• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 28, 2021

    macOS Opened my MacBook Air this morning this popped up and won’t allow me to close it and has been causing my search engines to not work. If anyone could help it would be great, as I am quite the noob when it comes to Apple and Mac OS.

    macOS Opened my MacBook Air this morning this popped up and won’t allow me to close it and has been causing my search engines to not work. If anyone could help it would be great, as I am quite the noob when it comes to Apple and Mac OS.


    Opened my MacBook Air this morning this popped up and won’t allow me to close it and has been causing my search engines to not work. If anyone could help it would be great, as I am quite the noob when it comes to Apple and Mac OS.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:50 PM PST

    Buggy 100 (I'm a bit confused on what flair to put, bug or feature? lol)

    Posted: 28 Feb 2021 12:21 AM PST

    How to reset the Bluetooth module on your Macbook – Panayiotis Georgiou

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:51 AM PST

    Edge/Brave Browser intermittently renders pages with weird horizontal bars on Big Sur. Has this happened for anyone else? How to fix this?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:57 PM PST

    Outlook Less Functional on Mac

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 09:06 PM PST

    Hi! Has anyone else experienced fewer options on Outlook for Mac? I am a Microsoft 365 subscriber and recently downloaded Outlook on my MacBook Pro. I've noticed that it has fewer options than on my work Windows PC. For example, I cannot import a CSV file of contacts into the program. There's a work around for this, by importing into the Mac Contacts app first, then exporting that into Outlook, but it does not transfer all the information correctly (e.g. addresses). I am disappointed in the limitations. I understand why my office applications are limited on my iPad, but I thought the Mac version would be the same as Windows when I am paying the same subscription fees as if I were on a Windows machine.

    submitted by /u/yani222
    [link] [comments]

    I’ve got a 3 year old iMac still running Mojave...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 12:59 PM PST

    Everything I've seen about Big Sur, says not to upgrade. I was hesitant on Catalina.... so I didn't upgrade. Thinking I should hold off on Big Sur. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/CrumbsAndCarrots
    [link] [comments]

    16 Inch MBP Screen Flickering

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:30 PM PST

    Hello all! I bought a 16 inch MBP in September, and have been experiencing screen flickering when I watch videos in full screen. 8 core I9 2.4ghz AMD 5600M 32gb RAM 2Tb SSD Newest software I've tried resetting the SMC, VRAM, and using a different user and still have the issue. The only thing that seems to make it stop is by turning on auto matrix graphics switching, but this destroys my battery life. Any thoughts/fixes?

    submitted by /u/BloodshotEight0
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I’ve erased my MacBook and want to reinstall macOS. When I use CMD R, it tries to install El Capitan and fails. When I use Opt CMD R to try and install Big Sur, I just keep getting this error?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:03 AM PST

    Installing Cocoapods on an M1 mac.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:04 PM PST

    Hello everyone. I am new to MacOS and iOS development. I am currently going through Angela Yu's course and in it I have to use Cocoapods. I don't want to mess up my mac so before installing I am asking how to install it now that there is native homebrew support. I tried asking this on r/iOSprograaming but i have negative comment karma. Should i do -

    gem install cocoapods or

    brew install cocoapods

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/iamSPARTAN-B312
    [link] [comments]

    Mac os on Nvme.

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:21 PM PST

    Long story short I'm trying to put a new samsung 970 evo in my sister's macbook air 2015. Her old ssd took a crap and I'm having a hard time getting the ssd to work. I found a few videos online explaining what I have to do and the laptop won't detect the ssd. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/MurderingSpork
    [link] [comments]

    Low profile ad blocker for Safari

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:26 AM PST

    Not my area of expertise. Looking for something that won't slow browsing and that functions as advertised. Any recommendations ?

    submitted by /u/Macafficionado
    [link] [comments]

    TextEdit.it, a simple, lightweight, macOS text editor

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 08:09 AM PST

    TextEdit.it, a simple, lightweight, macOS text editor

    Hi there,

    I'm new to coding and I thought I might approach SwiftUI for my first project. I decided to make a simple text editor to let me get to grips with the way macOS development works. The result of my work is TextEdit.it

    Here's my GitHub page: Project GitHub Page

    I am also looking for testers for the app if anyone is interested.

    https://preview.redd.it/5t95q1uwn1k61.png?width=1012&format=png&auto=webp&s=bae2a3ce054dfdecf7e38a1bf7e9820c8f7a012f

    submitted by /u/markydoodled
    [link] [comments]

    How can I restore/replace the 'Dashboard' feature in MacOS Catalina? I want a 'hidden' desktop to the left of my main one with easy to access functions...

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:16 PM PST

    One of my fave MacOS features from back in its OS X days was the ability to have a 'dashboard' desktop that lived to the left of my main desktop and held easy to access widgets like a calculator, world clock, weather and sticky notes so that I could access things with a quick two-finger swipe on my mouse/trackpad without having to click anything.

    Apple, in their infinite wisdom, decided "nobody" was using that feature and removed it in Catalina. I know there's now 'widgets' to replace those things, I know there's still apps for weather, world clock, sticky notes etc, but none of them are as easy to access as simply swiping to the left to access my dashboard was.

    Is there any way to get this back, or any replacement software that will allow me quick access to information like the widgets I mentioned without taking my hand off my mouse?? I highlight that part because that is important to me.

    If anyone has any suggestions please let me know 👍

    submitted by /u/peanutismint
    [link] [comments]

    Disable Gatekeeper on M1 Macs (How to)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 03:24 PM PST

    Hi, today I was trying to run an app that gatekeeper wouldn't let run (This file is damaged, move to trash). The standard:

    sudo spctl --master-disable

    into terminal did not work for me on M1 MacBook Air, and I saw online some others had the same issue, so here's how I fixed it. Keep in mind I know basically nothing about code or anything like that, these are just the steps I took that fixed my problem.

    First download the "Gatekeeper Helper" Command file (Here's a link)

    You won't be able to run this file right away, an error will pop up saying you don't have the permissions, even if you are the admin and the permissions in "Get Info" are read/write, you need to give yourself permissions to execute it.

    So open terminal, paste

    sudo bash

    and enter your password

    next paste

    chmod u+x /path/to/gatekeeperhelper.command

    Of course replacing "/path/to/getekeeperhelper.command" with the path to where your file is.

    u

    is the owner of the file,

    +x

    adds 'execute', so

    u+x

    gives the owner of the file the ability to execute it.

    Finally, run the file, press 3, hit enter, and drag and drop the program you need to run.

    The program will now run as usual!

    submitted by /u/TacticalBeast
    [link] [comments]

    Compile apps with self-signed local certificate on M1 Macbooks?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:52 PM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I've recently been looking for a new laptop, and while I've never owned a mac before and never thought I would join the mac ecosystem, the M1 chips look very promising compared to the competition. However, I usually like to tinker around a lot and install a lot of third party stuff, which I'll be willing to sacrifice on MacOS for the most part, with a few expections.

    What's worrying to me is that there's apparently no way to disable GateKeeper on the m1 macs, and some of the apps I want to use or will want to use probably won't be signed.

    I did read somewhere that you can compile software locally and have a locally signed certificate, but I couldn't find out more on how to do that. Obviously it would be a pain, but I think I can self compile some open source things if need be.

    submitted by /u/antintin0
    [link] [comments]

    Downgrade from Mac OS Catalina to Mojave

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:49 PM PST

    Hello. Would like to do the above, just to get photoshop cs6 working because it's important for my work. My question is how to go about this? I've seen tutorials but some say that if I use the time machine backup from a Catalina, it doesn't work? anybody have any experiences with this? Other option is just a clean install and manually recopy and reinstall all of my important files.

    Thank you in advance

    submitted by /u/roadtofire1
    [link] [comments]

    Help with FlowViewHeight (High Sierra)

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:00 PM PST

    I've searched high and low for this. I want the icon part of cover flow to have default height 180 instead of the huge 500. So I open com.apple.finder.plist using XCode and change FlowViewHeight to 180, but it does nothing. When I open a new finder window or navigate to a different folder, it snaps back to 500. I tried the terminal command found here, but it didn't work, even temporarily. I didn't have this problem on Mavericks, I could resize the cover flow to any size and that size would persist forever until I changed it again.

    If anyone could help me change this preference permanently, or make it have the same behavior as on Mavericks, that would be amazing.

    submitted by /u/Myrmicat
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a new ASUS PA278QV monitor: how to get resolution better than 1920x1080?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:08 PM PST

    The "Default for display" looks terrible (I think it's 1600x1200). When I select "Scaled" I see 120x1080, 1600x1200, etc. The monitor is advertised to have 2560x1440.

    I looked on the ASUS website, there are no drivers for macOS (just Windows).

    I'm using the DVI connector, is that the reason?

    Thanks.

    EDIT: using a last 2013 Mac Pro with AMD FirePro D300 2GB (single one). Uh oh. I have a feeling that's the issue and I just bought the wrong monitor... ugh.

    submitted by /u/e40
    [link] [comments]

    having trouble with Mendeley and Big Sur?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 04:42 PM PST

    Just upgraded to Big Sur... is Mendeley not compatible yet?!

    submitted by /u/threetogetready
    [link] [comments]

    manually geotagging photos is an absolute pain

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 05:13 AM PST

    Which is the best option to retain use of 32 bit apps: partition and dual boot or run a virtual machine program like Parallels/Vmware?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 02:30 PM PST

    Hello!

    I've stuck with Mojave for as long as I could in order to keep using one 32 bit app I can't bear to lose access to, but now my Mac is not operating properly due to the inability to update some things. I'd like to upgrade to the latest OS but find some way to retain use of my 32 bit app.

    So I am trying to decide whether to

    1. partition my 1TB drive and dual boot Mojave and the latest OS, or
    2. use Parallells, Vmware or the like to create a virtual machine with Mojave on it and then upgrade my actual machine to the current OS
    3. create a virtual machine but use Windows on it instead of Mojave (as I've seen some commentary from others that things get a bit wonky when trying to install Mojave on a virtual machine)

    Any advice as to which is the best option? Or another one entirely that I'm unaware of? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LadyRapunzel
    [link] [comments]

    Am I safe to delete my "Relocated Files" folder after updates?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 10:15 AM PST

    Anyone using QEMU for Linux on macOS Big Sur?

    Posted: 27 Feb 2021 06:26 AM PST

    I am getting an HV_ERROR
    and I am not sure what to do.

    qemu-system-x86_64 -accel hvf -cpu host -m 2G -smp 2 -hda Fedora-Cloud-Base-33-1.2.x86_64.qcow2 qemu-system-x86_64: -accel hvf: Error: HV_ERROR Abort trap: 6 

    I found a post on reddit with a solution, but being a beginner, I couldn't understand it. Could you please help me launch the Virtual Machine?

    submitted by /u/EtaDaPiza
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel