• Breaking News

    Friday, January 8, 2021

    macOS Found this Safari extension “Clean-links” that blocks tracing “fbclid“ and “gclid” ids from facebook and google links, anybody else using it? Seems pretty useful privacy-wise to me…

    macOS Found this Safari extension “Clean-links” that blocks tracing “fbclid“ and “gclid” ids from facebook and google links, anybody else using it? Seems pretty useful privacy-wise to me…


    Found this Safari extension “Clean-links” that blocks tracing “fbclid“ and “gclid” ids from facebook and google links, anybody else using it? Seems pretty useful privacy-wise to me…

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:07 AM PST

    Tiny Open and Save dialogs in Big Sur

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:36 PM PST

    I accidentally pressed ⌘T on iTunes, and this happened.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:10 PM PST

    every. damn. time.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:18 AM PST

    Question

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:39 AM PST

    MS Edge or Opera on MacBook Pro 15 2010 with cat Alina? I need browser that will give me maximum battery life and sites won't lag

    submitted by /u/RostislavArts
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have macOS 10.5 Leopard DMG ?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:57 AM PST

    I'm trying to Virtualize macOS 10.5 so if anyone got a DMG of it can you send the link to it? I have a Macbook pro from the 2010s and I just learned how to Virtualize macOS in a mac problem is can't find any DMG of it.

    submitted by /u/TheRedditDudesboi
    [link] [comments]

    What is the shortcut to maximize side by side all the windows from the current screen?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 02:36 AM PST

    Let's say i have 3 windows open on my screen. I don't want to CMD-Tab all the time I would like them to be maximized side by side. Is there a way to do that? Of course it should work for any number of windows :)

    submitted by /u/zoso
    [link] [comments]

    Apfs recovery

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:58 AM PST

    Hi

    I have a problem with APFS in macOS and want to recover as many files as possible. I'm looking for any help and suggestions.

    I have a MacBook Pro 2019 with Catalina installed and file system encrypted. Just before Christmas my MBP rebooted in the middle of browsing and stopped to boot properly. It's proceeding a boot sequence and just after a half it's rebooting. It may occasionally normally boot for a moment before hangs again.

    I've tried: * cleanup of SMC and NVRAM (should I do it before every boot?) * Run Apple diagnostics (everything is ok) * macOS recovery stuck at the beginning on the logo * internet recovery booted 1 time and I was able Setup security to boot from usb, but I've chosen the middle option for an unknown reason (I wish I can boot any os now). Now it hangs just every time as well after downloading software * safe mode (no luck) * single user mode (APFS problem was confirmed)

    Boot from usb: *Catalina installer, reboots on automount *Windows, just black screen with no signs of boot (even headless)

    I haven't tried DFU mode yet. Am I able to change security settings or recover files somehow?

    submitted by /u/ukindom
    [link] [comments]

    I wish I could do this in Big Sur (simple UX made harder)

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:51 AM PST

    Calendar not marking imported .ics event as accepted

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:43 AM PST

    Hey guys,

    I wanted to use the Calendar app to easily input my .ics files from Outlook into my connected google account. Butwhenever I import the already accepted event into my Calendar app, it doesnt show as accepted.

    However, when I import the event via Google Calendar web app, it is automatically accepted.

    Does anyone know how to fix this behavior?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/archer785
    [link] [comments]

    1 Macbook 2 Airpods

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:08 PM PST

    is it possible to share audio with 2 airpods on one macbook? im trying to watch a movie with my sister from her laptop.

    submitted by /u/KBlonded
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur + MacBook Pro 2017 + OKX Dock = No work

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:38 PM PST

    This is frustrating and no idea what subreddit to ask this in so thought I would start here.

    I bought [this docking station](https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089Y5TM24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) from amazon. It says that it can support up to 3 monitors (or 4 if I use laptop monitor). But I can only get 1 monitor to work.

    Their support says I needed displaylink driver installed - which I tried. But also said that to use this MacBook in clamshell mode - I should use a legacy driver of 1.1 (current is 1.2).

    I've tried 1.1 and 1.2 to no avail. The ONLY monitor I can get working is the one I use on HDMI. I've tried using DisplayPort to DisplayPort and DisplayPort to HDMI - and nothing. it does not know that there's a 2nd monitor.

    Googling has led me to believe that my MacBook isn't using Alt Mode for displays but I cannot figure out how to enable that (googling how to enable alt mode) just says its on by default if you have USB 3.0 Gen 2. I know I have USB 3.0 but I can't tell if its GEN 2 or not.

    Otherwise the docking station works great. I can use all of the USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 type A/B plugs just fine. It Charges my laptop through USB just fine. By all accords everything is fine - I just cannot get the 2nd monitor to be recognized. Whats even more weird is DisplayLink says there's no monitors attached so I'm assuming that has something to do with it?

    I do know for a fact that this laptop can use a docking station with 2 monitors. I used it at my old job all the time. However, when I left that job, they let me keep the monitor but made me give back the docking station that I used, and I haven't been able to find it on amazon or anywhere.

    What can I do to get this to work? What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/kristophr
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix bad anti aliasing on non-retina displays in macOS Big Sur

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:07 AM PST

    Problem:

    Since Mojave dropped sub pixel anti-aliasing, the support for non-Retina Displays in macOS gets worse every release and with Big Sur it has its peak. This leads to weird UI bugs across the system such as letters which are displayed wrongly with a dot underneath, or SF Icons in toolbars which are just not perfect to the pixel and look mushy. Some Icons even get cropped in height. In my case it's Apples own Thunderbolt Display with a 1440p Resolution, which is not retina, causing these issues. Kinda embarrassing.

    https://preview.redd.it/2fcx45qzox961.png?width=1794&format=png&auto=webp&s=fce78e0c1f4bbdae30587e09da5a15c9cabc3f69

    Solution:

    Enabling Hi-DPI-Mode for your Display will fix this. I used SwitchResX, which supports Big Sur in its latest beta. After downloading and installing, open the Preferences Pane of SwitchResX, go to your desired Display, click on custom resolutions, click "+" and select "Scaled Resolution" from the dropdown menu. Enter twice the width and twice the height of your display resolution and then reboot. Open SwitchResX again and select your display resolution with HiDPI-Support and you are set.

    What this will do is, that macOS thinks you're using a Retina-Display but with a 2x scaled down resolution, which keeps the UI nevertheless in HiDPI-Mode bringing you sharp text and icons.

    submitted by /u/jm128k
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook keeps asking for my password instead of touch ID

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:27 AM PST

    sometimes touch id works, sometimes it just asks for my password, its so annoying, is there a fix for it?

    submitted by /u/FrankCastle28
    [link] [comments]

    Safari 14.0.2 - Audio issues streaming

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 01:02 AM PST

    Hello everyone,

    I have a problem that has persisted since I move to Big Sur with Safari 14.0.2.

    On safari when I want to watch YouTube, Netflix or myCANAL, the video works fine. However, I have NO SOUND. It drives me crazy.

    I enabled developer mode, enabled Modern Audio, disabled VP9 decoder, checked Allow auto-play. I have tried this on Safari Technology Preview as well and the problem persists. I don't know what to do anymore. I need to use Firefox when I want to stream.

    Do you have a solution to my problem? Thank you for your help.

    submitted by /u/5hydroxytryptamin
    [link] [comments]

    Dynamic Wallpaper not aligned with my location?

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:34 AM PST

    It is dark outside, but the dynamic wallpaper thinks it's light outside. How do I change the setup of my dynamic wallpaper? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/student-of-the-web
    [link] [comments]

    2021 16-inch MacBook Pro with miniLED screen: supply-chain

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:40 AM PST

    Hesitant on updating Catalina to Big Sur because of UI change.

    Posted: 08 Jan 2021 12:32 AM PST

    Hello Everyone I hope you can help me with my dilemma.

    I've been putting off the Big Sur update because I don't like its new UI. I was wondering if in the new update is there any way to change the UI to the Catalina's version, since I don't want to install the Big Sur just to stay with that new UI.

    I hope I made myself clear. please let me know if anyone have any solution to this in the Big sur version or should I just keep Catalina forever lmao.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Euyo
    [link] [comments]

    Deleting old iPhoto library

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:29 PM PST

    Recently upgraded to a M1 Mac Mini and started moving all the files that I need.

    I still have an old iPhoto library file, the contents of which are also a part of my Photos library.

    I tried Googling but couldn't find a definite answer: can I delete my iPhoto library file or is it somehow linked to my Photos library?

    submitted by /u/Deadscared
    [link] [comments]

    How to add a URL-like path to finder - or is there a similar app?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:44 PM PST

    How to add a URL-like path to finder - or is there a similar app?

    I'm looking to do something like windows:

    https://preview.redd.it/vvem28vg12a61.png?width=490&format=png&auto=webp&s=cad6b9b450e8f38cba81b2a3bc32cd06b834091f

    Ideal: modifications and not apps, but apps are ok if no solution is left - I have an M1 MacMini, it looks like 50% of the apps I am installing are crashing due to compatibility with the new processor.

    Why:-I have been using windows since win95 as a child, so it' 25 years. I'm forced to switch due to work but I will use both at the same time.-I do some web programming and paths are usually very tricky, so it's something that I'm always moving back and forth comparing stuff or even copying and pasting a folder's path to a terminal (windows shell).

    submitted by /u/superhiperwalrus
    [link] [comments]

    How to add a URL-like path to finder like windows 10 - or is there an alternative app?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:32 PM PST

    I'm looking to do something like windows:

    https://preview.redd.it/6i08i9gaz1a61.png?width=490&format=png&auto=webp&s=d9cea79d3a3dbbf964af7db8c08612c72610ec35

    Ideal: modifications and not apps, but apps are ok if no solution is left - I have an M1 MacMini, it looks like 50% of the apps I am installing are crashing due to compatibility with the new processor.

    Why:-I have been using windows since win95 as a child, so it' 25 years. I'm forced to switch due to work but I will use both at the same time.-I do some web programming and paths are usually very tricky, so it's something that I'm always moving back and forth comparing stuff or even copying and pasting a folder's path to a terminal (windows shell).

    submitted by /u/superhiperwalrus
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur: pkgutil command not found

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:19 PM PST

    I tried to run pkgutil but zshell tells me the command is "not found" (even though it's a default mac command)

    user@MacBook-Pro Desktop % pkgutil zsh: command not found: pkgutil 

    (of course I ran it with the appropriate target .pkg and options, I just removed them for privacy concerns)

    Anyone know what's going on with this? I can't find any official documentation that says pkgutil has been removed... How can I get it to work?

    submitted by /u/russiabot420
    [link] [comments]

    External Hard Drive is taking forever to load on MBA

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:17 PM PST

    I have a Seagate Portable Expansion Drive 1TB from about 2 or 3 years ago. It was reformatted to be compatible with Mac OS.

    Port fell off on the old enclosure after a while and warranty was out so I just decided to buy a SATA to USB cable to attach it to. Removed the drive, plugged it in, but after a little while it would disconnect and would take forever to any files at all. I thought that maybe the problem was with the cable, since I missed that it was USB 2.0 and the drive was 3.0.

    Then, I ordered a new enclosure that arrived today, 3.0 and everything. It's an Orico 2.5in Hard Drive Enclosure that's supposed to be compatible with W/M/L and plug-and-play, no driver.

    The indicator is on and I've tried it with other ports and my old wire. Still, the same exact problem. Other devices work just fine. I can't even load anything before it disconnects. It just shows that finder is loading and takes forever to show up.

    Already tried the following: * Removing and re-inserting into the enclosure * Transferring to a different port * Restarting the computer * Using a different wire * First Aid from Disk Utility * Repair/verify from Terminal: Unable to verify this whole disk: A GUID Partition Table (GPT) partitioning scheme is required (-69773)

    Also just noticed that when it's plugged in, other applications wouldn't launch. The instant I pull the connection, they all do.

    I last ran it with the old enclosure on High Sierra and I'm currently running Catalina. I'm on an Early 2015 11" MacBook Air. I think the drive itself is fine- never spilled on it or dropped it. Worst it's seen was shuffling a little around my bag those years ago with a case.

    Any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

    submitted by /u/itsthirtythr33
    [link] [comments]

    An app that freeze your webcam on purpose

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:06 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel