by /u/PolarMammoth3
    [link] [comments]

    I just notice something new while unlocking my phone, what is that switch icon on the uppermost right corner ?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 11:34 PM PST

    Hearing a notification-like sound but can't track its source

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 08:00 AM PST

    There is some sound playing every few minutes on my phone and I can't figure out where it's coming from.

    I've gone into my Notifications settings and turned off Sounds for almost every app other than a select few but verified those apps aren't using this sound I'm hearing.

    It sounds like 4 notes in ascending order, an agreeable tone. It's like 4 notes being 'plucked' so there's no reverberation, it sounds almost like an older 'classic' sound so I went through the phone's built-in sounds list and I don't hear it at all.

    I also turned on Do Not Disturb and it still plays, even interrupting my podcast if that's playing.

    submitted by /u/arealhumannotabot
    [link] [comments]

    iPad suddenly went black and is non-responsive. Tried and failed to restore from iTunes. Help!

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 07:42 AM PST

    iPad 5th gen just suddenly died while I was watching an app. (It was charged. All apple cables are fine. Didn't drop it.)

    The iPad has iOS 14, but I hadn't installed the last couple of updates.

    It won't let me do a hard reset. So I tried to restore through iTunes and got the message that the iPad was in recovery mode, so iTunes retrieves the software, and the white apple appears on the iPad (hope stirs). Then iTunes says sorry, iPad cannot be restored due to an unknown error (hope dies).

    I did this multiple times. I made sure my computer (windows 10) was updated and that iTunes was updated. I restarted the computer.

    The iPad doesn't appear in my computer's device manager. Which seems weird, but since the iPad is fairly new, I never backed it up.

    I know there are a few downloadable tools (both free and paid) that say they can fix various problems involving black screen of death. Are any legit? Is that my best option?

    submitted by /u/floridorito
    [link] [comments]

    Swipe to go back doesnt work?

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:16 AM PST

    So recently I've noticed some people swipe from left to right to go back, I always thought that this was a feature only the Instagram app has but after looking into it it seems that it's an iOS feature even on native apps. But on my phone it doesn't work, does anyone know how to fix this?

    iPhone 12 Pro

    submitted by /u/Googledotcomm
    [link] [comments]

    Wifi speeds very slow but not in Flight Mode

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 03:06 AM PST

    For a few weeks, the wifi speed on my iPhone 12 with the newest IOS (14.4) has unusable wifi speeds (0.9MBps) our wifi should have 30-40MBps. On my pc connected via Lan its completly normal on my Laptop via WIFI to. Just on my IPhone the speeds are terrible. I already tried disabling WIfi assist and resetting wifi settings also tried resetting my router. Nothing worked. I hope someone can help me

    submitted by /u/_Om3ga
    [link] [comments]

    Turn off WiFi/Bluetooth location services tracking

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 06:44 AM PST

    Hey! So as far as I know, my iPhone tracks my nearby WiFi-Networks etc. and sends them to Apple to improve Location Services. Can I turn it off anywhere? Maybe via a jailbreak tweak? It's theoretically possible that Apple could trace my location with this feature without me knowing. It's okay when my location is not always 100% precise...

    submitted by /u/dariushkm
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting an app that you started a free trial for? iOS asks if you want to keep or cancel the subscription

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:32 PM PST

    Downgrading iOS version through an existing backup

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 05:27 AM PST

    As the title implies I'm trying to roll back my iOS version by using an existing backup that I have its 13.6 only problem is it forces me to swipe to upgrade not sure if there's any way to bypass this on the iPhone 11 I already tried disconnecting the router removing the SIM card and nothing so I'm wondering if anyone else has someone bypassed this forced upgrade or should I just not waste my time with this one.

    submitted by /u/Honest_Instruction44
    [link] [comments]

    High screen time usage by unknown scource

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:54 AM PST

    So basically I had a look at my screen time today, and it said 13h of use. Obviously I knew I haven't used my phone that much today, upon closer inspection I found that "1.bp.blogspot.com" has been active for 13 and a half hours, and has a safari icon next to it. I use google chrome and my safari has no history at all. I'm really stumped on what this could be, so I was wondering if any of you guys here would know anything about this?

    Another note, I'm on iOS 14.4 and using an iPhone 11

    EDIT: Hard restarting my phone cleared it and now my screen time for the day is sitting at a much more reasonable 5 hours.

    submitted by /u/tj-421
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 not starting after force restart (hard reset).

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:45 AM PST

    Hi I was charging my iPhone for 3hours yesterday without it starting,

    I saw a video that told me to press volume up volume down, power button in order to hard reset, after pressing these buttons my iPhone wouldn't show any signal what so ever

    submitted by /u/ScytheAbuser339
    [link] [comments]

    I am thinking of buying an iPad for myself, please help me with the following doubts.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:38 PM PST

    Ok so I am a high school student (in my last year of school) and almost entirety of my work is done online through YouTube videos and PDFs and it's between a Laptop vs an iPad for me.

    I would not have had any second thoughts if it wasn't for the following 2 things about YouTube:

    1. I watch a lot of YouTube videos (educational and otherwise) and on the laptop I currently use, there's Chrome extensions which blocks ads for me and there's YT Vanced which does it on my android. I just wanted to know if there's anything similar available for iPad. Also, I know I can just buy the premium for this, so this isn't my biggest issue.

    2. Another thing about YouTube is that I watch videos at a higher speed than what is officially available to save time and cover my syllabus faster. I use 3x, 4x speeds quite frequently and again Chrome extensions help me to do that very easily. So just wanted to know if there's anything available for doing this on an iPad since I have never used one.

    Also I would like to ask what are features available with PDFs and are there enough apps that help me do whatever I want with them? Like opening a book on one side/half and a blank sheet (for solving questions) on the other which I can write on.

    I don't do much else with my device as of now.

    Any other suggestions are welcome.

    submitted by /u/ajaysassoc
    [link] [comments]

    Manual iOS update

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:41 PM PST

    Is there anyway to update iOS manually I've been trying to update iOS 13.4.1 to iOS 14.3 using a ipsw file through iTunes and other 3rd party programs such as 3utools but to no avail

    submitted by /u/Idkanyusername123
    [link] [comments]

    sending random messages

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:23 AM PST

    whenever i send a video, before the video sends, it says "Must Watch!" directly before it every time

    submitted by /u/SwiggitySwootSummer
    [link] [comments]

    Screen recording bug iPhone

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 02:04 AM PST

    My screen recording seems to have a bug where it does not save recordings to my camera roll. If i restart my phone or do a reset, it works 1-2 times, but stops working again after that. I don't have any storage issues or content restrictions, so i don't know what the issue is. Anyone else having problems with the built in screen recorder?

    submitted by /u/tb_gereedschap92
    [link] [comments]

    What does this do and how do I get rid of it? (see bottom of image)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:53 AM PST

    The “share my location” function is working with everyone in my contacts, except for 1 person.

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:19 AM PST

    Except for that it doesn't always refresh my location when I move it the function works very well.

    However, one of my contacts doesn't seem to get it working. It won't say an address or distance from one another in the "Find My" app. Even though it says "X can see your location" for both her and me.

    I've double checked every setting on her phone, but I can't get it to work. She can see only herself in the app, and that's it.

    Does anyone have a golden tip for me to get it to work?

    P.s. I just got my new iPhone last week and haven't figured everything about it out yet. I already posted a question here about a privacy thing a few days ago and received lots of help. After this post I'll stop bothering you guys :P

    submitted by /u/sgnir2
    [link] [comments]

    Best speed reading apps for iPhone and iPad in 2021 - iGeeksBlog

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 01:01 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel