• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 4, 2020

    macOS they're trying to go for a high score huh

    macOS they're trying to go for a high score huh


    they're trying to go for a high score huh

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Was 'Independence Day' (1996) The Earliest Introduction to the OS 8 Platinum Interface? (Easter Egg?)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:55 PM PDT

    Boot Up Sound can be disabled in the sound settings, no more terminal commands needed

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:02 AM PDT

    Thanks a lot, Google.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:57 AM PDT

    Am I the only one who lost Dolby Vision support after updating to MacOS 10.15.7?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:29 AM PDT

    After receiving the Safari 14 update a few weeks ago, I started watching Dolby Vision content on Netflix. But today, I noticed that the badge for the video format is now missing. I also can't figure out how to fix it since there's almost no reddit posts or articles about it.

    submitted by /u/Entropy_14
    [link] [comments]

    Who is placing this 'just'-file inside my homefolder? If I delete it, it's put back. Googling this issue is impossible with this file name! :/

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:00 AM PDT

    Open Source Audio Plugin Host for Mac Desktop

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:29 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I wrote an open source plugin host that runs on mac desktop. It hosts virtual instruments, effects, and has a full featured mixing board with busses and aux sends. I am looking for developers who would either be interested in using this code in their projects, or would be interested in helping me improve it. Either way, here is the link to the github repo: https://github.com/dmann200/AudioFramework

    submitted by /u/dmann200
    [link] [comments]

    About 50% of you use multiple virtual desktops currently, so for those that do, do you know what does this?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:13 AM PDT

    About 50% of you use multiple virtual desktops currently, so for those that do, do you know what does this?

    Needs:

    1. Desktop app where you can list todos
    2. When you have an instance of this opened, and you open another instance on a different virtual desktop, it opens on that other virtual desktop
    3. When you open a new instance, it opens to where you left off / are at
    4. Loads fast
    5. No web apps for this

    Have tried a bunch of stuff, they don't do this

    SAAS/Cloud is eating the world. Even tho SAAS/Cloud has won, and desktop development is extremely lacking, do you know of any helpful, and does the needs?

    Please reply with something helpful. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/happypuppy100
    [link] [comments]

    Since 3utools is not available for MacOS, is there a program with similar functionality to check iOS Devices' authencity?

    Posted: 04 Oct 2020 01:03 AM PDT

    Question | 128gig SD Card - reformat, cannot write on MAC (Catalina)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    Question | 128gig SD Card - reformat, cannot write on MAC (Catalina)

    I have a Samsung EVO 128gb SD card. I have a mac (Catalina). I want to have write ability (so i can delete files easily from SD card). The SD card is formatted 'exfat' already. card is not physically locked

    Here is what my SD Card File details are: https://ibb.co/mh5WHy7

    Here is the 'error' when i try using disk utility: https://ibb.co/hsHNspK

    I only have a MAC (no access to PC) -- how do I enable write ability? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ReDalgal
    [link] [comments]

    Is a 30-60 second progress bar normal on every restart/bootup? mid 2012 MBP 4gb, non-retina. Mojave 10.14.6.

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    Bit of background:

    Laptop started to become a little sluggish on Mojave, so I upgraded to Catalina. After the upgrade I'd constantly have a progress bar on boot that lasted about 2-3 minutes, and the whole OS was performing poorly.

    I completely wiped the drives and reinstalled Mojave from scratch, no backups, nothing, just a fresh slate.

    Mojave now runs much better than when I had it before.

    However, I still have a long boot of 30-60s with a progress bar. Is this normal for Mojave? I don't remember having the issue before on Mojave, and definitely didn't on High Sierra.

    submitted by /u/TheAngryAries
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mail junk marked as read

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:05 PM PDT

    Hi all. I recently found out that some important emails were routed to my hotmail Junk folder due to a large number of recipients. This happened awhile ago and those emails were automatically deleted at some point. I had no idea I was receiving them but the sender claims that at least some of those emails were shown as "viewed" on their end. I don't understand how this could possibly happen or even what it means. Is "viewed" the same thing as "opened"? I never viewed or opened any of those emails in my Junk folder. I normally use Mac Mail on a laptop or Mail app on an iPhone to access my email, and I don't open junk. Any ideas on how those emails in the Junk folder could end up being marked as "viewed"? Thanks for any insights as I am very confused.

    submitted by /u/trappedinusa
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook air catalina - extra Macintosh HD - Data partition

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:32 PM PDT

    I've reset and reinstalled catalina OS on my new Macbook Air twice so far. But each time it created an additional Macintosh HD - Data partition. So now I have 3 HD - Data partitions. I've erased and unmounted 2 of them. But how do I delete or remove them completely? I know others have had this problem

    submitted by /u/ICUstunner
    [link] [comments]

    Transferring Music from a iPhone to new Mac running Catalina

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 05:36 PM PDT

    Just got a new Mac. How do I transfer the music on my iPhone to Catalina to setup my Music Library on the Mac?

    submitted by /u/lordb4
    [link] [comments]

    After 2 days of searching forums and Reddit, I upgraded my 2011 MBP to Mojave because everyone says Catalina is trash

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Can't image from any disks?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 09:02 PM PDT

    I'm trying to create a disk image from my external hard disk via disk utility, but I keep getting the error, "Operation Cancelled". Any help?

    submitted by /u/drivingmorans123
    [link] [comments]

    Mojave: WebP Finder support?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 02:42 PM PDT

    I'm aware of the issue, and have tried the QuickLookP plugin from GitHub (last updated years ago), as well as the WebPViewer app from the App store. Neither of these work with Mojave.

    So I thought I'd touch base here to see if there's any up-to-date news on having this file format supported by macOS.

    Thanks in advance for any help!

    submitted by /u/daren_sf
    [link] [comments]

    What apps require the Automation permission?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 08:00 PM PDT

    I'm troubleshooting an app that stopped working with the latest update. One thing I need to do is enable the Automation permission, but for whatever reason, you can't add an app directly unless there's an app already there, and for whatever reason the app I'm trying to troubleshoot isn't asking this.

    So now I'm asking for what apps ask for this permission.

    submitted by /u/RelevantMarketing
    [link] [comments]

    I was looking for a app for iOS and the re-directing page already has the new image of the App Store

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 03:44 AM PDT

    Is there a way to make homebrew use an old version of a formula, specifically because that formula no longer supports High Sierra?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 07:48 AM PDT

    I wanted to install the CLI version of MKVtoolnix as it was a dependency for another package I wanted to install. I'll just mention this question is mainly academic, I don't necessarily need any of what I'm trying to install right no, I just might in future and since realising this is a problem, I'd like to tackle it now in case I do need software in future and run in to this issue.

    If you try to install MKVtoolnix with homebrew on High Sierra it will fail telling you need MacOS mojave as a minimum. MKVtoolnix has been around for a while and supported High Sierra up until only very recently and given I need to run High Sierra for the time being, I'd like to install one of the older versions that supports High Sierra. This turned out to be easier said then done. My first step in googling lead me to this:

    Method 1

    Get the URL of the github commit to the Homebrew core repo for the specific formulae that contains the version I want and then run

    brew install https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core/45ea986f972850fcccf82b3cbd7123a870ad817c/Formula/mkvtoolnix.rb 

    Sadly though, this didn't work because method 1's steps are now obsolete and return

    Error: Calling Installation of mkvtoolnix from a GitHub commit URL is disabled! Use 'brew extract mkvtoolnix' to stable tap on GitHub instead. 

    Fortunately there was a helpful commenter on the article who put me no to method 2

    Method 2

    • Make your own blank repo on github

    • tap in to that repo with brew

    • Extract the old version of the formula you want from the core repository of homebrew, in to your newly tapped personal repo

    • Install the formula using the brew install command but specifying that you want to install it from your specifically tapped repo

    This almost worked, as I could see from the text that appeared after issuing this command that it was indeed attempting to install mkvtoolnix and it was trying to install the version I asked for, except:

    It fucking stopped, and told me I needed Mac Os Mojave!! WTF? I went through all the steps again but went down yet another version below that and the same happened. In there interests of science I tried something like 10 versions back only to discover it returned some kind of error and refused to extract such a version. Though it was hard to confirm, I'm fairly certain that version 40.0.0 and back, which are all the ones I ever successfully tried this technique with, are compatible with High Sierra, and I can see from the terminal output that indeed it is installing from the repo I specified and the version number I specifically extracted and yet somehow Homebrew is retaining the awareness that the core repo version of this particular formula isn't compatible with High Sierra and is refusing on those grounds to install any version even if said version actually would be compatible.

    Because I am installing this as a dependency for another package, I don't simply want to install it from elsewhere, because I need it maintained and managed by the Homebrew package manager, and in any case I can't seem to figure out how I could actually install the CLI version of MKVtoolnix on Mac OS anyway except via homebrew. I'm confused why they decided to disable installation of older versions of formulae via Github URLs in the first place or why generally it so difficult to install older versions of things via homebrew, but then again, I'm not a programmer and don't know how difficult such things are. What's really strikingly weird though is it doesn't just seem to be a limitation of Homebrew, but a deliberate strategy to actively prevent me doing what I'm trying to do.

    Anyone know how I could achieve this, or why method 2 doesn't work?

    submitted by /u/JimmyCrackCrack
    [link] [comments]

    I installed an ssd on my Mac but now it is weirdly contained like this. I can’t use it like a start up disc either. Does anyone know what to do? (High Sierra)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:40 PM PDT

    How to Drag?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:36 PM PDT

    Just got a new MacBook Pro as my old one died on me a few days ago. However, upon logging in I have 2 questions. How do I change my settings so that I can drag and drop with one finger on the trackpad? Every time I try and move an application from the dock or a folder it just opens.

    Additionally, much of my files were saved to iCloud. For example, my desktop files/folders, how do I transfer them from iCloud to my Desktop?

    submitted by /u/FlamingTomygun2
    [link] [comments]

    How about some nostalgia?

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    Does anyone remember Mac OS intro videos?

    Tell me which ones are your favorite, personally I love Tiger, Panther and Cheetah/Puma/Jaguar because of the nostalgia but Snow Leopard/Leopard is also good.

    Snow Leopard: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DSXz9xst5k

    Panther: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69a7Os_AoI

    Jaguar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGFFrwiabBw

    Tiger: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHu_LSlKwk

    Apple products from 2001-2010 are very nostalgic and it seemed like every year, Apple did a massive leap forward in technology. Let me know what you think. Just wanted to bring some nostalgia to this subreddit.

    submitted by /u/SpeedieGamerYT
    [link] [comments]

    Which program can I use to reprogram macros onto razer keypad? (razer synapse/ controllermate alternatives?)

    Posted: 03 Oct 2020 06:35 AM PDT

    Basically I have a razer tartarus v2, I used to used it on windows, but now somehow I can't create bootcamp and the software that I need finally available on MacOS, so I use MacOS exclusively. sadly razer own software has stop being supported and I need a replacement app for that.

    I tried controllermate but it's also has been discontinued.

    there are a lot of macro recorder but it usually apply to every keyboard and every app, while I need only to change one specific keyboard and specific app only.

    The macro I needed usually just textblock so nothing extra complicated.

    for more clear : I use it for autocad and similar programs that uses command so it's faster instead of looking at individual icon.

    thanks reddit!

    submitted by /u/Indrasamala
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel