• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 6, 2021

    Apple Help iPhone 6s cracked and thinking of getting iPhone SE 2nd gen. Any thoughts?

    Apple Help iPhone 6s cracked and thinking of getting iPhone SE 2nd gen. Any thoughts?


    iPhone 6s cracked and thinking of getting iPhone SE 2nd gen. Any thoughts?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 12:13 PM PST

    My Left Airpod just died whilst my right one is just below 50%.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:08 PM PST

    I just bought these second gen airpods to use with my iPhone 11 pro max yesterday. Should I return them? This feels off. I was using them both at the same time.

    submitted by /u/redariana
    [link] [comments]

    I dont know how my brother got this on? How do i turn this shit off?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:14 AM PST

    Clicking the desktop doesn’t bring Finder to the front anymore -- What setting did I change?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:01 PM PST

    iMac Late 2014 shows this error when I try to reinstall OS X. What does it mean and what should do to fix this? Thanks

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:23 PM PST

    Is this normal for Sayonara Wild Hearts on a MacBook Air 2020? This would just be a black screen with the loading symbol on my iPhone.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:29 PM PST

    Can no longer delete 'Documents' folder for redirection on an external drive (Big Sur)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:56 PM PST

    Recently upgraded to Big Sur, and I have found myself unable to redirect my 'Documents' folder to my external hard drive.

    Before, I was about to use terminal to remove the folder, then redirect and create a shortcut to my 'Documents' folder on an external hard drive. Now, no changes happen within terminal, and the original folder (that I want to delete) remains.

    The order of commands I would use in terminal would be:

    1. chmod -R -N ~/Documents
    2. rm -rf ~/Documents
    3. ln -s /[external hard drive]/[user]/Documents ~/Documents

    The 2nd step no longer has an effect on the original 'Documents' folder, and continuing to the 3rd step tells me the original folder still exists (and thus not deleted). I obviously cannot delete the folder by dragging it to the recycle bin.

    I have 4 other "main" folders (Downloads, Pictures, Movies, Music) all synced already, but 'Documents' always de-syncs upon computer restart for some reason.

    Does anybody have any idea of what I can do to enable me to delete the folder? Cheers.

    submitted by /u/quooo
    [link] [comments]

    Several suspicious terminal icons have shown up on my doc and then this popped up?!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:53 PM PST

    Apple still hasn't updated my return status

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:49 PM PST

    Fedex said that Apple received my iPad on Thursday, December 31st, but it's been 6 days already and they still haven't said they received it, much less even received by carrier. Are they backlogged due to the holidays, and if so, when should I expect it to be updated? I'm worried it will go past the return date.

    submitted by /u/nanobee3
    [link] [comments]

    What is happening and how do I fix this?? Just randomly started doing this today..

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:45 PM PST

    iOS 14.3 keeps turning down music played over Bluetooth—even on my Bluetooth speakers

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:33 PM PST

    It's so stupid. It does it with my car's bluetooth and the speaker I use while I'm in the shower. Any way to disable this dumb feature?

    submitted by /u/all-the-time
    [link] [comments]

    Ok so what is going on right now? It says 1% is icloud photos but when i enter the icloud i can see all of my photos and my iphone’s storage is still the same it was 51 it’s still 51,i wanted to gain space how can i do that?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:08 PM PST

    Text messages deleted

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:54 PM PST

    Text messages deleted solution

    My gf deleted all our text messages from the past year. I have access to the text messages via iMessage on my Mac computer and I wanted to save them. Unfortunately just the past months worth of texting was 413 pages and I can't imagine the past year. Is there a way you can save a entire text conversation as a file? Also I want to print out our entire conversation and put it in a binder but my guess says we have 6500 pages of text. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to at least fix it??

    submitted by /u/SnooCauliflowers4796
    [link] [comments]

    Hard Drive not working correctly after Big Sur

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:50 PM PST

    Hi /r/applehelp, I've got a 2018 macbook pro 15 inch , that has been working pretty wonderfully over the past two years. It seems like the second I switched over to big sur now I

    - Get Beach Ball whenever I try to download / upload a file

    - Can't delete files in my code editor, or even drag and drop on desktop

    - Takes a very long time moving files to trash can if even possible

    These things were all working pretty consistently before the update, so I can't see how it could be a hardware issue. Also the laptop is relative new at ~2 years. I've tried restarting several times. Running disk utility helped a little bit, but nothing substantial. Has anyone else run into this, and does anyone have ideas on how to fix . thanks kindly

    submitted by /u/PrawDuhJee
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Pencil not working,I dropped my Apple Pencil a few days back,everything was fine.Then the tip flattened,I got a new one and it still doesn’t work,I let it charge and I still shows me it’s low.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:04 AM PST

    Camera/Mic/Speakers and USB accessories connected to Apple Thunderbolt Display with MBA 2020 are not identified after long sleep

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:39 PM PST

    I've a 27" Apple Thuderbolt Display connected to a MBA 2020 with an Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3/USB C adaptor.

    When I wake up the computer after the long sleep in the morning, only the screen works. The camera, mic, speakers on the display and any accessory connected to display's USB ports are not identified. I've to lock the system and let it go to sleep again. When I wake up it up in few mins everything works fine.

    This is such an inconvenience especially if I've an early morning zoom call and have no time to run this workaround.

    I've done the following so far:

    • Reset SMC
    • Reset PRAM
    • Tried updating display's firmware but got an error that computer doesn't need it

    I'm still on macOS Catalina 10.15.7 as this is a work computer and IT has blocked Big Sur updates till they ratify it. The display worked fine on my older MBA 2015 and this problem starting appearing only with MBA 2020.

    Any help in how to resolve this would be really appreciated.

    System Configuration

    Display Configuration

    submitted by /u/dg4reddit
    [link] [comments]

    MBP wifi has dropped a few times all of sudden, last two days

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:31 PM PST

    Running new (August of 2020) MBP with last stable build of Catalina. Only had Wifi drop once in all this time, until yesterday. It dropped once, and I went to the wifi dropdown list, found our network, clicked it, and it came back.

    Tonight, all of a sudden, it did it again. Came back, then again. I rebooted. Then it dropped again. So I restarted the router, and it hasn't done it since. While this was going on, we had two other laptops, both Chromebooks, (one of those in close proximity to my MPB) using Wifi, and those did not drop.

    1) Is this a normal occurrence;

    2) Should I….delete the wifi network and re-add;

    3) Would updating to Big Sur be of help;

    4) Nothing else has changed on the MBP in terms of adding/subtracting anything, or changing any setting.

    5) Did a wifi diagnostic, nothing found.

    1. Since I rebooted router, it's been rock solid, like it always is. Always get a full signal indicator on MBP wifi icon.
    submitted by /u/brinkeguthrie
    [link] [comments]

    Hello, I’m having an issue with my iPhone/iPad.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:30 PM PST

    Hello, I received an iPad Air recently and I set it up with the same iCloud account of my iPhone. It went well at first but, whenever I download something new on my iPad, I receive massages on my iPhone which say unable to install "x app". So, I click OK for like 10-15 pop up messages every time so I can use it. I'm new to the iPad world and the integrated system of two apple devices, so please if you know anything that might help, share it. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/AliMohd98
    [link] [comments]

    A simplistic, reliable way to transfer hundreds of gigabytes worth of photos from Google Photos to iCloud photos?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:19 PM PST

    Hi guys, I (think) this is my first post in this subreddit! I've been a long time lurker in r/applehelp for a while now and I think it's about time I start contributing when I can.

    Not to write a small narrative, but just over a year ago (15 months), I purchased my very first Apple product, an iPhone 11 Pro 512gb. Since then, it would be safe to say that I have dived headfirst into the deep end of the ever so popular 'ecosystem'. I now have a Macbook Air 2020, iPad Pro 12.9 2020, an Apple Watch Series 5 and am looking at getting a Mac Mini in the coming months.

    Anyway, I really need help to preserve the geo-tags and the timestamps of all of my photos. I did start to gradually download photo by photo through the "Save to device" setting in the Google Photos app, but it was all too time-consuming. It did, however, preserve the timestamps of the photos and geo-tags of the photos flawlessly.

    My next attempt at transferring all of my photos and videos across from Google will be through requesting an archive of my Google Photos data through Google Takeout. I have set it to add to my Google Drive once the archive is complete (I have plenty of extra storage on my Google account), and will use the program 'GoodSync' to download them from Google Drive to my Macbook. Once downloaded and extracted, I will have all of the files of the photos and videos on my Macbook, along with (I believe), the geotags and timestamps. I'm stumped as to how to upload them from my Macbook to my iCloud photos library though.

    Not to write a small narrative, but just over a year ago (15 months), I purchased my very first Apple product, an iPhone 11 Pro 512GB. Since then, it would be safe to say that I have dived headfirst into the deep end of the ever so popular 'ecosystem'. I now have a Macbook Air 2020, iPad Pro 12.9 2020, an Apple Watch Series 5 and am looking at getting a Mac Mini in the coming months.

    Thank you SO MUCH in advance!

    submitted by /u/JustCallMehWhatever
    [link] [comments]

    Clamshell Mode Using Additional Monitors

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:06 PM PST

    Hello everyone.

    I have a 2015 MacBook Pro retina 13". I bought this computer brand new and has worked incredible since I got it!

    I typically have been running my Mac off one additional Monitor for the past year. This Black Friday, I purchased an additional monitor and have been running the computer in ClamShell mode. I absolutely loved it and has been working fantastic. Until now....

    The problem I am having is; when I go to use the macbook in clamshell mode (aka lid closed), it cannot connect to wifi.

    However if I open the lid and use 2 other screen's it allows the wifi to connect instantly.

    Has anyone else came across this issue? I am trying to troubleshoot, but havent found any resources online.

    Let me know, any help would be much appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Ankerstein17
    [link] [comments]

    iMac Suddenly Refuses to accept Password (FileVault)

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:00 PM PST

    While watching today's Capitol Hill raid my ol' iMac mid 2011 suddenly froze up.

    What I observed at the time of issue was:

    Chrome had a "waiting for Cache" message in bottom left corner, cursor responsive, force quit non responsive, a whatsapp notification in upper right frozen. Fully frozen. Had two chrome windows open, streaming YT.

    At this point I waited a bit to see if iMac woke up which she did not, and thus I eventually held down power and rebooted.

    Reboot occurs as normal

    Will not accept my password. Shaking PW field. PW is not incorrect.

    What I have tried:

    Multiple keyboards via USB, caps lock not the issue here.

    Extended Hardware diagnostics: one RAM slot threw an error during memory testing:

    4MEM/9/0000000 0x883f8018

    Removed one RAM from that slot and subsequent HW diagnostics showed no trouble.

    Reboot, still not accepting PW

    Reset PRAM

    Boot into recovery mode -- FileVault is enabled so can not mount , same shaking text PW field when mount disk PW is entered

    Single User mode not possible with FileVault

    This iMac has both an SSD and an HDD, OSX is on the SSD

    If the SSD completely failed, wouldn't I be unable to run Diag at all? Or maybe not even see a boot screen?

    I recognize this machine is ten years old now, but I would love to know why this happened, and maybe save her from being in a landfill, as well as my data. I have a recovery key somewhere - I know i wrote it down or took a photo and sent it to myself; but it was a decade ago so it will take some digging. I have a hunch the thing is going to tell me that is also invalid, but I will find that recovery key.

    Is it possible an entire SSD is corrupted but still can complete diagnostics and run a boot screen?

    Is it possible that somehow the FileVault became corrupted?

    Any insight would be much appreciated, and please excuse me if I left out any obviously important info!

    Mac 12,2 (Mid 2011) OSX 13.3

    submitted by /u/WhyDozTheKniferKnife
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to get rid of this? I can't seem to find it in the security and privacy tab. Thanks.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:58 PM PST

    iPhone 12 Pro Max alert/ringtone sounds not as loud compared to 11 or XS?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 01:59 PM PST

    I upgraded from an XS Max to a 12 Pro Max. I immediately noticed that texts and calls sounded quieter. Before I returned my XS Max there was a noticable side by side difference. I've also compared to a few 11s and same thing. Anybody else noticed this?

    Yes, volume is fully up, notification bar full up, restarted, started fresh, etc.

    ETA: It's system wide, keyboard click, lock sound, etc. All seem quiet and dull sounding.

    submitted by /u/BCT88
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t share anything to a Messenger chat

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 04:11 PM PST

    I have an iPhone 12 Pro Max on iOS 14.3 and when I try to share something from any app to Messenger it will simply not work. I share, select the chat and hit send and it closes the share window as if the message was sent. When I open the Messenger chat it is not there and the shared did not work. Any fix for this?

    submitted by /u/mmbento
    [link] [comments]

    Question about iPhone XR vibration settings

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    Hello ! I am new to the iOS world. This is my first iPhone.

    At night, I need all notifications to be off (no sound, no vibration), but I need my alarm to vibrate in the morning. If I keep alarm setting to vibrate, but my ringer button is set to silent (no vibration), the alarm also doesn't vibrate.

    Can anyone please help ?

    submitted by /u/SuKh22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel