• Breaking News

    Saturday, January 9, 2021

    Apple Help Can’t click on disk utility via Internet restore. Proceeded to wipe it clean using the Internet recovery mode option. However I can’t get past the screen. I am pressing enter on top of disk utility and it’s not working.But that doesn’t seem to be working with this either.

    Apple Help Can’t click on disk utility via Internet restore. Proceeded to wipe it clean using the Internet recovery mode option. However I can’t get past the screen. I am pressing enter on top of disk utility and it’s not working.But that doesn’t seem to be working with this either.


    Can’t click on disk utility via Internet restore. Proceeded to wipe it clean using the Internet recovery mode option. However I can’t get past the screen. I am pressing enter on top of disk utility and it’s not working.But that doesn’t seem to be working with this either.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 02:51 PM PST

    Laptop for kids?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:45 AM PST

    I was thinking of getting my child who is 9 his first laptop. Right now he used an iPad for school work since he isn't the grade yet where they are doing work requiring anything more than just minimal computing.

    Is a Mac a good idea for a starter laptop? Or should I just go cheaper first with something like a Lenovo?

    Edit: thanks everyone for the feedback. Yes, there is a coding class in the spring that unfortunately does not work with iPad or chromebooks. I think we are going to go with a Lenovo for now and wait til he's a bit older to splurge on the MacBook.

    submitted by /u/random_guy_somewhere
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone explain to me where these are coming from? I’m 95% sure that these aren’t actually Apple charges. I called the number and *supposedly* got ahold of PayPal, of all things.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 07:19 PM PST

    Got an email today with a circle/slash-through next to it. What does that mean?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:47 PM PST

    My iMac (2013) has not been able to stay on for more than 10 minutes without repeatedly restarting itself automatically (details in comment).

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:07 PM PST

    Volume changes colour when increasing/decreasing? Macbook Pro 2015, on OS Catalina 10.15.7

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 05:10 PM PST

    iCloud photos and family sharing

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:51 PM PST

    I have a fairly large photos library that I would like to upload to iCloud so that I can view all of my photos on my MacBook, phone, and iPad. I also am part of a family sharing plan where I am not the organizer. I am wondering if it is possible stay with my family sharing plan so that I can use my family's Apple music and Apple TV+ account, but have my own iCloud storage plan so that I do not hoard all of my family's iCloud storage. If so, how would I go about setting this up?

    submitted by /u/ballin_stalin
    [link] [comments]

    How to choose password option when Face ID is enabled.

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:48 PM PST

    I'm using an lux app that requires a a small strip of paper in front of my camera, however I can't open my phone because it won't even give me the option to type my password in. It's a big pain when I you're working on a project and need to remake a 1/2in piece of paper wrap your phone every time.

    submitted by /u/MJ_enginerring
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know how to remove this god-forsaken thing? I got it on my iPad but I don’t remember how to turn it off

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 09:48 PM PST

    Apps are using data even though I turned their cellular usage off

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 08:42 PM PST

    My apps keeps using data even though I turned off their cellular use and turned off WiFi assist. Apps like Audible and the podcast app use data even though I download everything it listening to before I leave WiFi. What's going on?

    submitted by /u/SBcitizen
    [link] [comments]

    No response from iPad Air 2

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 04:55 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I have an iPad Air 2 running the next to latest iOS (sorry forgot the numbers).

    It was working fine, but I forgot to charge it overnight and now it won't boot up.
    It has been charging for several hours but still no response.
    I have tried holding the Home and Power buttons to force a restart but nothing happens.

    Is there anything I can do to get it to start up?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

    Enjoy!

    submitted by /u/conchan
    [link] [comments]

    HIGH SIERRA IS ANGERING ME, any advice for me to install it. So many ERRORS

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 04:29 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    Basically I erased my MacBook Pro 2012 today as I am passing it on to my friend as their laptop recently broke on them during our revision for exams.

    I erased the Macintosh HD Drive believing that after doing so the Macbook would be a clean slate and it then obviously came up with the Grey Stop Sign, using common knowledge I realised I needed to reinstall the OS onto the Mac so in CMD+R recovery I got to the utilities Menu and pressed reinstalls High Sierra. With just 2 Minutes left on installation I get the "Could Not Create A Preboot Volume For APFS install".

    So onto my next step of troubleshooting I find out that in fact didn't erase the Harddrive but a volume of the Harddrive and that there's a pesky little arrow that you need to click to show ALL devices. After doing that I found the whole Harddrive and a common way I found online to bypass the APFS error was to completely erase to delete the harddrive then add it in later then reinstall. WELL....When I tried to erase the whole Harddrive it came up with Erasing Process has Failed : Unmounting disk, Couldnt open device and operation failed, but when I do this is unmounts the volume I previously erased.

    Worthy to note when I got into Internet Recovery (CMD-ALT/OP-R) It gets stuck on the loading bar, I left it for an hour today in the internet recovery and the bar didn't move or load anything at all and was stuck at a 24min timer that never changed after 60 minutes passed by...the mac is connect to WiFi however as in the usual recovery menu I can see it is.

    Worth noting I tried Terminal with diskutil erasedisk and it failed with that saying 'Couldn't open device'

    ANYYY help pls!!! I really want to just sort this mac out for my friend so bad and don't want to let them down.

    it's a:
    MacBook Pro 15″, 10.13

    submitted by /u/_taylorleighhhh
    [link] [comments]

    Clarifying Clean Install Process

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 07:57 PM PST

    I just wanted to clarify I don't need to setup a bootable disk to do a clean install of Big Sur. It came on my MacBook, and just want to ensure from recovery mode I can format the drive if needed, then through recovery mode again just reinstall Big Sur. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/liveoakenforest
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook's backlight doesn't work

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 12:21 PM PST

    I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with what I have to assume is a busted backlight. The brightness control on the keyboard does nothing, and I know the computer itself still works because I can see the screen if I shine a light through the Apple emblem. I've also tried getting around having no screen by plugging the Mac into a TV and my PC monitor via an HDMI cable, but it refuses to connect to anything for whatever reason, so it's basically completely useless right now.

    Is there anything I can do to fix this? I've looked at the repair costs online and from what I can tell, it'll cost at least $600 for someone to fix it, and I just don't have that kind of money lying around.

    submitted by /u/SupaKoopa714
    [link] [comments]

    Photos from iPhone 7 > iPad mini 4. When trying to upload photos from the iPad mini onto eBay listing it is saying their isn’t enough pixels. On my older iPad I don’t get this issue. Please can you advise what is causing this and how to fix it?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 01:40 PM PST

    iPad stuck in boot loop

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 07:16 PM PST

    I have an iPad 5th generation (OS 14.3) that is stuck in a boot loop. It will power on the screen to the Apple logo then go black and do it all over again. If I am lucky I can get it to go into recovery mode and the computer will see it but I can't update or restore it. It fails with error 4013. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Kimmuli
    [link] [comments]

    Stuck Factory Reset

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:57 PM PST

    I restored my iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB in order to sell it. After 4 hours the progress bar is not moving. I had the phone full of pictures and apps, but I think 4 hours would be enough time to finish the reset.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Mr-LuisMolina
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro Max camera blinking. Is this normal?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 03:04 PM PST

    Mac: can you save snippets to hot keys for pasting!

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:48 PM PST

    I often have templates I want to reuse and it would be ideal to have quick access- any tips on this?

    submitted by /u/UpOnCloud9
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone too quiet on Macbook

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:43 PM PST

    I'm on a Zoom call, and I've boosted my built-in microphone to max in both the system preferences and in the Zoom app. Is there a way I can boost it a little higher (I already do this with my speakers)? Maybe a third party app or something?

    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) macOS Catalina 10.15.7

    submitted by /u/singstall
    [link] [comments]

    Can the M1 MacBooks run programs that haven't been updated?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 02:46 PM PST

    My laptop is having some annoying issues lately so I've been looking around a bit. The MacBook Air with M1 chip is a serious contender, but I'm not sure about the chip. As a student, I need to be able to run a lot of non-mainstream programs like Stata and Pajek. However, I've heard that programs need an update to run the new M1 chip and it will take a at least a few months or even never till these types of programs will get such an update.

    Is it true that the new MacBooks are truly not able to run these or do they just not run optimally?

    submitted by /u/UmCeterumCenseo
    [link] [comments]

    I have no idea what is going on none of these are mine

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:17 PM PST

    Apple Air with 256GB Storage ... space left?

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:14 PM PST

    I was checking out the prices for the new Air and with 256GB for the low end ... with the OS and base apps, how much usable space do you get with that? 150GB? Or is apple's OS and app sizes shrinking with the M1?

    submitted by /u/aram535
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5SE Update Faliure

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:06 PM PST

    I was updating my iPhone 5 SE to version by using itunes on my imac mid 2011, and it was going all fine until in the middle of the update, it gave me an error saying that an error occurred. Now my phone is stuck on the updating screen, and my computer doesn't recognize the phone anymore. What should I do with my phone? I'm scared to unplug it and I don't know what to do. I also have the Phone updater log if it can help. Should I just restart my phone and see if it still works? This was also at the top of the iPhoneUpdater log:

    2021-01-09 16:44:06.000 iTunes[1956:507]: restore library built Oct 27 2020 at 12:39:35

    2021-01-09 16:44:06.000 iTunes[1956:507]: iTunes: iTunes 12.8.2.3

    2021-01-09 16:44:06.000 iTunes[1956:507]: iTunes: Current software version: 17F75

    2021-01-09 16:44:06.000 iTunes[1956:507]: iTunes: Apple Mobile Device version: 1253.40.18.100.1

    2021-01-09 16:44:06.000 iTunes[1956:507]: iTunes: Software payload version: 18C66

    2021-01-09 16:44:06.000 iTunes[1956:507]: iTunes: Using MobileRestore state machine

    submitted by /u/Ms_jefferson
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro no service

    Posted: 09 Jan 2021 06:01 PM PST

    I've had my iPhone 12 pro unlocked ordered directly from Apple since launch, on Verizon. I still have the gray box on the lock screen saying "phone not activated, contact carrier if this continues " with the no service up top. I have to either toggle airplane mode on/off or restart phone to regain service. This always happens when traveling between cell towers, as it fails to transfer from tower to tower. I had better reception with my old iPhone 7 compared to the 12 pro. I've been in contact with both Apple senior tech and Verizon senior tech for well over a month plus now, Verizon has admitted there's an issue involving the 12 models, Apple continues to say they never herd of it. I've done all the trouble shooting possible, including multiple network resets, full restore to new from iTunes, new 5g sim , and set cellular to Lte only, along with many other things. Last time I talk with a Apple senior tech, they said the hardware was fine, via two remote diagnostic test and said its a network issue and said Verizon would want to take the lead. The Apple senior tech then called Verizon and told them it's on their end and the hardware was fine and passed the call to me. Verizon had me do a few more network resets, while on their end made some adjustments, still no luck. Verizon is now sending me another 5g sim to try and put in a NRB ticket to have the cell towers radios and reception in my area checked. I currently waiting for the second 5g sim to try out, which I don't think will fix the issue, and to here back from Verizon on the NRB ticket. It's just ridiculous Apple won't acknowledge the issue and advise to if a fix is coming via iOS/modem/carrier update or is it hardware related. Apple and Verizon teamed up for the launch of the 12 models, so as far as I'm concerned they are both responsible and need to work together and fix this major issue. Has anyone else had this issue and it still continues or has an idea to what the problem is? There are many reports online of this issue, but I wish tech sites like Macrumors, 9to5mac, imore, and others would rerun the stories as the issue remains unresolved.

    submitted by /u/Tomreddit4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel