• Breaking News

    Thursday, December 31, 2020

    Apple TV Is anyone else’s Apple TV 4K like, REALLY laggy?

    Apple TV Is anyone else’s Apple TV 4K like, REALLY laggy?


    Is anyone else’s Apple TV 4K like, REALLY laggy?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 02:37 PM PST

    My Apple TV 4K is REALLY laggy, to the point where it's barely usable. There's input lag with the remote, the UI is really laggy, navigation (opening apps, scrolling, typing, etc) is really laggy, animations are super laggy, and YouTube playback is basically broken, the audio doesn't sync up to the video (other streaming apps work fine).

    At first I thought it was the cable I was using (i've never bought any HDMI cables, I always just use the ones that come with the TV), so I bought the Belkin one that Apple recommended. Didn't do much.

    I tried restarting and factory resetting the ATV to no avail. Setting it to 4K HDR makes the whole system a pain to use and very laggy, and 1080p HDR is just a little better, but YouTube still doesn't work.

    Match Content doesn't seem to make a difference either. Any suggestions on what I can do? I think it might just be my ATV 4K, but I've read that other people have experienced similar issues.

    Update: Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions! The problem's fixed :)

    • The remote lag was caused by a low battery remote in addition to distance and interference (there was not much I could do to fix this besides charge the remote, repairing it helped a little bit)
    • The navigation, system, scrolling, animation and all other UI related lag was caused by my Samsung TV's picture improvements. I fixed this by disabling all of the picture quality improvements on my Samsung TV (the main culprit was Auto Motion Plus). Turning Game Mode on also worked to fix the lag while also keeping some of the TV's brightness and color improvements. Everything looks great and is buttery smooth while running my ATV at 4K HDR, 60hz, and with 4:2:2 chroma. I tried it with a different cable, but there's noticeably more lag with the ATV set to these settings than with the high-speed Belkin HDMI cable that Apple recommends.
    • The YouTube issue was unrelated to any of this, just that YouTube has a terrible app on ATV. Did some more experimenting and anything above 480p causes the video and audio to lag and unsync. I have no video lag with any other app.

    Again, thank you everyone for the great tips! I really appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/carbonatedbeans
    [link] [comments]

    Amazon Prime Too Dark / Netflix Green Tinge!

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 05:04 AM PST

    Hi Everyone, hope you're all well.

    I have an issue with playing HDR content like the Grand Tour on my Apple TV 4K. My TV is a Philips 65Pus8204.

    It comes across very dark for some reason. I have the TV set up as 4k SDR and match content settings. The HDMI cable is correct and I have tried different types. I have ran the Apple TV both directly to the TV and through my Denon reciever but it doesn't seem to have any difference. Some netflix shows also have a green tinge. When I run amazon or netflix on the TV's native app I do not have these issues!

    Thanks for any help

    submitted by /u/GoYardSoHard
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby Vision and HDR question

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:23 AM PST

    So I've become pretty confused on this topic as it relates to Apple TV. For background, everything I've searched on this is pretty old so I'm wondering if they have fixed it or not.

    I have my Apple TV 4K hooked to a receiver, which then goes to my Samsung KS8000. The TV supports HDR10, and not Dolby vision. I have my Apple TV set to 4k SDR, and match content/range is turned on. When I watch iTunes movies or Netflix stuff, HDR is being triggered properly.

    What's confusing though, is Netflix and iTunes always use the Dolby vision badge. Is Apple TV doing some conversion to hdr10? Is it possible I've been getting a bad image because of this? What started me down this rabbit hole is my new AVR shows the video output is 24bit, which I think is Dolby vision right? Which my tv wouldn't be displaying properly. It could explain how I guess I haven't been "wowed" by HDR if my picture has been messed up?

    submitted by /u/phoenixus21
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone else received “Adobe Pass unknown error” message?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:44 PM PST

    I am currently unable to stream😔 googled it but wasn't able to find anything helpful-any assistance is appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/Sloan430
    [link] [comments]

    Whoever has an Apple TV Needs to get the Magic Window Tv Apps

    Posted: 31 Dec 2020 01:18 AM PST

    I recently purchased my first Apple TV 4k.

    While I enjoyed the screen savers they just werent enough for me.

    I downloaded a few of the Magic Window TV Apps - Beaches, Naturescapes, Cityscapes, and my personal favorite Magic Window Air

    You can shuffle the scenes (most of these apps have between 35-80+ different 4K HDR screen savers)

    You can shuffle through 14 relaxing tracks they provide or play your own music on Spotify/Apple Music TV.

    Since I purchased it a few days ago it has been the most used app and stays on our TV in the living room most of the day

    More relaxing to have nature sounds / music with 4K HDR than having a show playing in the background.

    Each app is only $3 and if you had to buy one i would buy Magic Window Air as that is my favorite since the videos pan over the scenes rather than the static views in the Naturescapes/Beaches/Cityscapes

    submitted by /u/WhatsUpBras
    [link] [comments]

    HomePod stutter ?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 12:27 PM PST

    Hey there, I've got an Apple TV 4K playing audio to two HomePods in Stereo.

    The problem is that the audio keeps stuttering, with like static every two seconds, which makes the whole thing totally unusable.

    It doesn't happen when playing Music, or when watching something on Netflix, but it happens when navigating the menus of the Apple TV, when listening to the Music App previews, or when watching something on Plex.

    Please help, as this has made the whole experience horrible.

    submitted by /u/parisiancyclist
    [link] [comments]

    HDR content audio unpauses when ATV goes into screen saver

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 10:45 AM PST

    Only experiencing this issue when I set the settings to 60Hz SDR and Match Content. I've also had a problem with HDR not successfully turning on and the screen flickering.

    Is this a known issue?

    submitted by /u/tnick771
    [link] [comments]

    streaming mkv / mp4 from macbook

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:31 AM PST

    Hey guys, I am trying to find best way to stream big mkv/mp4 files, I am talking 6gb or higher files on apple TV from my macbook. when I use screen mirroring its not smooth as on macbook. I have Apple TV A1842 - 32gb thanks

    submitted by /u/czechflash
    [link] [comments]

    Can I stream a home video on Apple TV from another device without touching the other device?

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 03:27 PM PST

    Say I have a home video on my Mac (or NAS or iPad). Is it possible to play this om ny Apple TV using only the remote? By that I mean without having to interact with the hosting device

    submitted by /u/7eUdi4xp
    [link] [comments]

    What video out to use with AppleTV 4k

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 11:16 AM PST

    I just bought a Sony A8H OLED and I see the video output now having 4k Dolby Vision in addition to 4k HDR and 4k SDR. Is this setting only for the AppleTV user interface or does this affect the quality of video streaming?

    Also I notice that the blacks and colors seem for vibrant when using 4k SDR and I was wondering what everyone else uses and their thoughts

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/iLList_wiLLis
    [link] [comments]

    Soundbar apple tv problem

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 06:05 AM PST

    Hey i owned a apple tv 4k and i already had a soundbar connectet to my tv with hdmi arc. So i can turn on and off the sound with my tv remote (lg oled b8) so now with the apple tv i cant recude the volume with my apple remote or with my tv remote. I have to use the soundbar remote. How can i change this. Also if i turn off my tv, my soundbar doesnt turn off. Before the apple tv both goes on or off if i press the on/off buttom of my tv remote.

    submitted by /u/xNashy
    [link] [comments]

    Playing own videos

    Posted: 30 Dec 2020 09:34 AM PST

    I have not been able to find a true answer but I wanted to see if there was anyway to play downloaded movies or movies I made myself on the AppleTV app on my Amazon Fire Stick?

    submitted by /u/inshallowwater
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel