• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    macOS Look at the scroll bars. I really hope the new design head pushes to be better this.

    macOS Look at the scroll bars. I really hope the new design head pushes to be better this.


    Look at the scroll bars. I really hope the new design head pushes to be better this.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:06 PM PST

    My iCloud library is littered with iPhone apps backup folders which are then synced to my Macs, can these be moved at all? Any tip on cleaning iCloud library are welcome.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:56 PM PST

    Keeping my MacBook Pro M1 16gb ram 512ssd or not?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:55 PM PST

    Hello guys. I just received my MacBook Pro M1 512gb ssd and 16gb RAM and I only need it to edit in FCP, and to use photoshop sometimes.

    I have a small media agency and my MacBook Pro from 2015 can't keep up with the 4K videos anymore. It is laggy and slow.

    So I bought this MacBook Pro but now there are everyday more and more rumors about the new upcoming MacBook Pro 14" and 16" with thinner bezels and M1X or M2 chip!

    What should I do now? I received this MacBook Pro and I don't know if I should unwrap it. I spent 1680€ (which are about 2050$). It is actually a bargain here in Italy, because the price to buy it from apple (same config) is 1930€ (2360$) I'm thinking about selling it to a guy in my city (he would give me 100€ above the price I paid!!) and temporarily getting a BASE MODEL Mac Mini (8gb ram 256gb ssd) while waiting for the new MacBook to come out because it probably hold more value since it's a base model and I can use the remaining 1000€ that I would save for something else.

    Since I already have a monitor, mouse and keyboard, and I'm stuck at home due to covid, I was thinking that probably I should sell it, get 1780€ and spend 780 on a mac mini base model, and keep the 1000€ in my pocket. Don't know if it makes sense!

    What should I do? Is it a smart choice? Would I be able to edit Sony 4K footages with the 8gb Mac mini?

    submitted by /u/Paradiso22
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Installer

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:48 PM PST

    Im trying to create a Big Sur installer usb but the intaller from the app store keeps failing. Is there a direct way to just download big sur? Maybe through a torrent or just a link?

    submitted by /u/yerawizardx
    [link] [comments]

    How do you turn off the lock screen when you press the Touch ID button on MacBook Pro.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:08 PM PST

    Every time I press the Touch ID button it locks my screen and its super irritating. how do I disable this?

    submitted by /u/burner1949
    [link] [comments]

    Help] I have MacBook Pro When I connect any iPhone open on Home Screen Show me This Error and it’s Force me to restore Device, All devices like that Thanks For Help

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:02 PM PST

    Quick Apple Silicon ARM architecture availability check

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:29 AM PST

    App to disable/enable camera on MacBook?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:20 AM PST

    I know how to disable the camera in Settings but I'd really love a simple app that maybe runs in the menu bar and allows me to switch between states.

    Does anyone know if such an app exists? I can't find anything.

    submitted by /u/PooleyX
    [link] [comments]

    Any professionals out there using Adobe CC on Big Sur. How is it going?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 01:05 AM PST

    I've held off on upgrading as I use my iMac for professional use and need it to be stable.

    Big Sur has been out for awhile now. Any creatives out there who have made the update and able to share how performance and stability has been for you?

    Majority of my time is in After Effects and Illustrator but I also spend a lot of time in Photoshop, Lightroom and Dreamweaver.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ff33b5e5
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina install app location?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:49 AM PST

    Hi I'm on Mojave currently, and I would like to get a Catalina install app so I can set up a partition and install it on there to make sure I can update without breaking anything I use frequently, and to see what I'll need to find a replacement for that does break.

    However, in my searching, I cannot find a working app store link for Catalina (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201372 the app store link here and on other pages that use the same link does not work. I have tried other Apple support pages as well), and I very much do not trust random sites hosting Catalina installs.

    I would prefer to not update to Big Sur for a while, as you might be able to guess from me still being on Mojave, so please do not suggest I just do that instead. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/liquidsprite
    [link] [comments]

    Does installing a VPN impact internet speed?

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 12:38 AM PST

    I installed NordVPN and noticed that the ping went from around 45ms (before VPN) to around 110ms after I installed the VPN and without using it yet.

    submitted by /u/KesoReal
    [link] [comments]

    How to prevent Catalina from auto-updating to Big Sur

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:15 PM PST

    How to prevent Catalina from auto-updating to Big Sur

    For some reason when I restarted my Mac today it started updating to Big Sur:

    https://preview.redd.it/44gvrbee01961.jpg?width=2757&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8f5f08bc901a523bb73976636a77c7d576da74ef

    The strange thing is that I have the Software Update prefs set to NOT update:

    https://preview.redd.it/jynojrvk01961.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=78b5fa610a6bc13abd7702776d4458f66143924b

    Because I use some apps that don't work on Big Sur I panicked and forced my Mac to shut down by holding the power button.

    I then Googled how to prevent this Big Sur auto-update but couldn't find anything that worked. The only useful thing I did find was a way to hold down the Option key while rebooting which allowed me to boot into the start-up disk that has Catalina installed:

    https://preview.redd.it/czk5r6xb21961.jpg?width=3024&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=1e0134c8110e84d1c34f6b31c3f6b2b924c62e19

    The only useful thing I did find was a way to hold down the Option key while rebooting which allowed me to boot into the start-up disk that has Catalina installed.

    I should mention that before this happened I was trying to update Xcode but kept getting the "not enough disk space to install the product" message, which is why removed apps and files to make space and had to reboot. But that's a topic for another post.

    Anyone out there knows how to stop this darn auto-update to Big Sur every time I reboot?

    TIA!

    submitted by /u/project_guru
    [link] [comments]

    M1 mini and display woes

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:41 PM PST

    I have an M1 mini with two iiyama displays. They wake at different speeds, so when I wake the mac, it flails around re-detecting displays. But of course, it's a desktop device, and the displays are static - is there any way to force it to learn/fix the installed displays? (one is displayport into thunderbolt, the other is direct into the hdmi port)

    (The issue is that the mini resizes/moves windows based on the first display it sees, before the second display wakes. I just want it to be static and not redraw every time it wakes).

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/captainfartbum
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Getting rid of items from the status/menu bar

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:56 PM PST

    I've been trying to get rid of a couple items from my MacOS menu bar. They're not system icons, so the cmd+drag option doesn't work, and the application is one I need for a project I'm working on, so deleting the app outright won't be an option either.

    There also doesn't appear to be an option in the app itself to get rid of the icon. The app is for a scanner I'm using, and there's about 4 or 5 different apps needed to get everything done with it, so I don't think the devs are very good at UX.

    Can anyone help me get rid of this stupid icon?

    submitted by /u/mrandr01d
    [link] [comments]

    Green flickering on all web browsers. Can anyone help with this?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:57 PM PST

    Controlling brightness of external monitor.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:41 PM PST

    Will I be able to control the brightness of my external monitor in my mac control center if I use USB C to display port cable to connect?

    submitted by /u/TerribleRecording854
    [link] [comments]

    upgrading to Big Sur is the most regret thing u could possibly do

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:39 PM PST

    Macbook Pro 2017 (i5 3.1Ghz ,8 GB Memory) Now running on Big Sur 11.0.1

    before update i could run SPSS and multiple things at the same time (like youtube and Word)

    Now, running Youtube ONLY could be hell.( I hang 4 times in half an hour and got no choice but to force Switch Off)

    I cant run my SPSS probably , quickly hang after outputing my first question. (Running Word at the same time as i am doing a report)

    I now sincerely regret updating it, and I want to downgrade 😭😭😭 ( If i take it to Genius bar , would that be safe? Or just better do it myself becoz of Tiers?)

    submitted by /u/fLAcflies
    [link] [comments]

    I'm kinda new to Mac...

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:18 AM PST

    I've fiddled with it in VM before but not extensively because it runs like ass on my VM.

    I'm getting a MBP 15" it's a 500gb storage but it shows it's split 250 250, but it's not a partition how do I get the full 500 on one single drive?

    submitted by /u/dragomen747180
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to format internal disk: disk is read-only

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:20 PM PST

    Hello everybody, I'm sorry to be here again asking for help but I'm facing a new issue with my MacBook (13" early 2015 running macOS 10.15.7): I brought it to the Apple's technical assistance to replace the battery, it went back to me on 29 Dec but on 1 Jan it has shutdown and when I restarted it and tried to login, once I inseted my password it has shutdown again.

    Basically when I try to login into the system, even being in safe mode, the device shuts down after i provided my password. I tried to restore macOS or format my drive to do a clean install of the system but I'm unable to format my drive: it seems that the disk is in read-only mode.

    I was able copy some of my data from the internal disk to an external HDD using the terminal but I'd like to format the internal drive and do a clean install to see if it can solve my problem.

    How can I format the internal drive in this case? Do you think a clean install can solve the issue or may it indicate a hardware problem? (the built-in diagnostic routine didn't show any issue).

    I had some other stability issues in the past, here's a post I created some weeks ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOS/comments/k8gtat/recurring_issues_with_apfs

    Thanks for any help!

    submitted by /u/RyanJ93
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to view which iOS apps are currently available in the mac app store before I upgrade to an M1?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:14 PM PST

    Cant login to my account on big sur

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:10 AM PST

    So i have a brand new mac mini. Tried login to my user, couldn't, eventually reinstalled the os. Had new user error(cant create user) got it to work but it wont accept my password. Any clues as to what should i do?

    submitted by /u/kLifOrd
    [link] [comments]

    Why is my new battery (replaced by AppleCare from Apple) manufactured in 1979?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 09:15 PM PST

    What is one essential app that is worth getting free/paid that's not preinstalled?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 11:25 AM PST

    For a Macbook Pro 2019?

    Especially wondering if there's a CCLeaner like app?

    submitted by /u/defenestratorman
    [link] [comments]

    Too old to update?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:09 PM PST

    I'm trying to download Xcode on my MacBook Air but I keep getting a message that I need to update to macOS version 10.15.4 or newer. Last night I wiped it clean and downloaded the OS that was available which was macOS High Sierra version 10.13.6 and I have no new available updates. I have a 2013 MacBook Air. Is my Mac too old to get the latest software updates?

    submitted by /u/GoG30
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel