• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Apple Help Why does my MacBook Air do this randomly??

    Apple Help Why does my MacBook Air do this randomly??


    Why does my MacBook Air do this randomly??

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:57 PM PST

    can anyone clarify what “learning will be limited to individual devices means? i deleted siri data on my phone but i wanna delete it in the cloud as well

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:07 PM PST

    Trying to get IOS 10 or above on ipad 2

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:08 PM PST

    So my uncle gave me an iPad 2 for my birthday but I can't download discord reddit or other apps on it that I use alot

    Is there any way to force download ios 10+ on ipad 2? Or at least a link to download discord and reddid for ios 9.3

    submitted by /u/lDeath_Wlshl
    [link] [comments]

    MBP 2017: faulty GPU, display issue, loose cable? any ideas? could use any suggestions

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:04 PM PST

    MBP M1 USB issue

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:38 PM PST

    I have a new MacBook Pro M1. I'm trying to connect my wired Apple keyboard via USB. I bought an apple adapter (USB-C to USB-A) to connect it, but it doesn't work. I restarted, and even spoke to Apple support who did not know why it wasn't working (it works fine on my old Mac). I also tried connecting my mouse with the USB transmitter, and it doesn't work either.

    The weird thing is that when I plug my external USB drive via the same adapter, the drive works fine.

    Anyone know what's going on? Is this an issue with the thunderbolt version of the adapter? If so why would the drive work and not the keyboard?

    submitted by /u/ashkirk
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect Airpods to my Macbook Pro

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:26 PM PST

    Every time I open the UPS app, a message shows on the top of the screen that says “UPS pasted from” (last app I copied text from). Does that mean they’re keeping what I copy somewhere?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:45 PM PST

    Full Resolution Photos Not Downloading From iCloud to PC

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:39 PM PST

    I downloaded a couple photos from iCloud.com (using "Most Compatible" setting i.e. JPEG) and the downloaded pictures were 2048x1536 and approx. 800 KB. 800 KB seemed kind of small, and I planned on printing one of the pictures, so as an experiment I emailed the photo directly from the iPhone to myself (selecting "Actual Size" for the attachment) and the result was a 4032x3024 2.2 MB JPEG, for the same picture. I could see that the smaller iCloud photo was indeed lower quality when zooming in. "Optimize iPhone Storage" is ON, but that should keep high quality images in iCloud regardless, so this doesn't make any sense. Does anyone know why I'm not getting full-resolution photos downloaded from iCloud?

    I don't see any download settings in iCloud other than selecting "Unmodified Original" vs "Most Compatible" which doesn't help or explain anything since it downloads a completely different format. In Settings>Photos, under "Transfer to Mac or PC", "Automatic" is selected for what it's worth (but that doesn't sound like it should affect quality). The full-res photo is stored somewhere since I got via email, but I can't seem to download it from iCloud.

    iPhone 11 Pro iOS 14

    submitted by /u/miguel_A
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Photos : Can I tag photos of people/contacts/pets that I imported from my Android phone?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 05:41 PM PST

    I imported all my photos using the Apple photo migration tool. When I first launched Photos I was told the OS would figure out people if I let the charging cable in and the screen off (Ok Siri, you want me to leave you alone. I get it). When I relaunched the app several days later I was told it found 3 contacts - me, my wife, and a friend.

    Can I somehow pull up a picture of my pet and tag it and then search and apply them to all photos?

    submitted by /u/i_am_not_sam
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get my scroll arrows back on Audacity?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:26 PM PST

    I recently got a MacBook Air (2020), coming from Windows, and I've reached an impasse with the Audacity program. When I edit I use the side scrolling arrows frequently, but on the Mac, there are no side scroll arrows. I can use the trackpad, or the arrow keys, but they're inconvenient. Is there a way for me to get the side scrolling arrows on the Mac version of Audacity?

    submitted by /u/hannibal-licked-her
    [link] [comments]

    Demon Memoji????

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:20 PM PST

    iPhone 11 only turns on and unlocks apps

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:49 PM PST

    So basically all we can do with the phone is stare at the screen only the flashlight responds nothing else works can't even answer incoming calls or restart it using the buttons things a brick

    submitted by /u/DeeJaySki
    [link] [comments]

    My mac started shutting down randomly, and now it won't turn on at all anymore.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:42 PM PST

    When I press the power button, the apple logo comes up for a few seconds and then it goes away and turns off again. I've tried to boot into safe mode and recovery mode, but the same thing happens. What's causing this and what can I do??

    submitted by /u/LHSstud3nt
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Air Touch ID not working

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:36 PM PST

    Neither of the accounts on my new M1 MacBook Air are working with Touch ID. Every time I or the other user tries to log on, the prompt will say, password required to enable Touch ID. I've confirmed I have it enabled and it's the same story with new fingerprints. Not sure what to do and it seems like others have this issue.

    submitted by /u/yagop1
    [link] [comments]

    Input Lag while trying to play Superliminal on Macbook pro 2014

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:43 PM PST

    I've been trying to play superliminal on my macbook pro (mid 2014). As soon as I open the game the "in-game" mouse starts lagging as do other commands. If I press the arrow keys to switch between different menu options, it takes over a second for it to work. As soon as my mouse leaves the game window it works like normal, but lags again if I return to it. I'm afraid it might be the hardware? I have 8GB of RAM if that helps, dunno though what other hardware aspects would be important too. Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Hutundstock
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way of recovering deleted messages without a computer?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 04:43 PM PST

    I remembering doing this a year ago, by deleting something on settings. I can't find the damm YouTube video that I learned it from and wondering someone could help.

    submitted by /u/hashoa6
    [link] [comments]

    Why isn't my private mac address changing?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:26 PM PST

    Title; I am fairly certain that my mac address is supposed to change every 24 hours or so, but recently it has not been changing. I've tried looking online, but I can only find articles about how fantastic of a feature it is that this happens every 24 hours, which just rubs salt in the wound. Is there a way to turn it back on?

    submitted by /u/gamemode2
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications for non-built in apps on new Macbook Air M1 (running Big Sur)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 08:15 PM PST

    Hi everyone! Okay so I have the new Macbook Air M1 laptop (running macOS Big Sur on Apple Silicon), and I'm having a problem with receiving notifications for a lot of the apps on it, including the Facebook Messenger desktop app, the Slack desktop app, the Discord desktop app, etc. Despite having notifications turned on for each of these apps in System Preferences (having the notifications set to "Alerts", with all of the boxes - such as "show in notification center" and "badge app icon" - check-marked), no notifications for these apps are coming in (on my main screen OR in the notification sidebar). The ONLY thing that works is that when I open these apps, then it shows me the red badge icon on top of the apps, shows notifications, etc. But I would prefer for my laptop to just be able to get these push notifications without having every one of these apps running at all times just so I can get the notifications.

    I'm not on do not disturb, so that can't be the issue. I've tried signing out and back in to these apps with no luck. I've tried deleting these applications off my computer and re-downloading them, with no luck. I've double-checked to make sure that I have notifications turned on within the "preferences" of each app itself.

    All of this being said, I do successfully still get notifications (as well as red badge icons) from more "built in" apple desktop apps (Messages, News, Music, etc.), regardless of whether these apps are open or not.

    Anyone have any ideas? I would so greatly appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/tomickelenny
    [link] [comments]

    Early 2011 pro I7 why does my MacBook do this when I boot it up? Could it be a battery issue?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    Getting an iPhone for a first-timer?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:55 PM PST

    I've been thinking of getting an iPhone, but I don't know what charger/ headphones to use. The page on the store just says it includes the iPhone 11 and a usb c to lightning. Is that really all it has? The usb c to lightning doesn't seem to the only thing required to charge the phone. Also, does that mean it doesn't include the earpods I've seen in so many unboxing videos? I do have an iPad charger that I believe to be usb to lightning. Will this work?

    submitted by /u/cheeseboi69
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to get photos back after they leave recently deleted?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:36 PM PST

    I deleted some information I had on my camera roll I thought I wasn't going to need anymore. Turns out I could really use it. Anything I can do?

    submitted by /u/bennyll
    [link] [comments]

    How to make games not fill the whole screen on iPhone 12 mini?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:32 PM PST

    So I prefer zoomed mode on iPhone cuz everything is bigger however this messes with apps like YouTube cutting off stuff and making it harder to click things like the search bar. This is fixed in standard mode however games go to the whole screen in standard mode, is there any way to change this because information gets cut off. Thank you in advance and I appreciate the help!

    submitted by /u/SpaceMangoe
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Apple's upgrade program.

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    Are the payments done through apple or through the carrier. I see that it asks for your ssn and number. I have t-mobile and they have mad taxes. If anybody uses it would love the info.

    submitted by /u/_Daarlo
    [link] [comments]

    Bootcamp & DFS Channels of 5Ghz Wifi

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    I have a 2016 Touch Bar MacBook Pro 15", and running into a WiFi issue specifically with 5Ghz DFS channels.

    In MacOS, I can easily connect to my 5Ghz network which I have set to broadcast on a DFS channel to help cut down on nearby interference (townhome complex, very densely packed with WiFi from all my neighbors). No problems at all.

    However, when rebooting into Windows 10 (via Bootcamp), I cannot see or connect to my 5Ghz network unless I move it to a non-DFS channel. I have tried everything (detailed settings changes in Device Manager, to rolling back drivers, to switching between 20Mhz/40Mhz/80Mhz channel widths), but NOTHING works. Windows 10 will only see and connect if I move my 5Ghz to a non-DFS channel.

    I use Bootcamp enough to where I am considering buying a USB WiFi adapter to try with Windows instead. But before I do, does anyone have any ideas about this?

    Edit: I also x-posted this from /r/AppleHelp to /r/MacGaming because the main reason I use Bootcamp is for gaming, and I figured that community might have some familiarity with this issue. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/mpbishop
    [link] [comments]

    12 Pro only usable on LTE

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 03:19 PM PST

    My iPhone 12 Pro becomes an offline device as soon as 5G connects, and I was wondering if anyone else has run into this? With full 5G bars, nothing loads until I force LTE only. Even small things like iMessage texts or getting an email stop entirely unless I turn off 5G.

    This isn't area dependant and I've reset my network settings and entire phone more times than I can count. Using the SIM that was included with the phone. My plan includes 5G too.

    submitted by /u/Gamewinners42
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel