• Breaking News

    Monday, December 28, 2020

    Apple TV The worst thing about AppleTV is how easy it is to lose the remote!

    Apple TV The worst thing about AppleTV is how easy it is to lose the remote!


    The worst thing about AppleTV is how easy it is to lose the remote!

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:17 PM PST

    AppleTV is great; my kids love it; they all learned to use the remote before they could use a mouse or a keyboard. However, roughly 3 times a day, we play the 'Where's the remote?'-game. Everybody drops everything and we look in all the places that the remote often ends up.
    I'm tempted to glue it to a 2x4 so that it cannot fall behind the tv or slide under a couch pillow. Again. For the 5th time this week.

    I wonder if there's some technical solution to this problem that Apple could implement for future remotes? It would be great if I could do 'Siri, where's the remote?' and it would tell me exactly where it is. Or maybe play a loud sound or turn on a vibration motor or something.

    Anyone else also losing their ATV remote constantly?
    Cheers!

    submitted by /u/JanSolo
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K and Plex Thumbnail preview? How to get it? Im using the latest version of plex app and tvOS, but still not seeing the thumbnail previews at Apple TV main window.

    Posted: 28 Dec 2020 03:56 AM PST

    Is there any tips or useful information you've learned from using the Apple TV?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:54 PM PST

    I'm not very familiar with Apple Tv but I purchased my parents one as a Christmas present. It's the Apple Tv 4k, 32GB and I had a few questions regarding it.

    Question:

    Is there any way to disable the integration with my iPhone while still keeping my Apple ID the primary account signed into the AppleTV?

    Reason:

    I was setting up the AppleTV for my parents and I used my Apple credentials but now it's pretty much integrated with my phone. For example, my family was checking out Youtube on AppleTV and the audio/video player functionality was linked to the music app on my phone. (In case they sign up for something - which eventually will happen, at least I will be aware of it before they end up paying for every streaming service for the rest of their lives lol.

    * I won't be using the AppleTV and I used my credentials during setup because I knew I'd have to sign into several different streaming services, link accounts together, etc. and that would have been a nightmare for my parents who can't remember their e-mail, let alone their password lol.

    Any help, tips, or tricks when it comes to using the Apple TV would be appreciated.

    P.S - So far my parents like the AppleTV a lot compared to their Smart TVs built-in apps / first-gen firestick which they didn't like at all. I linked their phones to the device and they really like the seamless integration. I haven't looked into it yet but the big selling point that made me go with the AppleTV over the other competition was the screen mirror functionality. Some family (unfortunately lol) mentioned to my parents that they can mirror their phone screen to their TV whenever they want to watch a video or show family photos, etc. since then it's been something they ask about whenever family is visiting. *insert eye roll* lol

    submitted by /u/Yamistewie
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Time Alternative

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 02:52 PM PST

    As the title suggests I'm looking for a way to restrict the amount of time my kid uses the ATV she just got for Xmas. With the new content available to her with all the streaming apps, YouTube and my iTunes purchases she's been up until 2am. Not so much a problem at the moment but it will be when school goes back.

    Until Apple come out with screen time for Apple TV I'm just using my routers profile settings to automatically block internet access at a certain time of the day.

    This works well with the exception of it showing as unresponsive in the Home app.

    Are there any other ideas? I've looked into restrictions but it's not quiet the same

    submitted by /u/scottymtb
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV app integration

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 12:43 PM PST

    anyone know why certain regions don't allow app integration with the tv app?

    In NZ here, have both Disney+ and Prime apps, which fully integrate in other regions. The TV app is beyond useless here

    submitted by /u/scottj83sc
    [link] [comments]

    Issues with Samsung TV & Direct TV cable

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 11:38 PM PST

    When I plugged the Apple TV 4k into my Samsung TV the picture looked weird on the 4k setting so I switched it to 1080. The apple TV picture looks fine, but when switching to cable several of the channels look unnaturally high-contrast and reddish. It's a 4k Samsung TV and now my boyfriend is annoyed that I messed up the picture because I wasn't reading all the prompts when setting up the apple TV. I NEED A MAGIC ANSWER PLEASE!!!

    submitted by /u/Sleepercurve
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV with LG 34gp ultrawide monitor?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 09:10 PM PST

    Hello, I was thinking about getting a 2k ultrawide, and I was wondering if i could get an Apple TV and play some 4K hdr movies I had on it at either 4K or 2k.

    If it works, would a wide aspect ratio movie (2.35:1) fill up the entire screen or would it only fill up the part of the screen that a normal 16:9 monitor/tv would take up.

    The monitor has 2x hdmi 2.0 so we're covered there.

    submitted by /u/eeman0201
    [link] [comments]

    Audio Sync issue can't be fixed without an iPhone???

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 11:25 PM PST

    So recently I got a Bose mini wireless speaker and I'm using it to watch Apple TV. The sound is not horribly out of sync but it is definitely out of sync so I go and try and see if there's an option to adjust the audio in the menu and I discover "wireless audio sync". Okay cool so I click it thinking it's going to do something to sync the audio with my speaker which also has a microphone. Nope. Apparently I need an iPhone in order to use this feature. That's an absolutely horrendous oversight. I'm not about to go buy an iPhone just to make the wireless audio sync properly to my Bluetooth why would they not make an app that's able to do it on Android?? This is just the kind of s*** Apple pulls all the time.

    submitted by /u/kokomoman
    [link] [comments]

    Windows 10 low streaming resolution

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:07 PM PST

    I just ordered Apple TV hoping to watch some of the shows and movies they advertise. Apparently there is an issue with it not streaming in HD on Windows through a browser. I tried setting the Playready flags and even tried MS Edge and Brave browsers, and nothing gets it to stream in HD. Are there any fixes for this yet?

    submitted by /u/markmm
    [link] [comments]

    Police Story 1 & 2 (Criterion)

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:43 PM PST

    I have the original Police Story 1 & 2 before they were replaced by the Criterion versions. Can anyone tell me if they're worth the upgrade? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/cunninsa82
    [link] [comments]

    Which Controller to get for AppleTV to use with Steam Link?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 05:51 AM PST

    So it seems the most recent Xbox controllers are'nt supported yet by AppleTV, what it the most recent/best Xbox controller I should get to play my Steam games?

    submitted by /u/penmakes_Z
    [link] [comments]

    How can we watch media files on our laptops, viewing with a TV screen, without HDMI cables?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 04:15 PM PST

    Sorry for the newbie question — we are slowly setting up our home theater side of the family room. We want to be able to control the TV streaming content wirelessly from our two laptops on the recliners, without tangling with HDMI cables going across the room.

    What setup would let us do this most easily?

    We have one MacBook and one Windows laptop.

    submitted by /u/ItsAllEasy7
    [link] [comments]

    Apple “made for you” Music won’t play on AppleTV the day the playlists update.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:49 PM PST

    Very odd behavior, the Apple Music app on AppleTV 4K, updates the "Made for You" plays lists on different days of the week (ie Sundays it updates the "chill mix"). If I choose these playlists on the day they update (and this only happens on AppleTV) it won't play any of the songs in the updated playlist. If I click into the playlist and choose a song it just goes to a white screen with a blank music square (where the album art usually is), and below the blank album art of just says "not playing". Any ideas on a fix, it's been doing this for at least a year, I reboot the machine, sign in and out, and nothing. If I go into the playlist the day after they update, it plays fine. It's ridiculously frustrating.

    I'm on the latest TVos, 14.3, and it's done it on all the previous versions as well. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

    submitted by /u/Darkhorse4987
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a speed comparison to a Apple TV vs a Samsung smart tv?

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 01:49 PM PST

    I see lots of posts on here about how the atv is way faster then the stock smart tv apps. But just how fast?

    submitted by /u/Ipad207
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV kills my entire internet

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 03:13 PM PST

    I have no idea what to do about this. I got an Apple TV HD for christmas, and it was working fine for the first few days, but now when I use it, my entire internet cuts out for every device connected. It's connected over wifi as well. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/brando347
    [link] [comments]

    I noticed a bug in my library that seems to affect both the iOS app and the one on my Apple TV 4K. I would appreciate if Apple would fix this.

    Posted: 27 Dec 2020 07:45 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel