• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Apple Macbook 2020 i5 MacBook Pro slow to wake up sometimes

    Apple Macbook 2020 i5 MacBook Pro slow to wake up sometimes


    2020 i5 MacBook Pro slow to wake up sometimes

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:38 PM PST

    Hi, I bought a MacBook a few months back and I've noticed occasionally it takes a long time to wake up (as in lifting the lid). 80% of the time it wakes in less than a second but the rest of the time it takes anywhere from 5-10 seconds. Its the 2020 16GB i5 version. Anyone know how to fix this? It gets kind of annoying when I want to look something up quickly

    submitted by /u/Spaceman776
    [link] [comments]

    I have a late 2019 13 MBP it's running Big Sur. I want to calibrate my battery.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:30 PM PST

    I have a late 2019 13 MBP it's running Big Sur. I want to calibrate my battery.

    I know the Steps are to discharge it completely and then fully charge it but my question is can I use it while charging to 100%

    submitted by /u/shubhbadonia
    [link] [comments]

    8GB vs 16GB M1 MacBook — Does It Even Matter?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:40 AM PST

    Macbook air m1 2020 worth all the money for a 13 year old student?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:12 PM PST

    Right now i have some thinkpad that is pretty good but the battery is awful evev tough i switched both the internal and external, so i've been lokking into the macbook air m1 2020 which will cost all the money i have but i already have everything i need if i just get that macbook i think, but i dont know if its too expensive. I will use it for online school, homework and when i get to physical school again, i will also use it for youtube, netflix and maybe even editing videos for youtube.

    Edit: I already posted this on r/macbookair but i wanna see more opinions.

    submitted by /u/JeppeStraubeBoe
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone have an Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage), It is 17% OFF Now, worth?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Found 17% OFF on Apple MacBook Pro (13-inch, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD Storage) online here from article: how to choose a MacBook Air for the first time
    Looking for thoughts on this model. I know the other ones by this brand are well-regarded but I need something a bit better for my family and this seems to fit the bill.
    Specifically interested in hearing about cost of replacement, durability, and effectiveness, but any experiences with it are welcome!
    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/KennethBA1954
    [link] [comments]

    Help with Google Drive.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:56 PM PST

    I cannot seem to download videos to my mac from google drive. They only download as text documents. How can I get them to save as video files?

    submitted by /u/Brilliant_Treacle
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a M1 MBA, should I go for 16gb ram or 512gb SSD? This is for light to moderate video editing in Final Cut, web browsing, media consumption.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:20 PM PST

    Big Hands and MacBook Air/Pro

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:17 PM PST

    Hello everyone I need some advice I pretty big hands but I want a MacBook with the M1 chip I don't know if it will be comfortable for me. I want to purchase one for school but I heard a 14 inch and a 16 inch will be releasing later this year will I be ok with the 13 inch or should I just wait

    submitted by /u/ExatantFuture
    [link] [comments]

    8GB and RAM swap - do I need to be concerned about SSD?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:36 PM PST

    Looking at the base M1, I feel 8GB would suffice, but little concerned about RAM swapping at the longevity of the non-replacable SSD. Will swapping make it die faster? Can you limit RAM swapping on macOS?

    submitted by /u/geecol
    [link] [comments]

    Please help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:45 PM PST

    M1 MBA speakers splutter for around 1-5 minutes when I join voice/video (google meet and discord so far) calls on safari. Video playback like netflix and youtube is fine. Everything is fine on chrome too. Help?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:02 PM PST

    Is it worth it to repair this MacBook’s screen?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:01 PM PST

    Upgrading from Mid-2014 15” MBP 750M. Waiting for it to process...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:53 AM PST

    when to start charging macbook?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:59 PM PST

    this is my first macbook so i want to prolong its use as much as possible. Usually i let my electronics fully drain before i hook it up to charge til fully capacity but i hear for Macs once it hits 20% thats when you should hook it up to charge, which one is most optimal?

    submitted by /u/WeinerlessHotdog
    [link] [comments]

    Boot camp assistant for m1 MacBook air?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:54 PM PST

    When there will be an update for m1 MacBooks to launch boot camp assistant?

    Currently, it says it 'this mac doesn't support this'...

    submitted by /u/jamesftf
    [link] [comments]

    Does a retina 2014 iMac screen work with a iMac retina 2017 iMac?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:59 AM PST

    I broke the screen on my 2017 iMac. Will this 2014 screen work with my 2017 iMac?

    It's a great price and the connections look the same. Thanks!

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333797222598

    submitted by /u/Antidotebeatz
    [link] [comments]

    MACBOOK AIR M1 OR PRO M1

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:25 AM PST

    Hi guys, I am going to buy new macbook for me. I am deciding between M1 Air 16/256 space gray or M1 PRO 8/256 silver. I have sale coupon on these two machines so I cant buy anything else. My workload looks like this: I am 16 years old student so I am doing a lot of zoom calls etc (4-5 hours per day), I manage all my online bussines on it, and I am working 5-7 hours per week in lightroom and photoshop. I had 2019 Macbook Pro base model in space gray and I really liked it. But performance wasnt that good or enough for me. I mean, MBP2019 could handle it, but it got really hot after 30 minutes in photoshop so it started to slow down. Which macbook should I buy? I want to keep it for 4-5 years. I had touch bar on my previous macbook and I kinda like it, but I will be ok without it i think. Also I liked space gray, but I cant buy SG macbook pro, only silver. I like shaped design on air, but pro was fine. Help me to make the decision. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/SRAJA271
    [link] [comments]

    Apps work on m1 mac ????

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:35 PM PST

    Hi guys i am going to buy m1 macbook 13" So i want to know that can (Zoom online meeting) (Ms word,powerpoint,excel) will work on m1 mac (Without rosseta 2 )

    And plzzz tell me which apps are official work on m1 mac And which apps need rosseta 2

    Plzzzz tell me

    And iam sorry if me ENGLISH is wrong

    Iam weak in ENGLISH

    THANKS

    submitted by /u/mtahahashmi
    [link] [comments]

    word 2007 for mac m1

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:44 AM PST

    i bought m1 recently, i want to know if theres an option to download microsoft office 2007.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/No_Citron4085
    [link] [comments]

    Would an Apple Store have the base M1 Air with upgraded RAM in stock? I ordered online but would like it sooner than 4 weeks if possible

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:38 AM PST

    Googling doesn't seem to give me much help. Some people say they keep certain configurations in stock and others say base only. Of course "pick up" isn't available at apple.com right now so I can't check stock that way.

    submitted by /u/notrichardparker
    [link] [comments]

    USB adapter keeps disconnecting me from WiFi (Macbook Air M1)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:26 AM PST

    I recently bought a USB-C to USB/card reader adapter, and every time I plug it into my Macbook Air M1, it keeps disconnecting me from my wifi and/or making it very slow. Is this a common problem, and how do I fix it? Do I need to buy a new adapter? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Nina_MM
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2013 MBP Retina 15". Is it safe to update to Big Sur 11.1?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:26 AM PST

    Greetings everyone. I have heard from some people at my workplace that updated older MBPs such as mine and have had a lot of problems including black screens. Any advice? Mine still works great so wasn't planning to upgrade until after the move away from Intel. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Deafbysnoosnoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel