• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 20, 2020

    macOS What the hell is taking up 35 gbs on my MBA? is it just me? or is it from the operating system

    macOS What the hell is taking up 35 gbs on my MBA? is it just me? or is it from the operating system


    What the hell is taking up 35 gbs on my MBA? is it just me? or is it from the operating system

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Unable to use Netflix and Prime Video on Safari in the latest beta.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:23 AM PDT

    No administrator on macos 10.13.6

    Posted: 20 Oct 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Hello there! Accidentally changed the name from admin user now there is no admin account on mac. FileVault is on. Could you guys help me please?

    submitted by /u/CryptographerNice320
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring a browser window between devices?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:39 PM PDT

    Greetings and felicitations. I have an iMac Pro on which I use Firefox, and an iPhone 6S+ on which I use Safari (since that's what it came with). All of the software is up to date. Sometimes when the iPhone is active and near the iMac I can access (via Command-Tab) its top browser tab on the iMac (where a Firefox icon with a small iPhone icon superimposed in the lower right corner appears in the line of icons), but this does not usually work. How can I do all the/every time?

    submitted by /u/DocWatson42
    [link] [comments]

    How to reclaim the storage from other category ? I cant seem to find any good way to understand what is in this category ?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    [Help] Upgraded to Catalina - 'ghost' external harddrive and issue with writing to external HD

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:30 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I upgraded my MacOS to 10.15.7 Catalina. Since then - i have had two persistent issues:

    (1) When i plug in my external segate harddrive - I get this error (can only read, cannot write like i used to)

    "you can still open or copy files on the disk, but you can't save changes to files on the disk. Back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can."

    (2) When i click on my macintosh HD - i have two icons with red minus, they are almost like a ghost copy of my external harddrive - see here I dont know how to get rid of them

    I want to be able to save 4k files that are ~60gigs to my segate. I use a mac - what are my options?
    Do i need to fully reformat my external harddrive - if so, is there a right way to do so given I will be transferring files that are +60gigs?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ReDalgal
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Finder won’t keep connection with my iPad. Have tried various USB cables. This is not an issue on other MacBooks.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:27 PM PDT

    Can't empty my trash bin of these three folders. Tried terminal methods, force quitting safari etc. Nothing works?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Trying to sell some old Macs and it's proving very difficult...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:25 PM PDT

    I'm cleaning out some old Macs and getting them ready for sale. Wiping is the easy part, but I can't freaking reinstall the OS! It's driving me mad and I've spent way too many hours on it:

    1. Macbook Pro 13" 2013: trying to reinstall mac OS Lion via the recovery tool. I constantly get the error "can't install the additional components needed to install Mac OS X". This happens on the internet recovery tool as well. This happens after I reset the PRAM as well. I've finally download a .dmg for El Capitan on yet a 3rd mac, but can't figure out how to make a damn boot stick with it
    2. Macbook Pro 2015: trying to reinstall mac OS el Capitan via both recovery tools. This one will at least download and run before giving a non-descript error after 4 Fing hours.
    3. Ipad 4 (I know, not a macbook): from my grandfather because he broke the screen and wants me to discard. Doesn't know the password. I can't wipe the damn thing since it keeps asking to connect to itunes, but won't let me hit "trust" when I do connect it. Any thoughts here?

    Safe to say, I'm pretty annoyed at this point. I've got 1 more macbook after this, but I'm pulling my hair out staring at a pile of expensive but worthless hardware.

    Any tips?

    WTF is the point of a recovery partition that you can't use!?!

    submitted by /u/Aldoubledeess
    [link] [comments]

    Any1 know why I get this “command not found”when I open my terminal ? And know how to fix it?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:42 PM PDT

    I’m editing metadata of music files already imported into my music library with 3rd party applications. Problem is, when I select the edited song/track in my music library the metadata that I removed is still there...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    How do I force the Music app to rescan itself? It's as if the Music app is saving the metadata in an unknown location and only showing that metadata and not the updated metadata of the actual music file.

    submitted by /u/offthegrid_throwaway
    [link] [comments]

    LG 32UL950 switching to 30hz after my MacBook goes to sleep and won't let me select DCI-P3 or SRGB at DP 1.4?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:44 AM PDT

    13" 2018, i5 16GB 4TB3. I don't understand why I have to either restart my MacBook or switch DP versions for my monitor to run at 60hz, and no matter what I can't get it to run in DCI-P3 on 1.4. I'm on Big Sur beta 10.

    submitted by /u/RnjEzspls
    [link] [comments]

    How to create completely independent users

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I would like to create a new user on my machine with no files from the main user. For example in my main account I program with Java 14, but when I make a new account it still uses java 14 and I would like to use java 8. Is there a way to make it so the users are completely independent from one another and don't inherit anything?

    submitted by /u/ConcreteBong
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air doesn't update

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    Hi everyone. I've been having an issue for the past two updates. My macbook air (2012 13" model) tells me that there is an update available, Catalina 10.15.7. Whenever I hit the update button, it tells me that my computer will restart, as usual. My computer goes into the update mode, with the Apple logo and the loading bar below it. It doesn't take much than 3 minutes like that, bar is finish loading and it goes to my lockscreen. As soon as I log in, the computer still tells me that there is the same update available. I've tried downloading the update from the apple website and installing it manually, but that doesn't appear to work either. Is there a solution to this?

    submitted by /u/MotherNaturesSon_
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 01:36 PM PDT

    Hey so,

    I've been looking for something simple I thought about.

    Is there anyway to get the app notifications from iOS to macOS? So that those notifcations from my iphone also appear on my macbook so I won't have to look at my phone for notifcations when using my macbook.

    Cheers

    submitted by /u/Splazeing
    [link] [comments]

    Catalina only boots in safe mode

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 12:04 PM PDT

    Since updating to Mojave I've started to experience boot loops on apple logo screen:

    • the bar loads to 2/3 and stops -after a few tries it works

    But, after Catalina, the loops appeared more often, and now is endless, only starting in safe mode.

    It is a MacBook Pro 13 2017. I've tried reinstalling Catalina and it works.....for a day. Next time I try to start the machine I'm back on the loop

    Any clue?

    🙏

    submitted by /u/Roberfumi
    [link] [comments]

    qBittorrent and Big Sur

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 11:20 AM PDT

    Is qBittorent compatible with the latest Big Sur Beta?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/Akis_P
    [link] [comments]

    Question

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 10:04 AM PDT

    What are the things you did/do when you first set up a new MacBook Pro?

    submitted by /u/DarkPasquale
    [link] [comments]

    How to analyse sample of a 'Not Responding' process?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:51 AM PDT

    I have my app hanging in macOS 11 big sur beta in some machines. As a first step, I have taken the sample of the process from the Activity Monitor.

    The sample provides the stack trace of the application taken every 1 millisecond. I have a difficult time in analysing it. I'm new to analysing hangs on remote systems. Is there any guide in analysing the samples? Or any other way the hanging app can be analysed other than sampling it from Activity Monitor?

    submitted by /u/vjaynr
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any working ad blocker for the current version of Safari?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:40 AM PDT

    I can't find one that would block YouTube ads and not generate an error. Back in time I used to use uBlock Origin and everything was great, but since they broke the method of adding extensions everything is broken. Is there any way, or am I confined to using Firefox?

    submitted by /u/keisangi
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone experienced this? Big sur beta

    Posted: 19 Oct 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    I woke my mac from sleep this morning after it had been left on charge all night to find that it was in disk utility asking for my password to my encrypted disk and it asked me to select the boot disk.

    (I'm on the last version of the beta not the newest) Mac pro 16" base

    submitted by /u/Dudethatstotallyrad
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel