• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:00 AM PST

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    Ned Lasso

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:29 AM PST

    Lord of the Rings: DVD vs Blu Ray vs Apple 4K

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    Hi,

    The other day I bought The Lord of the Rings Extended Edition from Apple for $25. The versions Apple is hosting are 4K that support Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos. I'll always own physical versions of movies but have started to buy some 4K titles on Apple Movies.

    Below is a comparison of 3 images from Fellowship of the Ring on DVD, standard Blu Ray, and Apple 4K. The DVD and Blu Ray versions were playing on an older Blu Ray player connected to an LG OLED557BA. The Apple 4K version was playing through an Apple TV 4K over wireless with very little buffering time so who knows it could look even better with a wired connection (will do soon).

    The images don't do the pictures justice as they are from a Samsung S9 which is also adding a slight warm tint.

    Anyway I was bored this evening and wanted to do a little comparison test. Which images look the best in your opinion?

    DVD

    Blu Ray (1080p Blu Ray)

    Apple 4K

    submitted by /u/PinballBomb
    [link] [comments]

    Subscribing CBS All Access and Showtime for $9.99 (Question)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 04:11 AM PST

    Hi guys, I just saw the banner of the deal subscribing CBS All Access and Showtime for $9.99 if you have Apple TV+ or One, I have Apple TV+.

    I subscribed CBS and then Showtime but it didnt show any $9.99 deal, it is showing in My Subscription $9.99 after trial for CBS and 10.99 for Showtime.

    What did I do wrong here?

    submitted by /u/viktrcoim
    [link] [comments]

    Watching movies through TV app vs movies app

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:07 AM PST

    As per title. You can watch movies in your iTunes library on your Apple TV via the "movies - iTunes" app or the Apple TV app. Anyone noticed any difference between the two? Via the Apple TV app I see you can go straight into your 4K movies which is pretty cool, but I haven't seen anything else different.

    submitted by /u/flappersack
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV Issue?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:56 PM PST

    Recently my Family AppleTV has been facing an odd issue concerning a bright occasional green glitchy flash on screen that interferes with our watching.

    Does anyone have any ways to solve this issue?

    submitted by /u/RealBerkelyStudent
    [link] [comments]

    Show starts automatically when screensaver starts

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:07 AM PST

    When I am watching shows on Disney+ and Philo (maybe others, but I can't remember) and press pause, the show pauses like it is supposed to. After a few minutes, the screen saver turns on and the show starts playing. I can hear the show running but the screensaver is on.

    Is anyone else having this issue? Is there a fix? TVOS is up to date.

    submitted by /u/camman595
    [link] [comments]

    Season 2 episode 5 and on is out of order in the app for me. Titles abs descriptions are correct but the actual episode that plays is wrong.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:12 PM PST

    Cable provider log In

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:59 PM PST

    Any one have an idea why I have to consistently activate the TLCgo app every day?

    submitted by /u/francium94
    [link] [comments]

    Show is too dark compared to rest of the screen.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:29 AM PST

    I'm trying to watch Central Park but it is too dark even on full brightness. I am using 12 Pro. But the rest of the screen is bright. The UI when tapping the screen to pause or rewind is bright. When I go on PIP, the rest of the screen is bright but the show is dark.

    submitted by /u/scon25x
    [link] [comments]

    Neighbor’s AppleTV keeps prompting me for password

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:01 PM PST

    My neighbor's AppleTV is relatively close to my house. My phone keeps prompting me for a password for her AppleTV. She's not in my network...I think it's just a proximity thing. Can I set my phone to ignore it, or does she have to do it on their end?

    submitted by /u/Snoopfernee
    [link] [comments]

    ATV 4K + Moonlight

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:43 PM PST

    Hey guys,

    I'm about to sell my Nvidia Shield 2019 and buy an ATV 4K instead, just so tired of all the small issues I'm having with the Shield. One thing is that there is no automatic frame rate matching and that I feel that I need to reboot it every now and then because the overall feeling is just so sluggish.

    Anyways, I have looked at the ATV and can see that it can do everything I need. I actually removed the shield from my setup a couple of days ago and installed all apps on my Sony XH900 that has a very fast and snappy Android TV OS, it really got all I needed from the Shield. Except one thing and that is a fast enough chip to be able to handle Moonlight stream from my PC. The Shield gave me around 3ms decoding time and the TV was 25ms, which gave me input lag and audio sync issues.

    So that leads to my question, does anyone use Moonlight and how is the performance?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/qwertylol111
    [link] [comments]

    Recently bought a Samsung tv from Best Buy with an Apple TV+ for 3 months promotion, going to the website linked takes me here, where I’ve been stuck for hours.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:46 AM PST

    Steam Link update (2020-12-23-ish?) no longer supports PS4 on Apple TV? (LED changed from yellow to blue.)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:49 AM PST

    Has anyone else encountered issue with Steam Link on AppleTV with PS4 controllers? I don't know how to tell the version of Steam Link on Apple TV, but I assume a new version was pushed out when they updated iOS 2 weeks ago.

    Update 1.1.66 says added support for PS4 LED and Touchpad. Which seems related to this... the color of the LED used to be yellow but is now blue.

    Except I can't use it to control anything in Steam Link or the games. The only button which works is X. (And the PS button, but it seems that AppleTV is responding to that and it isn't for use by Steam Link.)

    Steam Support ticket: HT-3Y9J-3J9P-YX7G

    submitted by /u/gordonmcdowell
    [link] [comments]

    Breaking now: no more tvOS 14.2

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:39 PM PST

    Yep, tvOS 14.2 is being unsigned, iOS 14.2 is next

    submitted by /u/CaptainChris2018
    [link] [comments]

    Best alternate remote for Apple TV 4K?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:57 AM PST

    I got an Apple TV 4K for my 26th birthday a couple of months back, and I've been enjoying it since. But I really don't like the touchpad on the Siri Remote; it's way too impractical for me and I have trouble navigating because of it. So I'm looking for an alternative. I did use a Walmart gift card that my grandparents got me for Christmas on a URC7935 universal remote, and while it did work OK, it was apparently unable to reach the app switcher and quick sleep menu that are accessed by tapping/holding the home button on the Siri Remote. So I returned it, and my search continues. I'm not looking for anything fancy; just something that can do everything the Siri Remote can (minus voice control 'cause I'm not too crazy about that) and is a lot easier to use. I'm currently looking at three remotes on Amazon: the aaraaGo remote, the Function 101 remote, and the Sofabaton remote. Will any of these remotes be good enough for me, and if not what would you recommend?

    submitted by /u/astrodomekid
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel