• Breaking News

    Monday, January 4, 2021

    Apple Help Hello, This has suddenly happened to my iphone 11, set it down for one of my classes and when i picked it up it was like this.

    Apple Help Hello, This has suddenly happened to my iphone 11, set it down for one of my classes and when i picked it up it was like this.


    Hello, This has suddenly happened to my iphone 11, set it down for one of my classes and when i picked it up it was like this.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:41 AM PST

    Why is there a red border around certain apps on my MacBook?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    QUESTION: it is the first time that I saw this with my iPhone 12 Pro Max. It drained 25% battery overnight without any usage (not even iCloud) can someone explain why this happened?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:34 AM PST

    iPhone constantly wireless charging

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:04 PM PST

    iPhone 11 constantly charging

    Hi guys, I have an iPhone 11 and I recently got a wireless charger which is also a stand (Samsung EP-N3300). I use it on my desk, so my phone is almost always on it during the day. I would like to ask if having it always on this stand for 8-10 hours a day will harm the battery on the long run? Thank you for your answers in advance.

    submitted by /u/Krisinator
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix marks on MacBook Pro 2015 I got it from my grandpa and when I turn it on it for the most part goes away but I still would like it to be gone I tried windex and other glass cleaners but it won’t go away any ideas how I could fix this

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:51 PM PST

    Someone in china tries to log in to my account what should I do.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 10:16 PM PST

    Should I install additional RAM (in my 32GB 2019 iMac), just because I can?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:46 PM PST

    Hiya,

    I recently purchased an iMac from a company I used to work for.

    Mid 2019 Retina 5k 27 Inch.

    Processor: 3.1GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

    Memory: 32GB 2667 MHz DDR4

    As I've got 4 slots for RAM, 2 filled with 16GB cards, I have 2 spare that I could put another 16GB in each for an additional 32GB to bring my computer to it's maximum RAM capacity of 64GB.

    Is it worth doing? Is there a difference if I do it now (while the computer is new/working perfectly) vs later (in a couple years) when it starts to slow down?

    I have no issues with performance, and the most RAM heavy activities I do are use a million Chrome tabs and have an extensive Photos library... It's not like I'm editing movies or anything, I just like fast computers.

    Not sure if I should just buy some RAM from Amazon since it's so cheap and easy to install, and juice the machine a little further, or if it's basically pointless for my use case, or if my processor can't keep up for example etc

    submitted by /u/mylittlethrowawayxo
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea why Shortcut widget in iPhone 12 Pro Max shows like this? I have to lock and then unlock the phone in order to show like it is supposed to or click on Shortcut.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:32 PM PST

    Is it possible to make a MacBook’s USB ports to stop sending power to any connected device and change it to data-transfer only?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:16 PM PST

    I try to keep my new MacBook to last 3-4 days with a single charge however it annoys me when I connect my iPhone, it starts charging from the MacBook's battery.

    submitted by /u/VapeThisDick
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with a hard reset on my mac book

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 09:01 PM PST

    Hey everyone, I hope this is the right place. First some of the technical details that should hopefully help-

    My MacBook is a late 2013 MacBook pro, 4 gb 1600 MHz DDR3, currently running OS X 10.9.5.

    The problem: I was previously bogged down with limited space to the point where I couldn't get Adobe to download. I saved everything I needed to a hard drive and had a coworker wipe my MacBook so it would be a fresh, new device with nothing on it. That all worked out fine. We did a reinstall from internet, and now my computer is restored to what I believe is mavericks. I went into the system information and began to install updates.

    After a single update, my MacBook say they're no further updates available. I'm not familiar with the current operating system, and it will not allow me to access my apple account. Attempts to access pages that require a login have failed. Usually the login option is not present on the screen, or I am directed to a page that basically says my MacBook could not connect to the server.

    I have tried going to the app store and downloading big sur, but again, my MacBook says that my apple ID or password are wrong/ I have to attach a verification code I am not receiving to my password to continue.

    I called apple, they tried to do a screen share, which my computer would not allow. They didn't really offer much help after that

    Any ideas how I can get myself out of this limbo?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/SpikesNvAns
    [link] [comments]

    Mous or UAG case?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    I recently broke my phone case, and am looking for a new one. I like rugged, as I am currently tougher on my phone than my peers (I would say). I saw some advertising for mous, where they drop it off of high places onto concrete, and the phone is always fine. Is this a scam? I have used 5 UAG cases in my lifetime. Is this a go with the new tech scenario, or a tried and trusted? Thanks.

    https://preview.redd.it/t5bervq53g961.png?width=960&format=png&auto=webp&s=ede61d626557d7c3af3d73f525e2426984e07dcf

    submitted by /u/Steelrails_p
    [link] [comments]

    When I FaceTime someone and I want to minimize the call it doesn’t let me.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:53 PM PST

    Every time I'm on a FaceTime call and I want to go on a different app or even to my home screen (like this) the facetime just goes on pause. I used to be able to do this but it does not let me anymore. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/mattmm06
    [link] [comments]

    2 problems: iMac randomly restarting and MacBook Air freezing.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 04:56 PM PST

    (FYI: Have tried doing that self-repair/detection scan on both and didn't find anything. )

    iMac Desktop 27" Late 2013 OS Catalina version 10.15.7 (haven't done recent update)

    Model: D25QF0LRF8J9

    Memory: 24 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    Fusion Storage: 1.12 TB

    Problem: Restarts randomly on its own. It'll do it while I'm using it, even restart multiple times before I log in from it restarting, where I haven't touched it. Before it used to have a notification after the restart, I can't recall exactly what it said now as I noticed I don't receive it anymore. Chrome obviously says it didn't shut down correctly etc. My dad tried erasing all applications, though, now he said he doesn't think he did "everything" and is suggesting to do it again. When it continued to restart after his initial attempt, I was logged out of everything and had not yet downloaded anything besides opening chrome. Eventually, it just restarted on its own.

    MacBook Air 13" 2017 OS Big Sur version 11.1

    Model: C1MVD1NTJ1WV

    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

    Flash Storage: 387.5/500 GB

    Problem: Not as bad as my desktop as I'm currently still using it, but the issue is w/ freezing. Usually, it precedes with the fan going off and on for a while and I can tell it's kind of "struggling" as there begins to be a general processing delay. (i.e w/ loading. typing, even the mouse on the screen). I use chrome, and it seems to not be able to handle opening many tabs, or more in-depth work. By that I mean just using Googe Docs, it starts to struggle with the increase in pgs. Or when I was taking online classes/Canvas website, it often would freeze on there. I've tried checking the Activity Monitor and tried closing some unnecessary Adobe stuff but that didn't help. Google Chrome uses the most energy but I haven't been able to spot a particular spike on the monitor when there's a lag on my computer/before it freezes.

    Should I have my dad try and erase everything with my desktop, assuming it's due to an application? I'm not sure what else to try for my laptop. Should I just drop them off at the apple store to fix/figure out? I probably haven't listed enough details, so please let me know what o/ info is needed I greatly appreciate anyone taking the time to help me w/ this!

    submitted by /u/naikoto
    [link] [comments]

    iOS Update Question

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:34 PM PST

    So I have a question regarding IOS update. So I currently have IOS 14.2 and I didn't update it to iOS 14.3 and IOS 14.4 comes out. Can I update it directly from 14.2 to 14.4 or I need to get 14.3 first?

    submitted by /u/DefaultDanceDD
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook lagging infinitely on restart

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:22 PM PST

    Panic full bug!

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    Recently, my iPhone X keep restarting by itself. In Analytic data I found out panic full error log every time the device restart. Anybody can help?

    submitted by /u/Chico-Rose
    [link] [comments]

    Error reinstalling Mac OSX?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 08:10 PM PST

    I have a 2013 macbook pro. I was factory resetting it following the apple support page. Everything went well until the last step when I went to reinstall the operating system.

    My mac rebooted in internet recovery mode and when I tried to reinstall the provides OS Lion I got an error stating "cannot download the required components to install OS Lion"

    If I reboot outside of internet recovery mode I just get a flashing file folder icon with a ? On it.

    Is my mac toast? Or can I somehow salvage this?

    submitted by /u/Nikazver
    [link] [comments]

    Graphics Issue - iMac 21.5 Late 2015

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:33 PM PST

    I have this Mac set up with dual screens running, and I get this random graphic glitch/artifacts that occurs on both screens sporadically. It does happen every single time I use the machine. Any ideas what could be causing this? It's a 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Core i5 with Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200.

    https://reddit.com/link/kqpkcy/video/diua3vwvof961/player

    submitted by /u/SmartRooster5574
    [link] [comments]

    MBP not ringing for FaceTime calls.

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:33 PM PST

    If people call me via FaceTime, my phone will ring but my MBP will not. In other words, I cannot receive FT calls on my MBP. The call does appear on the MBP's Face Time call log after the call (that I take on the phone).

    I checked that I am signed into FaceTime on the MBP, I checked that notifications in system preferences are turned on for FaceTime on the MBP. I can initiate FaceTime calls on the MBP.

    I signed out and back into iCloud on both my iPhone and my MBP, still no luck. Rebooted MBP, no luck.

    2020 MBP 13" running latest Big Sur 11.1 and iPhone XR running iOS 14.3. This just started recently after updating from Catalina to Big Sur 11.1.

    Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/yeyebike
    [link] [comments]

    Spotify library as screensaver

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    I want to put my Spotify library as my screensaver since I don't have Apple Music. I called customer service and they couldn't help me so I don't think it's possible. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/hefty_slice_of_ham
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to log into apps after upgrading from iPhone 11 Pro Max to iPhone 12 Pro Max

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 07:06 PM PST

    There are three apps that I am unable to log into after upgrading from iPhone 11 Pro Max to an iPhone 12 Pro Max. I am running iOS 14.3 on both devices.

    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the apps, resetting the passwords, and rebooting the device. I've tried this on wifi and on cellular. I've disabled my adblock. Nothing seems to fix it.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ctnutmegger
    [link] [comments]

    How to Run Cracked Game Through Crossover on M1 Chip Macbook?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:55 PM PST

    This is possibly a tough one to solve, it might not even be possible but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm trying to run a cracked version of The Sims 4 on a Macbook Pro with the M1 chip.

    Before my old laptop (pre M1) broke the game ran well using Crossover (as it is a Windows game). Crossover does appear to be working with M1 (through Rosetta 2) and I was able to install a bottle with the game just like before. However, when I try to launch the game it comes up in the taskbar but no window opens.

    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU.

    submitted by /u/NMC_94
    [link] [comments]

    home screen application problems

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:48 PM PST

    so after the IOS 14 update, i noticed that once i download any application it doesn't go to my home screen like it use to before the update, now it goes to the APP LIBRARY and i want it to go back normal, any solutions?

    submitted by /u/PeG-Tony
    [link] [comments]

    How do I reset my window sizes to the Apple default?

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:48 PM PST

    I've been looking around online but have struggled to figure out how to do so. I wanted to know if there is a way to reset windows to the sizes and orientation they were when opened for the first time and if this solution would be permanent.

    submitted by /u/devy9753
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Freezing Issues

    Posted: 04 Jan 2021 06:37 PM PST

    Hey,

    I have a Mac 5,1 12-Core Xeon 28GB RAM, Radeon RX 570 8 GB on OS Mojave. I'll be working on it and it will just beach ball for about 40 seconds. Very annoying especially for creative work.

    I've tried replacing the video card, the ram, the hard drives, and a full wipe and it still does it. Any suggestions? Or ideas how to figure out what's causing it?

    submitted by /u/mice_nine
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel