• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    Apple Macbook Got my M1 MBA today, upgraded from a MBP 2009, a decade jump in technology, so happy with my purchase!

    Apple Macbook Got my M1 MBA today, upgraded from a MBP 2009, a decade jump in technology, so happy with my purchase!


    Got my M1 MBA today, upgraded from a MBP 2009, a decade jump in technology, so happy with my purchase!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:06 AM PST

    Going from a 5+ year old 15 inch i7 MacBook Pro to a 13 inch M1 MacBook Pro. Those who have gone from a 15 or 16 inch to a 13 inch, what was the experience like?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:24 PM PST

    So after 5 years and a worsening battery on my old i7 15 inch, I have pulled the trigger on a 13 inch M1 MacBook Pro. Mainly because I didn't want to wait for the 14 or 16 inch with M1X to release, and also because I thought those two larger sizes would be way too expensive for me, especially with the configurations I wanted (I fully loaded the 13 inch: 2TB SSD, 16 GB memory). What should I expect with the downgrade in screen size? I have a 12.9 inch iPad Pro (2020) so that's the closest comparison I have and I don't have any issue with things like media consumption compared to the 15 inch. But has anyone gone from a larger MacBook to a smaller one, and if so, how was the experience? Was the smaller size nice or was it a hindrance? I'm looking forward to the portability but I wonder what sort of downsides I'll face going with a smaller laptop.

    submitted by /u/PrisonedMuffin
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Air : Instagram and clash Royale (other stuff as well) with iMazing

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:51 PM PST

    Safari sucks on M1

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:18 PM PST

    Idk if it's just me, but Safari is ass on the M1. It's super glitchy, and while I don't have a comprehensive list of complaints, my two include:

    1) laggy scrolling (doesn't happen on Chrome)

    2) when I watch youtube videos, and I try to go back, it just refreshes the page instead of going back

    Anyone know how to fix safari? I am running the most up to date version and most up to date OS

    submitted by /u/newcreditcarduser
    [link] [comments]

    2017 Macbook Pro Touch bar 13inch

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:35 PM PST

    My Macbook Pro has many issues even though I have went to the serivce center of apple, and replaced my Motherboard, CPU, keyboard, battery and my screen. My macbook sometimes doesn't charge, one of the keys stop working for some kind of reason, shuts off randomly and crashes randomly. I don't understand what is happening

    submitted by /u/Saucy_Mac_
    [link] [comments]

    Could my base model 13 inch power a whole setup?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 11:00 PM PST

    I am looking to build a "productivity" MacBook setup, I am just wondering if my little base model macbook pro can handle like a 34inch ultrawide 4k monitor, even though its thunderbolt.

    Would there be any performance drawbacks? or do monitors not effect that what so ever?

    I want to apologize because this is a really really dumb question, but I couldnt find an aswer to my question anywhere so my only option was to ask it myself.

    Thanks everyone for their time and responses

    submitted by /u/Ghostei27
    [link] [comments]

    Worth upgrading from MBP 13" 2011 to MBA 13" 2017?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:35 PM PST

    Dear all,

    I have a Macbook Pro 13" Late 2011 Core i5 (2,4GHz) with 16GB of RAM and 500GB SSD. Is it worth the upgrade to a Macbook Air 13" 2017 Core i5 (1,4GHz) 256GB SSD and 8GB of RAM? My use is some programing with Python (Jupyter, numpy, xarray), sometimes with fortran (with some mpi stuff). What do you think? Is it worth the upgrade to keep the software updated? How long would the MBA last in terms of software and hardware upgrades?

    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/fredericorama
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Mac App Freeze / Unstable

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 06:17 PM PST

    Hi. I have been using my new m1 mba for around 5 days and until last night the mac started to face some issue:

    1. There were only 3 apps running (chrome, whatsapp, illustrator) and while i was trying to send a document via whatsapp, the app froze and i had to wait for a few minutes for it to recover. It happened 3 times tho.

    2. Another thing is that after the first issue happened, a lot of frozen issue followed later on. Eg. Menu Bar frozen / unclickable after pressing the wifi icon on the Menu Bar (same to other icon i suppose)

    3. The third issue is that my mac was supposed to sleep once i pressed the power button. However, the screen went black and only the loading cursor kept spinning on the screen after pressing the power button. Moving my mouse or pressing any key on the keyboard didn't help or wake the mac up.

    Anyone faced the issues mentioned above? Need your guidance as i'm new to Mac. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/RTRR5
    [link] [comments]

    A small permanent mark/damage on the screen?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:47 PM PST

    A small permanent mark/damage on the screen?

    There's a small permanent mark/damage on the screen. You can barely see it, and you can see it only when the screen is total white. Anyone had an issue like this and tips on how to fix it?

    https://preview.redd.it/b2jk3pxhr1a61.jpg?width=2180&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=07a6ba714845be3177a6c6caf1d460082c96545d

    submitted by /u/WTFGUY5000
    [link] [comments]

    External Hard Drive is taking forever to load on MBA

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:20 PM PST

    I have a Seagate Portable Expansion Drive 1TB from about 2 or 3 years ago. It was reformatted to be compatible with Mac OS.

    Port fell off on the old enclosure after a while and warranty was out so I just decided to buy a SATA to USB cable to attach it to. Removed the drive, plugged it in, but after a little while it would disconnect and would take forever to any files at all. I thought that maybe the problem was with the cable, since I missed that it was USB 2.0 and the drive was 3.0.

    Then, I ordered a new enclosure that arrived today, 3.0 and everything. It's an Orico 2.5in Hard Drive Enclosure that's supposed to be compatible with W/M/L and plug-and-play, no driver.

    The indicator is on and I've tried it with other ports and my old wire. Still, the same exact problem. Other devices work just fine. I can't even load anything before it disconnects. It just shows that finder is loading and takes forever to show up.

    Already tried the following: * Removing and re-inserting into the enclosure * Transferring to a different port * Restarting the computer * Using a different wire * First Aid from Disk Utility * Repair/verify from Terminal: Unable to verify this whole disk: A GUID Partition Table (GPT) partitioning scheme is required (-69773)

    Also just noticed that when it's plugged in, other applications wouldn't launch. The instant I pull the connection, they all do.

    I last ran it with the old enclosure on High Sierra and I'm currently running Catalina. I'm on an Early 2015 11" MacBook Air. I think the drive itself is fine- never spilled on it or dropped it. Worst it's seen was shuffling a little around my bag those years ago with a case.

    Any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions, thank you!

    submitted by /u/itsthirtythr33
    [link] [comments]

    Does 2020 MacBooks come with screen protectors or something?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    I see a few small air bubbles. :(

    Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

    submitted by /u/antdude
    [link] [comments]

    Should I worry about ruining my ssd by airdropping and then deleting 4k videos often? (Video editor)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    I make 4K videos and I am so worried about ssd decay from too many writes. I have a 1tb MacBook Pro 2019

    I use an external ssd but i can't figure out how to automatically make airdrops go into there.

    Also same with my iPhone 12 pro max 128gb. Will making nonstop 4K videos then deleting ruin the memory???

    Should I fuss? Thanks!!'

    submitted by /u/daveuntilthegrave
    [link] [comments]

    Do iOS app push notifications work on m1 MacBooks?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:21 PM PST

    Do you even get push notifications?

    I've watched through a couple YouTube videos and I see it asks for Bluetooth and camera permissions but I've never seen any notifications permissions.

    submitted by /u/Hencray
    [link] [comments]

    Should I sell my Razer Blade 15 for an M1 Macbook Air for photo and video editing?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:14 PM PST

    I have a pretty unique situation. I'm primarily a photographer who also does a decent amount of 4K video, all on my Sony A73. My main workhorse computer has been a Razer Blade 15 with a GTX 1060 card, i7 processor, 16 gigs of ram. I also have a Dell XPS 15 for my job which has all the same specs except only 8 gigs of RAM. I also have an iPad pro 11 inch with 64 gigs of memory with the Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil. I mostly use this for quick emails, media consumption, and some photo editing when I don't want to sit in front of my computer.

    I don't do a ton of gaming, and the gaming I actually do is mostly on my Switch, playing Cyberpunk on Stadia, and Magic the Gathering: Arena (which is playable on Mac as well).

    The kind of editing I do requires Lightroom, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, and Audition. I need all these to run well and run quickly as sometimes I have a lot of photos and video to get through for work.

    My Razer Blade 15 isn't really cutting it anymore for quick photo edits as it seems no matter what I do, Lightroom slows to a crawl when I use it. Photoshop and Premiere seem to still work ok. It also has a battery swelling issue where now the trackpad is almost unusable because the battery is underneath it.

    So here's the question: should I sell my Razer Blade 15 as-is (hopefully get rid of it for $1000 assuming the buyer mostly wants to use it as a desktop) and get a Macbook Air with 16 gigs of RAM? I've watched a lot of videos and read a lot of reviews that the difference between the Air and Pro with the M1 chips is negligible. The fanless design of the Air as well its portability and battery life attracts me a lot (something the Razer Blade is horrible at). I do travel for my job a good bit and it's annoying that my iPad, which goes with me everywhere, is so much lighter than my laptop.

    So could I be fine with a new Macbook Air, my work-given Dell XPS 15, and my iPad pro? Would this be worth it, or a lateral move, or a downgrade? Did anyone else switch from a Razer or similar laptop to the new M1 Macbook?

    submitted by /u/bigbadtacos
    [link] [comments]

    So with the release of M1 does this kill ram upgradability? (with the retina macs pre m1 it was possible to de-solder the ram and solder a higher capacity)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:47 PM PST

    Need to reinstall macOS, but can't Partition Apple SSD SM0128G Media Volume

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:33 PM PST

    My boss just gave me an older MacBook Air and I need some help getting it to startup after she wiped the disks.

    Cannot install OS because there is no drive to select in the list. I read that the fix was to create a partition on the Apple SSD SM0128G Media volume.

    From Disk Utility I cannot partition the drive. Name, Format, Size and Apply are all grayed out.

    Not finding any further resources online to get past this point.

    submitted by /u/Neko_Ninja
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for - how to clean suggestions

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 04:27 AM PST

    Hi!

    Does anybody have recommendations on how I can clean the MacBook screen 📺 and also it's body?

    The important thing is that the product doesn't cause any SCRATCHES!

    #helplease.

    submitted by /u/Yalom_
    [link] [comments]

    Possible to replace optical headphone jack with regular jack on Macbook A1181?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:00 PM PST

    Hello all. I recently purchased a Macbook A1181 from ebay and it has the dreaded red light in the headphone jack problem. The speakers work as the startup chime plays but simply will not be recognized by the computer otherwise. I have scoured the internet for solutions and have tried every trick I've seen to no avail. With that being the case, I wondered if I could try and repair it for cheap as I've done electronics repairs before. Is it possible to replace the optical headphone jack with a regular one to solve this issue? How difficult would the desoldering/resoldering be? Would it be easier to replace the whole motherboard (I've found some mobos on ebay for $10-$15)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

    tl/dr Red light headphone jack issue where speakers won't work on Macbook A1181, is it possible to replace the headphone jack or should I replaced the whole motherboard?

    submitted by /u/ScholarlyHood
    [link] [comments]

    Is it safe to update to Big Sur now ?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:54 AM PST

    Im not really sure if this is even a concern but I was hesitant at first with updating to Big Sur because I didn't want to deal with issues regarding my workflow as sometimes such updates can "disrupt" the things that you are used to. Im currently on a 2020 Intel based MacBook Pro running Catalina 10.15.7. If there's still some issues it would be nice if someone could let me know. My most used Programms are IntelliJ, VSCode, Parallels with Windows 10,Discord, GitKraken.

    submitted by /u/k_zowada1
    [link] [comments]

    Best docking station for macbook pro 2019 15" for less than $200?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 09:17 AM PST

    I see a few docking stations, but none seem to meet all of my requirements:

    • Under $200
    • 4+ USB A ports

    Ideally I'd like a way to turn the macbook on too while it's closed, as I would be only on my external monitor.

    Any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/chillysurfer
    [link] [comments]

    Is this sketch ?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:57 AM PST

    Facebook market place. MacBook Air 2020 being sold for £650. 36 battery cycles count.

    submitted by /u/YamoTime
    [link] [comments]

    What can i upgrade on my MacBook Air 2017?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:49 AM PST

    Hey so, lately i've been realising some bits of slow down after the big sur update. While it's not at a concerning level, i thought it was time for me to boost up the ol machine. It's currently a base 128gb i bought like in 2019. I can get all my thesis and assignments done with ease but music production and video editing...that's where it starts to take a toll.

    I was wondering if it was possible for me to upgrade more things other than storage. For example: Ram and graphics card.

    submitted by /u/swukelz
    [link] [comments]

    Mice on Bootcamp

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:40 AM PST

    I use Windows a lot, probably more than the Mac side of my Macbook Pro 2019. Overall it works great, except the bluetooth mouse I'm using (connected via USB dongle) definitely has issues. The biggest being it will often double click or let go of a click when I'm holding it down. This makes dragging files, selecting screenshot areas, and more, virtually impossible since it happens 2/3 times.

    Is this a problem specific to bootcamp or is to more my mouse? My mouse is a little old Logitech one, but I just want to be sure it's not all mice on Windows before I go and buy another one.

    submitted by /u/bloodyblue32
    [link] [comments]

    Anti Virus Software

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 08:19 AM PST

    I'm a newbie. Was wondering if I bought a Mac, do I need to get Norton or is an apple really that safe. Thank you all for the help, it's greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Quwaffle1977
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel