• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Apple Macbook Posting in case any new MacOS users find this useful.

    Apple Macbook Posting in case any new MacOS users find this useful.


    Posting in case any new MacOS users find this useful.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:53 AM PST

    It’s arrived! MBA M1 16GB 512GB - Everything just works so well. Questions?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:19 PM PST

    A video editor's message to those on the fence about buying an M1 machine...

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:44 PM PST

    ....DON'T BE. I received my 16gb M1 MacBook Pro 2 weeks ago, and I'm completely blown away in every regard.

    Like a lot of people I was set on waiting for the 16 inch version, but I do a lot of video editing and the footage from my new camera (Sony A7SIII) was bringing my previous MacBook Pro to its knees.

    It's hard to explain how well this computer handles compressed 4K 10bit footage. Those of you familiar with video editing will know that this typically requires proxy workflows, re-encoding, long waits, dropped frames, etc. My M1 MacBook cuts through anything I throw at it like butter. 4K 10 bit 4:2:2 at 120fps will play back, color grade, whatever I need to do without ever dropping a frame or showing a rainbow wheel - REGARDLESS OF THE CODEC. I still can't wrap my mind around that!

    It's blazing fast. The battery life is insane. Currently sitting at 63% after a little over half-a-day's work on it doing a multitude of tasks, and rendering 4K footage in the background almost all day. It stays completely cool, even when rested on my down comforter while working in bed. I've never heard the fan.

    If you're a creative/freelancer - music, video, photo, etc., I can't encourage you enough to get an M1 machine. Even if you're waiting on the 16 inch, the time an M1 machine will save in your editing workflow will likely pay for itself by the time the M1X computers are released.

    I'm speechless. I can't wait to see what the rest of the 2021 lineup brings!

    submitted by /u/team_buddha
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any info on when Apple will stop selling the Intel-based Macbook Pros?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:28 PM PST

    Right now, I can order either m1 or intel. Is there any date set on when apple will no longer sell these non-m1 models?

    submitted by /u/romnation12
    [link] [comments]

    2015 mbp vs 2020 mba m1. Night and Day.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:24 PM PST

    I have a work machine: 15" 2015 mbp 16gb RAM, tricked out i7. And I just purchased as 8/512 mba m1 because I wanted to stop using my work machine for home stuff during the pandemic. Fired up the MBP to do a Teams call and just turning the laptop on caused the fans to fire up, rev, and keep going for a few minutes. Open chrome, fans. Open Outlook, fans. I finished the call, only taking 1 hour and the mbp was warm to the touch.

    Now here I am on my MBA m1 and it's still dead cold, opening all the apps and nothing. Man it's crazy, I may have more RAM in the 2015 but the MBA feels snappier and quieter. It's real.

    submitted by /u/MawsonAntarctica
    [link] [comments]

    Error factory resetting my Macbook?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    I have a 2013 macbook pro. I was factory resetting it following the apple support page. Everything went well until the last step when I went to reinstall the operating system.

    My mac rebooted in internet recovery mode and when I tried to reinstall the provides OS Lion I got an error stating "cannot download the required components to install OS Lion"

    If I reboot outside of internet recovery mode I just get a flashing file folder icon with a ? On it.

    Is my mac toast? Or can I somehow salvage this?

    submitted by /u/Nikazver
    [link] [comments]

    Ram for mid 2012 macbook pro

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:42 PM PST

    I just bought a mid 2012 macbook pro. It only has 4gb of ram and it runs a bit slow on Catalina. I heard it it can handle 16gb worth of ram. But I don't know what brand I should buy I don't wanna get the wrong ones and waste my money.

    submitted by /u/GrimslyMichaels
    [link] [comments]

    Didn’t get any feedback on r/mac, anyone have solid suggestions for extending the life of gen 1 MagSafe chargers?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:34 PM PST

    Google Drive and Classroom on M1 macbook ?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:36 PM PST

    I have a M1 MBA coming soon. I'm a teacher who has to use Google drive, docs , forms and google Classroom.

    Are these programs not working or having issues with the M1?

    submitted by /u/SUB4HIRE
    [link] [comments]

    what does this mean and how do i fix it

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:44 PM PST

    M1 Macbook Air smudge *under* glass!?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:47 PM PST

    Anyone here prefer the old fashion keys instead of touchbar?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:31 PM PST

    I started using a 13" 2020 Intel-based MacBook Pro last week. However, I don't like the touchbar since I'm old school. I still like the old school keys. Like adjusting audio volume and brightness take a few more steps. Does anyone here still prefer the old keys?

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    i need help with my macbook book air

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:17 PM PST

    everytime i turn it on the fan is on 100% and its cold

    submitted by /u/miniondance64
    [link] [comments]

    2.3 Ghz i9 2019 MacBook Pro vs. 2020 M1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:56 PM PST

    If I trade in, I can upgrade to an M1 MacBook Air for $50. I use Logic Pro to make music, will the M1 chip on the air give me the same performance?

    I am buying a monitor and keyboard for my dorm room (I am a college student) so I am okay with the screen downsize (15 to 13 inch)

    submitted by /u/HitchcockAndBalls
    [link] [comments]

    Battery completely drains when lid is closed

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:22 PM PST

    So basically what the title says. My 2018 MBPro will be at any battery percentage and then when I close the lid and leave it overnight it will drain an insane amount sometimes even completely to where I need to plug it in to turn it back on. Anyone have experience with this issue? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/rcoron
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else notice lag on their Reddit home feed in Safari?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 05:21 PM PST

    I just got a new M1 MacBook Air, and in general I'm loving it, but I've noticed an observable lag when scrolling through my Reddit home feed.

    I downloaded Chrome to see if this was my Mac, or a browser issue, and I do not experience the same lag with Chrome.

    Anyone else have this issue?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Mardasia
    [link] [comments]

    Have any first gen type issues been found with the new M1 macbooks?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 11:17 AM PST

    I havent heard of any problems but in general first generation technology often has small issues they work out for the next generation. Has anything came up with the new M1? Id kind of like to upgrade now but could also wait a year if it was worth it. They only release new laptops once a year right?

    submitted by /u/PieNotCake
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2019 USB C port not working.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:02 PM PST

    Hi guys I really need your help. 1 of 2 of my usb c ports isn't working. When i plug in my charger nothing happens, it does not charge but when i plug in a USB it works and recognizes it. However a smoky smell comes out of the USB and the laptop starts to overheat and the fans are on full boar. So it does not recognize a offical Macbook charger being plugged in but it does recognize a third party USB device whilst overheating.

    submitted by /u/mkt25
    [link] [comments]

    Spilled water on the MagSafe end of my MacBook charger. What should I do?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:48 PM PST

    I spilled water on the MagSafe end of my MacBook charger. I wiped the MagSafe end with isopropyl alcohol. I plan to dry the MagSafe end upside down all night.

    Any other precautions or safety concerns I should think about? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/deeohdoublegzzy
    [link] [comments]

    8GB M1 vs 16GB M1 Macbook Air

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 03:37 PM PST

    I got my 8GB and it works great but for longevity should I return it and get a 16GB version. I don't edit on it.. mainly surfing some office stuff and media consumption. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/jlinn75
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with new MacBook Air (refurbished). Do i have to return it ? It had some issues while updating after getting it out of the box too... sorry if my post is not in the right place, i am new to MacBook.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 02:48 PM PST

    Apple Mac Mini with Apple M1 Chip for $669

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:53 PM PST

    Why does no one want to buy my MacBook Air 2018?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:54 AM PST

    I'm trying to sell my MacBook Air 2018 on various sites in Italy for the price of 850€, it's perfect and has no damage, but no one seems interested. Most people offer me to buy it for 700€, but I bought it at 979€ (discounted) one year ago.

    Is the price I'm asking too high? Should I lower it? Does anyone know if there are any sites apart from Ebay to sell it in Europe?

    submitted by /u/Gabriele25
    [link] [comments]

    Question about the Neural Engine (Machine Learning) in the new M1 chips

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:27 PM PST

    What does this feature mean for a user who will likely use the laptop as a creative workstation + general workstation? I don't do anything with coding or software/machine learning.

    Will I only feel the affects of the Neural Engine as a coder? I'm trying to find the answers online, but it seems a software/machine learning dev view is the only perspective I can find.

    submitted by /u/awqaw123
    [link] [comments]

    Cooling pad for Macbook?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 01:17 PM PST

    Hi,
    My wife uses a brand new 2019 Macbook Pro 15" and it gets super hot. She just bought it because the underpowered 2020 Macbook 13" she got through work died from overheating after 6 months. Mostly all she's been doing so far is internet, and zoom calls (and 50 chrome tabs), though it is also powering a USB-C hub, with 2 monitors.

    This one also gets super hot, and since she bought this one herself, wants to be very sure this doesn't happen again. It's always on a table, never on her lap or a bed or anything idiotic like that. It's not usually terribly warm where she is working. I know it's meant to be mostly passively cooled through the aluminum case, but it gets to the point she can't touch it, which can't be normal...can it?

    My questions are: is excessive heat normal now for Mac? and is it worth getting a cooling pad? The main reason I'm not sure about the cooling pad is that it doesn't look like there are any vents on the bottom, so not sure if it'll make a difference.

    TIA

    submitted by /u/misanthrope2327
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel