• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 5, 2021

    Apple Help 15 hours remaining? Is this supposed to happen? Thats so much

    Apple Help 15 hours remaining? Is this supposed to happen? Thats so much


    15 hours remaining? Is this supposed to happen? Thats so much

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Ipad Air 2 shows apple logo (Doesnt show up in the video) Then goes back to a black screen. It hasnt bern charged since mid July 2020.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:58 PM PST

    If I delete all the files from here will they delete off my google drive? This is my files app

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    How to share family photos using iCloud?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    I subscribe to Apple One 2 TB storage plan. Previously used Google Photos with a partner account to share all photos with my wife. I've migrated to iCloud and plan to stay here.

    My question is, how do I share my photos with my wife? Can she use multiple iCloud accounts on her iPhone / iPad? We use iMessage to communicate so I don't know if that would work.

    Please share ideas how to share photos with family / partner

    submitted by /u/machx1111
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Air can’t create a new account?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:18 PM PST

    The screen will get stuck after I create a computer account for several minutes until I get an error message "Your computer account could not be created with the name and password specified. Please try again." It will take about 7 minutes to get to this message.

    If I shutdown the MacBook while it's stuck, it will take me back to the login screen. When I enter the password I chose it will not work. When I click on reset using Apple ID, my Apple ID does not work.

    I know i can tAke it back to the store but I'm trying to trouble shoot the issue rather than wait. Anyways, I'm just more curious what the issue is.

    Edit: when booting from startup disk, Startup Security Utility not working? Idk if this helps troubleshoot

    submitted by /u/Kip_Hackman_
    [link] [comments]

    How to tell if my iPhone was refurbished or open-box?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 06:34 PM PST

    I recently bought an open box iPhone XR from BestBuy. After it had shipped I realized that the original listing had changed sellers and the new sellers had really bad reviews. By this, I mean that the reviews were saying that they're a fraudulent merchant and how the phones either never came or came damaged in some way.

    My phone didn't come in original packaging and didn't come with anything else besides a charger block and cord. there were tiny scratches along the edge and there was quite a bit of dust in the charging port. So far it seems to be working just fine but I'm still not sure if it's actually open box or refurbished.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/4pebbles
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music won’t play my customized radio station

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    I've had this error come up for months now. Apple Music will not play the customized radio station for me. Like when you say to Siri "play my radio station". I've tried everything. Signed out of iTunes/Apple Music/Apple ID and even reset my phone. I uninstalled and reinstalled the Music app too. I just don't know what to do. It's my favorite feature in Apple Music since it plays songs from my library and songs outside my library. I've opened two support cases with Apple and they eventually stop responding. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Here's a screenshot of what comes up when trying to play my station: https://i.imgur.com/HO3YO9w.jpg

    Edit: it's worth noting that this occurs on my MacBook as well. Which tells me it's not my devices and rather something on Apple's end.

    submitted by /u/thegarbagesauce
    [link] [comments]

    I changed the email I use for my AppleID and this message won’t go away

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 03:31 PM PST

    I recently got a WiFi only iPad and I don't own an iPhone. I can make (via email) and receive facetime calls on my iPad if the other person has added my email in the account. Is there anyway to link my phone number to the iPad so that anyone who has only my phone number can also facetime me?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:28 PM PST

    To clear any doubts, I can make facetime calls from iPad using the email linked to apple id if I have the other person's phone number or email.

    submitted by /u/damnmofo
    [link] [comments]

    I bought a pre owned iPhone but the screen is after market, should I replace?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:16 PM PST

    Hello would like everyones opinion here,

    Long story short, I bought a pre-owned iPhone xs max and so far it's working beautifully, but I realized the panel been replaced as the edge to where the screen and stainless steel meet has a bump to it. Also I noticed it's not LED, as I can clearly see the blacks being lit compared to my previous phone (the x), true tone option is nowhere in setting, 3d touch isnt working, and when I apply pressure to the panel I see some subtle jellow effects happening on the screen.

    But as far as everthing else, it's working fine. Face id, the camera, speakers, touch screen, etc all seem to work 100% fine. I'm toying with the idea of getting the screen replaced but idk if spending an extra 329 + tax for a new screen is worth it, idk tho, what do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Throwawayiphonex
    [link] [comments]

    An error occurred during activation

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 09:00 PM PST

    An error occurred during activation

    So whenever I try to set up my iMessage or FaceTime it says "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've tried literally everything from contacting apple, waiting 24 hours, resetting my phone, everything. When I contacted apple they said I should contact my carrier but I don't a SIM card in my phone, and I didn't need it before on my other phones. If any of you could help me that'd be great. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Suburbanbby
    [link] [comments]

    A1502 MBP mystery problem!

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:45 PM PST

    Hello geniuses! I have entered the headscraching phase. My sister and my MBPs both died on the same day! Hers is an a1502 late 2013 model, mine is an a1502 2015 model.

    My computer just wouldnt charge, and kept losing power until it died. I went ahead and just replaced my logic board as no power was recieved after plugging the magsafe charger in (also put in a new magsafe itself just incase) my computer booted up and I was able to use it no problem.

    My sisters had trackpad problems, the mouse would freak out so she had to use a wired mouse. On top of that, her display was showing a green and pink like down the middle, no biggie. One day it was working fine, she shut it and later reopened it, and well it just never came on again. It recieves power through the magsafe, but no sounds or display. I read the track pack can cause power problems so I replaced that. Didnt work. I sighed heavy and got a replacement motherboard. An a1502 mid 2014 logicboard. Hers was 2.6 ghz, this one is 2.8ghz, both i5. Decent price too.

    I got it, installed it, plugged it in to charge and boom! The apple logo lit up, it was beautiful. I let it fully charge and then opened it. The computer booted up into the login screen, so I closed it again thinking my work here was done. 2 days later my sister walks in looking for it. I give her the good news and ..... it doesnt turn on. I plugged it in, the charge light stays green. I'm a lil nervous. No power-on sounds. Black screen. Tried resetting SMC. Nothing. I'm at a loss.

    Doe anybody have any ideas, suggestions, voodoo magic they are willing to share as to what's going on, why, and what to do??

    My thanks for reading!

    submitted by /u/safailla
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get my messages from when my phone was off?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:44 PM PST

    My phone was damaged on the 1st and I just got my replacement today, on the 5th. During that period it was completely off and unusable. When I set up my replacement today, I didn't receive any of my messages from people trying to contact me that I know they sent. What can I do? Will I ever receive them or are they permanently gone? I've been looking everywhere trying figure this out, thanks for any help!!!

    submitted by /u/Moment_Tough
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod Audio Sync

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 04:44 PM PST

    Anyone having audio sync issues on HomePods? I have calibrated, deleted them and added them back to my home network, tried the TV settings and nothing. It's pretty annoying and I'm gonna sell them if I can't fix it.

    submitted by /u/Gorditoxxvi
    [link] [comments]

    Authentic airpods?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:29 PM PST

    I'm thinking of buying some airpods on Mercari (a resale website). Serial number is authentic and repairs and service coverage (which I believe is one year) is valid until 11/30/21. Assuming the serial number on the charging case and airpods themselves (is there a serial number on them?) matches, can I be sure they're real. Is it possible it's a real serial number that's being put on counterfeit headphones? Thanks!!!!

    submitted by /u/nonexistentvariable7
    [link] [comments]

    Battery of iPhone 12 Pro Max is draining itself abnormally fast

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:24 PM PST

    I traded my iPhone 11 Pro Max for the 12 Pro Max. I was really surprised at how good the battery was on the 11 and I was hoping that it would at least be the same on the 12 Pro Max.

    It's been 2 weeks I'm using it now and there's no doubt in my mind that there's a serious issue with the battery of my brand new iPhone. It's loosing on average 15-20% every hour without me using it. These last two days, I left it on my desk at work without having any app running in the background and only having the Wi-Fi turned on.

    That's not normal. You'd expect that from an old phone that's been used for at least 4 years.

    What's more concerning is that I found a lot of other people on forums discussing the same problem that they have with their battery.

    Of course I can return it but I'm starting to think that the whole iPhone 12 series is defective. It's a shame because I wanted those new cameras etc. but I'd rather have the same battery performance I had with my 11 Pro Max...

    Any idea on what could cause that issue?

    submitted by /u/lil-ocelot
    [link] [comments]

    Skipping audio on BT headphones

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:16 PM PST

    I got some new headphones for Xmas and can't seem to get them to work on my iMac. I have the basic Apple BT keyboard and a BT Logitech mouse already connected. Previously I had really cheap BT headphones that connected with no issues they're just bad so I needed new ones.

    Tried connecting the new ones and after struggling to sync and them flipping back and forth showing connected/not connected they finally connect solidly but the audio skips really badly.

    I then tried connecting a pair of earbuds to see what happens and they had the same issues. After some testing I found that when I turned my mouse off the audio skipping immediately cleared up and sounded fine.

    I had already 'forgotten' the old headphones so I tried reconnecting those and had zero issues so I'm not sure what's going on.

    submitted by /u/geekstudio
    [link] [comments]

    Which keyboard and mouse work with my Ipad?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 08:06 PM PST

    I have a 2015 ml0f2fd/a ipad pro 12,9" and with the new Steam-link keyboard and mouse support I'm looking to buy a keyboard or Smart case and a mouse. I'm really struggling to find good information because every site just talks about the newest tech and all Shops explicitly state only for 8th/ 7th ge, 6.5. and so on. I assume this is because the size is different and the Smart case doesn't fit. But I don't know.
    Is my I pad captable of getting connected with a any bluetooth keyboard and mouse like this for example? Will newer smart cases not fit?
    https://www.amazon.com/OMOTON-Ultra-Slim-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Enabled/dp/B00GD1BGYO
    Unfortunately even the keyboards explicit for this Ipad are either not available anymore or haven't lost much of their price. Logitech Create and ZAGG Slim Book look very nice. I need hard keys because gaming.

    Long story short: Which keyboard and Mouse should I buy for a 12.9" ipad pro ml0f2fd/a to use for gaming with the steamlink app?

    submitted by /u/Trashfrog
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K graphical glitches

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 12:32 PM PST

    My Apple TV 4K has worked great over the past 3-4 years that I've had it. In the last 3 months or so, It started randomly having graphical glitches. This has happened about 5 times in the past few months and usually the way to fix it is to put the Apple TV to sleep and not use it for a while. I've tried different inputs on my AV receiver, different HDMI cables and plugging it directly into the TV and non of these fix the issue. I think my receiver is fine because all the other devices connected to it are functioning fine. Anyone have any ideas about what I should do?

    https://reddit.com/link/kr72he/video/eqamd5eopk961/player

    submitted by /u/Bancas
    [link] [comments]

    Why can't you reboot the iPhone automatically?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:48 PM PST

    As far as I can tell, an iPhone can only be turned off, and then when it's off, it can be turned on. Has there ever been an old iPhone where you can turn it on and off in one move? Is there some sort of software reason that makes this impossible?

    submitted by /u/zafiroblue05
    [link] [comments]

    Hi guys. I’ve been having problems with my iPhone for a while now and it only charges when switched off. How do I fix it?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    I'm unable to charge my phone unless switched off. I've replaced my charger and the wire but it's still not fixed and the charger is authentic Apple. But somehow when I use someone else's chargers it works. I don't know how.

    submitted by /u/ohshitadecepticon
    [link] [comments]

    thunderbolt to GBe compatible with usb-c?

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:43 PM PST

    I need to get an ethernet adapter for my macbook 12" retina, which has only a singular usb-c port. but the only adapter available in store is this thunderbolt to GBe adapter. will it work?

    submitted by /u/thetrystero
    [link] [comments]

    Should I replace my iPad for the 2nd time? So my iPad makes a buzzing noise with the magnetic case on whenever the scrolling is done or even when the screen is touched. Removing the case does solve the issue. Note that side of the case that has the smart connector is left open.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:33 PM PST

    MacBook Pro slow download speeds.

    Posted: 05 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    hey I got the 2020 MacBook pro it works perfect but when I download things its very slow ( max 1.5 mb ). I believe my internet is ok cause im currently downloading a game on my xbox and its over 20 mbs. what can I do to help

    Edit: im on big Sur beta

    submitted by /u/ImmSmith
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel