• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 3, 2021

    Apple TV How I don’t fumble with the remote orientation anymore

    Apple TV How I don’t fumble with the remote orientation anymore


    How I don’t fumble with the remote orientation anymore

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:49 AM PST

    Using Apple TV w HomePods

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:10 AM PST

    My Apple TV is called living room. I previously was able to control the Apple TV by saying hey Siri play X show on the living room. And also hey Siri pause the living room or continue the living room. This worked flawlessly. Somehow now the Apple TV will only play/pause resume music even if you're currently watching a television show, if we say hey Siri pause on the living room, the music window pops up, it's not controlling the show that we are currently watching, just the music which isn't even being played. How can I clear out this music so I just controls the shows?

    submitted by /u/agentmikeyd
    [link] [comments]

    Remote control issues - help!

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:28 AM PST

    I hope this is okay, I couldn't find any help threads or rules around it.

    I have a 4th gen Apple TV & today the remote just randomly stopped working - it was fine this morning then stopped later in the day.

    I've tried all the advice I can find: - turned it off & back on - made sure the remote was charged: it's been plugged in for over 2h now - pressed the menu & volume up button for 5 seconds near the device (also 10+ seconds), nothing happened, no indication on the tv

    It was originally paired but marked as "not connected" within the setup screens, I unpaired it & tried to pair again but nothing is happening.

    Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/elliedee84
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to limit or remove Apple Music video previews on the Home Screen?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:06 PM PST

    As much as I want my kids to see 30 seconds of the WAP music video preview on the Home Screen, I would like to be in control of what is shown there. Is there a way to remove or limit this stuff?

    submitted by /u/adullploy
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV app on WebOS lower quality than Apple TV 4K and Sony Android TV versions

    Posted: 03 Jan 2021 02:04 AM PST

    So, I realised a while ago that the WebOS version of the Apple TV app running on the LG C9 was playing purchased content at a lower bitrate resulting in less fine detail than when watching on an Apple TV 4K.

    I decided to see if this was the same on my Sony 900H which now has the Apple TV and surprisingly no it's not. It's playing the same higher bitrate version that the Apple TV 4K is.

    It's odd that one version of the app is being nerfed and another isn't.

    submitted by /u/Bjmort
    [link] [comments]

    Why do the movies I’m currently watching not appear in “up next” in the TV app anymore?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:17 PM PST

    Turn off all airplay codes Apple TV 4

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 10:22 PM PST

    Apple TV 4 tvOS 13.3.1, looking for a way to disable ALL airplay security codes, even one time codes. Have searched and searched and cannot find a straight answer to this. Under Allow Access I have set airplay to ON for anyone on my wifi network and security code to OFF. An onscreen code will still appear and be required no matter what I do and this is unacceptable for my setup. It needs to have 100% no airplay code required from devices to airplay. On Apple TV 2 this was a very easy option not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

    If anyone knows how to achieve this it would be greatly appreciated, thank you 🙏🏼

    submitted by /u/xxVOXxx
    [link] [comments]

    Will Apple TV plus gain 3rd party shows?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:02 PM PST

    I can't seem to find anything concrete online but I'm wondering if anyone thinks apple will look to purchase 3rd party shows to open the catalog or stick with 1st party shows. I ended up dropping Hulu and purchasing Apple TV plus and am happy with it so far every show I've checked out has really high quality and is good but obviously if they could somehow get a friends or the office type show they'd gain a lot more people.

    submitted by /u/Huolihan
    [link] [comments]

    After market warranty instead of Applecare for replacement ATV4K?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    My 4K bought Sep 2019 started the blink of death in the past couple of days. No amount of tech support and and Google Fu could bring it back. Got a Genius Bar appt and they were able to give me a new unit, but it has a 90 day warranty. No Applecare is available because it was put as a replacement of the original. I spoke with Apple Support and the person on the phone that there are other after market ones out there. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/MicroIQ
    [link] [comments]

    Traded in Apple TV but forgot to reset

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:50 PM PST

    I forgot to reset my Apple TV 3rd generation. But I already logged out all the apps and changed Apple ID password...

    I wonder if I called Best Buy since I traded it in. If they would reset it for me.

    submitted by /u/Michael31986
    [link] [comments]

    "Video is not available" on LG C9

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:30 PM PST

    Everytime I buy a AppleTV movie I start to play it and get "Video is not available. Please check your internet connection."

    I did all the troubleshooting online like removed the Apple app from Roku, re-add it, restart Roku, unplug TV and Roku, etc.

    The only fix is when I change HDMI ports but that only works for the current movie. When i buy the next one, the same thing happens.

    Any suggestions? I use an LG C9 TV with Roku Ultra.

    submitted by /u/TheRuckusOne
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes rental has awful bitrate

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 07:14 PM PST

    I bought a fairly expensive 4K TV with great picture quality, and have been trying to get the most out of my content since. Tonight, I decided to watch Wonder Woman (the 2017 one), so I rented it on iTunes. The picture is nice, don't get me wrong. It's definitely 4K, and the HDR looks good, but it has those jaggy and sparkly artifacts that you typically see low bitrate content (hence my assumption that bitrate is my issue). Is there anyway to fix this, or am I just going to have to deal with it?

    submitted by /u/kimbolll
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to upgrade to 4K?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 06:26 PM PST

    Got an AppleTV for Xmas and I just realized it synced with my Movies Anywhere app (I'm guessing) and it shows that I have bought Tarantio's last movie but it's in HD instead of 4K. Is there a way to upgrade it? I'd gladly pay a coupe of bucks.

    submitted by /u/Bigstar976
    [link] [comments]

    Has Dolby vision been fixed on LG OLED b7 with ATV?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:49 PM PST

    Pretty much the title!

    I've been thinking about using apple tv as my digital library and just doing research I've noticed there used to be an issue with raised blacks on the 2017 series of LG oleds while using Dolby vision via an external HDMI source.

    I can't get apple tv via the webos app as the tv is too old so the 4k player is my only choice atm. My tv is up to date so all that firmware should be there to deal with it. The only thing is that I noticed that the fix they issued in the past maybe didn't completely fix it?

    Does anyone have a setup similar to mine and can confirm my questions? Thanks again guys

    submitted by /u/powkakashi
    [link] [comments]

    What are the best and cheapest headsets to use on Apple TV?

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 05:10 PM PST

    I connected my AirPods Pro to my Apple TV and they work great however after a hour or so then tend to fall out of my ears. I'm looking for suggestions on the best over the head headsets? I was hoping the Sony Pulse 3D headset would work but doesn't seem to work

    submitted by /u/wellwellwell789
    [link] [comments]

    TV app vs Movies iTunes app on Apple TV 4K

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:52 PM PST

    Purchased Middle Earth Extended bundle(HD) few months ago on iTunes. The same bundle now gives all 6 movies in 4K. So I checked if the versions I own are upgraded and noticed something weird.

    The TV app on Apple TV 4K plays the movies in HD(Clicked menu button while movie is playing, which opens a banner showing HD). The resolution from video overlay(developer menu) shows 1916x794 while movie is played.

    When I play the same movie on Movies iTunes app, it should 4K Dolby Vision in the "swipe down" menu while movie is playing. And the developer overlay menu shows that movie is being played at 3836x1608 resolution with Dolby Vision. Bitrate is noticeably different too.

    Was on call with Apple support for an hour, and they can't seem to find the reason behind this. Did anyone notice same issue? screenshots here

    submitted by /u/DailyBiker
    [link] [comments]

    Favorite case for my remote

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 04:45 PM PST

    Total unbiased review here, but this is the third silicone case I've purchased for my ATV remote and it's absolutely the best. It's very thick so it makes the remote feel like an actual real remote, not some tiny sliver, and it's also very grippy. I love the black because it looks still like it's factory. You can get other colors if you tend to lose your remote though.

    elago R3 Protective Case... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BHY1L2H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

    https://imgur.com/a/7jaFMy6/

    submitted by /u/DW5150
    [link] [comments]

    Help! TV colors on inputs other than ATV distorted after connecting ATV.

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 03:18 PM PST

    My colors have always been normal based on settings I've had for years. My wife just bought an ATV 4K which we setup.

    I switched inputs to watch Dish and the colors are off significantly. I unplug the ATV and my TV goes back to looking normal.

    Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how do you fix it?

    submitted by /u/uejrue
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV app not saving series or episode progress

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:29 PM PST

    Any solutions to this? I leave it paused to long and it starts the episode over.

    submitted by /u/FinalConflict1791
    [link] [comments]

    LG CX and Apple TV

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 02:28 PM PST

    Hi guys,

    I have a question. I recently bought a LG CX and I notice it doesn't play well with the Apple TV. When I set my audio on the tv to passtrough. My soundbar goes from Dolby audio to PCM. And I have to keep Vision on to see the movies that supports it. Any idea how that works?

    Does anyone know what to do?

    submitted by /u/Randytjhu23
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision on films not released on Blu Ray with Dolby Vision

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:59 PM PST

    Family Sharing

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 01:50 PM PST

    Is there a way to combine all of our movies without switching users?

    submitted by /u/TravoBasic
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] Atmos audio keeps dropping for 1 second every 10 seconds on Apple TV 4k Passthrough on Samsung Q950T soundbar

    Posted: 02 Jan 2021 08:46 AM PST

    Hey everyone,

    I was wondering if any of you guys might be able to help me out with this issue I am having, any help would be appreciated.

    The issue is: Atmos audio keeps dropping for 1 second every 10 seconds on my Apple TV 4k through Passthrough on my Samsung Q950T soundbar.

    The SETUP:
    ------------------

    TV: Sony X950H

    I have an Apple TV 4k going to my Samsung Q950T sound-bar, with the output leaving the eArc port going to my TV's eArc port

    eArc is enable and set to Auto

    Pass through is turned on

    and the Audio output is set to Auto 2.

    An Atmos signal is being transmitted and is visible on both the Apple TV and the Soundbar itself.

    I am using two hdmi cables both capable of transmitting 18 gbps.

    ---------------------

    I am wondering if anyone has a solution to this issue? It seems that non Atmos content works fine so far and that this issue is reserved for only Atmos related content.

    I have tried routing the HDMI cable from my Apple TV 4k to the TV, turning on the Enhanced format, and then leaving the Audio to come out from the eArc port to the soundbar, however I cant seem to get Atmos that way?

    Any suggestions would be truly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mac_and__cheese
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel