• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Apple Apple will let Amphetamine app stay in the App Store after wrongly telling developer it violated App Store rules

    Apple Apple will let Amphetamine app stay in the App Store after wrongly telling developer it violated App Store rules


    Apple will let Amphetamine app stay in the App Store after wrongly telling developer it violated App Store rules

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:05 AM PST

    Portless iPhone 13 rumors: could 2021 bring phones without connectors?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:33 AM PST

    Before July 2020, I had never typed a line of code. Now, my first app, WatchThisCube, is in the App Store!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:33 PM PST

    I've had a lifelong desire to start coding, and due to the pandemic, I finally started my coding adventure in July of 2020!

    I've now got a MAJOR app in the works, and took a break from it to make my first ever publicly released app, WatchThisCube!

    WatchThisCube is a puzzle timer app for the Apple Watch. Used for tracking your time to solve puzzles, such as Rubiks Cubes!

    The timer is not meant to replace a traditional puzzle timer, such as a stackmat timer, or even a more feature rich puzzle timer app on iPhone. Rather the app is more for on the go usage! If you're away from your phone, at a friends house and he hands you his cube off the shelf, or maybe you just didn't want to lug anything else with you, you always have a timer on hand!

    For those of you who don't participate in the speed solving scene, a traditional timer involves setting your hands on it to "ready" the timer. As soon as your hands lift, the timer starts, you solve the puzzle, then place your hands back on the timer to stop it.

    The watch app works using this logic by pressing and holding on the screen to ready it, and lifting your finger to start the timer and then tapping on completion! The app also saves your times from your session!

    My favorite feature is haptic inspection times! When speed solving, traditionally you are provided 15 seconds to inspect the puzzle before solving. With WatchThisCube, with inspection time enabled, lifting your finger from the timer starts the 15 second countdown. However, when you have 7 seconds left, your wrist gives you a tap! 3 seconds left? Another tap! And finally a tap once 15 seconds has fully elapsed and the timer begins! Allowing you to keep your eyes on your puzzle and have a hands free inspection!

    I'm super stoked for this app! It is simple but effective! I've had great enjoyment out of using it myself! And I hope you all do as well! It has been quite the ride so far!

    WatchThisCube is completely free, ad-free, and collects no data!

    You can download WatchThisCube by clicking here!

    Thanks so much for your support!

    submitted by /u/metroidmen
    [link] [comments]

    Apple M1 - Why Intel or AMD does not have something like this?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:59 PM PST

    NeonBattle: My 2D-Car-Soccer-Game is now available in the App Store!

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:23 PM PST

    Hello Everyone

    A half year has passed since I received pretty good feedback on a video of my game Neonbattle. Neonbattle is a 2d arcade game in which you play soccer with a car! I've tried to add different features like a local multiplayer, online multiplayer and singleplayer using levels and a (time-based) highscore mode.

    It also features GameCenter support in form of achievements!

    The game is a sideproject of mine (that's the reason it's free) which I plan to improve over time.

    The game is completely free and contains no ads

    Feel free to ask me any questions! I'm also happy to hear some feedback or ideas for improvement

    Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1525197549

    submitted by /u/sh3rlock97
    [link] [comments]

    What is up with Order Replacement and Ordering System?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:41 PM PST

    Don't know if anyone will read this but here we go

    If I knew there were this much trouble, I would have never purchase a macbook on an installment plan.

    I ordered a macbook to pick up last november during Thanksgiving. I have used an option to trade in my old macbook pro for the credits and to do monthly payment. Apparently, there was back light leaking on the side of the screen so I had to return in for a replacement.

    So I went out to ship the return and head to the Apple Store to get my replacement unit. When I got there, I couldn't pick up the order, they say "we have it, but we couldn't release the order, you may have to cancel this order and purchase a new one tomorrow or later on." So I agreed. They cancelled the order and the trade in. I waited for more than a month but still haven't seen any progress on my apple card statement so I opened a dispute with them.

    They told me that I will receive the temporary credit right away but didn't get it until yesterday and I can send in documents for it. And 4 minutes later, they told me that Apple Store has provided sufficient evident that I have made the purchase and continued to charge me. I was asleep when I received these emails. I asked them just now and they said that, they have never received the my return and charged me the rest 450 for my trade in.

    While the tracking number on the label they sent me has been received and signed. And when I checked for my return progress in my orders now, it disappeared off my account while it should've been there. Because it was there when I was checking to see if my order did get received.

    I kept reaching support but they just put me into a loop of going to different supports and I am so frustrated. I am a student was looking for a new laptop for school on a payment plan. I only have $1000 of credit limit and now it has been utilized for more than half the amount because of my trade in and I have to continue paying monthly FOR THE LAPTOP THAT I DO NOT HAVE. I don't have enough money to even pay for the full balance right now.

    I will try contacting support again but I am so tired and frustrated. Thanks for reading, I hope you have good day

    submitted by /u/ailrlexp
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur and M1 mini displays woes

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:39 PM PST

    I have an M1 mini with two iiyama displays. They wake at different speeds, so when I wake the mac, it flails around re-detecting displays. But of course, it's a desktop device, and the displays are static - is there any way to force it to learn/fix the installed displays? (one is displayport into thunderbolt, the other is direct into the hdmi port)

    (The issue is that the mini resizes/moves windows based on the first display it sees, before the second display wakes. I just want it to be static and not redraw every time it wakes).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/captainfartbum
    [link] [comments]

    What Do You Want to See From Apple in 2021?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:32 AM PST

    Does using a 90W Mac charger block to charge my iPhone damage it’s battery?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:21 PM PST

    I got the phone last year and its already at 84%

    submitted by /u/Alpay_
    [link] [comments]

    How do I extract highlights and notes in a PDF in iBooks?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:44 PM PST

    How do I extract highlights and notes in a PDF in iBooks?

    Can't find it =/

    submitted by /u/Ardebalito
    [link] [comments]

    Screws missing on bottom of macbook pro

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:47 PM PST

    Ive had my mac for about 6 years now... it's worked perfectly fine up until about 2 weeks ago. Now it won't turn on. I randomly noticed that two of the screws on the bottom of my mac are missing. Do they ever fall out or something? I have no idea how long this has been the case for.. could have been for years. Did someone steal the battery or something from my computer? I'm not sure what to think about this

    submitted by /u/randomdolphinnn
    [link] [comments]

    My Experience @ Apple (archive)

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:08 AM PST

    Apple Watch SE Dock won’t update

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 12:49 PM PST

    The 'Audiobook' app is in my Dock but I only have it displaying favourites and it is not one of my favourite apps. How do I update it?

    submitted by /u/reganneale
    [link] [comments]

    Removing children accounts from Apple One Bundle Subscription?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:54 PM PST

    I have 2 children under 13 who have children's Apple ID accounts. They take up 2 slots on our family Apple One subscription, and we have 2 adult members who'd like to join our Apple One bundle. Can the 2 children accounts be removed from the subscription? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/rootedoo
    [link] [comments]

    Deciding between a new MacBook Air vs MacBook Pro for my wife (primarily for writing)

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:10 AM PST

    So my wife wants to really wants to dedicate more time this year to writing, therefore I'd like to get her a new Mac as our currently MacBook Pro is getting long in the tooth. The battery is bad and we of course have that awful butterfly keyboard.

    I'm looking at either getting her the new MacBook Air or the 13" MacBook Pro with the M1 chip. Is there any reason to go for the more expensive MacBook Pro in her case? Based on what I've read so far, it seems like both have similar performance specs, both are not using the butterfly keyboard, and both seem to have excellent battery life. The only big difference I see is the touchbar on the MacBook Pro, but given we don't have one, I'm not sure how useful it is or if it's worth the extra few hundred dollars.

    Anyways, thanks for any advice or suggestions!

    submitted by /u/tx2005
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MacBook Pro 16 Inch

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:53 AM PST

    What does everyone here think about the now year-plus old MBP 16 from 2019 as still buyable in 2021?

    Apple hasn't released an update to its MBP line since 2019 it appears and the new ones may or may not come in 2nd half of 2019.

    Is it worth waiting?

    submitted by /u/P4ULUS
    [link] [comments]

    Need laptop — can 13” MBP M1 with 16g RAM handle Creative Cloud with other apps open?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:01 AM PST

    I have an older iMac (16g) and MacBook Air — I have an admin + design business — Chrome + Creative Cloud + Slack + Spark (email) apps open almost 24/7 = rainbow wheel. I want a new MBP, prefer to purchase the M1 — wondering if I will encounter same? (I run daily maintenance with Clean My Mac and backup to external drive 4 x day). Anyone with M1 running these apps? If I open Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop on iMac — I have to force quit almost everything else. Thanks in advance. I would purchase the 16" MBP with 32g — hesitant because of losing so much value with the M1's coming out later this year? I have to buy something — just wondering specifically about the 13" MBP running Creative Cloud

    submitted by /u/Pdx_Duffer
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone Upgrade Program

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:23 AM PST

    So, I bought an iPhone 11 pro max January of 2020 on the upgrade program. I am eligible for an upgrade and won't be back in the US till August. Will I then be able to directly upgrade to the 13 pro max when it comes out in September as I am eligible to upgrade till December 2? and will I have to pay anything extra?

    submitted by /u/gogeta1202
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel