• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 5, 2021

    iPhone My iPhone 7 (I know) has started freezing and going really slowly, then getting really hot. Is there anything I can do to save it?

    iPhone My iPhone 7 (I know) has started freezing and going really slowly, then getting really hot. Is there anything I can do to save it?


    My iPhone 7 (I know) has started freezing and going really slowly, then getting really hot. Is there anything I can do to save it?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:50 PM PST

    Like the title says, I don't really want to get a new iPhone unless I have to, but lately the phone will start operating really slowly, and then it gets really physically hot. I usually turn it off for 15 minutes, but after a few days it'll happen again.

    I've been closing the apps by double-tapping and swiping them up, but that doesn't seem to help.

    Is it just on its last legs, or is there anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/MalachiConstant7
    [link] [comments]

    Does installing iOS updates wipe Authenticator/Authy data?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:42 PM PST

    Don't want to lose all my stuff, y'know?

    submitted by /u/comiccaty
    [link] [comments]

    iphone system storage

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:38 PM PST

    How can I decrease storage space? I've cleared safari history. Deleted anything extra. I have literally like 4 apps now. After the last update it seems the storage really filled up. What can I possibly do the clear up space?

    submitted by /u/brm138
    [link] [comments]

    Forgot to Sign Out Before Selling

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:52 PM PST

    I got an iPhone 12 Pro for the holiday and easily transferred everything over (apps, layout, photos, passwords, etc.) from my iPhone 8 plus. I waited a few days to erase my older iPhone just in case I needed something, but I was good to go.

    I had to send my iPhone 8 plus back to Verizon, so I "erased all content and settings" BUT... I forgot to sign out of iCloud/all social media apps before I did that.

    I'm just freaking out now because obviously I don't want anyone to have access to my email/texts/photos/social media, etc. I checked my Apple ID logins and my iPhone 8 isn't showing, although it's not currently activated.

    When I erased all content and settings and the phone turned back on it had the "Hello" screen pop up to start a phone setup process, so I'm assuming it worked? I'm just nervous that if someone buys the phone from Verizon and signs in, something of mine will be there. I'm not worried about what's on there, just don't want private info in the hands of a stranger (family photos, photos of my niece/nephew, etc.)

    Is erase all content and settings sufficient enough not to worry?

    submitted by /u/vaneenhan
    [link] [comments]

    Photo zoomed in when I send it.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:50 PM PST

    I have iPhone 12 mini and when I send photos via text to my buddies iPhone 7 they are really zoomed in. You can't even tell what it is. Help please.

    submitted by /u/Coop31385
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X screen bulging on right side

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:40 PM PST

    So like the title said I have recently found that the right side of my iPhone X screen is starting to lift up. Other than that my phone works perfectly fine. Is this a battery problem Because I thought the battery is on the left side of the phone so it's weird how the right side is going up.

    submitted by /u/Alphem_384
    [link] [comments]

    hELP????

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:14 PM PST

    So I woke up today and my iPhone 7's screen was just black. I try to do the hard reset button but no matter how long I hold down the power button + volume down button the apple logo won't show up. I've been charging it for a bit but nothing is happening. I've also plugged in my phone for like an hour but nothing is happening even then

    please help???

    submitted by /u/fridgey_puff
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if i delete the files in the google drive section on my files app

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:51 PM PST

    Will I delete the pictures from google drive too?

    submitted by /u/Altruistic_Custard15
    [link] [comments]

    videocardbenchmark.net used almost 20hrs of screen time today?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:11 PM PST

    Title pretty much says it all, the screen time app revealed that videobenchmark.net used 20 hrs of screen time today and a few hours last night, starting about 8pm. It's logged under the safari app, but I don't even use safari. Any ideas or similar issues?

    submitted by /u/FrazzledFrank
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe: “Your name” caller ID

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:17 PM PST

    How do I stop my first and last name from showing up as "maybe: my name" on people's caller ID?

    submitted by /u/into_the_maelstrom
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro dialing from any app I use

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:32 PM PST

    So my iPhone 12 pro yesterday is now dialing numbers from me using touchscreen in any app that I use in phone (in fact whole typing this it dialed two numbers I had to hang up on, when it dials the numbers and connect/disconnect screen comes up as if I was using phone)

    iOS is up to date, I refreshed phone twice and restored from backup, made sure fully charged. (Also removed screen glass/protector to make sure that was not it .. so $40 wasted already there )

    It's still doing this today and waiting to hear back from Apple and T-Mobile on what next to try, or if I need to rma the device.

    Phone thinks I'm trying to type and dial number depending on where I touch screen from within ANY app on phone.

    submitted by /u/pdxracer5
    [link] [comments]

    Best free Adblock for safari?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:26 PM PST

    Looked through older posts in r/iPhone but could only find stuff that's free for a week and then you have to pay per month (Adguard). Are there ANY free adblocks for safari anymore? Mainly want to block ads on the safari version of YouTube.

    submitted by /u/Bonzo77
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 6s only charges when restarted?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:08 PM PST

    Hello, my iPhone 6s only starts charging after i restart it. if it's charging and i remove the cable, i have to restart it again for it to start charging. i'm on ios 14.2

    submitted by /u/Solitude4ever
    [link] [comments]

    New to iPhone / Gboard not working in native mail app

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 02:01 PM PST

    Two days into the iPhone universe (after a dozen + years with Android). I've been able to solve most of my minor frustrations but here's a major one. I have Gboard set as my default keyboard. However, it does not show up in the native mail app. I've tried everything (re-installing, access refresh, deleting the other keyboard) and nothing works.
    Other native apps (iMessage, etc) show gboard just fine - but Mail is like, 'nope, you get this.'
    I've seen various complaints about gboard and iphone over the years but nothing with this odd presentation.

    Hoping someone here can help me.
    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mosugs
    [link] [comments]

    I have a peice of my charger stuck in my iPhone how do I fix this

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:23 AM PST

    CarPlay Issue

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:12 AM PST

    Wondering if anyone else has this issue as well - or if it's a setting I'm not doing (just came from Android...be easy)

    When I plug in my 12PM to a 2016 Silverado - I'm able to use CarPlay. All good, maps work, I can Text/call...but when I call someone they complain I'm very choppy/staticky, and noticed Siri has a hard time with my voice replies.

    I opened up voice memos and recorded myself. Definitely quiet, choppy/staticky, hard to make out what I'm saying.

    If I unplug from the USB, everything is fine (over Bluetooth in the truck and disconnected from Bluetooth ).

    I'm running 14.3 - tried other cords with the same result. I thought maybe it was a charging interference issue so plugged into a charging block and tried - all was good.

    Anyone have any advice on what's going on?

    submitted by /u/Lawless___
    [link] [comments]

    Question about iPhone security.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 12:43 PM PST

    Hello everyone and happy new year, this is my first post in this community, I just wanted to ask a question and hear out the thoughts of more experienced and tech savvy people.

    The past few weeks I am getting paranoid that my iPhone (X, iOS 14.3) has been hacked by a third party, I am going to list the reasons why I think this is untrue below but I am just asking you in order to find peace of mind and not worry about it anymore.

    What I am concerned about is if someone is listening to my conversations through my microphone that he is activating remotely and recording me. I don't have anything to hide but I just feel anxious about having my privacy invaded.

    I have spent quite a few hours researching the topic and these are the reasons I think that justify that my phone has NOT been hacked, if I am wrong on any of these, please correct me.

    Looking forward to your responses and also to more ideas of what else I should check in order to be sure.

    So these are the examples I have found so far but I am still feeling anxious about it so feel free to add to the list.

    why iphone x isn't hacked:

    1. ios 14 jailbreak not out till recently/ iphone x limited (nobody has touched my phone the past 2 months and even before I was present)
    2. needs physical access from third party/application to be installed through malicious link sent to an email/text message etc
    3. phone shows signs of performance issues (battery drain, overheat, apps crashing)
    4. unsual apps would be within the phone and user would be able to locate these either through phone's storage, or battery's usage
    5. no signs of compromised data
    6. network usage would be higher (sending data to the server, checked through mobile date usage)
    7. can't have passcode if the device is jailbroken because it does not have SEP bypass

    Thank you very much for your time you are putting in this to help me out.

    submitted by /u/nskord
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to change the Twitter app notification sound?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:45 AM PST

    Dumb question but I have looked in the app, iOS settings, can't find an option but I thought you could in years past.

    submitted by /u/relegatedreddit
    [link] [comments]

    Safari keeps crashing! Please help!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 11:28 AM PST

    I Have no idea what's going on does anybody know a fix? I tried a restart but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated.

    If it helps I'm on an XR iOS 14.3.

    submitted by /u/omjc
    [link] [comments]

    Maps app not reading directions out loud

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 10:25 AM PST

    My maps app just makes a dinging noise each time there is a new direction to be read out loud, rather than actually reading the directions. Any idea how to fix it? All my settings seem to be correct

    submitted by /u/Oreditt
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 7 plus storage issue

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    My storage is full by 'others' and i only have 2 apps installed in my phone and i cant use anything else. How do i solve this issue

    submitted by /u/elliesayzhi
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro sometimes plays unusually loud/glitchy notification sounds when in use

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:25 AM PST

    Hey,

    I've a problem with my iPhone 12 Pro running iOS 14.3. The device was bought in Germany at a local retailer (Saturn) around two weeks after release.

    The problem is that the phone audio sometimes (like once a day) glitches when playing a notification sound.

    Most of the time it happens with WhatsApp notifications, it'll for example start the "Pling" sound like normal but in the middle of the sound suddenly massively increases the volume to what feels like max volume. It kind of sounds like "PliiiIIING" vs the "Pliiiiiing" that it's supposed to be. It's really loud.

    I've also had this happen with the locking sound. Instead of a "click" sound it played a really loud "CHRCKK" once.

    This happens since I've got the phone and only while using it. I don't remember this happening with the screen turned off and I don't know how to replicate it. Phone restart and/or update to newest iOS version didn't solve it.

    I'm new to iOS and thought that this was just a software issue but I couldn't find anything about this online so I'm starting to wonder if there is something wrong with the device.

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/darnkow
    [link] [comments]

    iphone randomly plays music

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:11 AM PST

    this is the fourth day in a row of this happening. at exactly 7AM the last 4 days, the same song has started playing and waking me up. music app has been completely closed with no way for it to be opened. my phone has been restarted once, and has been sleeping all times that this has happened. two times it has been plugged in and charging. each morning i have to pause the music, unlock my phone, physically start the music app and close it so the music doesn't turn on again. it starts from the beginning each morning.

    this phone is a 12 pro running on 14.2.1 (will do 14.3 update later). does anyone have any idea what's causing this?

    submitted by /u/bad-worm
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to upload/backup portrait shots without losing their depth maps?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:54 AM PST

    I want to back up my portrait shots while still allowing me to reload these images and edit them as portraits (i.e., their depth maps are retained, allowing me to still edit portrait style, blur amount, etc). However, photos backed up by cloud services such as Google Photos lose their depth data. Furthermore, when I attempt to upload them manually through my MacBook, they immediately lose their depth data the moment they are received by the laptop.

    Here's what I also observed: whenever I transter portrait photos between iOS and iPadOS through AirDrop (with All Photos Data turned on in the share sheet), their depth data is preserved. But the moment I move them to my MacBook following the same procedure, they lose the depth data.

    Any suggested workaround will be highly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/FirmNaringenin7312
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel