• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 10, 2020

    macOS T-Minus 4 days till launch.

    macOS T-Minus 4 days till launch.


    T-Minus 4 days till launch.

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:10 AM PDT

    Sorry about this shitpost. This update is looking really good, too good...

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 12:22 PM PDT

    The best Mail client for Gmail and Outlook on MacOS

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 05:01 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a mail app that uses the categories created by gmail (primary, social, updates...etc.) and that integrates well with Outlook.

    Could anyone recommend me anything?

    submitted by /u/TheMemeExpertExpert
    [link] [comments]

    Unmounted encrypted volume taking up almost 62GB. Can I restore/erase this partition to free up space?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:01 PM PDT

    Hello, I was about to use Bootcamp to add a Windows 10 partition on my Macbook Pro and before doing that, I went to check my storage. It showed that I had 61.97GB taken up by "Other Volumes in Container" (https://i.imgur.com/4DC3dgV.png). When checking Disk Utility, it shows that there are 3 volumes in my container (https://i.imgur.com/46MSqLE.png). It says that 61.97GB is not mounted and the only unmounted volume is an "APFS (Encrypted)" volume (https://i.imgur.com/dVGdrMl.png). I didn't encrypt any volume and when trying to mount it, my computer login password doesn't work as the password. Can someone let me know if I can erase or restore that encrypted volume and regain that 61.97GB as free space? Thank you!!

    MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

    Running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.1

    submitted by /u/GaveYourMomAIDS
    [link] [comments]

    Add ripped CD to iTunes cloud?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:27 PM PDT

    I recently ripped a CD using iTunes. It, of course was added to my local library. The album info was pulled from the disc, but I had to manually add album art. My issue is that the ripped album isn't uploading to the cloud. I used to do this all the time, and I can listen to local bands' albums (that aren't found in Apple's music library) on other devices.
    The only difference I can think of is that I used to have an Apple Match subscription and now I use Apple Music. I was under the impression that Apple Music included the Match service.
    I want to listen to this album on other devices! Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/Caffeinated_Ape
    [link] [comments]

    Create mail with attachment using applescript and outlook

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 04:13 PM PDT

    I've wrote a litte Applescript to make a new message with an attached file via outlook. But it didn't work and I don't know why. There is no error or something else. The message is created in the Draft-section of outlook, but the attachment is missing. Can somebody help me out?

    Here's the Script:

    set mailBody to "<span>TEST</span>" set mailAdress to text returned of (display dialog "Mail Adress" default answer "" buttons {"OK"} default button 1) as string set whichFile to file tell application "Finder" to set whichFile to selection repeat with aFile in whichFile tell application "Microsoft Outlook" set filename to name of aFile set theNewMessage to make new outgoing message with properties {subject:"TEST " & filename, content:mailBody} make new recipient at theNewMessage with properties {email address:{address:mailAdress}} set theAttachmentFile to aFile as POSIX file make new attachment at the end of theNewMessage with properties {file:theAttachmentFile} open theNewMessage end tell end repeat 

    Greetings and thanks in advance

    Speedster

    submitted by /u/Speedster84
    [link] [comments]

    How to mute all other apps while in a Zoom/Google meeting?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    I can't be alone in this: When on a videoconference several times each day (usually Zoom or Google Meet), I don't want to receive notifications from WhatsApp, Slack, Messages, etc.

    But I'd rather not have to close and then re-open several notification-generating apps each time I have a meeting.

    How can tell MacOS to "please give this app/tab the entire 'audio focus' "?

    submitted by /u/mohishunder
    [link] [comments]

    Adblocker not working in Safari 14

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:37 AM PDT

    Hey friends,

    I have been using Adblock Plus on safari before, but after update to Safari 14, it is no longer working properly on many sites.

    Tried: reinstalling the Adblocker, tried new adblocker, same issue.

    Do you experience the same? What would you suggest me to do?

    Thanks in advance for your time, kind strangers on reddit.

    submitted by /u/milanoa
    [link] [comments]

    Pause audio on bluetooth disconnect

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:04 PM PDT

    I have a brand new MBP at my new office job. I have Oneplus bullets v2 earbuds which turn off when out of your ears and attached to each other around your neck. I've gotten in the habit of letting them turn off this way when needing to focus more or talk to a coworker. On my oneplus phone this pauses whatever was playing, but on my MacBook it just switches the audio to the builtin speakers, loudly exposes whatever embarrassing thing I was listening to. The earbuds are able to play/pause so I'm surprised they aren't sending that signal before shutting off.

    I assume this would be a problem with any bluetooth headphones when turned off or out of range. Is there any way to force a pause when bluetooth audio is disconnected. I'm open to writing scripts if there's even any way to recognize a bluetooth disconnect

    submitted by /u/ptj
    [link] [comments]

    Cant install HS after catalina broke my macbook

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 03:00 PM PDT

    Set wallpaper to image/PDF that updates automatically when I change it

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:38 PM PDT

    I'm trying to setup a whiteboard type effect on my desktop. I'm basically wanting my wallpaper to be an image that updates whenever I change that image on my ipad using my pencil - I open the pdf from google drive on my ipad using PDFviewer, write something on it and save. I then want the wallpaper on my mac to update to reflect those changes

    Alternatively, if there is an app that does this please point me in the right direction...

    submitted by /u/oneKano
    [link] [comments]

    Firmware password

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:35 PM PDT

    Hello! I have a Macbook Pro running Catalina that I purchased from ebay that after 5 months of using it suddenly the screen went black and is now requesting the firmware password. The issue is I didn't set the firmware password, the seller I got it from must have. I contacted them about it and they haven't responded in over a week. I also took my laptop to the apple store and unsurprisingly they told me they can't do anything without the original receipt of purchase and that my laptop might just be bricked without it. Does anyone have an alternative solution than the apple store since they can't help me? Much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SlanesonaPlake
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any financial software or sites that actually work on macOS?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:09 PM PDT

    I'm trying to find any financial budgeting/planning software that actual works on a macOS but all of them have some stupid problem.

    Banktivity can't import from my credit union

    My credit union's software doesn't track stock

    Nerwallet stupidly only lets a person enter a single bank account from a bank

    Personal capital doesn't import from my credit union

    Quicken had some stupid problem as well I can't remember offhand.

    Any decent financial software or financial site out there?

    submitted by /u/angry_dingo
    [link] [comments]

    Mkdir on iPad

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:57 PM PDT

    I am not sure if I need to have this iPad jailbroken for me to have access to it...maybe you guys know a work around.

    submitted by /u/M0RPHEO5
    [link] [comments]

    Private/var

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    Where do you go to find that on iPad?

    submitted by /u/M0RPHEO5
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Widgets

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 11:21 AM PDT

    Will there be more widgets available other than the standard?

    submitted by /u/CBT144
    [link] [comments]

    Every time I start up my MacBook it always shows a blank white screen as the background when I’m asked to log in. Nothing else is wrong with it, it’s just this. It also doesn’t happen when I log out, only after a shutdown or restart

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:02 AM PDT

    TimeMachine through VPN

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 09:01 AM PDT

    HI,

    I have a strange issue with my Mac. I've created a TimeMachine server based on Linux and it is working fine when I'm home. Unfortunately when I'm away and using VPN connection (it is a different subnet obviously than my home LAN), I cannot use Time Machine to this server. I can connect either AFP or SMB to the server, I can see my shares and after I'm connected to one of the TS enabled share, it is displayed in TS preferences, however when I try to use it, my machine displays an error "share already used"

    I think this is some kind of broadcast issue when I'm not in the same subnet where I have the TS server. Is there any workaround for a situation like this?

    Thx

    L:

    submitted by /u/vladx
    [link] [comments]

    Question about iTunes library

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    I will have my first Mac (a MBP) this month and I have a question about my music library.

    I have a pretty big music library that's why I want to keep my collection in an external drive. I have also Apple Music subscription that allows iTunes to upload my library to cloud.

    After I add some songs to my iTunes library from my external HDD, will iTunes be dependent on these files to play music or I can just disconnect my external HDD whenever I want and iTunes will play them from cloud?

    What I want to say that I don't wish my iTunes library to occupy storage in my Mac or mess with the folder organization on my external HDD etc. I just want to tell iTunes "look here is my music collection, upload these songs to cloud (or match them with Apple Music) and leave my Mac storage and external HDD alone; just play them from the cloud".

    I am not a native speaker so I hope I could explain it right.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mobson
    [link] [comments]

    Need help 2019 13in Mac running slow

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 07:49 AM PDT

    My wife has a Mac 2019 13in model, it is running slow and I am only a Microsoft user. Is their software of a fix to check to see whats running or software clearer that will work ? I don't know much about MacOS. Thanks for any help.

    submitted by /u/bradam2001
    [link] [comments]

    QuickTimePlayer- Screen Capturing - possible to change settings and saving directory?

    Posted: 09 Oct 2020 02:41 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    so I am trying to make screen captures about 1:30 h each. But shockingly, each file is about 5Gb , way too big.

    Is there a possibility to reduce Resoultion and/or FPS (to 30 maybe) to save space?

    And how do I change the directory?

    Or do you recommend an alternative software for this?

    Thanks for any help!!!

    submitted by /u/CypressFX93
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel