• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    Apple Help Just got a replacement iPhone straight from Apple. I’m setting it up and it needed to update to 14.3. It’s been on the screen in the video for like 40 minutes now. Do I just let it keep going? I can’t actually click on anything.

    Apple Help Just got a replacement iPhone straight from Apple. I’m setting it up and it needed to update to 14.3. It’s been on the screen in the video for like 40 minutes now. Do I just let it keep going? I can’t actually click on anything.


    Just got a replacement iPhone straight from Apple. I’m setting it up and it needed to update to 14.3. It’s been on the screen in the video for like 40 minutes now. Do I just let it keep going? I can’t actually click on anything.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:42 PM PST

    Lightning to USB C Data Transfer

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 03:59 PM PST

    Question: Will a lightning to usb c cable work well with a portable usb c monitor in order to display my IPhone 11 and watch movies/shows?

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/LongjumpingPicture1
    [link] [comments]

    IPHONE 4 MUSIC TRANSFER

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 01:50 PM PST

    Hey guys, what free software do y'all have in mind for me to transfer my 870 songs off my iPhone 4/4s to MacBook Air 2015 so that I give the iPhone to the next door neighbour

    submitted by /u/iceval1
    [link] [comments]

    Why are the thumbnails not loading? I’ve recently uploaded a bunch of videos using iCloud for windows and I can watched them on any device but the thumbnails aren’t showing. On the web, instead of a cloud shows an exclamation mark.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:31 PM PST

    Solid monitor choice for use with 2019 Mac Pro, or source for color profiles for a specific monitor?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:12 PM PST

    I'm in music & audio production, and I do a little bit of video as well. My work-issued MacBook Pro may be on its last legs with a potential graphics card issue, and our Windows-focused IT guy amazingly isn't overly opposed to the idea of shifting me to a Mac Pro rather than a stacked-out laptop again. We can actually upgrade the Mac Pro vs. being stuck in whatever configuration we'd get if we went portable again.

    My issue/question has to do with monitors. I like a big monitor, and I like fine resolution. I got a mid-level 32" ASUS 4K display a few months ago to extend my MacBook's desktop, but it's never quite gotten the color as "good" as the MBP screen. There's always a couple hues out of balance. If it's my only display I could probably deal, but I'm a details person who's also very visual.

    What might be the beat way to get a more accurate color response/profile for this monitor (whose exact model name I can't recall at this moment, I'd have to look at my wishlist on Newegg), or might I be better off finding a different monitor altogether? The Mac Pro Display isn't an option. Too pricey. We're already toeing the line with budgets by considering the Cheese Grater at all.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/pauloman80
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Computer Not Starting

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 05:00 PM PST

    My apple computer went black in the middle of my boyfriend using it and now it won't start up.

    I've done a little bit of googling and have tried unplugging it and letting it rest before plugging it back in. I have also tried holding down curl+option+p+r. When I do this you can very faintly hear it try to power up and then die.

    I'm hoping this isn't the end of its life and it's an easy fix. Any feedback is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jeicn648
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to Move Files from one location to another while document is open - Microsoft Sharepoint Issue

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:33 PM PST

    I have a Macbook Pro. I am trying to move a powerpoint/word file using the file -> "move to" option on the upper bar while the document is open. I am trying to move it from one folder to another on my Mac.

    *While I have the document open*, when I try to click file->move, it immediately goes to "Microsoft Sharepoint" or "One Drive" instead of asking me which folder I want to move the document to.

    This is what happens/what I DON'T Want: https://imgur.com/a/tKURbNX

    Weirdly enough this problem only occurs when I am trying to move a ppt or word doc. I don't have this problem for PDFs.

    What I want to happen: https://imgur.com/a/sYgTlkc (again this only works when I try to move PDFs)

    P.S. I know that I can drag and drop and do all the other ways, I just am wondering why this way doesn't work. I also tried logging out of sharepoint and that doesn't work.

    Would appreciate the help very much. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/annadanchar
    [link] [comments]

    Is it okay to leave macbook pro on charge all day?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:14 AM PST

    Since I am working from home, I use my 2017 MBP-13 with an external monitor. I have the MBP on charge for the entire day and sometimes the week. Will there be any wear and tear on the battery for having it on charge for continuous days on end? I rarely leave the house anymore, so I have no need to be using the MBP on battery power.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DoubleSalad9
    [link] [comments]

    Why am I entering my password all the time!?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:27 PM PST

    Fucken stop making me sign in to my Apple ID 10 fucken times a day, Apple, you useless cunts! More if I swap between iPhone and iPad for no fucken reason!? I get locked out at the end of it every fucken time anyway!! I'm swapping to android ASAP.

    submitted by /u/TwiceBoiled
    [link] [comments]

    Brother somehow has access to my photos via his phone, but he’s not on my Apple ID or anything.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:35 PM PST

    This first started like 5ish years ago and he somehow had my selfies. However I was possibly too uneducated to figure it out then.

    Now he somehow has access to all my photos again. I believe they're somehow on his phone bc he was showing our mother his phone.

    I checked my list of devices and his isn't there. I don't think listing my model or iOS will help since this happened before with an older device. I'm also currently on an older phone bc my other got taken away. Perhaps it's smth to do with my Apple ID? I made a new Apple ID but I'm still worried that he'll somehow gain access since I have no idea how he did it.

    Ask any questions. However I cannot confirm if your solution has worked bc my brother won't tell me shit.

    submitted by /u/hinatah19
    [link] [comments]

    How do I stop spam/scam text messages from email addresses?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:04 PM PST

    After I got the latest iOS update on my iPhone XR, I've started getting a few spam emails in my regular inbox, which I've never gotten before, and now I'm getting text messages from spam email addresses asking "hey can I call you?" And now I got sent a link by some random number and put in a group chat with 20 other people and they won't stop responding! I have no idea what to do, how/why this started happening all of a sudden, and google has been useless. I can only assume it has to do with the latest update because I have never had any issues like this before now and all I've ever owned are iPhones. Can someone please help??

    submitted by /u/Hahabrazzy
    [link] [comments]

    I turn off my ipad mini 5's screen. Then as I set it down, the screen turns back on again. What's causing this most likely and how do I stop it?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:58 PM PST

    Text required

    submitted by /u/wallpapersdance
    [link] [comments]

    How to download DMG files on MacBook?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:57 PM PST

    Hello! I just bought a brand new MacBook Pro all updated with macOS Big Sur. I'm trying to download Discord and it says to drag it into the applications folder but nothing happens? I give it time to download and have looked it up on how to. I have followed all the instructions and made sure I have permission to read and write on the applications folder. I don't know what else could possibly be wrong. I've never owned a Mac before so this is all confusing, I appreciate any help! Thank you!!

    submitted by /u/TheLonelyLoyalOne
    [link] [comments]

    External Hard Drive is taking forever to load on MBA

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:18 PM PST

    I have a Seagate Portable Expansion Drive 1TB from about 2 or 3 years ago. It was reformatted to be compatible with Mac OS.

    Port fell off on the old enclosure after a while and warranty was out so I just decided to buy a SATA to USB cable to attach it to. Removed the drive, plugged it in, but after a little while it would disconnect and would take forever to any files at all. I thought that maybe the problem was with the cable, since I missed that it was USB 2.0 and the drive was 3.0.

    Then, I ordered a new enclosure that arrived today, 3.0 and everything. It's an Orico 2.5in Hard Drive Enclosure that's supposed to be compatible with W/M/L and plug-and-play, no driver.

    The indicator is on and I've tried it with other ports and my old wire. Still, the same exact problem. Other devices work just fine. I can't even load anything before it disconnects. It just shows that finder is loading and takes forever to show up.

    Already tried the following: * Removing and re-inserting into the enclosure * Transferring to a different port * Restarting the computer * Using a different wire

    Also just noticed that when it's plugged in, other applications wouldn't launch. The instant I pull the connection, they all do.

    I last ran it with the old enclosure on High Sierra and I'm currently running Catalina. I'm on an Early 2015 11" MacBook Air. I think the drive itself is fine- never spilled on it or dropped it. Worst it's seen was shuffling a little around my bag those years ago with a case.

    Any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

    submitted by /u/itsthirtythr33
    [link] [comments]

    What might you try if your first generation apple pencil never seems to charge and is stuck at 1% all the time even when plugged into your ipad for a while?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:14 PM PST

    didn't happen before, noticed it the past few weeks

    submitted by /u/wallpapersdance
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE (2020) battery draining faster

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:10 PM PST

    I have had this iPhone for exactly six months now. I started realizing that the battery has been draining faster over the last few weeks. I haven't changed my using habits and I am using the same apps as before. Anyone else experiencing battery drain issues?

    I don't know if it's relevant, but battery health is 93% on my phone.

    submitted by /u/Deikiell
    [link] [comments]

    Do u you think the 12 pro will be better than the cheaper models of the next line up?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:58 PM PST

    Odd issue since Big Sur update - red lines where black letterboxes should be

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:38 PM PST

    Does anyone have any insight into this? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252282530

    I've seen a few people on r/openemu who are having the same issue.

    submitted by /u/unsungsomething
    [link] [comments]

    My laptop has been sounding like a jet engine lately even when I'm not doing anything. Its a MacbookPro 2017 15 inch. Please see this activity monitor screenshot. What is "deleted" that's taking up so much CPU? Any idea how to get rid of it? Thanks

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 10:27 AM PST

    Is it possible to change brightness/volume in small increments on Touch Bar mac?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:08 PM PST

    title says it all. all the articles i could find are from 2016 and outdated. thanks!

    submitted by /u/dumbass_louison
    [link] [comments]

    Weird problem with Safari on new MacBook Air

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:48 PM PST

    Can’t download app after changing my region on iphone

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:18 PM PST

    I just moved to Australia from Hong Kong and I changed my region to Australia by using the apple store but when I try download apps in the Australian App Store, it says "your account is not valid for use in the Australian store, please change back to the Hong Kong store before purchasing. Can't find any solution online that helps

    submitted by /u/CoolKids25
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro connecting to other device while using

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:04 PM PST

    I am a new AirPods owner and I was listening to music with my AirPods when suddenly they disconnected from my phone and automatically connected to my sisters phone and started playing what she was listening to. My family's devices are all on the same iCloud account but my AirPods have never been paired with her phone before. Plus I was in the basement of my house and she was directly above me in the living room. Why would they disconnect when they were being used by my phone?

    submitted by /u/stampy_bitch
    [link] [comments]

    Newer generation Apple charging cube safe to use with 4th/5th generations devices?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:59 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel