• Breaking News

    Friday, January 1, 2021

    macOS My 2015 MacBook Pro crashed and upon restarting the machine, the finder and trash icons have switched places 🤣

    macOS My 2015 MacBook Pro crashed and upon restarting the machine, the finder and trash icons have switched places ��


    My 2015 MacBook Pro crashed and upon restarting the machine, the finder and trash icons have switched places ��

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:24 AM PST

    Clicking that X is worse than clicking X on most ads

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:44 AM PST

    Should I upgrade from Catalina to big sur?

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 12:24 AM PST

    Some people saying big sur runs smoothly while others say it's garbage. I have an intel 2020 MacBook Pro. Any advice?

    submitted by /u/daxter_101
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix ios on m1 mac

    Posted: 01 Jan 2021 02:31 AM PST

    im using the m1 mac mini and i ve download Netflix ios to my mac mini using imazing from my iphone. But it will not open and crash, ive seen some people claiming netflix works on there m1 mac but so far i cannot get it working. Does anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/kylemartin8399
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] iMessage Notifications not showing contact names on macOS 11.1

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:18 PM PST

    It just shows the phone number or email.

    submitted by /u/unbeatable_101
    [link] [comments]

    fix the common error when trying to reinstall or recover your older mac

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:56 PM PST

    How to AirDrop or transfer photos from Mac to other devices without losing photo data?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:27 PM PST

    In iOS and iPad, the share sheet has an option to toggle Location and All Photos Data. However, I can't see the same options in Mac. It's frustrating that every time a transfer an edited photo from my Mac to my iPhone, for instance, most of the photo info are stripped off (e.g., geo location). Is there any way to transfer photos from my Mac to my iPhone/iPad while retaining all photo information?

    submitted by /u/FirmNaringenin7312
    [link] [comments]

    Horrible Performance on BigSur

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 03:16 PM PST

    I finally updated my 2019 MacBook Pro (purchased ~8 months ago) from Catalina and now just about everything is slow. I've seen anecdotal reports of this and a coworker said the same but his Mac is the oldest model that can still update to BigSur.

    I don't mean just intensive tasks, I mean if I open finder, launch an app, minimize/maximize windows, etc it just hangs. Even my Magic Mouse is lagging/freezing constantly.

    I mostly just write code on it in a minimal editor (Atom), but every other file I switch to just hangs for ~5 seconds (despite having been already loaded to RAM). This thing has become unusable.

    Just curious if others have had this experience and if they were able to fix it. I've already tried NVRAM/SMC, but haven't reinstalled yet bc I'm curious if it's even worth the time or just better to go back to Catalina.

    submitted by /u/easyEs900s
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make the play/pause button launch Spotify instead of Apple Music?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:12 AM PST

    I'm a MacOS noob, I came from a lifetime of Windows and have literally been using this laptop for less than a week. As I've been able to figure out so far, the default behavior of the play/pause button seems to be to launch Apple Music. This is not very useful to me since I don't really use Apple Music. I would like to make the play/pause button launch Spotify instead, if that's possible, but I can't figure out how or if I can do that. Is there a way?

    submitted by /u/ofstoriesandsongs
    [link] [comments]

    How do I allow software update for steam? Mac is up to date

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:40 PM PST

    Logging out and logging in current account

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:25 PM PST

    Hi,

    Is it normal if I log out my mac and then log back in, leading me to new set up screen and make my mac like when i first bought it?

    submitted by /u/gensweg
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot login Apple ID and cannot connect to iTunes store error 11556 on Music

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 04:23 PM PST

    Hi,

    Has anyone encounter this issue? I would like to know how to fix without resetting my macOS :-(

    I am using Macbook Pro 2020, Big Sur.

    Thank you.

    submitted by /u/gensweg
    [link] [comments]

    Any free software that allows you to have custom webcam background and use that as input source on any app?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 02:28 PM PST

    Really, Apple? Safari ads now? I buy Apple devices to stay away from this Microsofty self advertisement. Apple should really stay away from this sort of stuff to maintain their identity and integrity. What to you guys think?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 09:54 PM PST

    Cant download macOS

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:57 PM PST

    I seem to be having an issue with the ability of downloading macOS. Im trying to get catalina but its not working for me. I've searched high and low through google, tried all sorts of links, nothing works.

    One example would be going to apple website, do a search for "download macos catalina" first link i click pop up how i want to open link, which then i can select "Music" or "App Store"

    So if i pick app store i always get error cannot connect, but keep in mind i can download anything else including big sur.

    If i pick music, ill first be prompted sometime like i need to switch to US store blah blah blah, then when i do that i try again, its not available in US store. I tried with a registered icloud from canada and US, as well as vpn to a US server. All sorts of combinations and nothing works.

    I even looked on torrent sites, but nothing is clean, all been messed around with.

    I have the same problem on both my macs, one being 2018 MPB 13", other being 2015 iMac 27"

    Thanks for taking the time to help me in advance.

    submitted by /u/merve04
    [link] [comments]

    An issue with app windows showing up in the lower corner of the screen from sleep or unhidden.

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Hello, I currently have an issue with the Mac mini M1 on Big Sur.

    I notice that when I open an app that was hidden after some time or from sleep, it doesn't appear in the same place on the screen, it's usually in the lower-left corner of the screen.

    has anyone else experienced this?

    I'm using a Benq PD3220u via HMDI.

    submitted by /u/cespejo
    [link] [comments]

    Return to Login screen

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Brand new (that is, everything fresh b/c new machine) installation of 11.1 on new iMac Pro.

    Love it!

    But one oddity; anyone else, please?

    Twice in about three weeks I have left my iMac powered up for a couple of hours unattended. When I've sat down to resume work, instead of what I'd expect (after waking it): a familiar desktop background and a password prompt only, it's been at the Login screen… garish pink and choice of users.

    Not sure if the machine has otherwise crashed or restarted.

    But I don't think it's normal…

    submitted by /u/LeedsBorn1948
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro won’t update to BigSur

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:54 AM PST

    I've been trying since last night to update to BigSur but it keeps saying the computer doesn't have enough space even though I know it does. I deleted basically everything off of my computer but it still says I need more space and the space required keeps on going up no matter what I do. Did this happen to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/07nico
    [link] [comments]

    Media Keys and Control Center Apple Music Do Not Work

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:38 AM PST

    So basically my play/pause keys dont work for my apple music. Additionally if I press play on control center for apple music it does not work.

    WEIRDEST PART: If I tell Siri to pause she says "I cant do that in that app"!

    Latest version of bigsur on mac 16'' 2019

    submitted by /u/Kiira613
    [link] [comments]

    High Sierra on new MacBook?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:07 AM PST

    Ok so I want to use an app that no longer works on anything past High Sierra. My question is if I have a new MacBook with big sur on it and with this cool new APFS feature can I also install high Sierra on it as a dual boot for my older apps I still want to use?

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Spiderman__jizz
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur update broke my wifi

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 11:02 AM PST

    I have a late 2015 macbook 12inches A1534. Wifi worked perfectly till I had Catalina. 4 days back I updated to big Sur and now the wifi switches on and off, note it does not disconnect but the wifi itself turns on and off every 2 seconds. I tried to install Mojave and Catalina and now I face the same issue in both of those os too. I installed High Sierra and the wifi works perfectly I was able to download 12+gb using the wifi connection but on Mojave and above I face wifi issue. Tried all possible fixes like smc reset, nvram reset, recovery, etc. Internet recovery does not go ahead of selecting wifi. Wifi does not switch off while on internet recovery but the recovery does not go ahead. I am at my wits end. Please help me solve this issue. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Warrior261202
    [link] [comments]

    Getting iOS apps to work/run on MacOS?

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 10:59 AM PST

    is there a way to get iOS apps to run on MacOS? i know android has workarounds like bluestacks or android emulators. is there something similar for mac for iOS apps? i don't use an iphone.

    submitted by /u/itscool83
    [link] [comments]

    Help Understanding Battery Preferences Big Sur

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 07:04 AM PST

    Help Understanding Battery Preferences Big Sur

    Hi,

    Could someone help me understand what the empty section (without bars) in the battery level section represents? Why does it not have bars like the other parts of it?

    https://preview.redd.it/3omtryi5fj861.png?width=1354&format=png&auto=webp&s=fe5a283341fd0ae1273bf9e38e5d08be42bafe60

    submitted by /u/hedwigy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel