• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 2, 2021

    Apple Help For the past few months, I'm intermittently not being notified of new text messages. Is there anything I can do to fox this?

    Apple Help For the past few months, I'm intermittently not being notified of new text messages. Is there anything I can do to fox this?


    For the past few months, I'm intermittently not being notified of new text messages. Is there anything I can do to fox this?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:10 PM PST

    I've had iPhone for almost a decade and this has never happened to me. But all the sudden, sometime a few months ago, I started intermittently not getting notifications for nes texts.

    For example, I'll ask someone something via iMessage. Then, maybe a day later, I'll remember and wonder why they never responded. I'll open the message thread and see that they did, like 5 minutes after I sent the question, and I was just never notified.

    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason or pattern as to when this happens, but it probably happens 2 or 3 times a day at least.

    I'm on the latest iOS, and I have an XS. I've done a soft reset on the phone a few times. I just can't figure this out and it's REALLY annoying.

    submitted by /u/lionsagechisel
    [link] [comments]

    In the find my iphone section, I try to turn find my network feature but this message pops up. Ive already turned on two factor authentication option and when I touch continue on this pop up nothing just happens and still mentioned feature does not turn on. Any suggestions?!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:49 AM PST

    iPhone 12 pro max photos look overexposed.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:23 PM PST

    My job relies on taking photos of my art to upload to social media. I went from an iPhone 7 to the 12 pro max and I hate the new camera. The images no longer feel true to life. It's seems like the phone is trying to "up" the quality but just looks crappy. Seems washed out and the black values are lightened. Some of my coworkers are having the same issue. Any ideas on how to adjust the settings and not just lowering the exposure?

    submitted by /u/cjwaterboy
    [link] [comments]

    This is the Apple Store App. Any idea why I don’t see the grey arrows (for suggestions and details) for all my devices?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:51 AM PST

    Display Issue with MacBook Pro 2018

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:06 PM PST

    I spilled a glass of water on my girlfriends MacBook this afternoon and after drying it off and shaking out as much water as I can (she didn't want to turn it off as she was mid way through an essay) it seemed fine.

    However, a couple of hours later, the display changed to this:

    Comparison

    I have included my own on the left for comparison.

    I'm assuming the issue is due to water damage however when shifting between True Tone and night light mode the colour difference shifts and the left side of the screen appears darker instead.

    My guess is that all that can be done is getting it to a Genius Bar whenever they're open but any further enlightenment would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/JamsReddito
    [link] [comments]

    where are the cool air intakes in the MacBook Pro 13 M1?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:15 PM PST

    I have had some experience with the Intel MacBook Pros 2016-2020, and in all I have seen, there are tiny cutoffs along the bottom edge of the chassis to let fresh air in and hot air is exhausted between the bottom part of the screen and the chassis. To my surprise I just got the MacBook Pro 13 M1 and the chassis is completely closed as far as I can see (besides the exhaust grill between the chassis and the screen). how then is cool air coming inside the laptop to cool the CPU? is this lack of intake vents a reason there is no much difference in MacBook Air M1 versus Pro M1 ?

    submitted by /u/nothingspecialva
    [link] [comments]

    I lost my phone in an area with no cell signal, can I get it back?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:44 PM PST

    Hello, I recently lost an iPhone XR in an area with no cell signal an no wifi. I was camping so I turned off Bluetooth, wifi, cellular, and location services. I had battery saver mode on as well. I did have send last location on but when I went to both the iCloud find my phone and the app version neither displayed the last location, probably because my phone couldn't send it. It there any way for me to remotely locate it?

    submitted by /u/oleeva14641
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to make apps stop restarting as soon as you close it out?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:15 PM PST

    I'll close out of Youtube and then come back in the span of a couple seconds to a minute and the app already restarts. That is VERY annoying. Chrome does the same thing. I'll open up another tab and then go back to another tab and the tab refreshes. I always make sure to close apps out that I do not wish to go back to as well.

    submitted by /u/iamyiyaj
    [link] [comments]

    Apple product boxes!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:32 PM PST

    Shot in the dark but anything helps!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:02 PM PST

    My old iPhone 7+ has been missing for awhile now. Definitely dead. I believe I lost it in my home, but I still can't rule out theft. I've already put it on lost mode through Find My and am hoping one day it'll be turned on again but that could be a very long time from now. It has all of my photos/videos/texts from high school, which weren't transferred when I got my new and current phone. I don't think any of it was backed up but i'm not sure.

    Anyway, I tried checking my frequent/significant locations but it didn't really tell me anything useful. Unfortunately there is also no location history/data recorded on Google Timeline. I'm really at a loss here.

    Any ideas on how/where I could possibly find the last known/recorded location of the device? Any apps or programs I may have used while in possession of my phone that would allow me to see location history?

    Thanks so much!

    submitted by /u/sydniindys
    [link] [comments]

    I cloud not uploading for days?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:13 PM PST

    I recently upgraded my phone from an iPhone 7 to an 11. But all my photos will not download and it's been over a week. iCloud says they are downloading but they still won't. I have done everything. I downloaded all my data from my old phone and then used the same SIM card, is that the issue?

    submitted by /u/Lizzy_w_66
    [link] [comments]

    So my Iphone 6s (32 GB) has its system taking up 9 GB of m storage?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:53 PM PST

    Ok so the link to he pictures are here

    I know i have plenty of space, but i still want to fix this.

    I am on IOS 14.3, which is 2.95 GB. I think it shouldn't go much over 4 GB but idk.

    Any ideas? It's late, so it might take me a it to respond.

    submitted by /u/ChampionshipDue
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone will no longer let me manually fast forward (scroll) through videos or double tap zoom. Anyone have any ideas on a fix?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:44 PM PST

    Current phone is an iPhone SE (2020), if that helps at all!

    submitted by /u/The-Hobo-Programmer
    [link] [comments]

    Any thoughts on my speaker. It’s always getting clogged with dust/debris. phone is only a year and 5 months old, had it cleaned by apple several times and full screen replacement in august. Warranty has ran out but should I claim consumer law? I’ve had this problem many times

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:44 PM PST

    Facetime video not working on 4G

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:32 PM PST

    When i'm on a facetime and go from wifi to 4G the video from my phone freezes, then unfreezes when I go back to WiFi, the audio is still fine. Meaning the person i'm talking to cant't see me. If i answer a call on 4G, they can't see me, but if i switch it just turns on. Not sure if i explained that very well but you much appreciate some help.

    submitted by /u/maxkemm05
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I Have App Store Problems, my App Store asks for verification each team I try to download something and when I use my password it takes me to my billing info, I press done and it doesn’t let me download the (free) app. (Will be happy to provide more info if needed).

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:30 AM PST

    Can I add Applecare to an iPhone I bought second hand if it's in prestine condition and still under manufacturer warranty?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:02 PM PST

    I was going to grab an iPhone 12 Pro Max potentially from the Facebook market place.

    submitted by /u/InadequateUsername
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, I have an issue with calling and the audio with it. iPhone SE new gen

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:01 PM PST

    Currently I'm having the problem where if someone calls me, I can't hear them, and then if I call someone, I can hear them but they can't hear me. It happened last week too, but then a few days ago I was having no issues. And now it's happening again. The sound is up, nobody is muted, does anyone know what's wrong and how to fix this?

    edit: typo

    submitted by /u/deathfrights
    [link] [comments]

    What do I do when my iPad first generation won’t send emails?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:40 PM PST

    I stopped using my iPad first generation years ago, but wanted to backup the photos I have on it. I don't think I can back them up onto a computer because I need a certain update of iTunes, so I tried emailing the photos. I have a few emails connected to the mail on it, and all of them say "incorrect password or username for whatevername@gmail.com" or "username or password for smtp.gmail.com is incorrect"

    I'm really confused, and I just want to save the pictures of my dead cat :')

    Edit: I know my passwords are correct though, and I still use the same emails on my current devices, so I'm not sure what to do?

    submitted by /u/timevisual
    [link] [comments]

    I’m constantly battling my iPhone over a few GB of storage so I can do basic tasks. Over 50% of my storage I have no control over. What exactly is “Other” and why isn’t the same as “System” if you have zero control over what is being stored?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Can't buy a TV show on TV app in Big Sur - can only try streaming

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:26 PM PST

    I have a computer on Big Sur and I am trying to buy the Doctor Who New Years special (no spoilers pls!). I can't buy it on the 🍎TV app on Big Sur (11.1) or on my iPhone (iOS 14.2), it only offers me the ability to try AMC+ which I don't want to do. On my computer on Mojave (10.14.6) I CAN buy it for 3 bucks in the iTunes app. I know in the short-term I can fix this buy just buying it on my computer on Mojave, but at some point I'm going to update - I want to make sure I can always buy the specific shows/movies I want (instead of having to try a streaming show). Is there a way where I can make the 🍎TV app actually buy stuff??

    https://imgur.com/a/DXhVTkL ⬅️ what I'm talking about

    submitted by /u/Jakyland
    [link] [comments]

    Using the same apple ID on different devices?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:56 PM PST

    Hello all! I had a question regarding storage and apple ID. I have a 64GB iphone xs max. I bought a 128GB ipad. I am wondering what would happen if I used the same apple ID on the ipad, but downloaded more than 64GB worth of storage onto the ipad. Let's say for example I download an additional app that puts me above 64GB. Since my iPhone cannot carry that much storage, would that app just stay on the iPad and not the iPhone given that it's the same apple ID but different devices? Sorry if that's a confusing question, I'm just curious! I do have 50GB icloud storage but i'm still not entirely sure what the advantage of that is except for syncing my notes, messages, and reminders across all of my apple devices. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/spiegelsanji
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it to repair MacBook Pro mid-2015 Screen

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:57 PM PST

    Hello everyone, newcomer here!

    So I recently purchased a Mid-2015 MacBook Pro used from a tech company recycler. So I got a pretty good deal on it. It's specs I believe are 15inches, 512 GB SSD, 2.5ghz i7 and 16 gb ram with a dedicated amd r9 gpu 2gb.

    The screen cracked about two months ago and since then it has sort of become a docked laptop but I'd really rather use it in its laptop form. I purchased the MacBook for about $650 USD and repairing the screen would cost around $550 USD 😭. If I am using this MacBook for school, music production, and video editing, is it worth it to repair the current beast or put her down and put that money towards a future upgrade?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/myskiniswhack
    [link] [comments]

    USB SuperDrive Not Working?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:42 PM PST

    I got a USB SuperDrive for Christmas and my mom expected it to work as a DVD player for my MacBook Air. I've tried inserting both CDs and DVDs into the drive, and with CDs my MacBook promptly opens the music app and plays the songs. I've tried with 2 DVDs now, and both times when putting the DVD in, it opens the "DVD player" app but in the top right corner of the app screen, it says "Not permitted" and even after trying to press play it won't play the DVD. I can see the DVD icon show up on my desktop when I insert a DVD but opening the app only shows two folders, one for audio and one for video, and nothing plays when I click it. Could someone help me/tell me what I need to do to be able to watch DVDS with the USB superdrive? Thanks so much

    submitted by /u/polar-plunge
    [link] [comments]

    why is “use your apple id for imessage” greyed out?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:57 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel